Combine Risers/fallers
-
wow, don't you think you're going a little overboard with this shit?
why don't you predict who will win the third race at belmont and take the $2 your mom gave you to buy a philly blunt and plunk it down on 'your prediction'.
-
wow, don't you think you're going a little overboard with this shit?
why don't you predict who will win the third race at belmont and take the $2 your mom gave you to buy a philly blunt and plunk it down on 'your prediction'.
wow, don't you think you're going a little overboard with this shit?
why don't you predict who will win the third race at belmont and take the $2 your mom gave you to buy a philly blunt and plunk it down on 'your prediction'.
I'm sorry I'm just trying to get some new stuff to talk about on the board. How is it over board? I just said the players I think are overrated or underrated IMO.
-
-
wow, don't you think you're going a little overboard with this shit?
why don't you predict who will win the third race at belmont and take the $2 your mom gave you to buy a philly blunt and plunk it down on 'your prediction'.
I'm sorry I'm just trying to get some new stuff to talk about on the board. How is it over board? I just said the players I think are overrated or underrated IMO.
I'm sorry I'm just trying to get some new stuff to talk about on the board. How is it over board? I just said the players I think are overrated or underrated IMO.
Then why didn't you state it that way? Base it on your observations from the season....don't try to tie it to their performance in an event that hasn't even taken place yet.
And, FYI, more NFL scouts base their assessment of players far, far more on what they did in games than they do by what they did at the combine.
-
wow, don't you think you're going a little overboard with this shit?
why don't you predict who will win the third race at belmont and take the $2 your mom gave you to buy a philly blunt and plunk it down on 'your prediction'.
I'm sorry I'm just trying to get some new stuff to talk about on the board. How is it over board? I just said the players I think are overrated or underrated IMO.
I'm sorry I'm just trying to get some new stuff to talk about on the board. How is it over board? I just said the players I think are overrated or underrated IMO.
i hear ya. this is the toughest 2 months of the year for diehard football fans. in another week and a half we'll be down to hockey and bball. neither are my fave. guess i'll look to the buckeyes to fill that sports gap.
hoping heckert pulls off another gem of a draft. til then we'll all be here talking draft smack.
-
I think I'll post here and hope my post isn't deleted....
RGIII's stock will probably rise when people realize how athletic he really is.
-
This is what I think. Players at need positions to watch for.
Risers-
Receiver- Alshon Jeffery, Rueben Randle, Tommy Streeter
Runningback- Lamar Miller, LaMichael James, Bernard Pierce
Tackle- Mike Adams, Nate Potter
DBs- Jayron Hosley, Markelle Martin, Mark Barron
LBs- Zach Brown, Sean Spence, Bobby Wagner
DE- Vinny Curry, Nick Perry
Fallers-
Receiver- Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Mohamed Sanu
Runningback- Trent Richardson, Chris Polk, David Wilson
Tackle- Jonathon Martin
DBs- Chase Minniefield, Dre Kirkpatrick
LBs- Luke Keuchly, Vontaze Burfict
DE- Quinton Coples, Melvin Ingram
What are your thoughts?
How can you say anyone is a riser or a faller at the combine when that event won't even be held for about another month.
Perhaps a report of "Risers and fallers" from the Senior Bowl practices would be more accurate. I know that NW20 has been doing updates from there, but I think he needs to be more succinct with those...like what you have done above.
How can you say anyone is a riser or a faller at the combine when that event won't even be held for about another month.
Perhaps a report of "Risers and fallers" from the Senior Bowl practices would be more accurate. I know that NW20 has been doing updates from there, but I think he needs to be more succinct with those...like what you have done above.
Sorry Gip ive been busy ill break down some of the info on the Senior Bowl..
Russell Wilson QB Wisconson checked in at one 5'10 and is considered maybe having to play the Doug Flutie card due to his size..Has been throwing the ball with more zip the Moore
[b]Kellen Moore QB Boise St[/b] was also only about 6'0 and has been said dosent have above average arm strength..
There hasnt been to many highlights for the QBs through the pratices...
Doug Martin RB Boise St has been very good he is only believed to be 5'7 but he suppossedly has great lower body strength and has been a beast in pratice, catching the ball,blocking Etc..
Chris Rainey RB/WR Florida has also been having a great week with his receveing ability as well as his running, he hasnt been stopped coming outta the backfeild as a reciever..
