Skip to content

Age

The Browns Board
78 49 2.9k
  • 50

  • This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    @mld-woody said:

    This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    Some might say that you have shamed the name Woody by electing to attend that school up north....as Woody called it. I mean, it does look like you did have other choices, fair to say?:

    List of the Top Good Mechanical Engineering Schools

    School Name Distinction Location

    University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Undergraduate externship program with 16 cooperating companies Urbana, IL

    University of Michigan - Ann Arbor New research complex broke ground in April 2011 Ann Arbor, MI

    Purdue University New LEED-certified wing being added to mechanical engineering building West Lafayette, IN

    University of California - Berkeley Offers a D.Eng to interested doctorate-seeking students Berkeley, CA

    Cornell University Features the Experiential Learning Laboratory Ithaca, NY

    Georgia Institute of Technology Offers the Frank K. Webb Program in Professional Communication Atlanta, GA

    Stanford University Highest-ranked mechanical engineering department in the U.S. with a part-time graduate curriculum option Stanford, CA

    Massachusetts Institute of Technology Offers several oceanographic and ocean-related degrees Cambridge, MA

    Princeton University Offers a program in laser technology Princeton, NJ

    California Institute of Technology Features the Jim Hall Design and Prototyping Lab Pasadena, CA

    Nevertheless. Good luck with school.

  • This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    @mld-woody said:

    This is my first post on this board but I hope to be around more.

    I'm 19 and from Strongsville, OH. I've been a Browns fan my whole life, so I've never really seen anything that great.

    I'm also an avid Wolverines fan and am currently an undergrad at the University of Michigan studying Mechanical Engineering.

    I'll try to bring a youthful, not as soul crushingly bitter point of view.

    welcome!

    better get up to speed on Pro E and Solidworks if you plan on drafting. 😉

  • I've got one semester of Solidworks under my belt 🙂

  • I know this is a little bit weird but if you are a regular poster I would like you to comment and say how old you are. It helps me to know your age so I can understand your perspective, thought process, and history following the team. Thanks

    @dawginit said:

    I know this is a little bit weird but if you are a regular poster I would like you to comment and say how old you are. It helps me to know your age so I can understand your perspective, thought process, and history following the team. Thanks

    12 teen

  • I'm 24. I lived up in the Cleveland area when they came back into the league. I hated them at the time, due to them not being real great, but once I moved away from the area I came to the realization I actually missed watching them. Been a fan ever since.

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    27 and feel like I'm 80. All I remember is heartbreak,and not just the Browns. Its seem's to run ramped in Cleveland, looking forward to dementia....can't wait

    You need to exercise more. shiite, if I could ever roll back the clock I'd stay that age forever.

    I'll give you a goal- climb this booger- you'll feel a lot younger. I did @ 28. 🙂

    Gannet Peak, Highpoint of Wyoming.

    gannett02.jpg

    @hoorta said:

    You need to exercise more. shiite, if I could ever roll back the clock I'd stay that age forever.

    I'll give you a goal- climb this booger- you'll feel a lot younger. I did @ 28. 🙂

    Gannet Peak, Highpoint of Wyoming.

    gannett02.jpg

    Haha It's not from lack of exercise, I run everyday. But that mountain looks like it would be a blast to snowboard down, thats the only way I go up that thing 😛

    Cleveland has left me with many emotional scars, If we don't start winning bye time I'm your age I'm gonna be a very bitter old man. Nobody wants another Ghoolie or R4E on the board so we better get this thing turned around.

  • meh...ok.

    32, born and raised in clarion county PA, an hour north of pittsburgh. my folks were farmers and not really interested in sports, so my uncle (lives in findlay) took me under his wing and made me a browns fan...sometime around 6 years old. my memories of early browns football are insignificant though, since living in stool country much of my life dictates who i watch on sundays.

    i actually enjoy being behind enemy lines....people around here generally dont talk football with me cause i end up knowing more about their team than they do.

  • Well... I would have been 61 in Dec... except after I turned fifty, I started going backwards. I figure,

    that I'd rather be one year old, than 99, since I'd be just about as helpless maybe.

    So, I'm 39. And I really don't look it, even though I may have Kathy beat (I'm younger than Canton Mike, though! GGG)

    ...when people ask me my secret to youthful looks, I just tell them I'm chronically immature. @@

    Anyways, my first Browns memory, is seeing the Browns play the Steelers in an exhibition game, at the U. of Akron Rubber Bowl

    when I was a kid. Leory Kelly was always my bigtime favorite player back then, and I didn't have any use for Jimmy Brown as a

    person.

    @calfoxwc said:

    even though I may have Kathy beat ...

    Uh. Nope. But you are a gentleman for suggesting that you might.

  • 51

    First diagnosed with symptoms in the early 60s

    First full blown outbreak...1967...playoff loss to the Cowboys...like 47-14

    Been running full bore into that brick wall ever since...one of these days that damn thing is gonna fall 😎

  • Long time board member. Only post on a rare occasion. Read the board regularly.

