Browns Are Better Than The Steelers.
-
This team finally has a nice level of talent... but not enough.
I'm just going to continue to be optimistic and watch the next draft.
Blazing WR. CB, RT, LB. And a rb somewhere.
The Browns have only been blown out by Texas.
That is just a flat out improvement over most other Browns seasons.
This team finally has a nice level of talent... but not enough.
I'm just going to continue to be optimistic and watch the next draft.
Blazing WR. CB, RT, LB. And a rb somewhere.
The Browns have only been blown out by Texas.
That is just a flat out improvement over most other Browns seasons.
You do get it Cal what we need is to draft all OL guys the next the ten years........................because it all starts in the trenches as aclaimed by you....................we need OL screw scoring we need OL
-
The grand scheme behind everything is to hold Hillis out until we play the stoolers so he can demolish their hopes and dreams of getting their asses kicked in another Superbowl by the Green Bay Packers.
When's the last time the Browns lost a Super Bowl? Oh right, you have to make the playoffs first.
-
If you're not first, you're last.
That just happened
-
Ghoolie and Rich:
Minnesota drafted their qb and rb in the first rounds.
They got beat by Green Bay Monday night.
45 - 7
Adrian Peterson didn't get many yards, and Ponder had a tough night.
Gee. Go look at their offensive line.
I win. YAY !!!!
-
Yep. Peterson gained all of 50 some yards.
Now, you'd think that Peterson, arguably the best rb in the entire NFL...
would get a lot more than that. You betcha HE doesn't think offensive linemen are a dime a dozen.
How do you explain THAT?
Say, how about those 6th round draft picks on their oline, eh?
They do have Hutchinson though - and Loadholt, who really should be at OG....
"offensive linemen are a dime a dozen" = "BALONEY"
************************************
Charlie Johnson #74 Tackle Minnesota Vikings Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-4 Weight: 305
Born: May 2, 1984 - Durant, OK
College: Oklahoma State
Draft: 2006 - 6th round (30th pick) by the Indianapolis Colts
Steve Hutchinson #76 Guard Minnesota Vikings Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-5 Weight: 313
Born: Nov 1, 1977 - Fort Lauderdale, FL
College: Michigan
Draft: 2001 - 1st round (17th pick) by the Seattle Seahawks
John Sullivan #65 Center Minnesota Vikings Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-4 Weight: 301
Born: Aug 8, 1985 - Mount Kisco, NY
College: Notre Dame
Draft: 2008 - 6th round (21st pick) by the Minnesota Vikings
Joe Berger #61 Center Minnesota Vikings Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-5 Weight: 305
Born: May 25, 1982 - Fremont, MI
College: Michigan Tech
Draft: 2005 - 6th round (33rd pick) by the Carolina Panthers
Phil Loadholt #71 Tackle Minnesota Vikings Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-8 Weight: 343
Born: Jan 21, 1986 - Honolulu, HI
College: Oklahoma
Draft: 2009 - 2nd round (22nd pick) by the Minnesota Vikings
-
-
In my opinion, the only way the Browns can beat the Steelers or the Ravens this season is if both teams play only their second teams to rest everyone else in preparation for the playoffs. I have my doubts that the Browns can even beat the Steelers or Ravens SECOND or THIRD teams. The other possibilities are A) a miracle, and B)suddenly the clouds part, the angels sing, Hillis recovers his former self, while the other players suddenly see the light and start to execute plays (not quite a miracle, but close).
I expected a difficult season but this is beyond the pale.
-
Watching Green Bay wipe their arse with the the stoolers last year in the SuperBowl was worth watching. And if there is a rematch we will see a even more lopsided score.
It must be fun when the highlight of your football season is hoping a rival team loses the Super Bowl because you know your team has no chance of getting there. I don't know what's worse, being a Brown's fan or a Pirate fan?????
-
Watching Green Bay wipe their arse with the the stoolers last year in the SuperBowl was worth watching. And if there is a rematch we will see a even more lopsided score.
It must be fun when the highlight of your football season is hoping a rival team loses the Super Bowl because you know your team has no chance of getting there. I don't know what's worse, being a Brown's fan or a Pirate fan?????
It must be fun when the highlight of your football season is hoping a rival team loses the Super Bowl because you know your team has no chance of getting there. I don't know what's worse, being a Brown's fan or a Pirate fan?????
