The Final Proof Of Oline Value
-
It's late, maybe you're drunk or something? Besides...Thomas 1st round pick, Mack 1st round pick, Steinbach, early 2nd round pick. The Browns have high draft pick linemen. It hasn't done shit for them. And as much as I hate the Steelers, a healthy Pittsburgh team beats the hell out of the Broncos. Even with that fabulous offensive line they have there in Denver. And come back after this weekend and tell me if the team with the great line or great QB are continuing on in the playoffs. jparsh
*************************************************
LOL. No, I don't get drunk on root beer. @@ But guard dawg heard coyotes off in the distance, and woke me up barking like crazy, so I rebuilt the fire in
the fireplace, and got online. Of course the Browns have some high draft picks on their oline. The point is, offensive RIGHT GUARD and RIGHT TACKLE.
It doesn't work well with only one half of the oline working.
The point is, Tebow TEBOWed the DEFENSE of the squeelers, not the offense with injuries. The defense was fine, despite one safety not playing. The point is,
the Bronco's oline handled the squeeler defense, after getting themselves into the playoffs.... with a qb that most figure is NOT "elite" by any stretch.
Miss the point if you want to, but it's true. Even a TEBOW can play an excellent defense and win, with the oline established to do the job.
Or, do you think Tebow is Peyton?
What kind of rootbeer? I'll only drink Virgils, the best rootbeer you can buy.
I got your point, you equated a good oline with winning playoff games. I disagreed with you. A good oline is nice, no doubt but it's not the end all be all. And I also said that the Steelers would have won the game if not for some injuries. Would you have still listed off a group of high round offensive linemen if the Broncos lost but managed to put up 20 points? Everything comes down to winning and losing, so I doubt this would even be a thread if the Broncos lost the game 30-20.
We need playmakers, at the QB position and WR position. RB's are a dime a dozen, just plug in a solid guy and you'll be fine. We've already got a few good TE's. And our line started playing better at the end of the year. I suspect that a single change at RT should equal a pretty damn good line for the Browns.
jparsh said:
What kind of rootbeer? I'll only drink Virgils, the best rootbeer you can buy.
I got your point, you equated a good oline with winning playoff games. I disagreed with you. A good oline is nice, no doubt but it's not the end all be all. And I also said that the Steelers would have won the game if not for some injuries. Would you have still listed off a group of high round offensive linemen if the Broncos lost but managed to put up 20 points? Everything comes down to winning and losing, so I doubt this would even be a thread if the Broncos lost the game 30-20.
We need playmakers, at the QB position and WR position. RB's are a dime a dozen, just plug in a solid guy and you'll be fine. We've already got a few good TE's. And our line started playing better at the end of the year. I suspect that a single change at RT should equal a pretty damn good line for the Browns.
What I think is that for the Browns to win they need a good offensive line, and a good QB. Also good WRs and RBs. Also, they should have a good defensive line, linebackers, and defensive backs. And don't forget the kicker, punter, and kick returners.
But, more importantly than all that....they need a good coach. You think they can find one somewhere?
-
I'd pull the trigger on Kalil if he's there at 4. Bookend Tackles to seal the edge for McCoy to make plays(to give him a change to make plays) would do wonders for the kid. Even top QB's like Brady and Brees can get happy feet when the Oline crumbles in the face of a heavy rush. QB's make untimely decisions and force balls into coverages when they don't have enough time to go through their reads and progressions.
...put it this way, if you know that you have a juggernaut of a DE and a Linebacker coming from the right and you need 2 seconds for your WR to beat his man but you know that you're only afforded 1.5 seconds before you're sacked or maimed and your WR has questionable hands and your star RB is nursing a bottle of milk on the sidelines... OH! I know the answer put fresh meat in at QB and lets see what happens!!!
I think that is the definition of insanity right there, sooner or later even the blind man has to "see" that we need a FRANCHISE RT... don't hate the player, hate the game...
-
I'd pull the trigger on Kalil if he's there at 4. Bookend Tackles to seal the edge for McCoy to make plays(to give him a change to make plays) would do wonders for the kid. Even top QB's like Brady and Brees can get happy feet when the Oline crumbles in the face of a heavy rush. QB's make untimely decisions and force balls into coverages when they don't have enough time to go through their reads and progressions.
