Browns Resign D'qwell Jackson
-
-
-
From: Mary Kay Cabot
Breaking: Dqwell jackson's 5 year deal worth 42.5 million includes $19 million in guarantees and bonuses.
-
Only $19 million guaranteed over 5 years is perfect! Let's hope that he can earn the rest by staying healthy and getting some help at the OLB position..
-
Here is some more info:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/43091/browns-take-risk-by-signing-dqwell-jackson
My question is would it be so bad to franchise Hillis? A ton of sports writers say its a dumb idea for a number of reasons, and yes I think it would be overpaying. But, it would be overpaying only for 1 year. Yea lets try to get a reasonable 3 year deal done, but if not give the man 8 mill next year and fill another hole (or at least dont make a hole).. We have the cap room and the NFL is not like the MLB, this is not 8 million we wont be able to spend in the future, in fact, in the future, we will be forced to spend most of our cap room.
Id feel comfortable franchising Hillis, and going into next year with him, Hardesty, and a healthy Brandon Jackson (dont forget about him!), maybe draft a speedster in the 4th or keep Ogbonnaya...
We arent gonna sign Mario Williams, Desean Jackson, or Peyton Manning (if you think we will or have a shot at this you are a moron), so we will have the cap room to spend... why not? The only thing I can think of is that we need it for Flynn maybe?
-
good first move on hopefully a long list of good offseason moves
-
I hope Hillis plays for us this season.
Pay him 8 mil and I could see him sitting on his ass getting fat eating bonbons to soothe his "sore throat"
-
I hope Hillis plays for us this season.
Pay him 8 mil and I could see him sitting on his ass getting fat eating bonbons to soothe his "sore throat"
I hope Hillis plays for us this season.
Pay him 8 mil and I could see him sitting on his ass getting fat eating bonbons to soothe his "sore throat"
He does that and he will not get a multimillion dollar long term contract.. Teams have a short term memory with RBs because they are a dime a dozen.. I think he may have realized he made some mistakes dealing with his first time in the national spotlight and might come out with something to prove next year and surprise us.. If not, he is a good short yardage back that is overpaid for one year...
-
I hope he lives up to the paycheck. So far, I don't think he has.
-
-
I dont understand why we keep overpaying to keep our own guys. I am all about taking care of the guys in house but Gocong is making like 6 mil and now Jackson will be making 8.5 per. Where does this put us cap wise? If we had 11 mil at the end of the season and we signed Jackson for 8.5 and were working on a deal with hillis for some where around 5 we would be over the cap.
-
-
Appreciate it Tour2ma.
I looked up some of the cuts we may make this offseason
Stienbach- saves 4.5 mil
Pashos- saves 3 mil
Wallace- saves 3 mil
S.Brown- saves 4 mil
Fujita- saves 4 mil
18.5 mil on top of what we have looks pretty nice.
-
-
I dont understand why we keep overpaying to keep our own guys. I am all about taking care of the guys in house but Gocong is making like 6 mil and now Jackson will be making 8.5 per. Where does this put us cap wise? If we had 11 mil at the end of the season and we signed Jackson for 8.5 and were working on a deal with hillis for some where around 5 we would be over the cap.
I dont understand why we keep overpaying to keep our own guys. I am all about taking care of the guys in house but Gocong is making like 6 mil and now Jackson will be making 8.5 per. Where does this put us cap wise? If we had 11 mil at the end of the season and we signed Jackson for 8.5 and were working on a deal with hillis for some where around 5 we would be over the cap.
To keep a guy with 158 tackles, WTF.
-
People are idiots and this thread is full of them. Why do we pay perfoming plays money they earned. How stupid we give this guy any guaranteed money at all. This guy is making 19 million guaranteed over 5 years, he has to earn the rest. Plus if he does get injured, cut him lose and save some of that 19 million. If he ends up making that whole 46 million then he will have performed at a high level and stayed healthy and I am fine with that.
-
If we franchised Jackson we would have been paying him 7.7 mil, does Jackson belong in the list of names in the top 5 LBers? Not a chance, but we pay him like he is a franchise player.
I dont think Jackson is a bad player but his stats dont match his game. He doesnt create plays, hes not disruptive, he makes alot of slop tackles.
Keep in mind we were 30th in the league against the run last year, some of that falls on the shoulders of the MLB.
-
If we franchised Jackson we would have been paying him 7.7 mil, does Jackson belong in the list of names in the top 5 LBers? Not a chance, but we pay him like he is a franchise player.
I dont think Jackson is a bad player but his stats dont match his game. He doesnt create plays, hes not disruptive, he makes alot of slop tackles.
Keep in mind we were 30th in the league against the run last year, some of that falls on the shoulders of the MLB.
If we franchised Jackson we would have been paying him 7.7 mil, does Jackson belong in the list of names in the top 5 LBers? Not a chance, but we pay him like he is a franchise player.
I dont think Jackson is a bad player but his stats dont match his game. He doesnt create plays, hes not disruptive, he makes alot of slop tackles.
Keep in mind we were 30th in the league against the run last year, some of that falls on the shoulders of the MLB.
funny how pro football had him ranked as the 4th best MLB against the run last year and how he lead all MLB in tackles for loss isn't it.
-
Check MLB off the list!
Draft or trade for a FAST OLB.
Fujita is nearly as old as me and Maiva, well, his name just reminds me of Peter Maivia, the Rock's grandaddy.
That and he is NOT fast.
-
Check MLB off the list!
Draft or trade for a FAST OLB.
Fujita is nearly as old as me and Maiva, well, his name just reminds me of Peter Maivia, the Rock's grandaddy.
That and he is NOT fast.
c-dawg said:
Check MLB off the list!
Draft or trade for a FAST OLB.
Fujita is nearly as old as me and Maiva, well, his name just reminds me of Peter Maivia, the Rock's grandaddy.
That and he is NOT fast.
And Maiva's Great Grand Daddy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login