Because that's what RIVALSdo.Apparently you have no understanding on what RIVAL means. Yeah, I sit at home everyday wishing my rivals the very best. Break you neck on the way out.........
-
It must be fun when the highlight of your football season is hoping a rival team loses the Super Bowl because you know your team has no chance of getting there. I don't know what's worse, being a Brown's fan or a Pirate fan?????
Because that's what RIVALSdo.Apparently you have no understanding on what RIVAL means. Yeah, I sit at home everyday wishing my rivals the very best. Break you neck on the way out.........
Because that's what RIVALSdo.Apparently you have no understanding on what RIVAL means. Yeah, I sit at home everyday wishing my rivals the very best. Break you neck on the way out.........
Wow your comprehension skills are unbelievable! You sure missed my point! I guess thats what years of losing and denial will do to you!
As for the meaning of Rival, you may be right. I never should have called the Browns a Rival. Thats reserved for the Real Browns / Ravens. You have to be competitive to be a rival.
Why you make me go here?
Steelers 22 wins -- New Browns 3 wins
November 20, 1988 = Browns' last season sweep of Steelers to date. WOW!!!
-
Because that's what RIVALSdo.Apparently you have no understanding on what RIVAL means. Yeah, I sit at home everyday wishing my rivals the very best. Break you neck on the way out.........
Wow your comprehension skills are unbelievable! You sure missed my point! I guess thats what years of losing and denial will do to you!
As for the meaning of Rival, you may be right. I never should have called the Browns a Rival. Thats reserved for the Real Browns / Ravens. You have to be competitive to be a rival.
Why you make me go here?
Steelers 22 wins -- New Browns 3 wins
November 20, 1988 = Browns' last season sweep of Steelers to date. WOW!!!
Wow your comprehension skills are unbelievable! You sure missed my point! I guess thats what years of losing and denial will do to you!
As for the meaning of Rival, you may be right. I never should have called the Browns a Rival. Thats reserved for the Real Browns / Ravens. You have to be competitive to be a rival.
Why you make me go here?
Steelers 22 wins -- New Browns 3 wins
November 20, 1988 = Browns' last season sweep of Steelers to date. WOW!!!
Just because Randy Lerner is an inept feckless fuck doesn't mean that the rivalry isn't alive and well.
If it weren't, you wouldn't be here.
How often do you troll Ravens boards?
-
Wow your comprehension skills are unbelievable! You sure missed my point! I guess thats what years of losing and denial will do to you!
As for the meaning of Rival, you may be right. I never should have called the Browns a Rival. Thats reserved for the Real Browns / Ravens. You have to be competitive to be a rival.
Why you make me go here?
Steelers 22 wins -- New Browns 3 wins
November 20, 1988 = Browns' last season sweep of Steelers to date. WOW!!!
Just because Randy Lerner is an inept feckless fuck doesn't mean that the rivalry isn't alive and well.
If it weren't, you wouldn't be here.
How often do you troll Ravens boards?
Just because Randy Lerner is an inept feckless fuck doesn't mean that the rivalry isn't alive and well.
If it weren't, you wouldn't be here.
How often do you troll Ravens boards?
TROLL??? Check my posts! I rarely post anything inflamitory on here unless provoked by some moron as I was above!
-
Because that's what RIVALSdo.Apparently you have no understanding on what RIVAL means. Yeah, I sit at home everyday wishing my rivals the very best. Break you neck on the way out.........
Wow your comprehension skills are unbelievable! You sure missed my point! I guess thats what years of losing and denial will do to you!
As for the meaning of Rival, you may be right. I never should have called the Browns a Rival. Thats reserved for the Real Browns / Ravens. You have to be competitive to be a rival.
Why you make me go here?
Steelers 22 wins -- New Browns 3 wins
November 20, 1988 = Browns' last season sweep of Steelers to date. WOW!!!
Wow your comprehension skills are unbelievable! You sure missed my point! I guess thats what years of losing and denial will do to you!
As for the meaning of Rival, you may be right. I never should have called the Browns a Rival. Thats reserved for the Real Browns / Ravens. You have to be competitive to be a rival.
Why you make me go here?
Steelers 22 wins -- New Browns 3 wins
November 20, 1988 = Browns' last season sweep of Steelers to date. WOW!!!
