Skip to content

Blackmon Beasting

The Browns Board
38 11 1.3k
  • Anyone else watching the game??? He looks pretty good,Luck has been playing decent as well.....

  • Just posted a thread about this myself hahaha. Two catches, Two touchdowns, 110 yards receiving.

  • lol saw that as well, i honestly dont think RG3 will be there when we pick..Or if he is i for some reason see us trading the pick to Washington at 6 and trying to still land Blackmon there

  • I personally don't see how Blackmon will slip past the Rams. I also don't see us taking RGIII. We would 100% trade the pick away if he is there. Washington would definitely give up stupid amounts to move up 2 picks.

  • I just feel like the Rams wont pass up the LT Kahil, they very easily could go Blackmon but for some reason i feel they will go Kahil....I just feel like Washington is going to move up if not with us then they will try to leap frog us with Minnesota who is looking for Kahil but would they settle for Blackmon?? Or would they try and land Claiborne or perhaps trade with Washington with the belief they could still grab him at 6???I dont think they could because Tampa Bay is going to be looking at CB with Barber retiring and the possibility that Talib wont be there next year.

  • Blackmon is breaking tackles like crazy,makes me think he might do well in this system in Orange and Brown

  • And he is a great person.

  • You're probably right. The Rams will probably go for Kalil. They have so much invested in Bradford that they can't afford him being on the ground another season as much as he has been so far. I could definitely see them going for Kalil. The Vikings have a terrible pass defense, so I could see them going for Claiborne. I could see us trading back to 6 so the Redskins get RGIII. I'd be worried about the Bucs picking him though.

    After the performance he's putting on tonight. I'm 100% on the Blackmon bandwagon. It was either him or Richardson I saw us picking, but I want Blackmon now 100%.

  • You're probably right. The Rams will probably go for Kalil. They have so much invested in Bradford that they can't afford him being on the ground another season as much as he has been so far. I could definitely see them going for Kalil. The Vikings have a terrible pass defense, so I could see them going for Claiborne. I could see us trading back to 6 so the Redskins get RGIII. I'd be worried about the Bucs picking him though.

    After the performance he's putting on tonight. I'm 100% on the Blackmon bandwagon. It was either him or Richardson I saw us picking, but I want Blackmon now 100%.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    You're probably right. The Rams will probably go for Kalil. They have so much invested in Bradford that they can't afford him being on the ground another season as much as he has been so far. I could definitely see them going for Kalil. The Vikings have a terrible pass defense, so I could see them going for Claiborne. I could see us trading back to 6 so the Redskins get RGIII. I'd be worried about the Bucs picking him though.

    After the performance he's putting on tonight. I'm 100% on the Blackmon bandwagon. It was either him or Richardson I saw us picking, but I want Blackmon now 100%.

    If you go back to last years pre draft threads you will see everyone talking about Jones and Green i knew ahead of time Green would not be there when we picked so i was lobbying hard for Blackmon...Thought he was a better player than Jones due to Jones hands, then he decided to return and i thought damn...

  • If Blackmon falls to us at 4 and we don't take RGIII then I don't see how we risk trading back. Heckert says that he won't trade back to a point where he can't get a player he wants to get. If he thinks the Bucs will take Blackmon then he will just take Blackmon.

  • Luck is a taller Drew Brees. Blackmon reminds me of Crabtree to much.

  • Luck is a taller Drew Brees. Blackmon reminds me of Crabtree to much.

    @hempman said:

    Luck is a taller Drew Brees. Blackmon reminds me of Crabtree to much.

    Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.

  • @hempman said:

    Luck is a taller Drew Brees. Blackmon reminds me of Crabtree to much.

    Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

    @hempman said:

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

    I watched the Oregon USC game it wasnt their DBs that lost that game. James and the Ducks just ran all over them. Cant speak to the USC game. I would like to see his 40 times, if they are good then there is no reason not to take him at 4.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

    @hempman said:

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

    Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so

    CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect

  • @hempman said:

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

    Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so

    CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect

    @nw220 said:

    Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so

    CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect

    Yup, Coples is very underrated. Better talent than Sheard who is good. I just am not a Blackmon fan. We need a tall, tough WR who can play in the WCO. Blackmon would have been a nice next to BE back in the Chud days. As Heckert said himself, if you are expecting a WR with the first pick, forget it. There isn't one that is worth a top 5 pick that the Browns like. A bunch later on.

  • Im not sold on Coples and dont think hes worthy of a top 5 pick, if you wanna go that route we can easily trade down and grab him later on not in the top 5...Also i believe that Robert Quinn had better potential as a Pass Rusher than Coples

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

    @hempman said:

    Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.

    He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............

    He has produced two years in a row against quality defenses and a slightly above average QB. As compared to last year when AJ Green didn't even come close to 1000 yards and Jones only got over 1100. Why wouldn't Heckert take a guy who has produced huge numbers over the past two seasons, a person that has great hands, body control, and route running, and has decent speed. Not to mention what a great person he is and good he will do for the community.

    @nw220 said:

    Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so

    CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect

    Agreed. There is no DE who's production or physical skills warrant a top 10 pick. Claiborne is boarder line as good as Blackmon, but I would rather see another season of Brown at starting CB than have to see another year of no true #1 WR.

  • Studly, have to take him if he is there

  • He. Can. Not. Be. Stopped.