Skip to content

Another Rg3 Blow A Knee Thread

The Browns Board
84 18 3.3k
  • @the-gipper said:

    RED= exactly. If he turns out to be as good as JJ thinks he is- we get another Aaron Rodgers level quarterback- the naysayers are going to forget real fast what we gave up to get him.

    But, if like 55% of QBs taken in the top 5 historically that are total busts, we have cost ourselves 3-4 potential Pro Bowl players.

    Maybe that is why....despite owning property in Las Vegas I am not big of a gambler.

    I like better odds. I say we have better odds of hitting on good players with the 3-4 picks that everyone wants us to give up than we have on getting a jackpot with that one player that all those picks would be used on.

    I really hate that logic. Who in the history of the draft nabbed 3-4 pro bowl players with a couple of first rounders and a second? It just doesn't happen like that. You have a much Bette chance of drafting one long term starter and a couple of guys who hold a spot for a couple of seasons.

    Even the Dallas Cowboys and their 33 (that's not a typo) picks over two years - on he heels of the Herschel Walker trade drafted only three multi Pro Bowlers*:

    #9 in Round 2 in 1992 - Darren Woodson

    #15 in Round 3 in 1991 - Erik Williams

    #6 in Round 7 in 1991 - Leon Lett

    *The Cowboys traded Minnesota's 1st round pick in the 1990 draft in combination with others to draft Emmitt Smith.

    The rest were largely role players and short termers.

    The success of Cowboys Dynasty in actuality, didn't have nearly as much to do with the cache of picks liberated from the Minnesota Vikings, as it had to do with the fact that they nabbed a legit star of a quarterback with their own pick in 1989, held on to a couple of pieces, and simply added some complementary players over the next couple of seasons.

    Oh, and you might get lucky and trade up to draft a linebacker only to have the Bengals take him one pick earlier and get stuck drafting one of he most durable and effective running backs in the history of football.

    -jj

    @jason-j said:

    I really hate that logic.

    Perhaps you just hate logic?

    Who in the history of the draft nabbed 3-4 pro bowl players with a couple of first rounders and a second?

    The Cleveland Browns...1978 Mattews and Newsome.

    The Pittsburgh Steelers (1974 drafted 4 Hall of Famers).

    Those are just off the top of my head. I suspect there were any number of others.

    It just doesn't happen like that. You have a much Bette chance of drafting one long term starter and a couple of guys who hold a spot for a couple of seasons.

    Even the Dallas Cowboys and their 33 (that's not a typo) picks over two years - on he heels of the Herschel Walker trade drafted only three multi Pro Bowlers*:

    #9 in Round 2 in 1992 - Darren Woodson

    #15 in Round 3 in 1991 - Erik Williams

    #6 in Round 7 in 1991 - Leon Lett

    *The Cowboys traded Minnesota's 1st round pick in the 1990 draft in combination with others to draft Emmitt Smith.

    The rest were largely role players and short termers.

    The success of Cowboys Dynasty in actuality, didn't have nearly as much to do with the cache of picks liberated from the Minnesota Vikings, as it had to do with the fact that they nabbed a legit star of a quarterback with their own pick in 1989, held on to a couple of pieces, and simply added some complementary players over the next couple of seasons.

    OK, they got lucky, just like any number of other teams got unlucky. Troy Aikman could have turned out to be Jeff George or Rick Mirer or Heath Shuler.

    Oh, and you might get lucky and trade up to draft a linebacker only to have the Bengals take him one pick earlier and get stuck drafting one of he most durable and effective running backs in the history of football.

    -jj

  • I don't understand people's reasonings.

    Not trading up to get RG3 does not mean we're going to trade down and stockpile 5th round picks. To even use that as an argument completely discredits anything else you might say.

  • @bills-n-browns-fan said:

    You just compared RG3 to Tim Tebow...please be quiet and let the adults speak.

    This statement is coming from someone who cannot decide what team to root for.

    Oh brother, you need to go watch that shitty hilight video some rg3 knob sucker posted on friday. It made RG look like Brady Queen. He was way off target unless the WR blew past the safety which only happened one time. other than that he was not even close on more than half of his passes. IMO and I know you dont want to hear it RG is another over hyped QB. I'm not apologizing because I have my doubts over this move.

    If you are so sure about your analysis of his talents then maybe the Browns or Bills should hire you as a talent scout. I'm sure they will enjoy the input coming from your D.I.D.

    @mr.-t said:

    This statement is coming from someone who cannot decide what team to root for.

    Oh brother, you need to go watch that shitty hilight video some rg3 knob sucker posted on friday. It made RG look like Brady Queen. He was way off target unless the WR blew past the safety which only happened one time. other than that he was not even close on more than half of his passes. IMO and I know you dont want to hear it RG is another over hyped QB. I'm not apologizing because I have my doubts over this move.

    If you are so sure about your analysis of his talents then maybe the Browns or Bills should hire you as a talent scout. I'm sure they will enjoy the input coming from your D.I.D.

    Listen, I'm not really a fan for trading up, but I hate it when people just find excuses to hate on the guy...kinda like you are right now.

  • The question is will H&H blow away all of their work from previous trades on one player.

    Blown knee Rg3 is not worth the risk

    @mr.-t said:

    The question is will H&H blow away all of their work from previous trades on one player.

    Blown knee Rg3 is not worth the risk

    Ummm...okay well RGIII has blown his knee a couple of years ago. He's a track runner as well so I'm sure his knee is back to normal. Everyone is acting like he blown his knee two weeks before Combine. It' really not that serious. Even the greatest has injured themselves before but has made an incredible comeback. For example, (I know this example is about basketball...but) look at Kobe Bryant. He broke his nose, he has a bad wrist, and he had bad knees (until he went to Germany to have the pain taken away) and he is playing one of the best games he has played in his 16 season with the Lakers.

    If Kobe can still play with injuries, then RGIII can play with a blown knee that happend years ago! Everyone just needs to give RGBIII a try and let him prove to everyone what he is made of.