So with your definition of "rivalry" the Browns and Steelers were only rivals in the 1980s. Great logic.
-
Just because Randy Lerner is an inept feckless fuck doesn't mean that the rivalry isn't alive and well.
If it weren't, you wouldn't be here.
How often do you troll Ravens boards?
TROLL??? Check my posts! I rarely post anything inflamitory on here unless provoked by some moron as I was above!
TROLL??? Check my posts! I rarely post anything inflamitory on here unless provoked by some moron as I was above!
Unless you are a Cleveland Browns fan on a Cleveland Browns board, you are a troll. It is simply part of the definition of a troll.
What you deny being is a "flamer". Perhaps you are one, perhaps you are not.
When you make ignorant comments about the Ravens being "the real Browns", your denials are counterevidenced.
-
Wow your comprehension skills are unbelievable! You sure missed my point! I guess thats what years of losing and denial will do to you!
As for the meaning of Rival, you may be right. I never should have called the Browns a Rival. Thats reserved for the Real Browns / Ravens. You have to be competitive to be a rival.
Why you make me go here?
Steelers 22 wins -- New Browns 3 wins
November 20, 1988 = Browns' last season sweep of Steelers to date. WOW!!!
So with your definition of "rivalry" the Browns and Steelers were only rivals in the 1980s. Great logic.
So with your definition of "rivalry" the Browns and Steelers were only rivals in the 1980s. Great logic.
I brought that point up some time ago. Point in fact is, the Browns and Steelers have never really been good at the same time, ever. Through the 50s and 60s Browns were good, Steelers sucked. In the 70s the Steelers were good and the Browns sucked. In the 80s, Browns good, Steeler sucked. In the 90s there was maybe a couple of years when they were both good. And of course in the 2000s the Browns have sucked and the Steelers have been good.
-
TROLL??? Check my posts! I rarely post anything inflamitory on here unless provoked by some moron as I was above!
Unless you are a Cleveland Browns fan on a Cleveland Browns board, you are a troll. It is simply part of the definition of a troll.
What you deny being is a "flamer". Perhaps you are one, perhaps you are not.
When you make ignorant comments about the Ravens being "the real Browns", your denials are counterevidenced.
Unless you are a Cleveland Browns fan on a Cleveland Browns board, you are a troll. It is simply part of the definition of a troll.
What you deny being is a "flamer". Perhaps you are one, perhaps you are not.
When you make ignorant comments about the Ravens being "the real Browns", your denials are counterevidenced.
My comment = Ravens being "the real Browns" was for effect! Someone wants to jump on my case out of the blue so I went for the juggular! Sorry if I offended anyone. I love the fact that the Steelers, Browns, Ravens and Bengals are all close on the map. I think thats what makes this division the best. Wait until next year when Cincy gets even better and McCoy gets a reciever or two. This division is going to be brutal!
I travel to all the stadiums and have fun. I can dish it out, but I'm not a Stiller Yinzer Idiot.
-
Maybe it is just me, but I still think and always will look at the Browns as the Steelers biggest rival. Growing up in the 80's when the teams fortunes were reversed, my hatred for the Browns grew into maybe why I feel this way now. That is why in a few years when the Browns are better than the Steelers, which unfortunately is going to happen, all the young Browns fans that grew up watching the Steelers beat the Browns will hate the Steelers as much as I hate the Browns. I still get more excited for those two games a year more than any other.
-
Unless you are a Cleveland Browns fan on a Cleveland Browns board, you are a troll. It is simply part of the definition of a troll.
What you deny being is a "flamer". Perhaps you are one, perhaps you are not.
When you make ignorant comments about the Ravens being "the real Browns", your denials are counterevidenced.
My comment = Ravens being "the real Browns" was for effect! Someone wants to jump on my case out of the blue so I went for the juggular! Sorry if I offended anyone. I love the fact that the Steelers, Browns, Ravens and Bengals are all close on the map. I think thats what makes this division the best. Wait until next year when Cincy gets even better and McCoy gets a reciever or two. This division is going to be brutal!
I travel to all the stadiums and have fun. I can dish it out, but I'm not a Stiller Yinzer Idiot.
