Half Time Show.
-
Zombo said:
LOL. Loverboy. Are they really in the Canadian Hall? Is there really a Candian Hall?
Zombo
Yes, and Yes.
-
So i said earlier that I found out Madonna went to Michigan and is a fan
you know who else is?
Kate Upton

So i said earlier that I found out Madonna went to Michigan and is a fan
you know who else is?
Kate Upton

I know she is from Michigan, but I didn't know she went to Michigan, though I think it must have just been a short time because i don't think she ever graduated.
-
She didn't go there, she's just a fan.
Miss America 2010 went here though

-
She didn't go there, she's just a fan.
Miss America 2010 went here though

Well hell, I probably have as much or more connection to the U of M as she does then. Hell, I sit right here in the town that produced some of the greatest assets in the history of Michigan football.
-
She didn't go there, she's just a fan.
Miss America 2010 went here though

So? If you want to talk football, the reason for Michigan's recent decline into the dumpster was Tressell kept all the Ohio kids in Ohio.
Really not kidding. Michigan wouldn't do squat if they didn't raid Ohio. Michigan= 15 kids from Ohio, Ohio State 2 kids from Michigan. I rest my case. Get ready to be Meyerized, Big Boo-hoo.
-
You keep mentioning coldplay. Coldplay is not in green days league.
Yes. Coldplay is more well known and probably with bigger hits.
Give a little thanks to Gwyneth.
Yes. Coldplay is more well known and probably with bigger hits.
Give a little thanks to Gwyneth.
There's no way on gods green earth the above statement is true lol.......coldplay wishes they could be greenday
-
She didn't go there, she's just a fan.
Miss America 2010 went here though

So? If you want to talk football, the reason for Michigan's recent decline into the dumpster was Tressell kept all the Ohio kids in Ohio.
Really not kidding. Michigan wouldn't do squat if they didn't raid Ohio. Michigan= 15 kids from Ohio, Ohio State 2 kids from Michigan. I rest my case. Get ready to be Meyerized, Big Boo-hoo.
So? If you want to talk football, the reason for Michigan's recent decline into the dumpster was Tressell kept all the Ohio kids in Ohio.
Really not kidding. Michigan wouldn't do squat if they didn't raid Ohio. Michigan= 15 kids from Ohio, Ohio State 2 kids from Michigan. I rest my case. Get ready to be Meyerized, Big Boo-hoo.
The first part of your post is wrong, I really don't want to go into an actual explanation though because you'd probably just yell and scream and not listen like a normal OSU fan
The second part frankly doesn't matter. I didn't realize state schools were only allowed to recruit their own state, and were judged by how many kids they have from within their state
Finally, we'll see how Meer does. It is pretty stupid to think he'll be the greatest coach ever now that he is at OSU. You should also hope he's there for more than 4 years
-
Yes. Coldplay is more well known and probably with bigger hits.
Give a little thanks to Gwyneth.
There's no way on gods green earth the above statement is true lol.......coldplay wishes they could be greenday
There's no way on gods green earth the above statement is true lol.......coldplay wishes they could be greenday
Did you read the statement? I said Coldplay is more well known than Green Day.....and for my money, no, I doubt that Coldplay wishes they could be Green Day. From what I have heard of them, Coldplay is much better.
-
So? If you want to talk football, the reason for Michigan's recent decline into the dumpster was Tressell kept all the Ohio kids in Ohio.
Really not kidding. Michigan wouldn't do squat if they didn't raid Ohio. Michigan= 15 kids from Ohio, Ohio State 2 kids from Michigan. I rest my case. Get ready to be Meyerized, Big Boo-hoo.
The first part of your post is wrong, I really don't want to go into an actual explanation though because you'd probably just yell and scream and not listen like a normal OSU fan
The second part frankly doesn't matter. I didn't realize state schools were only allowed to recruit their own state, and were judged by how many kids they have from within their state
Finally, we'll see how Meer does. It is pretty stupid to think he'll be the greatest coach ever now that he is at OSU. You should also hope he's there for more than 4 years
The first part of your post is wrong, I really don't want to go into an actual explanation though because you'd probably just yell and scream and not listen like a normal OSU fan
The second part frankly doesn't matter. I didn't realize state schools were only allowed to recruit their own state, and were judged by how many kids they have from within their state
Finally, we'll see how Meer does. It is pretty stupid to think he'll be the greatest coach ever now that he is at OSU. You should also hope he's there for more than 4 years
I don't think you understand what he is saying. He is saying, if it weren't for the Buckeyes i.e. people from Ohio, that were associated with Michigan, Michigan's program would be on a par with say, Illinois.
