Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Confessions of a Turncoat Jet Fan

Confessions of a Turncoat Jet Fan

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
37 Posts 25 Posters 2.8k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • JetsTurncoat J
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    J JetsTurncoat wrote on last edited by
    #1

    So here i am writing on a Cleveland Browns message board, something i thought unimaginable at one point in time. Not because of the browns, but because i don't even post on the Jets message boards more than once a year (although i read what Jet fans right on a daily basis because of my sick addiction to the jets). Anyway I'll get to my point quick, Jet fans suck. Their owner sucks and their fans (at least most of the long island fans) are rude and ignorant people. While I've always rooted for the team because i had older step brothers who converted me in 1985 from a 7 year old Redskins fan, i have never loved the fans. Now their owner makes a money driven idiotic move and fires a guy who would have been the face of the franchise for a decade if he was given time to develop himself. But he wasn't, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to explain away the fact that the Jets were a disaster down the stretch mostly because of a complete lack of offensive game. Although I'm sure I'll watch them again, I'm mentally done with the Jets. As a Brewer fan i have always liked Cleveland, (remember your run at Miller Park?) so its not a stretch to start rooting for the Browns, plus lets face it, how many people of a high sports intellect are running to jump over to the Browns bandwagon right now? so i feel i can get in on the ground floor, after all, aren't some of you secret Raven fans pissed you were robbed of your entire squad? So if you'll welcome me in, I'll give you my 2 cents about Mangini and what i know about the game, i reported for multiple papers and online outlets including Yahoo Sports and KFFL so i do carry some credentials. I know a lot about Mangini and his staff to be and I'm happy to start talking football with a new group of dedicated passionate (and usually disappointed) fans such as myself. So lets talk some Browns football and maybe you can help break my addiction of the Jets.

    Feedback Welcomed and Encouraged:

    JetsTurncoat

    ? hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • J JetsTurncoat

      So here i am writing on a Cleveland Browns message board, something i thought unimaginable at one point in time. Not because of the browns, but because i don't even post on the Jets message boards more than once a year (although i read what Jet fans right on a daily basis because of my sick addiction to the jets). Anyway I'll get to my point quick, Jet fans suck. Their owner sucks and their fans (at least most of the long island fans) are rude and ignorant people. While I've always rooted for the team because i had older step brothers who converted me in 1985 from a 7 year old Redskins fan, i have never loved the fans. Now their owner makes a money driven idiotic move and fires a guy who would have been the face of the franchise for a decade if he was given time to develop himself. But he wasn't, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to explain away the fact that the Jets were a disaster down the stretch mostly because of a complete lack of offensive game. Although I'm sure I'll watch them again, I'm mentally done with the Jets. As a Brewer fan i have always liked Cleveland, (remember your run at Miller Park?) so its not a stretch to start rooting for the Browns, plus lets face it, how many people of a high sports intellect are running to jump over to the Browns bandwagon right now? so i feel i can get in on the ground floor, after all, aren't some of you secret Raven fans pissed you were robbed of your entire squad? So if you'll welcome me in, I'll give you my 2 cents about Mangini and what i know about the game, i reported for multiple papers and online outlets including Yahoo Sports and KFFL so i do carry some credentials. I know a lot about Mangini and his staff to be and I'm happy to start talking football with a new group of dedicated passionate (and usually disappointed) fans such as myself. So lets talk some Browns football and maybe you can help break my addiction of the Jets.

      Feedback Welcomed and Encouraged:

      JetsTurncoat

      AdaM ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @jetsturncoat said:

