Skip to content

Rg3 Combine

The Browns Board
21 14 1.9k
  • Okay, okay... after months of beating it into me I'm finally gonna say it... Draft RG3 to compete with Colt for the starting QB position. A "new" QB competition and we'll see the cream rise to the top. With our second pick I have to say to pick up Vontaze Burfict. Then in the second swing a couple trades and pick up Chase Minnifield and Kendall Wright. There!- I hope you're all happy... I'm still gonna miss not taking Trent Richardson. Of course, if by chance someone jumps ahead of us and snags RG3 at 2 or 3, I say we gotta get Trent. Here's to hoping Kendall Wright bombs the combine and his stock falls so we have a chance to snag him late. If we don't get RG3 early I wouldn't mind giving the Giant QB out of ASU a shot with one of our 4th rounders.

  • Speaking of Combine, I read on twitter the other day that Alshon Jeffery ran a 4.88 Forty weighing in at 248. Not sure how long ago that was, but if that is the case, we could easily see him fall to round 2, or MAYBE even 3, but kinda doubtful given the Jerry Rice who excelled with terrible 40 times. I know that is a one time case, but Jeffery could easily slip to our round 2 pick if we want him

    Sorry for kinda derailling the thread.

    I dont think that Griffin will completely skip out on the combine. Most people at least show up and get their measures-Height, Hand-size, Weight, Their Health test thing, Wingspan, etc. He most likely wont throw or run, he may do the bench press, but that is pretty unlikely as well.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Speaking of Combine, I read on twitter the other day that Alshon Jeffery ran a 4.88 Forty weighing in at 248. Not sure how long ago that was, but if that is the case, we could easily see him fall to round 2, or MAYBE even 3, but kinda doubtful given the Jerry Rice who excelled with terrible 40 times. I know that is a one time case, but Jeffery could easily slip to our round 2 pick if we want him

    Sorry for kinda derailling the thread.

    I dont think that Griffin will completely skip out on the combine. Most people at least show up and get their measures-Height, Hand-size, Weight, Their Health test thing, Wingspan, etc. He most likely wont throw or run, he may do the bench press, but that is pretty unlikely as well.

    I hate to say it but if Jeffrey ran that slow of a 40, I'll put $10 that Maurice Clarett or Slowbiski could beat him in a 40, not to mention 1\2 the linebackers currently in the NFL. Hell, there's a couple defensive ends that can run sub 5.0 40s.

  • The concern with Alshon is that he may have trouble getting off the line in the pros,

    we don't need that. He would be a mistake for the Browns.

  • Word is Zach Brown is running 4.35s in workouts and he weighs 240 at OLB, pretty impressive if i dont say

  • Word is Zach Brown is running 4.35s in workouts and he weighs 240 at OLB, pretty impressive if i dont say

    @nw220 said:

    Word is Zach Brown is running 4.35s in workouts and he weighs 240 at OLB, pretty impressive if i dont say

    Id look at him with #22, depending on who we take with 4 and if Wright/Floyd are around. Would love to take him in the 2nd round! We need to get some speed on defense, we need another OLB, and our run D sucks (all interrelated...)

  • I don't believe Zach Brown will be there for the Browns at 22. I can see the Browns trading down with Miami for extra picks... and

    nabbing Zach Brown at their first round pick. Would Brown, a needed outstanding lb, make more of a difference to the Browns than Richardson?

    The draft can't get here soon enough.

  • I don't believe Zach Brown will be there for the Browns at 22. I can see the Browns trading down with Miami for extra picks... and

    nabbing Zach Brown at their first round pick. Would Brown, a needed outstanding lb, make more of a difference to the Browns than Richardson?

    The draft can't get here soon enough.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I don't believe Zach Brown will be there for the Browns at 22. I can see the Browns trading down with Miami for extra picks... and

    nabbing Zach Brown at their first round pick. Would Brown, a needed outstanding lb, make more of a difference to the Browns than Richardson?

    The draft can't get here soon enough.

    4-3 OLBs do not (and should not) get drafted that high. He is not a pass rushing 3-4 OLB, and he is not a rock solid MLB. Dont get me wrong, Id love to have him, not with a top 20 pick though. Id put money on him being there at 22 for sure, but I would def still hesitate to pick him at 22, not enough value in the position given our holes. Round 2, Id love to have him though. And try not to get caught up in the measurables, Kuechly is going to blow in the combine but will still get picked before Burfict and Brown. Instincts are crucial to the LB position.

  • You're probably right. This draft is perplexing. Way too many variables, with a limited need list -

    The Browns will have another excellent draft.

  • Speaking of Combine, I read on twitter the other day that Alshon Jeffery ran a 4.88 Forty weighing in at 248. Not sure how long ago that was, but if that is the case, we could easily see him fall to round 2, or MAYBE even 3, but kinda doubtful given the Jerry Rice who excelled with terrible 40 times. I know that is a one time case, but Jeffery could easily slip to our round 2 pick if we want him

    Sorry for kinda derailling the thread.

    I dont think that Griffin will completely skip out on the combine. Most people at least show up and get their measures-Height, Hand-size, Weight, Their Health test thing, Wingspan, etc. He most likely wont throw or run, he may do the bench press, but that is pretty unlikely as well.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Speaking of Combine, I read on twitter the other day that Alshon Jeffery ran a 4.88 Forty weighing in at 248. Not sure how long ago that was, but if that is the case, we could easily see him fall to round 2, or MAYBE even 3, but kinda doubtful given the Jerry Rice who excelled with terrible 40 times. I know that is a one time case, but Jeffery could easily slip to our round 2 pick if we want him

    Sorry for kinda derailling the thread.

    I dont think that Griffin will completely skip out on the combine. Most people at least show up and get their measures-Height, Hand-size, Weight, Their Health test thing, Wingspan, etc. He most likely wont throw or run, he may do the bench press, but that is pretty unlikely as well.

    If that's true about Jeffery then he should praise the Lord if he gets drafted in the 3rd.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I don't believe Zach Brown will be there for the Browns at 22. I can see the Browns trading down with Miami for extra picks... and

    nabbing Zach Brown at their first round pick. Would Brown, a needed outstanding lb, make more of a difference to the Browns than Richardson?

    The draft can't get here soon enough.

    4-3 OLBs do not (and should not) get drafted that high. He is not a pass rushing 3-4 OLB, and he is not a rock solid MLB. Dont get me wrong, Id love to have him, not with a top 20 pick though. Id put money on him being there at 22 for sure, but I would def still hesitate to pick him at 22, not enough value in the position given our holes. Round 2, Id love to have him though. And try not to get caught up in the measurables, Kuechly is going to blow in the combine but will still get picked before Burfict and Brown. Instincts are crucial to the LB position.

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    4-3 OLBs do not (and should not) get drafted that high. He is not a pass rushing 3-4 OLB, and he is not a rock solid MLB. Dont get me wrong, Id love to have him, not with a top 20 pick though. Id put money on him being there at 22 for sure, but I would def still hesitate to pick him at 22, not enough value in the position given our holes. Round 2, Id love to have him though. And try not to get caught up in the measurables, Kuechly is going to blow in the combine but will still get picked before Burfict and Brown. Instincts are crucial to the LB position.

    You don't think a guy at 240 running at or under a 4.4 could rush the passer? If he can't now, he will learn quickly.

  • Zach Brown can defentily rush the passer, they are saying hes the only one in this draft who is considered a Joker at LB...In essence that means he can rush, as well as Cover TEs and do it all by never knowing where he will line up...He may not be around at 22 but that is about the area he should come off the board, you never know who has him rated where...