Skip to content

Age

The Browns Board
78 49 2.9k
  • The Indians won the World Series a few months after I was born.

  • This thread was a great idea. It can get negative in this forum at times and its nice to see everyone relive their early memories and remember how they became fans. Lots of generations of fans in here. Although I'm not a big poster in here I'm proud to be a member, proud to be a browns fan, and enjoy chatting with you guys.

  • 30...Born and raised a Browns fan, why turn on them now. Left Cleveland and live in New Orleans now. Easy to switch to the Who Dat Nation, just doesn't feel right though

  • Well... I would have been 61 in Dec... except after I turned fifty, I started going backwards. I figure,

    that I'd rather be one year old, than 99, since I'd be just about as helpless maybe.

    So, I'm 39. And I really don't look it, even though I may have Kathy beat (I'm younger than Canton Mike, though! GGG)

    ...when people ask me my secret to youthful looks, I just tell them I'm chronically immature. @@

    Anyways, my first Browns memory, is seeing the Browns play the Steelers in an exhibition game, at the U. of Akron Rubber Bowl

    when I was a kid. Leory Kelly was always my bigtime favorite player back then, and I didn't have any use for Jimmy Brown as a

    person.

  • 84

    remember when we were good, eyes bad thats why I cant splel

  • Not a big poster here but I am older then dirt at 56.

    Been a Browns fan since 1978... that year I lived in Old Brooklyn and bought a penny that was smashed into the shape of a Browns football with the words Kardiac Kids on it.

    I still carry it today on my key chain. Anyone Else get one of those cool pennys?

    @jibz said:

    Not a big poster here but I am older then dirt at 56.

    Been a Browns fan since 1978... that year I lived in Old Brooklyn and bought a penny that was smashed into the shape of a Browns football with the words Kardiac Kids on it.

    I still carry it today on my key chain. Anyone Else get one of those cool pennys?

    You are not older than dirt. My mom who bless her heart is still with us and in relatively good health, can not only remember games Otto Graham played, but can recall the Indians winning a World series (1949), and the Japs bombing Pearl Harbor. My grandmother RIP told me about how terrible it was when the Titanic sank.

    I'm going to wax a little philosophical on you guys, about the funny perception we have about time. So to give you a baseline- yeah, I'm over 60 WAY older than dirt. One of my early childhood memories was sitting in the back seat of my dad's 1950 Ford, when news came over the radio that the last CIVIL WAR veteran had just died. Do you realize given the right time and place, there are people alive today that could honestly say they talked to a guy who talked to Abraham Lincoln? Given the right time and place, I could have talked to someone who fought in the Civil War?

  • 27 and feel like I'm 80. All I remember is heartbreak,and not just the Browns. Its seem's to run ramped in Cleveland, looking forward to dementia....can't wait

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    27 and feel like I'm 80. All I remember is heartbreak,and not just the Browns. Its seem's to run ramped in Cleveland, looking forward to dementia....can't wait

    You need to exercise more. shiite, if I could ever roll back the clock I'd stay that age forever.

    I'll give you a goal- climb this booger- you'll feel a lot younger. I did @ 28. 🙂

    Gannet Peak, Highpoint of Wyoming.

    gannett02.jpg

  • I don't post a great deal (as evidenced by my count) but I do read daily.

    47

  • @jibz said:

    Not a big poster here but I am older then dirt at 56.

    Been a Browns fan since 1978... that year I lived in Old Brooklyn and bought a penny that was smashed into the shape of a Browns football with the words Kardiac Kids on it.

    I still carry it today on my key chain. Anyone Else get one of those cool pennys?

    You are not older than dirt. My mom who bless her heart is still with us and in relatively good health, can not only remember games Otto Graham played, but can recall the Indians winning a World series (1949), and the Japs bombing Pearl Harbor. My grandmother RIP told me about how terrible it was when the Titanic sank.

    I'm going to wax a little philosophical on you guys, about the funny perception we have about time. So to give you a baseline- yeah, I'm over 60 WAY older than dirt. One of my early childhood memories was sitting in the back seat of my dad's 1950 Ford, when news came over the radio that the last CIVIL WAR veteran had just died. Do you realize given the right time and place, there are people alive today that could honestly say they talked to a guy who talked to Abraham Lincoln? Given the right time and place, I could have talked to someone who fought in the Civil War?

    @hoorta said:

    You are not older than dirt. My mom who bless her heart is still with us and in relatively good health, can not only remember games Otto Graham played, but can recall the Indians winning a World series (1949), and the Japs bombing Pearl Harbor. My grandmother RIP told me about how terrible it was when the Titanic sank.

    I'm going to wax a little philosophical on you guys, about the funny perception we have about time. So to give you a baseline- yeah, I'm over 60 WAY older than dirt. One of my early childhood memories was sitting in the back seat of my dad's 1950 Ford, when news came over the radio that the last CIVIL WAR veteran had just died. Do you realize given the right time and place, there are people alive today that could honestly say they talked to a guy who talked to Abraham Lincoln? Given the right time and place, I could have talked to someone who fought in the Civil War?