    I was in grade school when the Browns won their last championship so I guess I am

    in Hoorta and Kathy's bracket.

  • Some might say that you have shamed the name Woody by electing to attend that school up north....as Woody called it. I mean, it does look like you did have other choices, fair to say?:

    List of the Top Good Mechanical Engineering Schools

    School Name Distinction Location

    University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Undergraduate externship program with 16 cooperating companies Urbana, IL

    University of Michigan - Ann Arbor New research complex broke ground in April 2011 Ann Arbor, MI

    Purdue University New LEED-certified wing being added to mechanical engineering building West Lafayette, IN

    University of California - Berkeley Offers a D.Eng to interested doctorate-seeking students Berkeley, CA

    Cornell University Features the Experiential Learning Laboratory Ithaca, NY

    Georgia Institute of Technology Offers the Frank K. Webb Program in Professional Communication Atlanta, GA

    Stanford University Highest-ranked mechanical engineering department in the U.S. with a part-time graduate curriculum option Stanford, CA

    Massachusetts Institute of Technology Offers several oceanographic and ocean-related degrees Cambridge, MA

    Princeton University Offers a program in laser technology Princeton, NJ

    California Institute of Technology Features the Jim Hall Design and Prototyping Lab Pasadena, CA

    Nevertheless. Good luck with school.

    That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

    This nickname didn't come from Woody, but I guess I should be MLD Bo haha

  • 49 and a browns fan from birth..

    Browns 4ever!

  • Some might say that you have shamed the name Woody by electing to attend that school up north....as Woody called it. I mean, it does look like you did have other choices, fair to say?:

    List of the Top Good Mechanical Engineering Schools

    School Name Distinction Location

    University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Undergraduate externship program with 16 cooperating companies Urbana, IL

    University of Michigan - Ann Arbor New research complex broke ground in April 2011 Ann Arbor, MI

    Purdue University New LEED-certified wing being added to mechanical engineering building West Lafayette, IN

    University of California - Berkeley Offers a D.Eng to interested doctorate-seeking students Berkeley, CA

    Cornell University Features the Experiential Learning Laboratory Ithaca, NY

    Georgia Institute of Technology Offers the Frank K. Webb Program in Professional Communication Atlanta, GA

    Stanford University Highest-ranked mechanical engineering department in the U.S. with a part-time graduate curriculum option Stanford, CA

    Massachusetts Institute of Technology Offers several oceanographic and ocean-related degrees Cambridge, MA

    Princeton University Offers a program in laser technology Princeton, NJ

    California Institute of Technology Features the Jim Hall Design and Prototyping Lab Pasadena, CA

    Nevertheless. Good luck with school.

    That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

    This nickname didn't come from Woody, but I guess I should be MLD Bo haha

    @mld-woody said:

    That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

    This nickname didn't come from Woody, but I guess I should be MLD Bo haha

    What dumbass, couldn't get into MIT? 🙂 Should have gone to Purdue or Georgia Tech instead. Michigan may have some nice academic programs, but those ratings are meaningless.

  • Georgia is too far away.... I like my family.

    I shouldn't say I doubt I could get into MIT, I KNOW I can' get into MIT haha. The pressure there would be unbelievable too

  • Some might say that you have shamed the name Woody by electing to attend that school up north....as Woody called it. I mean, it does look like you did have other choices, fair to say?:

    List of the Top Good Mechanical Engineering Schools

    School Name Distinction Location

    University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Undergraduate externship program with 16 cooperating companies Urbana, IL

    University of Michigan - Ann Arbor New research complex broke ground in April 2011 Ann Arbor, MI

    Purdue University New LEED-certified wing being added to mechanical engineering building West Lafayette, IN

    University of California - Berkeley Offers a D.Eng to interested doctorate-seeking students Berkeley, CA

    Cornell University Features the Experiential Learning Laboratory Ithaca, NY

    Georgia Institute of Technology Offers the Frank K. Webb Program in Professional Communication Atlanta, GA

    Stanford University Highest-ranked mechanical engineering department in the U.S. with a part-time graduate curriculum option Stanford, CA

    Massachusetts Institute of Technology Offers several oceanographic and ocean-related degrees Cambridge, MA

    Princeton University Offers a program in laser technology Princeton, NJ

    California Institute of Technology Features the Jim Hall Design and Prototyping Lab Pasadena, CA

    Nevertheless. Good luck with school.

    That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

    This nickname didn't come from Woody, but I guess I should be MLD Bo haha

    @mld-woody said:

    That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

    This nickname didn't come from Woody, but I guess I should be MLD Bo haha

    The only things that were ever any good about Michigan came from Ohio.....like Bo. (Barberton)

    Or Heisman winners Desmond Howard (Cleveland) and Woodson (Fremont)

    You can add your name to the list if you like.

  • @mld-woody said:

    That is quite the list. I doubt I could get into Cal Tech or MIT. Didn't apply to Stanford, Cal, Georgia Tech, etc. Pick Michigan over Purdue and Illinois (and OSU and Cincy).

