Blackmon Beasting
-
Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.
He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............
Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so
CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect
Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so
CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect
Yup, Coples is very underrated. Better talent than Sheard who is good. I just am not a Blackmon fan. We need a tall, tough WR who can play in the WCO. Blackmon would have been a nice next to BE back in the Chud days. As Heckert said himself, if you are expecting a WR with the first pick, forget it. There isn't one that is worth a top 5 pick that the Browns like. A bunch later on.
-
Please describe to me ways that he reminds you of Crabtree, cause except for body size I don't see the comparison.
Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.
He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............
Overblown hype of his so called "physical play". The Stanford DB's suck. They got destroyed by Oregan and USC. Blackmon would be shut down by LSU,Alabama.
He is not Megatron or Green. You have to take what he is. Heckert isn't going to reach for a guy with his skills at the 4, when you have better value at CB or DE. It would be like Holmgren saying he wants a QB with the 4th pick and then picking Landry Jones based on his terrific arm speed/strength combo, ignoring the rest of his issues.............
He has produced two years in a row against quality defenses and a slightly above average QB. As compared to last year when AJ Green didn't even come close to 1000 yards and Jones only got over 1100. Why wouldn't Heckert take a guy who has produced huge numbers over the past two seasons, a person that has great hands, body control, and route running, and has decent speed. Not to mention what a great person he is and good he will do for the community.
Really whos the better Value at DE??? Coples?? No dont think so
CB?? Claiborne? that could be argued ethier way i personally think Blackmon is a better prospect
Agreed. There is no DE who's production or physical skills warrant a top 10 pick. Claiborne is boarder line as good as Blackmon, but I would rather see another season of Brown at starting CB than have to see another year of no true #1 WR.
-
Studly, have to take him if he is there
-
He. Can. Not. Be. Stopped.
-
Blackmon is owning shit, tonight.
W... o ...w.
-
If Blackmon is there and we pass on him, I'm getting a new team.
-
How much is it Blackmon?
How much is it Weeden?
-
Alot more Blackmon. Weeden is a decent QB but nothing great. Blackmon has great moves and twitches to get open and great moves after the catch.
Also anyone who doubts Luck I hope you watched this game. He would be absolutely perfect for us and I would be so happy if we traded up to get him. He's made every throw an NFL QB needs to make and he's even done it while on the move or while getting thrown to the ground. Near perfect field vision and he audibles like Manning.
-
If we don't come out of this draft with Luck, Blackmon, or Richardson, I'm going to rage. That is assuming they aren't the 1-3 picks. In that case I won't be as mad. But if we pass on Blackmon or Richardson and don't trade up for Luck, I'll be pissed.
-
I would rather miss on all 3 than take Richardson at 4 when we could trade back in the top 10 and still get him.
-
If we don't come out of this draft with Luck, Blackmon, or Richardson, I'm going to rage. That is assuming they aren't the 1-3 picks. In that case I won't be as mad. But if we pass on Blackmon or Richardson and don't trade up for Luck, I'll be pissed.
If we don't come out of this draft with Luck, Blackmon, or Richardson, I'm going to rage. That is assuming they aren't the 1-3 picks. In that case I won't be as mad. But if we pass on Blackmon or Richardson and don't trade up for Luck, I'll be pissed.
Browns like Ball better than Richardson.
-
If we don't come out of this draft with Luck, Blackmon, or Richardson, I'm going to rage. That is assuming they aren't the 1-3 picks. In that case I won't be as mad. But if we pass on Blackmon or Richardson and don't trade up for Luck, I'll be pissed.
Browns like Ball better than Richardson.
-
Blackmon just declared for the draft on TV.
-
How would you know that. Ball is a mid 2nd round pick and runs a sub 4.55 40. Richardson is not only faster with better agility but is also loads stronger.
Can't catch, isn't much faster. May be more agile, but isn't what the Browns are looking for. Ball isn't being considered for a first rounder fwiw.
RB class sucks this year
-
The only bad thing about Blackmon's performance right now....... It'll be harder for him to slip to us. That really sucks.
-
My shit smells like General Tso's chicken.
-
How would you know that. Ball is a mid 2nd round pick and runs a sub 4.55 40. Richardson is not only faster with better agility but is also loads stronger.
Can't catch, isn't much faster. May be more agile, but isn't what the Browns are looking for. Ball isn't being considered for a first rounder fwiw.
RB class sucks this year
Can't catch, isn't much faster. May be more agile, but isn't what the Browns are looking for. Ball isn't being considered for a first rounder fwiw.
RB class sucks this year
Ball's receiving stats: 20 rec 255 yards 12.8 average 6 TD's
Richardson: 27 rec 327 yards 12.1 average 3 TD's
One is clearly not better than the other in that department. Watch them side by side and Trent Richardson is a clear .5 faster than Ball at the very least. I also never said Ball was being considered for a 1st round pick, I said he was mid 2nd at best. Richardson is better in almost every aspect of the game.
-
How would you know that. Ball is a mid 2nd round pick and runs a sub 4.55 40. Richardson is not only faster with better agility but is also loads stronger.
Browns probably will still want Hillis for the heavy load. I look for them to go scatback in the second round. Maybe the Oregon runner.
-
Hillis and James would maybe be a nice duo.
As much as I hate him, I would love a LeGarrette Blount type runner. He's not a scat back, but not a power back either. He's just big enough to break some serious tackles, but isnt a rumbling FB either.
Essentially, he's a slightly faster Hillis.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login