...put it this way, if you know that you have a juggernaut of a DE and a Linebacker coming from the right and you need 2 seconds for your WR to beat his man but you know that you're only afforded 1.5 seconds before you're sacked or maimed and your WR has questionable hands and your star RB is nursing a bottle of milk on the sidelines... OH! I know the answer put fresh meat in at QB and lets see what happens!!!
I think that is the definition of insanity right there, sooner or later even the blind man has to "see" that we need a FRANCHISE RT... don't hate the player, hate the game...
I'd pull the trigger on Kalil if he's there at 4. Bookend Tackles to seal the edge for McCoy to make plays(to give him a change to make plays) would do wonders for the kid. Even top QB's like Brady and Brees can get happy feet when the Oline crumbles in the face of a heavy rush. QB's make untimely decisions and force balls into coverages when they don't have enough time to go through their reads and progressions.
...put it this way, if you know that you have a juggernaut of a DE and a Linebacker coming from the right and you need 2 seconds for your WR to beat his man but you know that you're only afforded 1.5 seconds before you're sacked or maimed and your WR has questionable hands and your star RB is nursing a bottle of milk on the sidelines... OH! I know the answer put fresh meat in at QB and lets see what happens!!!
I think that is the definition of insanity right there, sooner or later even the blind man has to "see" that we need a FRANCHISE RT... don't hate the player, hate the game...
You don't draft a RT with the 4th pick. Kalil isn't looking to play RT, or get a RT's contract.
I agree we need a RT, but Andrew Datko in the second is more than suitable, and we don't "waste" the #4 pick.
-
I'd pull the trigger on Kalil if he's there at 4. Bookend Tackles to seal the edge for McCoy to make plays(to give him a change to make plays) would do wonders for the kid. Even top QB's like Brady and Brees can get happy feet when the Oline crumbles in the face of a heavy rush. QB's make untimely decisions and force balls into coverages when they don't have enough time to go through their reads and progressions.
...put it this way, if you know that you have a juggernaut of a DE and a Linebacker coming from the right and you need 2 seconds for your WR to beat his man but you know that you're only afforded 1.5 seconds before you're sacked or maimed and your WR has questionable hands and your star RB is nursing a bottle of milk on the sidelines... OH! I know the answer put fresh meat in at QB and lets see what happens!!!
I think that is the definition of insanity right there, sooner or later even the blind man has to "see" that we need a FRANCHISE RT... don't hate the player, hate the game...
You don't draft a RT with the 4th pick. Kalil isn't looking to play RT, or get a RT's contract.
I agree we need a RT, but Andrew Datko in the second is more than suitable, and we don't "waste" the #4 pick.
You don't draft a RT with the 4th pick. Kalil isn't looking to play RT, or get a RT's contract.
I agree we need a RT, but Andrew Datko in the second is more than suitable, and we don't "waste" the #4 pick.
Okay, okay... I get it, I'd HATE to HAVE to pick a LT to go to RT with the number 4 overall pick of the draft. It's just, if the guy is another Joe Thomas we're gonna need that talent when Eric retires... I'd hate to be left with just Joe Thomas and Alex Mack because then I feel like we're "wasting" Joe Thomas AND that pick we used on him. JT and Mack does not a line make. I know what your saying though I just cannot bear the thought of another season watching the Rightside get slaughtered game after game.
Here's an idea!!! Let's get a Lefthanded QB so we can move Joe Thomas to the Rightside and then we could at least complain about the horrid leftside for awhile, that would be refreshing!

Seriously though, if you think Donnie Darko can hold out on the Right side and be a stable stud for our Oline for the next 7 years I'm all for getting him and using that #4 pick on a playmaker, for sure!

-
I'd pull the trigger on Kalil if he's there at 4. Bookend Tackles to seal the edge for McCoy to make plays(to give him a change to make plays) would do wonders for the kid. Even top QB's like Brady and Brees can get happy feet when the Oline crumbles in the face of a heavy rush. QB's make untimely decisions and force balls into coverages when they don't have enough time to go through their reads and progressions.
