Skip to content

Colt's Stats After 16 Starts

The Browns Board
33 22 1.9k
  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #1
    Colt McCoy: 58.8% comp., 3,340 yds. passing, 16 TD, 15 INT

    Brian Sipe: 55.5% comp., 3,138 yds. passing, 19 TD, 24 INT

    Bernie Kosar: 54.4% comp., 2,952 yds. passing, 13 TD, 9 INT

    Terry Bradshaw: 46.1% comp., 2,894 yds. passing, 11 TD, 37 INT (4 Super Bowl wins, HOF)

    John Elway: 49% comp., 2,492 yds. passing, 11 TD, 20 INT (2 Super Bowl wins, HOF)

    Troy Aikman: 55.1% comp., 2,664 yds. passing, 12 TD, 25 INT (3 Super Bowl wins, HOF)

    Steve Young: 54.9% comp., 2,722 passing yds., 9 TD, 16 INT (1 Super Bowl win, HOF)

    Source: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/sports_blogs_local/Blog-Browns-should-keep-Colt-McCoy-as-their-starting-quarterback#ixzz1ibT7QOn2

    Colt's stats may be inflated due to the longer season, but the only stat above that it would really affect is the total yardage. The completion pct and TD/int ratio are both maintained. I really would rather us not draft a QB this year. If we build a better team around Colt, give him a third year, then see if he's for real or not, I don't see how it hurts us. We could always draft a QB the next year, it won't be RG3, but when did the Bengals pick up Dalton?

  • Colt McCoy: 58.8% comp., 3,340 yds. passing, 16 TD, 15 INT

    Brian Sipe: 55.5% comp., 3,138 yds. passing, 19 TD, 24 INT

    Bernie Kosar: 54.4% comp., 2,952 yds. passing, 13 TD, 9 INT

    Terry Bradshaw: 46.1% comp., 2,894 yds. passing, 11 TD, 37 INT (4 Super Bowl wins, HOF)

    John Elway: 49% comp., 2,492 yds. passing, 11 TD, 20 INT (2 Super Bowl wins, HOF)

    Troy Aikman: 55.1% comp., 2,664 yds. passing, 12 TD, 25 INT (3 Super Bowl wins, HOF)

    Steve Young: 54.9% comp., 2,722 passing yds., 9 TD, 16 INT (1 Super Bowl win, HOF)

    Source: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/sports_blogs_local/Blog-Browns-should-keep-Colt-McCoy-as-their-starting-quarterback#ixzz1ibT7QOn2

    Colt's stats may be inflated due to the longer season, but the only stat above that it would really affect is the total yardage. The completion pct and TD/int ratio are both maintained. I really would rather us not draft a QB this year. If we build a better team around Colt, give him a third year, then see if he's for real or not, I don't see how it hurts us. We could always draft a QB the next year, it won't be RG3, but when did the Bengals pick up Dalton?

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @vaportrail said:

    Source: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/sports_blogs_local/Blog-Browns-should-keep-Colt-McCoy-as-their-starting-quarterback#ixzz1ibT7QOn2

    Colt's stats may be inflated due to the longer season, but the only stat above that it would really affect is the total yardage. The completion pct and TD/int ratio are both maintained. I really would rather us not draft a QB this year. If we build a better team around Colt, give him a third year, then see if he's for real or not, I don't see how it hurts us. We could always draft a QB the next year, it won't be RG3, but when did the Bengals pick up Dalton?

    GOOD POST VAPOR. Keep McCoy and get him some weapons, 2 WR's in the first round.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #3

    it hurts cause its another wasted year trying to jump start the pinto. someone needs to be brought in thru FA to challenge him. he never earned the spot to begin with, it was handed to him. lets not make the same mistake again.

  • H Hempman wrote on last edited by
    #4

    What a irrevelant post. I could care less what McCoy's "stats" after 16 games as mean nothing. It is all about where you skills and ability will leave in you in the future. He got exposed as having no pocket awareness, happy feet and lack of accuracy. He got himself tatoo'd by Harrison as a final lessen.

    Something that likely isn't going to change in the future to a point where you have a multiple super bowl winner. The guy is a game manager at best, which he wasn't good enough at last year. He and Wallace were the same guy, with some different strengths. Wallace sucks. What does that tell you about Colt?

    We could improve on offense and still be below average.

  • What a irrevelant post. I could care less what McCoy's "stats" after 16 games as mean nothing. It is all about where you skills and ability will leave in you in the future. He got exposed as having no pocket awareness, happy feet and lack of accuracy. He got himself tatoo'd by Harrison as a final lessen.

    Something that likely isn't going to change in the future to a point where you have a multiple super bowl winner. The guy is a game manager at best, which he wasn't good enough at last year. He and Wallace were the same guy, with some different strengths. Wallace sucks. What does that tell you about Colt?

    We could improve on offense and still be below average.

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @hempman said:

    What a irrevelant post. I could care less what McCoy's "stats" after 16 games as mean nothing. It is all about where you skills and ability will leave in you in the future. He got exposed as having no pocket awareness, happy feet and lack of accuracy. He got himself tatoo'd by Harrison as a final lessen.

    Something that likely isn't going to change in the future to a point where you have a multiple super bowl winner. The guy is a game manager at best, which he wasn't good enough at last year. He and Wallace were the same guy, with some different strengths. Wallace sucks. What does that tell you about Colt?

    We could improve on offense and still be below average.

    So what plan of action would you suggest?