    This nickname didn't come from Woody, but I guess I should be MLD Bo haha

    What dumbass, couldn't get into MIT? 🙂 Should have gone to Purdue or Georgia Tech instead. Michigan may have some nice academic programs, but those ratings are meaningless.

    @hoorta said:

    What dumbass, couldn't get into MIT? 🙂 Should have gone to Purdue or Georgia Tech instead. Michigan may have some nice academic programs, but those ratings are meaningless.

    As a person who has one kid in college and another about to go in, I wouldn't go so far to say that they are meaningless.

    Perhaps TOO Much emphasis is put on them.....like blaming or crediting a QB for everything that happens to a team....but like the QB deal, there is SOMEthing to be said about the ratings.

  • Georgia is too far away.... I like my family.

    I shouldn't say I doubt I could get into MIT, I KNOW I can' get into MIT haha. The pressure there would be unbelievable too

    @mld-woody said:

    Georgia is too far away.... I like my family.

    I shouldn't say I doubt I could get into MIT, I KNOW I can' get into MIT haha. The pressure there would be unbelievable too

    Well, I will only say that appears that you made a good choice from an academic point of view....if not from a sports point of view. I wouldn't put myself down either if I were you.

    Even though Hoorta says those rankings mean nothing....the fact is they DO mean something when it comes to being selected to a grad school....or to an employer.

    Do you think that my law degree from Akron U. would have gotten me as far as if I had one from Harvard? I can guarandamntee you that it didn't.

    Your Top Ten Undergraduate Engineering schools (those that provide a doctorate) per US News and World Report are:

    1. MIT

    2. Stanford

    3. Cal-Berkely

    4. Cal Tech

    5. Georgia Tech

    6. Michigan and Illinois tied.

    8. Carnegie-Mellon

    9. Cornell and Purdue tied.

    Of schools that don't offer a doctorate you have:

    1. Harvey Mudd

    2. Rose-Hulman IT

    3. US Military Academy (Army)

    4. Cooper Union

    5. Cal Poly Tech SLO

    5. US Naval Academy (Navy)

    5. US Air Force Academy

    8. Franklin Olin

    9. Bucknell

    10. Villanova

    Like I said, sounds like you are doing OK kid. Now get back to studying.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Georgia is too far away.... I like my family.

    I shouldn't say I doubt I could get into MIT, I KNOW I can' get into MIT haha. The pressure there would be unbelievable too

    Well, I will only say that appears that you made a good choice from an academic point of view....if not from a sports point of view. I wouldn't put myself down either if I were you.

    Even though Hoorta says those rankings mean nothing....the fact is they DO mean something when it comes to being selected to a grad school....or to an employer.

    Do you think that my law degree from Akron U. would have gotten me as far as if I had one from Harvard? I can guarandamntee you that it didn't.

    Your Top Ten Undergraduate Engineering schools (those that provide a doctorate) per US News and World Report are:

    1. MIT

    2. Stanford

    3. Cal-Berkely

    4. Cal Tech

    5. Georgia Tech

    6. Michigan and Illinois tied.

    8. Carnegie-Mellon

    9. Cornell and Purdue tied.

    Of schools that don't offer a doctorate you have:

    1. Harvey Mudd

    2. Rose-Hulman IT

    3. US Military Academy (Army)

    4. Cooper Union

    5. Cal Poly Tech SLO

    5. US Naval Academy (Navy)

    5. US Air Force Academy

    8. Franklin Olin

    9. Bucknell

    10. Villanova

    Like I said, sounds like you are doing OK kid. Now get back to studying.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I will only say that appears that you made a good choice from an academic point of view....if not from a sports point of view. I wouldn't put myself down either if I were you.

    Even though Hoorta says those rankings mean nothing....the fact is they DO mean something when it comes to being selected to a grad school....or to an employer.

    Do you think that my law degree from Akron U. would have gotten me as far as if I had one from Harvard? I can guarandamntee you that it didn't.

    Your Top Ten Undergraduate Engineering schools (those that provide a doctorate) per US News and World Report are:

    1. MIT

    2. Stanford

    3. Cal-Berkely

    4. Cal Tech

    5. Georgia Tech

    6. Michigan and Illinois tied.

    8. Carnegie-Mellon

    9. Cornell and Purdue tied.

    Of schools that don't offer a doctorate you have:

    1. Harvey Mudd

    2. Rose-Hulman IT

    3. US Military Academy (Army)

    4. Cooper Union

    5. Cal Poly Tech SLO

    5. US Naval Academy (Navy)

    5. US Air Force Academy

    8. Franklin Olin

    9. Bucknell

    10. Villanova

    Like I said, sounds like you are doing OK kid. Now get back to studying.

    There is definitely something to be said for name-recognition and networking opportunities!

  • Like I said, sounds like you are doing OK kid. Now get back to studying.

    Thank you.

    and its cool, I didn't bring myself down. I've been a Michigan fan most of my life. In your eyes I've was already down