      So here i am writing on a Cleveland Browns message board, something i thought unimaginable at one point in time. Not because of the browns, but because i don't even post on the Jets message boards more than once a year (although i read what Jet fans right on a daily basis because of my sick addiction to the jets). Anyway I'll get to my point quick, Jet fans suck. Their owner sucks and their fans (at least most of the long island fans) are rude and ignorant people. While I've always rooted for the team because i had older step brothers who converted me in 1985 from a 7 year old Redskins fan, i have never loved the fans. Now their owner makes a money driven idiotic move and fires a guy who would have been the face of the franchise for a decade if he was given time to develop himself. But he wasn't, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to explain away the fact that the Jets were a disaster down the stretch mostly because of a complete lack of offensive game. Although I'm sure I'll watch them again, I'm mentally done with the Jets. As a Brewer fan i have always liked Cleveland, (remember your run at Miller Park?) so its not a stretch to start rooting for the Browns, plus lets face it, how many people of a high sports intellect are running to jump over to the Browns bandwagon right now? so i feel i can get in on the ground floor, after all, aren't some of you secret Raven fans pissed you were robbed of your entire squad? So if you'll welcome me in, I'll give you my 2 cents about Mangini and what i know about the game, i reported for multiple papers and online outlets including Yahoo Sports and KFFL so i do carry some credentials. I know a lot about Mangini and his staff to be and I'm happy to start talking football with a new group of dedicated passionate (and usually disappointed) fans such as myself. So lets talk some Browns football and maybe you can help break my addiction of the Jets.

      Feedback Welcomed and Encouraged:

      JetsTurncoat

      Please get back to us with a picture of you in your new Browns Jersey.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Koa K
        • 147 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        K Koa wrote on last edited by Koa
        #3

        Welcome to the board and happy to hear the Browns got a new fan.

        Most will agree here that hiring Mangini was a good move. There is a lot of raw talent on this team (Josh Cribbs, Jerome Harrison, etc) and I think Mangini has the personality to expose their skills much better than Romeo, who earned a rapport as a stubborn veteran's coach.

        L 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • lambdo L
          • 175 Posts
          • 6 Reputation
          L lambdo wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Welcome to the board...

          What are your thoughts with Mangini and his relationships with older players?(not Favre - he's a whole different issue..I'm thinking other players like Faneca etc.. things go smoothly there?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Dave D
            • 109 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            D Dave wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Yea, welcome to the board, you'll learn a whole new definition of heartbreak.

            I found your comment about some fans secretly being Ravens fans humorous. I wonder if most people outside of Cleveland believe this. At any rate, its hardly the case, at least for myself. I've hated the Ravens because of Art, and since he's out of the picture, I hate them because of Ray Lewis and they play in our division. After he retires, I'm sure I'll find a new person to fill my hatred role but I always keep an open mind, who knows, maybe I'll view them like I do Cincinnatti, I feel sorry for them.

            I'm also pretty interested in your views on Mangini, especially the offensive gameplanning. I like how he used Leon Washington and I think Cribbs is going to be used the same way.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Squintz S
              • 508 Posts
              • 5 Reputation
              S Squintz wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I find this interesting as I have a friend that was a long-time die hard Lions fan until he finally had enough. To pick his new team, he wanted it to be chosen for him, as it was when he was born into being a Lions fan. So instead of picking a team that he already had an affection for, he placed helmet cut-outs on a dart board and blindfolded himself. And he has since been a Colts fan. This was before they became good - back in the mid-1990's. Yet he is more of a die-hard Colts fan than he ever was a Lions fan because for whatever reason, the Lions never clicked within him.

              So - I welcome you and hope that the Browns 'click' with you. And hopefully someday soon the Browns will treat you the same way that the Colts did my friend and turn things around!

              CHANGE IS GOOD
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • damajuki D
                • 475 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                D damajuki wrote on last edited by
                #7

                You're not a "turncoat" Jets fan here, you are a NEW BROWNS FAN. As long as you are a fan of the TEAM, you're welcome here. Welcome aboard!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • J JetsTurncoat