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times on here. To me, it's worthless to compare stats to good QB's of the past to say "oh Colt is gonna be good". You have to base whether or not he's the browns QB based on what he's done on the field, period. Secondly, the NFL all those guys played in and the NFL is completely different, IMO almost two different offensive games. The dawn of "protecting the QB" has yielded an offensive, passing league. Just look at all the top teams in the NFL and there's a common denominator of that passing idea. So to me, the idea of McCoy as a QB for the future is simple: Has he shown he can be a 300 yard, 2-3 a game type QB? IMO, he just isn't at that level. It's a valid argument to say he hasn't had tools at all, but franchise QB's make the guys around them better. We've seen this consistently in the NFL.

    So what the bottom line here? I trust Holmgren's opinion on if he has an opportunity to succeed because frankly he knows more about a QB than I'll know in two lifetimes. But based on what I've seen, he just doesn't have it.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #7

    why not pull the same stats for a representative list of failed QB's? i think you might find the same correlation....

    its a bit skewed when you pull stats from all time greats and magically see something.

  • @hempman said:

    What a irrevelant post. I could care less what McCoy's "stats" after 16 games as mean nothing. It is all about where you skills and ability will leave in you in the future. He got exposed as having no pocket awareness, happy feet and lack of accuracy. He got himself tatoo'd by Harrison as a final lessen.

    Something that likely isn't going to change in the future to a point where you have a multiple super bowl winner. The guy is a game manager at best, which he wasn't good enough at last year. He and Wallace were the same guy, with some different strengths. Wallace sucks. What does that tell you about Colt?

    We could improve on offense and still be below average.

    So what plan of action would you suggest?

    H Hempman wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @vaportrail said:

    So what plan of action would you suggest?

    Draft some QB's, maybe 2 in this draft. Just get some fresh arms. Our QB roster was as thin as the WR roster and maybe thinner. Both need fattened up a bit more.

  • If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times on here. To me, it's worthless to compare stats to good QB's of the past to say "oh Colt is gonna be good". You have to base whether or not he's the browns QB based on what he's done on the field, period. Secondly, the NFL all those guys played in and the NFL is completely different, IMO almost two different offensive games. The dawn of "protecting the QB" has yielded an offensive, passing league. Just look at all the top teams in the NFL and there's a common denominator of that passing idea. So to me, the idea of McCoy as a QB for the future is simple: Has he shown he can be a 300 yard, 2-3 a game type QB? IMO, he just isn't at that level. It's a valid argument to say he hasn't had tools at all, but franchise QB's make the guys around them better. We've seen this consistently in the NFL.

    So what the bottom line here? I trust Holmgren's opinion on if he has an opportunity to succeed because frankly he knows more about a QB than I'll know in two lifetimes. But based on what I've seen, he just doesn't have it.

    B brownfish wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @jrb12711 said:

    If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times on here. To me, it's worthless to compare stats to good QB's of the past to say "oh Colt is gonna be good".

    Fair enough so I'll let you compare Colts stats last year with next year...steady improvement every year.

    2012

    games comp att % yds p/p TD LNG INT FUM RATE

    15 310 492 64.5 3,394 6.9 23 66 17 4 78.9

    2010

    8 135 222 60.8 1,576 7.10 6 47 9 1 74.5

    2011

    13 265 463 57.2 2,733 5.90 14 56 11 5 74.6

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    IMO colt will be the starter next year after winning the job in preseason against whom ever. If he ain't their guy after 2012 then the 2013 draft is where u snag your future. That's why i hope heckert trades down if claiborne isnt there and get the draft picks u need for 013 to sell out for say Barkley

  • B brownfish wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Barkley is not the guy...Bray is your guy it's BRAY next year or no super bowl in 2015. All eggs in the basket either 2013 or 2014...its as simple as shooting fish blind folded from the back of jet ski in a hurricane.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Honestly I like Bray Barkley and Murry, all 3 run pro systems.

  • @vaportrail said:

    So what plan of action would you suggest?

    Draft some QB's, maybe 2 in this draft. Just get some fresh arms. Our QB roster was as thin as the WR roster and maybe thinner. Both need fattened up a bit more.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @hempman said:

    Draft some QB's, maybe 2 in this draft. Just get some fresh arms. Our QB roster was as thin as the WR roster and maybe thinner. Both need fattened up a bit more.

    wow, it must be great to young, dumb and high. wait a minute...i am.

  • Honestly I like Bray Barkley and Murry, all 3 run pro systems.

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Honestly I like Bray Barkley and Murry, all 3 run pro systems.

    Running a pro system should have very little bearing on why you draft a QB. I think the only thing it may help with is the he will have less stuff to learn to become a starter say over someone who runs a spread. It doesn't mean a pro style offense QB is better QB than a spread offense QB.

  • Honestly I like Bray Barkley and Murry, all 3 run pro systems.

    D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Honestly I like Bray Barkley and Murry, all 3 run pro systems.

    I have to say Murray looked like a star in the SEC championship game against LSU's NFL caliber offense.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Zombo said:

    Those guys are all irrelevant. Different eras, imo.

    Compare to Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Roetlisberger ... the guys that win in this era.

    Zombo

    I believe I did that in the past month or two....and found that McCoy was comparable to them as well.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Zombo said:

    Those guys are all irrelevant. Different eras, imo.

    Compare to Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Roetlisberger ... the guys that win in this era.

    Zombo

    Or Zombo how about Cam Newton,Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford that might be a better scale

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Zombo said:

    Those guys are all irrelevant. Different eras, imo.

    Compare to Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Roetlisberger ... the guys that win in this era.

    Zombo

    I didn't make the list, and I'm too lazy to look up the data. But, when I think about those guys that you listed, I think about them coming into systems that were already in place instead of the shitshow that is the rest of the browns offense.

  • W WebsterSlaughter wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Tim couch had similar numbers through 15 games. How did that turn out?

    Tim Couch Stats

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #20

    imo, most telling stat 0-8 in starts against afc north teams.