Skip to content

MLB Network

The Tribe Board
8 5 923
  • I've been watching the MLB network on Direct TV channel 213 the last few days. Don't know how long the MLB station has been on the air, they say 4 days, but I'm not sure it wasn't a repeat show I was watching.

    Anyways, the Hotstove program has been good. Anyone else seen this station???

  • Also they will be airing Ken Burns "Baseball" every Tueaday night. 8PM ET

  • Sadly, Dish Network doesn't carry it. I'd love to see the Baseball documentary again...

  • I've been watching the MLB network on Direct TV channel 213 the last few days. Don't know how long the MLB station has been on the air, they say 4 days, but I'm not sure it wasn't a repeat show I was watching.

    Anyways, the Hotstove program has been good. Anyone else seen this station???

    @dieselpusher said:

    I've been watching the MLB network on Direct TV channel 213 the last few days. Don't know how long the MLB station has been on the air, they say 4 days, but I'm not sure it wasn't a repeat show I was watching.

    Anyways, the Hotstove program has been good. Anyone else seen this station???

    Love it. I was dorky enough to watch the "countdown" full time for about the last hour before it went live. I like the talent they have on "Hot Stove" (Magrane and Leiter especially) and get a kick out of reading an update scroll across the bottom of the screen that mentions stuff that only baseball fans could possibly care about.

    Maury Brown has done a terrific job of covering the channel and its launch here:

    http://www.bizofbaseball.com/

    Beanpot

  • No, I have cable. Between the trees and the configuration of my house, I am afraid I can't get a dish signal unless I put the dish on the top of my A-frame gable, and I can't do that, nor would want to.

  • No, I have cable. Between the trees and the configuration of my house, I am afraid I can't get a dish signal unless I put the dish on the top of my A-frame gable, and I can't do that, nor would want to.

    @ballpeen said:

    No, I have cable. Between the trees and the configuration of my house, I am afraid I can't get a dish signal unless I put the dish on the top of my A-frame gable, and I can't do that, nor would want to.

    build a bird house around the satellite dish, use the correct materials, fabric, plastics and you can have it hidden.

    check out the RV/Boat industry, they keep their dishes in a plastic dome. correct materials and the signal will pass through. Trees are a problem though

  • @ballpeen said:

    No, I have cable. Between the trees and the configuration of my house, I am afraid I can't get a dish signal unless I put the dish on the top of my A-frame gable, and I can't do that, nor would want to.

    build a bird house around the satellite dish, use the correct materials, fabric, plastics and you can have it hidden.

    check out the RV/Boat industry, they keep their dishes in a plastic dome. correct materials and the signal will pass through. Trees are a problem though

    @dieselpusher said:

    Trees are a problem though

    Ah, just burn 'em to the ground. There's little evidence that they do anything near as important to your happiness as your ability to watch the MLB Network. Now *that* sustains life!

    Beanpot

  • The channel went live 6 p.m. New Years Day. They showed off the sets, there was an intro from Bud Selig, then they did the first Hot Stove show.

    This was followed by Larson and Yogi commentating about Larson's World Series perfect game between innings as they showed the original game film. Interestingly, it started in the 2nd inning as "nobody knows what happened to the footage of the first inning".

    100+ years of content. It looks to be a great channel.

    Just learned why the Dodgers were named the Dodgers (probably common knowledge I missed along the way. For those who are in the same boat, they were of course in Brooklyn initially, and the were the "Trolley Dodgers" to reflect how the community walked and dodged around the trolleys in streets of town. They quickly became known as simply the Dodgers). If I knew, I had forgotten.