My comment = Ravens being "the real Browns" was for effect! Someone wants to jump on my case out of the blue so I went for the juggular! Sorry if I offended anyone. I love the fact that the Steelers, Browns, Ravens and Bengals are all close on the map. I think thats what makes this division the best. Wait until next year when Cincy gets even better and McCoy gets a reciever or two. This division is going to be brutal!
I travel to all the stadiums and have fun. I can dish it out, but I'm not a Stiller Yinzer Idiot.
Perhaps not....but you are a troll, just by being here.
-
Browns beat the Jags who beat the Ravens who beat the Steelers 2x.
-
The grand scheme behind everything is to hold Hillis out until we play the stoolers so he can demolish their hopes and dreams of getting their asses kicked in another Superbowl by the Green Bay Packers.
The grand scheme behind everything is to hold Hillis out until we play the stoolers so he can demolish their hopes and dreams of getting their asses kicked in another Superbowl by the Green Bay Packers.
Translation:
Browns fans got all excited and fooled into believing that a one-diminesional fullback was going to be an elite player after having one flash in the pan season, so you're back to hoping the Steelers don't win another Super Bowl. Also - losing to a team that is currently on a 16 winning streak spanning two seasons with a QB playing arguably at the highest level ever by only 6 points: you consider that "getting their asses kicked"....
Reality: What constitutes getting your ass kicked in Championship Game
Let's do a real comparison and look at the Steelers vs. Browns in actual "Championship Games" - the NFL Championship vs. the AFC Championship. Going to leave out the Super Bowl - because comparing the two is not as accurate a comparison-
Steelers AFC Championship Games (15 Total; 8-7, Average Win 25.3 to 13.4 (95 point differential); Average Loss: 28.0 to 18.6 (66 point differential)
Browns NFL/AFC Championship Games (14 Total; 4-10, Average Win: 37.8 to 13.0 (99 point differential); Average Loss: 29.9 to 14.7 (152 point differential)
Simple facts here - no distortion of the numbers, no manipulation of the data. Despite Cleveland Brown fan's favorite past times of saying the NFL Championship is the same thing as the Super Bowl and how Pittsburgh Steeler fan doesn't recognize an NFL before 1972, both are false - NFL Championships prior to 1966 required winning a single post season game for the Championship with a rotating (not earned via best record) HFA basis like the World Series formerly employed. Additional playoff games were utilized only in the case of two teams finishing tied at the end of regular season. Beginning in 1966, divisions were formed and a playoff was instituted: 3 teams won the NFL Championship during that time - the Packers, Colts and Vikings. In the case of the Colts and Vikings, both were credited with winning the NFL Championship, but not the Super Bowl. The NFL canon considers AFL and NFL Championships prior to the Super Bowl era to be the equivalent of current Conference Championships of the AFC and NFC - which also feature HFA and since 1984, are awarded a Championship Trophy (Lamar Hunt Trophy for AFC, George Halas Trophy for NFC).
I will give the Browns credit in their 4 Championship wins, some very impressive stuff:
1954 - Beat Lions 56-10 (played in Cleveland)
1955 - Beat Rams 38-14 (played in Los Angeles)
1964 - Beat Colts 27-0 (played in Cleveland)
But - the flip side is those 10 losses, the Browns lost by an average of 15 points - and the Lions exacted revenge when playing for the NFL Championship in Detroit winning 59-14 and the Colts avenged the shutout loss in 1968 by winning 34-0. To make things worse, as mentioned, the 1966-1969 seasons featured two chances at glory - winning the NFL Championship and winning the Super Bowl. While the Packers accomplished this feat - the Colts and Vikings did not, although playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl and for the NFL Championship, both teams piled on the Browns by a combined 61-7 total. It could have been the Cleveland Browns that Broadway Joe made the historic guarantee against.
Personally - when I see the Steelers only down by 6 with 2 minutes left in a game despite making some very damaging self-inflicted mistakes via turnovers and in position to pull off one final game winning drive like they did in the Super Bowl in 2008 and against the same Packers team in 2009, well - I guess my definition of "getting their asses beat" is different than yours. I actually look at it as a defeat - with no excuses and no crying. The opportunity was their and was not seized.
And it's certainly far more preferable than waiting for the draft with a pick that is just high enough to be outside the chance to draft a franchise QB, not that the Browns would be smart enough to select a Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rogers when they fall right into their lap anyway.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login