...put it this way, if you know that you have a juggernaut of a DE and a Linebacker coming from the right and you need 2 seconds for your WR to beat his man but you know that you're only afforded 1.5 seconds before you're sacked or maimed and your WR has questionable hands and your star RB is nursing a bottle of milk on the sidelines... OH! I know the answer put fresh meat in at QB and lets see what happens!!!
I think that is the definition of insanity right there, sooner or later even the blind man has to "see" that we need a FRANCHISE RT... don't hate the player, hate the game...
You don't draft a RT with the 4th pick. Kalil isn't looking to play RT, or get a RT's contract.
I agree we need a RT, but Andrew Datko in the second is more than suitable, and we don't "waste" the #4 pick.
You don't draft a RT with the 4th pick. Kalil isn't looking to play RT, or get a RT's contract.
I agree we need a RT, but Andrew Datko in the second is more than suitable, and we don't "waste" the #4 pick.
Lookie here, we agree on something.
-
Actually the play calling by the Steelers DC was pathetic. Also, if BR was not injured they would have probably won the game. If Kyle Orton had played that game instead of TT the same O Line would not have guaranteed the Broncos a victory.
-
-
eh, forget the Oline... just get Trent Richardson and you could put "crash test dummies" on the right side and he'd still run wild!
-
jparsh said:
Did you watch the national championship game? Dude can't run worth a crap unless he has a hole the size of Ohio to run through.
Keep telling yourself that.
-
jparsh said:
Did you watch the national championship game? Dude can't run worth a crap unless he has a hole the size of Ohio to run through.
Keep telling yourself that.
-
jparsh said:
Did you watch the national championship game? Dude can't run worth a crap unless he has a hole the size of Ohio to run through.
Keep telling yourself that.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
The Steelers O line played just as good and produced just as many points in a regulation football game as did the Bronco's line.
The difference in ALL championship games as it was in this one.............. IS THE QUARTERBACK.
The oline had absolutely nothing to do with the winning play, AND most of TEBOW's BIG plays had nothing to do with the OL. He made most of his plays while being forced out of the pocket.
The final play he released the ball in less than 2.5 seconds. Even your homo ass could give him that much time.
QUICK RELEASE and ACCURATE PASSING COMBINED WITH WR SPEED. OL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
Skilled players won. End of discussion.
Would you honestly trade, even up, the Steelers "skill players" for those of the Broncos?
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
The Steelers O line played just as good and produced just as many points in a regulation football game as did the Bronco's line.
The difference in ALL championship games as it was in this one.............. IS THE QUARTERBACK.
The oline had absolutely nothing to do with the winning play, AND most of TEBOW's BIG plays had nothing to do with the OL. He made most of his plays while being forced out of the pocket.
The final play he released the ball in less than 2.5 seconds. Even your homo ass could give him that much time.
QUICK RELEASE and ACCURATE PASSING COMBINED WITH WR SPEED. OL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
Skilled players won. End of discussion.
The Stoolers had help. The lateral that was ruled an incomplete pass could have been a 14 point swing in the other direction.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
The Steelers O line played just as good and produced just as many points in a regulation football game as did the Bronco's line.
The difference in ALL championship games as it was in this one.............. IS THE QUARTERBACK.
The oline had absolutely nothing to do with the winning play, AND most of TEBOW's BIG plays had nothing to do with the OL. He made most of his plays while being forced out of the pocket.
The final play he released the ball in less than 2.5 seconds. Even your homo ass could give him that much time.
QUICK RELEASE and ACCURATE PASSING COMBINED WITH WR SPEED. OL HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
Skilled players won. End of discussion.
c'mon man....you know deep down in your heart that's not how they won.
they won because of the grace of GOD!!!
:lol: 
-
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
Big Ben for Tebow? Or you mean the WR of the Steelers for those of the Broncos
The whole package. Tebow/McGahee/Thomas etc. for BR/Mendenhall/Wallace/Brown etc.
Then you would see who had the better team. It would boil down to defense and OL.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login