Mike Adams RT Ohio ST. has had his up and Downs aganst Vinny Curry, He seems to be inconsitesnt but he is a big body and alot of people like his size alot..
Micheal Brewster C Ohio St has been having a tough outing agasnt Mike Martin from Michigan and they have already gotten scrappy, Mike Martin is impressing with his consitent effort day in and day out..
Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska has had a pretty bad week and some people are thinking he may have to move to FS in the NFL, he seems to have tight hips and not a knack for knowing where the ball is,he has been beaten more than often by a few recievers (McNutt being one)
Janoris Jenkings CB Northern Alabama has had a great outing displaying great Cover skills where some people may have thought he may have regressed playing for Northern Alabama last year he seems to have gotten better, he has displayed the best cover skills of any Corner in the Senior Bowl..Almost guarntees him a 1st round grade
Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina has been virtually unstoppable during the Senior bowl and has gone up agasnt some of the best in Cordy Glenn and others he only checked in at 6'0 which has alot of team concerns but he is displaying the best first step out of any of the rushers..
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina has been hit or miss with his performaces he seems to look the part of a big DE and has some really good showcasing at times, but then the next day he looks as though he takes plays off and dosent appear interstred..
Cam Johnson DE Virgina has been having a great week and could be a potential top 2nd round pick with everything he has been showing, he has a great array of pass rushing moves and has been getting to the QB often..
Thats just a few things off the top of my head ill update more later on, There are alot of Scouts who feel the Senior Bowl is more important than the Combine due to the competiton and the actual pads/ 7 on 7s etc..
Also note Zach Brown OLB North Carolina has been very impressive with his speed as well as his strength he appears to have great burst and closing speed as well as the ability to cover the TE or RB...
-
I'm sorry I'm just trying to get some new stuff to talk about on the board. How is it over board? I just said the players I think are overrated or underrated IMO.
Then why didn't you state it that way? Base it on your observations from the season....don't try to tie it to their performance in an event that hasn't even taken place yet.
And, FYI, more NFL scouts base their assessment of players far, far more on what they did in games than they do by what they did at the combine.
Then why didn't you state it that way? Base it on your observations from the season....don't try to tie it to their performance in an event that hasn't even taken place yet.
And, FYI, more NFL scouts base their assessment of players far, far more on what they did in games than they do by what they did at the combine.
Exactly. You said it your self that it's about what happens in games. I'm basing these predictions off of what I see from watching them play and how they are viewed once scouts get a really good, upclose look at them at the combine.
-
Has anyone watched Bernard Pierce play? I really like this guy. I don't know what it is but he looks very similar in running style to Walter Peyton. Don't get me wrong on this, by no means am I saying I think he is as good or will ever be as good as Walter Peyton, but I see similarities in the way he runs.
-
NW220: When you reference these players I suggest you put their position on front of their names. Some of us don't actually know all of them or what position they play.
Obviously Browns fans are going to tune into players at positions of need. If someone is a LT or C we know the Browns may have no real interest. But if they are a RT or RG or DE or whatever they need, we are more likely to pay attention to the evaluation of players at those positions.
-
Has anyone watched Bernard Pierce play? I really like this guy. I don't know what it is but he looks very similar in running style to Walter Peyton. Don't get me wrong on this, by no means am I saying I think he is as good or will ever be as good as Walter Peyton, but I see similarities in the way he runs.
Has anyone watched Bernard Pierce play? I really like this guy. I don't know what it is but he looks very similar in running style to Walter Peyton. Don't get me wrong on this, by no means am I saying I think he is as good or will ever be as good as Walter Peyton, but I see similarities in the way he runs.
Ya I mentioned him in a thread a couple months ago. I think he has potential. He has great vision and good cut back moves, but he isn't that fast. I don't think we would go after him though because he didn't have too many balls thrown his way in college. The Browns will be looking for a RB that excels at catching the ball out of the backfield.
-
Then why didn't you state it that way? Base it on your observations from the season....don't try to tie it to their performance in an event that hasn't even taken place yet.
And, FYI, more NFL scouts base their assessment of players far, far more on what they did in games than they do by what they did at the combine.
Exactly. You said it your self that it's about what happens in games. I'm basing these predictions off of what I see from watching them play and how they are viewed once scouts get a really good, upclose look at them at the combine.
Exactly. You said it your self that it's about what happens in games. I'm basing these predictions off of what I see from watching them play and how they are viewed once scouts get a really good, upclose look at them at the combine.