    Hell, the last WWI Veteran died about a year ago....and that war started 49 years after the Civil War ended.

    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-02-27/us/wwi.veteran.death_1_frank-buckles-susannah-buckles-flanagan-veterans?_s=PM:US

  • This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

  • 50

  • This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    @mld-woody said:

    This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    Some might say that you have shamed the name Woody by electing to attend that school up north....as Woody called it. I mean, it does look like you did have other choices, fair to say?:

    List of the Top Good Mechanical Engineering Schools

    School Name Distinction Location

    University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Undergraduate externship program with 16 cooperating companies Urbana, IL

    University of Michigan - Ann Arbor New research complex broke ground in April 2011 Ann Arbor, MI

    Purdue University New LEED-certified wing being added to mechanical engineering building West Lafayette, IN

    University of California - Berkeley Offers a D.Eng to interested doctorate-seeking students Berkeley, CA

    Cornell University Features the Experiential Learning Laboratory Ithaca, NY

    Georgia Institute of Technology Offers the Frank K. Webb Program in Professional Communication Atlanta, GA

    Stanford University Highest-ranked mechanical engineering department in the U.S. with a part-time graduate curriculum option Stanford, CA

    Massachusetts Institute of Technology Offers several oceanographic and ocean-related degrees Cambridge, MA

    Princeton University Offers a program in laser technology Princeton, NJ

    California Institute of Technology Features the Jim Hall Design and Prototyping Lab Pasadena, CA

    Nevertheless. Good luck with school.

  • This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    @mld-woody said:

    This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    welcome!

    better get up to speed on Pro E and Solidworks if you plan on drafting. 😉

  • I've got one semester of Solidworks under my belt 🙂

  • I know this is a little bit weird but if you are a regular poster I would like you to comment and say how old you are. It helps me to know your age so I can understand your perspective, thought process, and history following the team. Thanks

    @dawginit said:

    I know this is a little bit weird but if you are a regular poster I would like you to comment and say how old you are. It helps me to know your age so I can understand your perspective, thought process, and history following the team. Thanks

    12 teen

  • I'm 24. I lived up in the Cleveland area when they came back into the league. I hated them at the time, due to them not being real great, but once I moved away from the area I came to the realization I actually missed watching them. Been a fan ever since.

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    27 and feel like I'm 80. All I remember is heartbreak,and not just the Browns. Its seem's to run ramped in Cleveland, looking forward to dementia....can't wait

    You need to exercise more. shiite, if I could ever roll back the clock I'd stay that age forever.

    I'll give you a goal- climb this booger- you'll feel a lot younger. I did @ 28. 🙂

    Gannet Peak, Highpoint of Wyoming.

    gannett02.jpg

    @hoorta said:

    You need to exercise more. shiite, if I could ever roll back the clock I'd stay that age forever.

    I'll give you a goal- climb this booger- you'll feel a lot younger. I did @ 28. 🙂

    Gannet Peak, Highpoint of Wyoming.

    gannett02.jpg

    Haha It's not from lack of exercise, I run everyday. But that mountain looks like it would be a blast to snowboard down, thats the only way I go up that thing 😛

    Cleveland has left me with many emotional scars, If we don't start winning bye time I'm your age I'm gonna be a very bitter old man. Nobody wants another Ghoolie or R4E on the board so we better get this thing turned around.

  • meh...ok.

    32, born and raised in clarion county PA, an hour north of pittsburgh. my folks were farmers and not really interested in sports, so my uncle (lives in findlay) took me under his wing and made me a browns fan...sometime around 6 years old. my memories of early browns football are insignificant though, since living in stool country much of my life dictates who i watch on sundays.

    i actually enjoy being behind enemy lines....people around here generally dont talk football with me cause i end up knowing more about their team than they do.

  • Well... I would have been 61 in Dec... except after I turned fifty, I started going backwards. I figure,

    that I'd rather be one year old, than 99, since I'd be just about as helpless maybe.

    So, I'm 39. And I really don't look it, even though I may have Kathy beat (I'm younger than Canton Mike, though! GGG)

    ...when people ask me my secret to youthful looks, I just tell them I'm chronically immature. @@

    Anyways, my first Browns memory, is seeing the Browns play the Steelers in an exhibition game, at the U. of Akron Rubber Bowl

    when I was a kid. Leory Kelly was always my bigtime favorite player back then, and I didn't have any use for Jimmy Brown as a

    person.

    @calfoxwc said:

    even though I may have Kathy beat ...

    Uh. Nope. But you are a gentleman for suggesting that you might.

  • 51

    First diagnosed with symptoms in the early 60s

    First full blown outbreak...1967...playoff loss to the Cowboys...like 47-14

    Been running full bore into that brick wall ever since...one of these days that damn thing is gonna fall 😎