                  So here i am writing on a Cleveland Browns message board, something i thought unimaginable at one point in time. Not because of the browns, but because i don't even post on the Jets message boards more than once a year (although i read what Jet fans right on a daily basis because of my sick addiction to the jets). Anyway I'll get to my point quick, Jet fans suck. Their owner sucks and their fans (at least most of the long island fans) are rude and ignorant people. While I've always rooted for the team because i had older step brothers who converted me in 1985 from a 7 year old Redskins fan, i have never loved the fans. Now their owner makes a money driven idiotic move and fires a guy who would have been the face of the franchise for a decade if he was given time to develop himself. But he wasn't, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to explain away the fact that the Jets were a disaster down the stretch mostly because of a complete lack of offensive game. Although I'm sure I'll watch them again, I'm mentally done with the Jets. As a Brewer fan i have always liked Cleveland, (remember your run at Miller Park?) so its not a stretch to start rooting for the Browns, plus lets face it, how many people of a high sports intellect are running to jump over to the Browns bandwagon right now? so i feel i can get in on the ground floor, after all, aren't some of you secret Raven fans pissed you were robbed of your entire squad? So if you'll welcome me in, I'll give you my 2 cents about Mangini and what i know about the game, i reported for multiple papers and online outlets including Yahoo Sports and KFFL so i do carry some credentials. I know a lot about Mangini and his staff to be and I'm happy to start talking football with a new group of dedicated passionate (and usually disappointed) fans such as myself. So lets talk some Browns football and maybe you can help break my addiction of the Jets.

                  Feedback Welcomed and Encouraged:

                  JetsTurncoat

                  hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 20k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @jetsturncoat said:

                  So here i am writing on a Cleveland Browns message board, something i thought unimaginable at one point in time. Not because of the browns, but because i don't even post on the Jets message boards more than once a year (although i read what Jet fans right on a daily basis because of my sick addiction to the jets). Anyway I'll get to my point quick, Jet fans suck. Their owner sucks and their fans (at least most of the long island fans) are rude and ignorant people. While I've always rooted for the team because i had older step brothers who converted me in 1985 from a 7 year old Redskins fan, i have never loved the fans. Now their owner makes a money driven idiotic move and fires a guy who would have been the face of the franchise for a decade if he was given time to develop himself. But he wasn't, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to explain away the fact that the Jets were a disaster down the stretch mostly because of a complete lack of offensive game. Although I'm sure I'll watch them again, I'm mentally done with the Jets. As a Brewer fan i have always liked Cleveland, (remember your run at Miller Park?) so its not a stretch to start rooting for the Browns, plus lets face it, how many people of a high sports intellect are running to jump over to the Browns bandwagon right now? so i feel i can get in on the ground floor, after all, aren't some of you secret Raven fans pissed you were robbed of your entire squad? So if you'll welcome me in, I'll give you my 2 cents about Mangini and what i know about the game, i reported for multiple papers and online outlets including Yahoo Sports and KFFL so i do carry some credentials. I know a lot about Mangini and his staff to be and I'm happy to start talking football with a new group of dedicated passionate (and usually disappointed) fans such as myself. So lets talk some Browns football and maybe you can help break my addiction of the Jets.

                  Feedback Welcomed and Encouraged:

                  JetsTurncoat

                  Intelligent commentary is welcomed here. 🙂 Waiting to hear your take on Mangini- I agree it was Farve or Mangini, and the Jets owner made the wrong choice. Farve is a quick fix- not the long term solution at qb.

                  And I concur about your take on Jets fans- they were pretty obnoxious in the memorable '86 playoff game, until Kosar beat them in double OT. We actually tailgated with a bunch of Jets fans a couple of years ago- but I'll let Stan comment about their behavior, because I couldn't make it to that game.

                  daydawg19D R 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hoortaH hoorta

                    @jetsturncoat said:

                    So here i am writing on a Cleveland Browns message board, something i thought unimaginable at one point in time. Not because of the browns, but because i don't even post on the Jets message boards more than once a year (although i read what Jet fans right on a daily basis because of my sick addiction to the jets). Anyway I'll get to my point quick, Jet fans suck. Their owner sucks and their fans (at least most of the long island fans) are rude and ignorant people. While I've always rooted for the team because i had older step brothers who converted me in 1985 from a 7 year old Redskins fan, i have never loved the fans. Now their owner makes a money driven idiotic move and fires a guy who would have been the face of the franchise for a decade if he was given time to develop himself. But he wasn't, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to explain away the fact that the Jets were a disaster down the stretch mostly because of a complete lack of offensive game. Although I'm sure I'll watch them again, I'm mentally done with the Jets. As a Brewer fan i have always liked Cleveland, (remember your run at Miller Park?) so its not a stretch to start rooting for the Browns, plus lets face it, how many people of a high sports intellect are running to jump over to the Browns bandwagon right now? so i feel i can get in on the ground floor, after all, aren't some of you secret Raven fans pissed you were robbed of your entire squad? So if you'll welcome me in, I'll give you my 2 cents about Mangini and what i know about the game, i reported for multiple papers and online outlets including Yahoo Sports and KFFL so i do carry some credentials. I know a lot about Mangini and his staff to be and I'm happy to start talking football with a new group of dedicated passionate (and usually disappointed) fans such as myself. So lets talk some Browns football and maybe you can help break my addiction of the Jets.