Well, again, you are sounding like the combine already occurred. Maybe its a semantics thing. Maybe you should desist in referring to the combine at all. The combine is only one event in the evaluation process. This Senior Bowl is a big event. School day workouts are big events. e.g. a lot of players from Ohio Schools will participate in the OSU workout day, even if they didn't attend OSU.
-
NW220: When you reference these players I suggest you put their position on front of their names. Some of us don't actually know all of them or what position they play.
Obviously Browns fans are going to tune into players at positions of need. If someone is a LT or C we know the Browns may have no real interest. But if they are a RT or RG or DE or whatever they need, we are more likely to pay attention to the evaluation of players at those positions.
NW220: When you reference these players I suggest you put their position on front of their names. Some of us don't actually know all of them or what position they play.
Obviously Browns fans are going to tune into players at positions of need. If someone is a LT or C we know the Browns may have no real interest. But if they are a RT or RG or DE or whatever they need, we are more likely to pay attention to the evaluation of players at those positions.
There you go Gip i updated it for you
-
I believe the Browns will be looking to update their *speed* at most positions they draft this year.
Regardless of rb, de, lb, wr, db..
The Browns need to be a faster team. Like, a rb, wr that can take off and make Troy Polleatspoopoo cry because
he can't even keep up with the guy.
After reading a great article about the TE's that the playoff teams have thrown to with great production...
a TE this year who goes to the combine and shows great hands and Vernon Davis speed, will be a big riser.
I don't know if any of them will, from what I've seen....
-
I like Doug Martin better than LeMichael
-
Agreed he isnt injury prone, and his frame looks like he could take hits at the next level...
Ya he's also projected to run around a 4.55-4.6. If we are trying to add speed then that is a terrible pick. Chris Rainy RB/WR/PR from Florida catches the ball great out of the backfield and runs near a 4.35.
-
Agreed he isnt injury prone, and his frame looks like he could take hits at the next level...
Ya he's also projected to run around a 4.55-4.6. If we are trying to add speed then that is a terrible pick. Chris Rainy RB/WR/PR from Florida catches the ball great out of the backfield and runs near a 4.35.
Ya he's also projected to run around a 4.55-4.6. If we are trying to add speed then that is a terrible pick. Chris Rainy RB/WR/PR from Florida catches the ball great out of the backfield and runs near a 4.35.
You hit it right on the head the two backs i think Cleveland should targert most are Martin and Rainey, if Martin is gone in the third round id take a flyer on Rainey later on in the draft...
-
Really, Dawginit? I think not. Martin runs a 4.48 or faster, and he will be a second round pick. And if he isn't? I bet the
Browns would dearly love for him to be there in the third round. I want him with the Browns.
Note:
**************************************
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70789&draftyear=2012&genpos=SS
Doug Martin, DS #5 RB, Boise State
Name: Doug Martin
College: Boise State Number: 22
Height: 5-09 Weight: 219
Position: RB Pos2: SS/ATH
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2012
40 Time: 4.48 40 Low: 4.38 40 High: 4.58
Projected Round: 2-3 Stock:
Rated number 5 out of 178 RB's 69 / 2749 TOTAL
Draft Scout Snapshot: 2010: Started each of the Broncos’ 13 games…named first-team All-Western Athletic Conference with 201 carries for 1,260 yards (6.26 per)…scored 12 touchdowns on the ground…also caught 28 passes for 338 yards and two touchdowns. 2009: Moved to the defensive side of the ball during spring drills after playing running back the past two seasons….Primarily played special teams and defense in the first three games, recording seven tackles and forcing one fumble…Moved back to running back following an injury to DJ Harper…Scored the winning touchdown of the 2010 Fiesta Bowl …Finished the season with the most rushing touchdowns of any Bronco (15)…Rushed for 765 yards on 129 carries…Also caught 8 passes for 68 yards…Finished the season with 16 tackles…Won the Denny Erickson (Valor) Award as voted on by the coaches. 2008: Played in 11 games … Slowed by pulled hamstring at start of his freshman season … Played primarily on special teams … Won "Hammer" award at end of season for most physical special teams play … Carried ball 24 times for 107 yards and caught two passes for 53 yards … Averaged 4.5 yards per rush … Returned 10 kicks for 223 yards … Made 11 tackles on special teams. 2007: Redshirted … Named Offensive Scout Player of the Year.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login