Skip to content

Since The Last Time Cleveland Won

The Browns Board
10 5 507
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    The last major league sports title won by a team from Cleveland was the Browns title in 1964. Since that last title, there have been 202 different titles won by teams from other cities in MLB, NFL/AFL, NBA/ABA, and NHL/WHA. Here are the titles won by different cities since Cleveland has won one:

    New York/NJ: 25 titles

    Boston: 19 titles

    Los Angeles: 17 titles

    SF/Oak/SJ: 14 titles

    Montreal: 12 titles

    Pittsburgh: 12 titles

    Chicago: 9 titles

    Detroit: 9 titles

    Dallas: 7 titles

    Philadelphia: 6 titles

    Green Bay: 5 titles

    Baltimore: 5 titles

    St. Louis: 5 titles

    Miami: 5 titles

    Edmonton: 5 titles

    Houston: 4 titles

    Denver: 4 titles

    San Antonio: 4 titles

    Washington D.C. 4 titles

    Indianapolis: 4 titles

    Toronto: 3 titles

    Cincinnati: 3 titles

    Winnipeg: 3 titles

    Kansas City: 2 titles

    Minneapolis/St. Paul: 2 titles

    Tampa Bay: 2 titles

    Buffalo: 1 title

    Milwaukee: 1 title

    Salt Lake City: 1 title

    Louisville: 1 title

    Portland OR: 1 title

    Seattle: 1 title

    Calgary: 1 title

    Raleigh: 1 title

    Phoenix: 1 title

    Quebec: 1 title

    Atlanta: 1 title

    New Orleans: 1 title

    The only city that has a major league team continuously sited in that city that has gone longer without a title is San Diego, where the Chargers won the 1963 AFL title.

    The following major league cities have also not won a title since Cleveland last won a title, however, most of these cities did not obtain a major league franchise until the mid 1980s or later: Charlotte, Jacksonville, Nashville, Memphis, Oklahoma City, Sacramento, Columbbus, Ottawa, Vancouver, Orlando. Only Vancouver has had a team there as early as 1971, and except for Charlotte and Nashville these towns are one trick ponies.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Thanks for the effort my friend.

    It is pretty pitiful when you think about it.

    We aren't all that far apart in age, we can throw Ed in to the mix here as well. We've gone from teens, or close to teens, to fairly old men. It's why when people talk about about having patience, I'd like to shake them and tell them to wake up, because it's obvious to me they aren't over 35 years old.

    I'd bet most only remember the pre expansion Browns as faint memories.

    I am not being serious here, but damn it, I have shown friggen patience....49 years worth to be exact, and I was a middle teen when we last won, so it wasn't like I was 2 and can say i was around.....I was there as a fan.

    It doesn't make me special by any means. It only means when people say what needs to be done, I can say it doesn't work. Demand wins now.

    Just friggen win. Do your talking on the field. If you don't win, just shut-up.

  • Thanks for the effort my friend.

    It is pretty pitiful when you think about it.

    We aren't all that far apart in age, we can throw Ed in to the mix here as well. We've gone from teens, or close to teens, to fairly old men. It's why when people talk about about having patience, I'd like to shake them and tell them to wake up, because it's obvious to me they aren't over 35 years old.

    I'd bet most only remember the pre expansion Browns as faint memories.

    I am not being serious here, but damn it, I have shown friggen patience....49 years worth to be exact, and I was a middle teen when we last won, so it wasn't like I was 2 and can say i was around.....I was there as a fan.

    It doesn't make me special by any means. It only means when people say what needs to be done, I can say it doesn't work. Demand wins now.

    Just friggen win. Do your talking on the field. If you don't win, just shut-up.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @ballpeen said:

    Thanks for the effort my friend.

    It is pretty pitiful when you think about it.

    We aren't all that far apart in age, we can throw Ed in to the mix here as well. We've gone from teens, or close to teens, to fairly old men. It's why when people talk about about having patience, I'd like to shake them and tell them to wake up, because it's obvious to me they aren't over 35 years old.

    I'd bet most only remember the pre expansion Browns as faint memories.

    I am not being serious here, but damn it, I have shown friggen patience....49 years worth to be exact, and I was a middle teen when we last won, so it wasn't like I was 2 and can say i was around.....I was there as a fan.

    It doesn't make me special by any means. It only means when people say what needs to be done, I can say it doesn't work. Demand wins now.

    Just friggen win. Do your talking on the field. If you don't win, just shut-up.

    Right Russ. I was 12 when the Browns won that title. I am now 60. It was not televised live in the Cleveland/Akron area. We had to watch it in black and white on tape delay the following Monday night.

    That is how long ago it is. Could you imagine any city having a team in the Super Bowl and being told to wait until the following evening to watch the game?

    Don't don't freeking preach patience to me. In fact, one way to view it is to say that these Cleveland sports team owe us 12 championships in the next few years. Fair to say?

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I know how much all you Browns Boarders love Soccer.

    The Force/Crunch won a couple championships in the 80's didn't they? 😵

  • I know how much all you Browns Boarders love Soccer.

    The Force/Crunch won a couple championships in the 80's didn't they? 😵

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    I know how much all you Browns Boarders love Soccer.

    The Force/Crunch won a couple championships in the 80's didn't they? 😵

    Fuck Off back to Norway. I said "major league" sports. Who gives a crap about minor league soccer:

  • Thanks for the effort my friend.

    It is pretty pitiful when you think about it.

    We aren't all that far apart in age, we can throw Ed in to the mix here as well. We've gone from teens, or close to teens, to fairly old men. It's why when people talk about about having patience, I'd like to shake them and tell them to wake up, because it's obvious to me they aren't over 35 years old.

    I'd bet most only remember the pre expansion Browns as faint memories.

    I am not being serious here, but damn it, I have shown friggen patience....49 years worth to be exact, and I was a middle teen when we last won, so it wasn't like I was 2 and can say i was around.....I was there as a fan.

    It doesn't make me special by any means. It only means when people say what needs to be done, I can say it doesn't work. Demand wins now.

    Just friggen win. Do your talking on the field. If you don't win, just shut-up.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @ballpeen said:

    Thanks for the effort my friend.

    It is pretty pitiful when you think about it.

    We aren't all that far apart in age, we can throw Ed in to the mix here as well. We've gone from teens, or close to teens, to fairly old men. It's why when people talk about about having patience, I'd like to shake them and tell them to wake up, because it's obvious to me they aren't over 35 years old.

    I'd bet most only remember the pre expansion Browns as faint memories.

    I am not being serious here, but damn it, I have shown friggen patience....49 years worth to be exact, and I was a middle teen when we last won, so it wasn't like I was 2 and can say i was around.....I was there as a fan.

    It doesn't make me special by any means. It only means when people say what needs to be done, I can say it doesn't work. Demand wins now.

    Just friggen win. Do your talking on the field. If you don't win, just shut-up.

    I hear you guys loud & clear.

    Sometimes I think I am "The Omen," since I was born in 1963, the year Paul Brown was fired...I didn't actually become a fan until 1970. My passion for the Browns has not faded at all, but my impatience is indeed growing.

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by BadNewsBrowns
    #7

    Just imagine the perfect storm that was brewing, and had the Browns never moved.

    Belichick,Pioli,Mangini,Jim Schwartz,Nick Saban,Kirk Ferentz,Mike Lombardi .. on and on

    Then draft Ogden,R.Lewis,J.Lewis,Brady ... a super team combination of the Pats and Rats.

    Ahhh - what if.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Since the last time Cleveland won any significant title, two or possibly three generations of humans have been born.

  • Since the last time Cleveland won any significant title, two or possibly three generations of humans have been born.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Since the last time Cleveland won any significant title, two or possibly three generations of humans have been born.

    Yes, indeed. That was my whole point.

  • Just imagine the perfect storm that was brewing, and had the Browns never moved.

    Belichick,Pioli,Mangini,Jim Schwartz,Nick Saban,Kirk Ferentz,Mike Lombardi .. on and on

    Then draft Ogden,R.Lewis,J.Lewis,Brady ... a super team combination of the Pats and Rats.

    Ahhh - what if.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Just imagine the perfect storm that was brewing, and had the Browns never moved.

    Belichick,Pioli,Mangini,Jim Schwartz,Nick Saban,Kirk Ferentz,Mike Lombardi .. on and on

    Then draft Ogden,R.Lewis,J.Lewis,Brady ... a super team combination of the Pats and Rats.

    Ahhh - what if.

    no! Don't you know the browns never moved?