                    Feedback Welcomed and Encouraged:

                    JetsTurncoat

                    Intelligent commentary is welcomed here. 🙂 Waiting to hear your take on Mangini- I agree it was Farve or Mangini, and the Jets owner made the wrong choice. Farve is a quick fix- not the long term solution at qb.

                    And I concur about your take on Jets fans- they were pretty obnoxious in the memorable '86 playoff game, until Kosar beat them in double OT. We actually tailgated with a bunch of Jets fans a couple of years ago- but I'll let Stan comment about their behavior, because I couldn't make it to that game.

                    daydawg19 daydawg19D
                    • 230 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    daydawg19D daydawg19 wrote on last edited by daydawg19
                    #9

                    @hoorta said:

                    Intelligent commentary is welcomed here. 🙂 Waiting to hear your take on Mangini- I agree it was Farve or Mangini, and the Jets owner made the wrong choice. Farve is a quick fix- not the long term solution at qb.

                    And I concur about your take on Jets fans- they were pretty obnoxious in the memorable '86 playoff game, until Kosar beat them in double OT. We actually tailgated with a bunch of Jets fans a couple of years ago- but I'll let Stan comment about their behavior, because I couldn't make it to that game.

                    Does one need to be a football "guru", to post on this board? 🙄 I think not. I believe all Browns fans are welcome, regardless how much of a PITA some are. Anyway, welcome to the board.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • razor1414 razor1414R
                      • 242 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      razor1414R razor1414 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Welcome to the board, but are you sure your ready for the pain and agony that comes with being a Browns fan. Its not an easy task.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • K Koa

                        Welcome to the board and happy to hear the Browns got a new fan.

                        Most will agree here that hiring Mangini was a good move. There is a lot of raw talent on this team (Josh Cribbs, Jerome Harrison, etc) and I think Mangini has the personality to expose their skills much better than Romeo, who earned a rapport as a stubborn veteran's coach.

                        lemosley01 L
                        • 689 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @koa said:

                        Welcome to the board and happy to hear the Browns got a new fan.

                        Most will agree here that hiring Mangini was a good move. There is a lot of raw talent on this team (Josh Cribbs, Jerome Harrison, etc) and I think Mangini has the personality to expose their skills much better than Romeo, who earned a rapport as a stubborn veteran's coach.

                        Lumbergh? Is that you?

                        Anyone know if Mangini has ANY ties to Oregon?

                        (j/k - welcome aboard).

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • samoth S
                          • 592 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          S samoth wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Man, it's the definition of a lateral move going from the Jets to the Browns.

                          medicinemanM J 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • onefellswoop7 onefellswoop7O
                            • 195 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I wonder if Oregon kicked Lums out so now he's terrorizing us?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • hoortaH hoorta

                              @jetsturncoat said:

                              So here i am writing on a Cleveland Browns message board, something i thought unimaginable at one point in time. Not because of the browns, but because i don't even post on the Jets message boards more than once a year (although i read what Jet fans right on a daily basis because of my sick addiction to the jets). Anyway I'll get to my point quick, Jet fans suck. Their owner sucks and their fans (at least most of the long island fans) are rude and ignorant people. While I've always rooted for the team because i had older step brothers who converted me in 1985 from a 7 year old Redskins fan, i have never loved the fans. Now their owner makes a money driven idiotic move and fires a guy who would have been the face of the franchise for a decade if he was given time to develop himself. But he wasn't, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to explain away the fact that the Jets were a disaster down the stretch mostly because of a complete lack of offensive game. Although I'm sure I'll watch them again, I'm mentally done with the Jets. As a Brewer fan i have always liked Cleveland, (remember your run at Miller Park?) so its not a stretch to start rooting for the Browns, plus lets face it, how many people of a high sports intellect are running to jump over to the Browns bandwagon right now? so i feel i can get in on the ground floor, after all, aren't some of you secret Raven fans pissed you were robbed of your entire squad? So if you'll welcome me in, I'll give you my 2 cents about Mangini and what i know about the game, i reported for multiple papers and online outlets including Yahoo Sports and KFFL so i do carry some credentials. I know a lot about Mangini and his staff to be and I'm happy to start talking football with a new group of dedicated passionate (and usually disappointed) fans such as myself. So lets talk some Browns football and maybe you can help break my addiction of the Jets.

                              Feedback Welcomed and Encouraged:

                              JetsTurncoat

                              Intelligent commentary is welcomed here. 🙂 Waiting to hear your take on Mangini- I agree it was Farve or Mangini, and the Jets owner made the wrong choice. Farve is a quick fix- not the long term solution at qb.

                              And I concur about your take on Jets fans- they were pretty obnoxious in the memorable '86 playoff game, until Kosar beat them in double OT. We actually tailgated with a bunch of Jets fans a couple of years ago- but I'll let Stan comment about their behavior, because I couldn't make it to that game.

                              roach R One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 80 Reputation
                              R roach wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @hoorta said:

                              And I concur about your take on Jets fans- they were pretty obnoxious in the memorable '86 playoff game, until Kosar beat them in double OT. We actually tailgated with a bunch of Jets fans a couple of years ago- but I'll let Stan comment about their behavior, because I couldn't make it to that game.

                              They were a blast and are welcome back anytime. In fact, the Browns played the Jets the following season in NY, and they invited us to join their pregame party. Unfortunately, none of us could make that trip.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Vegasdogg V
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 2 Reputation
                                V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Welcome to the board.

                                Here is my take: I am always leary of a fan who is now on his 3rd NFL team (first the Redskins, then the JETS, now the Browns.)

                                Not saying you're not allowed to switch. But as a Browns fan, I would never, ever think of ditching my team. It is not about thinking, I just can't do it. Not that I tried - I can't bring myself to even try. For some reason it is not an option.

                                Never will be.

                                "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • WVBrownsfan WVBrownsfanW
                                  • 219 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @winslow-s-urologist said:

                                  Browns fans love to rip on "bandwagon" Steeler fans, but will gladly accept a new hopper on their own wagon. Typical.

                                  Yeah, welcome!

                                  You're considered "bandwagon" fan when you start liking a team because they are winning. So if he wants to become a Browns fan I guess we can refer to him as a "paddy wagon" fan since you should be hauled away for wanting to root for this team. 😆 So jump on board there's plenty of room !

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Vegasdogg V
                                    • 1k Posts
                                    • 2 Reputation
                                    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @winslow-s-urologist said:

                                    Browns fans love to rip on "bandwagon" Steeler fans, but will gladly accept a new hopper on their own wagon. Typical.

                                    Yeah, welcome!

                                    What "hopper on to our wagon?" What wagon? Are you stoned? When you're good, that is when it is considered a "bandwagon."

                                    You know, like when you started liking the urine and black.

                                    "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • S samoth

                                      Man, it's the definition of a lateral move going from the Jets to the Browns.

                                      medicineman medicinemanM
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 185 Reputation
                                      medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by medicineman
                                      #18

                                      @samoth said:

                                      Man, it's the definition of a lateral move going from the Jets to the Browns.

