Skip to content

Age

The Browns Board
78 49 2.9k
  • I don't want to start a "new thread" so here it is. Kind of funny. At least their not making fun of us

    http://staphmeal.com/2012/01/18/what-your-favorite-nfl-team-says-about-you-in-one-sentence/

  • I'm 22. I don't remember squat.

  • just turned fiddy in december. don't look a day over 70 but act like i'm 47 (ha! zombo!).

    didn't get into the browns until the late seventies. remember meeting dave logan at hopkins airport. he was on his way back to denver after the raiders beat the browns in the afc playoffs and i was on my way to boot camp. he gave me his autograph on a cocktail napkin at some seedy airport lounge.

    don't know what holds more true today: my love for the browns or seedy airport lounges.

  • just turned fiddy in december. don't look a day over 70 but act like i'm 47 (ha! zombo!).

    didn't get into the browns until the late seventies. remember meeting dave logan at hopkins airport. he was on his way back to denver after the raiders beat the browns in the afc playoffs and i was on my way to boot camp. he gave me his autograph on a cocktail napkin at some seedy airport lounge.

    don't know what holds more true today: my love for the browns or seedy airport lounges.

    @miktoxic said:

    don't know what holds more true today: my love for the browns or seedy airport lounges.

    Just like Larry Craig.

  • that wasn't nice.

    no, you're thinking of seedy bathrooms. and why would that be?

  • that wasn't nice.

    no, you're thinking of seedy bathrooms. and why would that be?

    @miktoxic said:

    that wasn't nice.

    no, you're thinking of seedy bathrooms. and why would that be?

    Ha Ha!

  • Not a big poster here but I am older then dirt at 56.

    Been a Browns fan since 1978... that year I lived in Old Brooklyn and bought a penny that was smashed into the shape of a Browns football with the words Kardiac Kids on it.

    I still carry it today on my key chain. Anyone Else get one of those cool pennys?

  • 40, been following the Browns since 1984 (family didn't watch football, so never really got involved in it until friends and school started talking), and never looked back. Kosar is one of my favorite players of all time.

  • 27 and feel like I'm 80. All I remember is heartbreak,and not just the Browns. Its seem's to run ramped in Cleveland, looking forward to dementia....can't wait

  • The Indians won the World Series a few months after I was born.

  • This thread was a great idea. It can get negative in this forum at times and its nice to see everyone relive their early memories and remember how they became fans. Lots of generations of fans in here. Although I'm not a big poster in here I'm proud to be a member, proud to be a browns fan, and enjoy chatting with you guys.

  • 30...Born and raised a Browns fan, why turn on them now. Left Cleveland and live in New Orleans now. Easy to switch to the Who Dat Nation, just doesn't feel right though

  • Well... I would have been 61 in Dec... except after I turned fifty, I started going backwards. I figure,

    that I'd rather be one year old, than 99, since I'd be just about as helpless maybe.

    So, I'm 39. And I really don't look it, even though I may have Kathy beat (I'm younger than Canton Mike, though! GGG)

    ...when people ask me my secret to youthful looks, I just tell them I'm chronically immature. @@

    Anyways, my first Browns memory, is seeing the Browns play the Steelers in an exhibition game, at the U. of Akron Rubber Bowl

    when I was a kid. Leory Kelly was always my bigtime favorite player back then, and I didn't have any use for Jimmy Brown as a

    person.

  • 84

    remember when we were good, eyes bad thats why I cant splel

  • Not a big poster here but I am older then dirt at 56.

    Been a Browns fan since 1978... that year I lived in Old Brooklyn and bought a penny that was smashed into the shape of a Browns football with the words Kardiac Kids on it.

    I still carry it today on my key chain. Anyone Else get one of those cool pennys?

    @jibz said:

    Not a big poster here but I am older then dirt at 56.

    Been a Browns fan since 1978... that year I lived in Old Brooklyn and bought a penny that was smashed into the shape of a Browns football with the words Kardiac Kids on it.

    I still carry it today on my key chain. Anyone Else get one of those cool pennys?

    You are not older than dirt. My mom who bless her heart is still with us and in relatively good health, can not only remember games Otto Graham played, but can recall the Indians winning a World series (1949), and the Japs bombing Pearl Harbor. My grandmother RIP told me about how terrible it was when the Titanic sank.

    I'm going to wax a little philosophical on you guys, about the funny perception we have about time. So to give you a baseline- yeah, I'm over 60 WAY older than dirt. One of my early childhood memories was sitting in the back seat of my dad's 1950 Ford, when news came over the radio that the last CIVIL WAR veteran had just died. Do you realize given the right time and place, there are people alive today that could honestly say they talked to a guy who talked to Abraham Lincoln? Given the right time and place, I could have talked to someone who fought in the Civil War?

  • 27 and feel like I'm 80. All I remember is heartbreak,and not just the Browns. Its seem's to run ramped in Cleveland, looking forward to dementia....can't wait

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    27 and feel like I'm 80. All I remember is heartbreak,and not just the Browns. Its seem's to run ramped in Cleveland, looking forward to dementia....can't wait

    You need to exercise more. shiite, if I could ever roll back the clock I'd stay that age forever.

    I'll give you a goal- climb this booger- you'll feel a lot younger. I did @ 28. 🙂

    Gannet Peak, Highpoint of Wyoming.

    gannett02.jpg

  • I don't post a great deal (as evidenced by my count) but I do read daily.

    47

  • @jibz said:

    Not a big poster here but I am older then dirt at 56.

    Been a Browns fan since 1978... that year I lived in Old Brooklyn and bought a penny that was smashed into the shape of a Browns football with the words Kardiac Kids on it.

    I still carry it today on my key chain. Anyone Else get one of those cool pennys?

    You are not older than dirt. My mom who bless her heart is still with us and in relatively good health, can not only remember games Otto Graham played, but can recall the Indians winning a World series (1949), and the Japs bombing Pearl Harbor. My grandmother RIP told me about how terrible it was when the Titanic sank.

    I'm going to wax a little philosophical on you guys, about the funny perception we have about time. So to give you a baseline- yeah, I'm over 60 WAY older than dirt. One of my early childhood memories was sitting in the back seat of my dad's 1950 Ford, when news came over the radio that the last CIVIL WAR veteran had just died. Do you realize given the right time and place, there are people alive today that could honestly say they talked to a guy who talked to Abraham Lincoln? Given the right time and place, I could have talked to someone who fought in the Civil War?

    @hoorta said:

    You are not older than dirt. My mom who bless her heart is still with us and in relatively good health, can not only remember games Otto Graham played, but can recall the Indians winning a World series (1949), and the Japs bombing Pearl Harbor. My grandmother RIP told me about how terrible it was when the Titanic sank.

    I'm going to wax a little philosophical on you guys, about the funny perception we have about time. So to give you a baseline- yeah, I'm over 60 WAY older than dirt. One of my early childhood memories was sitting in the back seat of my dad's 1950 Ford, when news came over the radio that the last CIVIL WAR veteran had just died. Do you realize given the right time and place, there are people alive today that could honestly say they talked to a guy who talked to Abraham Lincoln? Given the right time and place, I could have talked to someone who fought in the Civil War?

    Hell, the last WWI Veteran died about a year ago....and that war started 49 years after the Civil War ended.

    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-27/us/wwi.veteran.death_1_frank-buckles-susannah-buckles-flanagan-veterans?_s=PM:US

  • This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

  • 50