-
Why does the fact that a player came from another state matter?
They aren't buckeyes, they're he athletes from Ohio. If they truly were buckeyes they'd go to OSU.
I'm not doubting some of the best Wolverines have cone from Ohio, but I don't see why that matters
-
Why does the fact that a player came from another state matter?
They aren't buckeyes, they're he athletes from Ohio. If they truly were buckeyes they'd go to OSU.
I'm not doubting some of the best Wolverines have cone from Ohio, but I don't see why that matters
Why does the fact that a player came from another state matter?
They aren't buckeyes, they're he athletes from Ohio. If they truly were buckeyes they'd go to OSU.
I'm not doubting some of the best Wolverines have cone from Ohio, but I don't see why that matters
It matters in the sense that it is evident that the whole state of Michigan can't hold a candle to the State of Ohio when it comes to producing football talent.
Michigan has to scavenge good players from Ohio to be worth a spit.
Michigan is inferior. If it has any parity with OSU it is because it has Ohio to thank for it.
Bo Schembechler only took the job at Michigan because Ohio State wasn't available. And yes, he was a Buckeye....his masters degree was from OSU (undergrad Miami, Oh).
So, whether it "matters" or not..you are now aware of it. Just keep that thought in your mind as you walk around campus:...big M? Not as good as Big O.
-
Why does the fact that a player came from another state matter?
They aren't buckeyes, they're he athletes from Ohio. If they truly were buckeyes they'd go to OSU.
I'm not doubting some of the best Wolverines have cone from Ohio, but I don't see why that matters
It matters in the sense that it is evident that the whole state of Michigan can't hold a candle to the State of Ohio when it comes to producing football talent.
Michigan has to scavenge good players from Ohio to be worth a spit.
Michigan is inferior. If it has any parity with OSU it is because it has Ohio to thank for it.
Bo Schembechler only took the job at Michigan because Ohio State wasn't available. And yes, he was a Buckeye....his masters degree was from OSU (undergrad Miami, Oh).
So, whether it "matters" or not..you are now aware of it. Just keep that thought in your mind as you walk around campus:...big M? Not as good as Big O.
It matters in the sense that it is evident that the whole state of Michigan can't hold a candle to the State of Ohio when it comes to producing football talent.
Michigan has to scavenge good players from Ohio to be worth a spit.
Michigan is inferior. If it has any parity with OSU it is because it has Ohio to thank for it.
Bo Schembechler only took the job at Michigan because Ohio State wasn't available. And yes, he was a Buckeye....his masters degree was from OSU (undergrad Miami, Oh).
So, whether it "matters" or not..you are now aware of it. Just keep that thought in your mind as you walk around campus:...big M? Not as good as Big O.
lol
sure buddy. whatever you have to tell yourself.
All time record 58-43-6 Michigan
444 days since OSU beat Michigan
too bad we "can't hold a candle" to Ohio....
and by "scavenge" do you mean get commits from 5 star Olinemen that OSU offered?
and if there is one thing I'll think to myself regarding OSU as I walk around campus it'll be thank god I was smart enough to get into Michigan
-
FYI, the only decent player that I recall that was from Michigan that came to Ohio State was Pepper Johnson. There may have been others.
On the 2011 OSU roster of about 100 players the only one that come from Michigan are:
Dionte Allen CB Sr.
Johnathan Hankins DL Soph.
Reif Fragel TE Jr.
I don't think these guys were big contributors. Pretty much scrubs.
And, also, of Michigan's roster of similar size: Twenty (20) of their players were from Ohio. And honestly, I don't know the Michigan players to tell you whether or how many of them were starters. I only know that Dennard Robinson is from Florida.
OSU had 8 players on its roster from Fla., second only to Ohio. They also had 5 players from Pa. 3 each from Texas, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia; 2 from Maryland and North Carolina, and one each from Kentucky and Indiana.
This was the 2011 roster.
-
It matters in the sense that it is evident that the whole state of Michigan can't hold a candle to the State of Ohio when it comes to producing football talent.
Michigan has to scavenge good players from Ohio to be worth a spit.
Michigan is inferior. If it has any parity with OSU it is because it has Ohio to thank for it.
Bo Schembechler only took the job at Michigan because Ohio State wasn't available. And yes, he was a Buckeye....his masters degree was from OSU (undergrad Miami, Oh).
So, whether it "matters" or not..you are now aware of it. Just keep that thought in your mind as you walk around campus:...big M? Not as good as Big O.
lol
sure buddy. whatever you have to tell yourself.
All time record 58-43-6 Michigan
444 days since OSU beat Michigan
too bad we "can't hold a candle" to Ohio....
and by "scavenge" do you mean get commits from 5 star Olinemen that OSU offered?
and if there is one thing I'll think to myself regarding OSU as I walk around campus it'll be thank god I was smart enough to get into Michigan
lol
sure buddy. whatever you have to tell yourself.
are you high?
look at the number of HOF players per state...
michigan has 4...
ohio has 23...
pennsylvania has 29...
texas - 28. illinois and california have 17.
OH, PA, and TX are the football factories. there's no disputing that.
the 2012 HS recruiting class? top 100 has......ZERO.....players from michigan. PA and ohio? roughly 12-15 players....
lets not get all silly and think michigan actually grows players.....you actually just get what we dont want.
-
It matters in the sense that it is evident that the whole state of Michigan can't hold a candle to the State of Ohio when it comes to producing football talent.
Michigan has to scavenge good players from Ohio to be worth a spit.
Michigan is inferior. If it has any parity with OSU it is because it has Ohio to thank for it.
Bo Schembechler only took the job at Michigan because Ohio State wasn't available. And yes, he was a Buckeye....his masters degree was from OSU (undergrad Miami, Oh).
So, whether it "matters" or not..you are now aware of it. Just keep that thought in your mind as you walk around campus:...big M? Not as good as Big O.
lol
sure buddy. whatever you have to tell yourself.
All time record 58-43-6 Michigan
444 days since OSU beat Michigan
too bad we "can't hold a candle" to Ohio....
and by "scavenge" do you mean get commits from 5 star Olinemen that OSU offered?
and if there is one thing I'll think to myself regarding OSU as I walk around campus it'll be thank god I was smart enough to get into Michigan
lol
sure buddy. whatever you have to tell yourself.
All time record 58-43-6 Michigan
444 days since OSU beat Michigan
too bad we "can't hold a candle" to Ohio....
Something that you are probably don't know is that most of the advantage that Michigan holds over OSU was gained in the 19th and early part of the 20th century, when, indeed, Michigan was the football powerhouse, and OSU was essentially the equivalent of a MAC school. Since the end of World War I however, the record between the two teams is 45-44-1 with Mich with that one game advantage..
and by "scavenge" do you mean get commits from 5 star Olinemen that OSU offered?
Actually, yes, that would be a possible example. The guy (from Lakewood, I believe) gives an oral commitment to OSU, but when Tressel resigns he switches to Michigan.
Though, that is really not the type of case I am talking about. That is somewhat understandable. A team suffers an issue like OSU, it is not beyond the pale that some kids are likely to switch teams. Ohio State has done that with several Penn State verbal committees when they had their trouble.
No, I just mean that Michigan HAS to recuit Ohio football talent for it to have any shot at being any good at all because there is not enough talent in Michigan.
and if there is one thing I'll think to myself regarding OSU as I walk around campus it'll be thank god I was smart enough to get into Michigan.
(I guess I could say: "but not smart enough to get into OSU)....but we at talking about football only here. Sure, as an engineering student you would have wanted to go to the best place possible for you....but if you were a football player, and you wanted to go to the best...you would have picked Ohio State).
-
lol
sure buddy. whatever you have to tell yourself.
are you high?
look at the number of HOF players per state...
michigan has 4...
ohio has 23...
pennsylvania has 29...
texas - 28. illinois and california have 17.
OH, PA, and TX are the football factories. there's no disputing that.
the 2012 HS recruiting class? top 100 has......ZERO.....players from michigan. PA and ohio? roughly 12-15 players....
lets not get all silly and think michigan actually grows players.....you actually just get what we dont want.
are you high?
look at the number of HOF players per state...
michigan has 4...
ohio has 23...
pennsylvania has 29...
texas - 28. illinois and california have 17.
OH, PA, and TX are the football factories. there's no disputing that.
the 2012 HS recruiting class? top 100 has......ZERO.....players from michigan. PA and ohio? roughly 12-15 players....
lets not get all silly and think michigan actually grows players.....you actually just get what we dont want.
That is absolutely correct. Ohio has 23 natives in the PFHOF...and of those 23? Four attended Michipuss: Dan Dierdorff, Benny Friedman, Tom Mack, and owner Ralph Wilson. Both Ohio St. and Mich have 8 HOFers. Of those 8, only 3 are not from Ohio: Jim Parker, Ed Sabol, Sid Gillman.
-
AHA! Now, you are finally getting it.
It is actually funnt how clueless you are about music if you really don't believe Rush belongs in the HOF ... How about Kiss do you think they deserve it? or are they not big enough LMAO.