                                      Maybe I'm just a crazy Browns fan, but the way I see it there are a few key differences. As a youthful 38 year-old making a strong name for himself in the league, a new chance to settle down somewhere and build a dynasty whilst making a fresh start in the place where he first got his beginnings under BB, with the chance to be the one to return Cleveland to greatness..... a rookie hometown QB w/ 2 years NFL experience and a franchise LT already in place....Phil Dawson kicking excellent and seemingly getting better every year.... a franchise nose tackle already in place and coming off a pro bowl year....with his understudy Ahtyba Rubin the prototypical nose already in place behind him, in his 2nd year, learning behind Rogers every snap......and those corners bawl hawking abilities--B-mac tied for 5th in the league w/ 5 ints after 17 starts,....among other things. Quinn, Hall, EW & BM, D'Q & KW, and many others are still clay to be molded....while K2, BE, Harrison, Cribbs, Joe T, Eric S, all signs look like they're all on the other side of their growing pains and adjusted to the NFL. Most of this teams starters are in years 5-6 mileage and experience-wise, not really young or old. I see them on the verge of breaking out.

                                      Not to oversimplify the game, but aren't all of the aforementioned pieces usually the most difficult? In all fairness I'm not familiar to the Jet counterparts to these but it seems like for a 3-4 guy, we are a nice fit for him, especially right now. He can walk in, slightly tweak, and come out looking like the total hero.

                                      And if he has looked closely he knows there are about 7 or 8 starters returning from IR. YAHTZEE!! How often does that happen? (Camp might beat the shit out of guys like Peek, Heiden, & Tucker though.)

                                      It's becoming to where they need to move toward more mud in the NFL just to slow down the game and extend players streaks between injuries.

                                      I bet Mangini's been sleeping like a baby these past few days--probably doesn't stop grinning when he's awake. Right now the Brown's organization is turnkey and just entering it's prime. It's not yet a winner but it's on the brink. And that's inside arguably the hardest division in the NFL.

                                      Cleveland plays on grass, outside, and has strong special teams. It gets cold here and you see every type of weather during the season.

                                      The history of the early Browns towers above Jet history and the city and fans here speak for themselves as well.

                                      Honestly, for someone only 38 I don't know if it gets any more ideal. If it works out he could be here forever. 😁

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DeadWombat D
                                        • 345 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by DeadWombat
                                        #19

                                        OK, well while some of you discuss band wagons, I'd like to ask a question.

                                        When I heard about Mangini, I went to the Jets board to look and see what the fans said about him. I didn't like what I saw. From what I read, a lot of people were happy to see him leave. There were remarks about his inability to learn from his mistakes and his mismanagement of the clock. Do you feel these are valid concerns or were the Jets fans still huffy about the Seahawks game and missing the playoffs?

                                        I do like to hear Mangini is a no-nonsense guy... I think certain wide receivers and tight ends :cough: might benefit from having a head coach with more tenacity than a teddy bear.

                                        mangini4lifeM 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • D DeadWombat

                                          OK, well while some of you discuss band wagons, I'd like to ask a question.

                                          When I heard about Mangini, I went to the Jets board to look and see what the fans said about him. I didn't like what I saw. From what I read, a lot of people were happy to see him leave. There were remarks about his inability to learn from his mistakes and his mismanagement of the clock. Do you feel these are valid concerns or were the Jets fans still huffy about the Seahawks game and missing the playoffs?

                                          I do like to hear Mangini is a no-nonsense guy... I think certain wide receivers and tight ends :cough: might benefit from having a head coach with more tenacity than a teddy bear.

                                          mangini4life mangini4lifeM
                                          • 42 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          mangini4lifeM mangini4life wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @deadwombat said:

                                          OK, well while some of you discuss band wagons, I'd like to ask a question.

                                          When I heard about Mangini, I went to the Jets board to look and see what the fans said about him. I didn't like what I saw. From what I read, a lot of people were happy to see him leave. There were remarks about his inability to learn from his mistakes and his mismanagement of the clock. Do you feel these are valid concerns or were the Jets fans still huffy about the Seahawks game and missing the playoffs?

                                          I do like to hear Mangini is a no-nonsense guy... I think certain wide receivers and tight ends :cough: might benefit from having a head coach with more tenacity than a teddy bear.

                                          mangini has made a few mistakes, but he is no herm edwards 2.0. he is one of the smartest coaches in the leauge, jets fans were absolutely in love with him after the tennesee game, and were wanting to butcher him after the 49er game next week, new york jets fans are obnoxious little fags specialy the ones from east coast

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate