Skip to content

Jackson (Possibly) Getting The Tag.........

The Browns Board
29 18 2.0k
  • I think we should sign Randy Moss

  • ... or split the difference and sign Randy Jackson.

  • Tag not official yet. Still working out long term deal.

  • I think it means Dawson is gone, that's the only thing it's telling me.

  • Dawson would probably sign a 3 year with us. We do need to look for a kicker next year...no really good kickers coming out this year in college. We are already paying him big bucks, what's another 400k toward our cap...it's really a no lose if we just extend it out for 3 years, don't think anyone is going to match our price.

    If we do franchise Jackson what are we looking at paying him next year like 7.5-8 million?...probably double his base I'm guessing...i think we could probably get him cheaper by going five year at say 30 million...or just let him go...we could easily pick up curtis lofton and sign him for a long 5 year deal at probably less than what Dqwell is making right now.

  • I think this is smart. Feel him out another year and make sure there isn't anymore injuries building up before a new deal. But, that's alot more money for one year. What's everyones thoughts??

    @halfbreed216 said:

    I think this is smart. Feel him out another year and make sure there isn't anymore injuries building up before a new deal. But, that's alot more money for one year. What's everyones thoughts??

    Jackson is not worth franchise money. He's one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL, you kidding me?

  • I think it means Dawson is gone, that's the only thing it's telling me.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I think it means Dawson is gone, that's the only thing it's telling me.

    It's about time. I think he kicked like 6 touchbacks all year. For sure had the worst touchback percentage in the NFL. I love the guy's clutch kicking but he hurts the team too much on kickoff.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    I think it means Dawson is gone, that's the only thing it's telling me.

    It's about time. I think he kicked like 6 touchbacks all year. For sure had the worst touchback percentage in the NFL. I love the guy's clutch kicking but he hurts the team too much on kickoff.

    @dawginit said:

    It's about time. I think he kicked like 6 touchbacks all year. For sure had the worst touchback percentage in the NFL. I love the guy's clutch kicking but he hurts the team too much on kickoff.

    as opposed to hurting the team by missing kicks?

    how many games has he won for us again?

  • @dawginit said:

    It's about time. I think he kicked like 6 touchbacks all year. For sure had the worst touchback percentage in the NFL. I love the guy's clutch kicking but he hurts the team too much on kickoff.

    as opposed to hurting the team by missing kicks?

    how many games has he won for us again?

    @choco said:

    as opposed to hurting the team by missing kicks?

    how many games has he won for us again?

    lol, that just sounds funny comin from a browns fan. i mean, how many games have you won total to be..........nevermind, it's just too easy anymore. lol.

  • @halfbreed216 said:

    I think this is smart. Feel him out another year and make sure there isn't anymore injuries building up before a new deal. But, that's alot more money for one year. What's everyones thoughts??

    Jackson is not worth franchise money. He's one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL, you kidding me?

    @hoorta said:

    Jackson is not worth franchise money. He's one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL, you kidding me?

    This was the only season in the past three he didn't have an injury. Make sure he isn't gonna get hurt again and then talk big money. He is worth alot more, but why pay a big contract if you can tag him for one year and make sure he isn't a one season fluke.

  • For everyone saying don't do it, who takes his place?

  • It'll cost 8.8 million to tag him. DQ was second in the NFL in total tackles, first in solo tackles and 3.5 sacks. I don't see why Browns fans are concerned at all with how much we pay anyone. It's not like we weren't 20 Million under the cap last season. Oh wait, then we might not be able to sign that big free agent they never intended to sign and probably had close to zero interest to sign with us anyhow.

    It's not our money so fuck it.

  • @halfbreed216 said:

    I think this is smart. Feel him out another year and make sure there isn't anymore injuries building up before a new deal. But, that's alot more money for one year. What's everyones thoughts??

    Jackson is not worth franchise money. He's one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL, you kidding me?

    @hoorta said:

    Jackson is not worth franchise money. He's one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL, you kidding me?

    Hoorta, have taken a look at his stats this year?

  • I would take jackson at 5 years 30 million not a penny more...we need that space! Our QB probably makes the least of any starting QB in the league(would bet he is the most cost effective QB out there as well) our RB 5th round money, lets say we actually do get a better QB or RB in the next 2 years...they are going to want a hell of a lot more than Colts salary(he works for peanuts)...if we get RG3 probably gonna cost us at leat $5 million a year... 10x what we are paying Colt(not worth it, but it's not up to me)...now you want us to pay Jackson more than Joe Thomas(some of you kids are smoking some crap)The more I look at it the more I actually want to sign Colt up for a 10 year contract at 2.5 million a season...That would save us a ton of money everywhere else. Senneca probably makes double or triple what Colt makes is he 3x better than Colt(some will say at least 5x) This franchise will start spending more frugally then they have had in past year. Jackson is gone unless he signs for $5.5 million or less end of argument.

  • @hoorta said:

    Jackson is not worth franchise money. He's one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL, you kidding me?

    Hoorta, have taken a look at his stats this year?

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Hoorta, have taken a look at his stats this year?

    How many tackles for loss, how many sacks? He's got no excuse with Taylor and Rubin playing in front of him. I'm not impressed with total tackles, and he didn't make the Pro Bowl either.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Hoorta, have taken a look at his stats this year?

    How many tackles for loss, how many sacks? He's got no excuse with Taylor and Rubin playing in front of him. I'm not impressed with total tackles, and he didn't make the Pro Bowl either.

    @hoorta said:

    How many tackles for loss, how many sacks? He's got no excuse with Taylor and Rubin playing in front of him. I'm not impressed with total tackles, and he didn't make the Pro Bowl either.

    He led all 4-3 middle linebackers in tackles for loss with 12.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    And jsut when you think it can't get dumber, the team is considering a franchise tag on a dime-a-dozen LB who does nothing but rush the passer from the outside. Good grief, offer him a fair price and then kick his ass out the door if he isn't happy with it.

    Jackson doesn't play outside or rush the passer from the outside. He played MLB.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    And jsut when you think it can't get dumber, the team is considering a franchise tag on a dime-a-dozen LB who does nothing but rush the passer from the outside. Good grief, offer him a fair price and then kick his ass out the door if he isn't happy with it.

    Jackson doesn't play outside or rush the passer from the outside. He played MLB.

    @brownsfan said:

    Jackson doesn't play outside or rush the passer from the outside. He played MLB.

    no worries.. girley doesn't exactly care about details, or facts. they get in the way of his opinions.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Hoorta, have taken a look at his stats this year?

    How many tackles for loss, how many sacks? He's got no excuse with Taylor and Rubin playing in front of him. I'm not impressed with total tackles, and he didn't make the Pro Bowl either.

    @hoorta said:

    How many tackles for loss, how many sacks? He's got no excuse with Taylor and Rubin playing in front of him. I'm not impressed with total tackles, and he didn't make the Pro Bowl either.

    The Pro bowl voting is a joke so you really can't use that against him. And not all MLBs get a lot of sacks. It depends on the playcalling. Jackson was in coverage a lot too. His biggest negative is stopping the run, but if our OLBs could actually seal the edge, Jackson wouldn't have to overplay his position. Jackson isn't perfect, but he is the best LB the Browns have so I would keep him - but only for the right price. Either franchise tag him or sign him to a long term deal without giving too much guaranteed money.

  • Other than his injury which concerned me, he erased any doubt i had this year, based on his body of work in Cleveland i'd agree i'd give em a 5 year deal.