If the HOF went and inducted DEVO and MC Hammer like you would like it would have credibility at all.
-
(I guess I could say: "but not smart enough to get into OSU)....
You could, but it would make absolutely no sense...
I don't understand why you guys are going on and on about this. Yeah there is more football talent in Ohio, what's your point? Does that mean anything, not really. If anything that means Ohio should be dominating Michigan overall, but that's not the case.
I didn't know OSU and Michigan have the same amount of NFL HOFers. What OSU players have a shot at the HOF that are active right now? I really don't know so I'm asking.
I would think Michigan has a good shot with Hutchinson, Woodson and Brady.
-
AHA! Now, you are finally getting it.
It is actually funnt how clueless you are about music if you really don't believe Rush belongs in the HOF ... How about Kiss do you think they deserve it? or are they not big enough LMAO.
If the HOF went and inducted DEVO and MC Hammer like you would like it would have credibility at all.
It is actually funnt how clueless you are about music if you really don't believe Rush belongs in the HOF ... How about Kiss do you think they deserve it? or are they not big enough LMAO.
If the HOF went and inducted DEVO and MC Hammer like you would like it would have credibility at all.
I would go for KISS before Rush.
So? If "Big" is all you are after, then Steisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra, Backstreet Boys, Bon Jovi, Chicago, Dire Straits, Britney Spears, Kenny Rogers, Garth Brooks, KiSS,Janet Jackson, Julio Iglesias, George Michael, The Carpenters,, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie, Olivia Newton John, Cher, Depeche Mode, Johnny Hallyday, Barry White, Luciano Pavarotti, The Scorpions, Dolly Parton, Gloria Estafan, Rihanna, Barry Manilow, Shania Twain, Beyonce, The Spice Girls, The Eurythmics, Kenny G, Enya, Meatloaf, Andrea Bocelli, Shakira, New Kids on the Block,, Duran Duran, UB40, George Strait, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Green Day, Usher, The Village People, Lady Gaga, Pearl Jam, Boys II Men, Alanis Morisette, Ricky Martin, Kylie Minogue, A-ha, Taylor Swift, Reba McIntire, Black Eyed Peas, Jethro Tull, Luis Miguel, Linkin Park, Cold Play, Michael Bolton, Sade, Willie Nelson, Christin Aguilera, Nickelback, Destiny's Child, Oasis, Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, R. Kelly, Alan Jackson, Motley Crue, Mary J. Blige, J Lo, the Monkees, MC Hammer, Ace of Base, ELO, Anne Murray, Cyndi Lauper Pet Shop Boys, Tony Bennett, Ray Conniff...and who knows who else have all outsold Rush world wide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
So much for that.
-
(I guess I could say: "but not smart enough to get into OSU)....
You could, but it would make absolutely no sense...
I don't understand why you guys are going on and on about this. Yeah there is more football talent in Ohio, what's your point? Does that mean anything, not really. If anything that means Ohio should be dominating Michigan overall, but that's not the case.
I didn't know OSU and Michigan have the same amount of NFL HOFers. What OSU players have a shot at the HOF that are active right now? I really don't know so I'm asking.
I would think Michigan has a good shot with Hutchinson, Woodson and Brady.
You could, but it would make absolutely no sense...
I don't understand why you guys are going on and on about this. Yeah there is more football talent in Ohio, what's your point? Does that mean anything, not really. If anything that means Ohio should be dominating Michigan overall, but that's not the case.
You are the one missing the point....Michigan only is able to maintain parity by raiding Ohio talent.
(one thing you also have to understand is that when we had Cooper here, he got talent, but couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. It is only his ineptness that allowed Michigan to build back up a good part of the lead they had pre WWI when they were like 18-0-2 vs. OSU. When he coached equal or better talent to a 2-10-1 record vs. Mich. they rebuilt that lead. When we got rid of the doofus and brought a real coach in here, you saw what happened.
I didn't know OSU and Michigan have the same amount of NFL HOFers. What OSU players have a shot at the HOF that are active right now? I really don't know so I'm asking.
I would think Michigan has a good shot with Hutchinson, Woodson and Brady.
Chris Carter should have been in already. Orlando Pace should be a shoo-in when his time comes. Eddie George maybe. Randy Gradishar was a finalist a couple of years ago. Jim Marshall should be in but istn't. Same with Jack Tatum, they always have held the Daryl Stingley incident against him. Jim Tyrer (OL) made 9 Pro Bowls and was 1st team all pro 6 times.
Those are all retired players. Active? maybe Antoine Winfield, who has always bee a better pure corner than Woodson. Will Smith? Nick Mangold? Dunno.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login