Anderson's contract solved
-
Good post, Lum. Amazing what actually talking football does for you.
So it's only "fully guaranteed" in the sense that it counts against the cap? Okay. Not a HUGE deal, since the actual money CAN be saved.
I think the only way DA stays is if Mangini wants to (or is allowed to) actually give DA a shot to play.
I just don't see that happening. It seems pretty clear Lerner has weighed in and BQ will be given his shot.
Which means DA accepts being a backup (doutbful) or is gone. I'm betting he's gone.
-
The $5M bonus is NOT guaranteed...other monies are TOTALLING $5M. So, if the Browns pay the $5M, they are now on the tab for $10M.
you may be right here, and what you just laid out is what I told you earlier from "my source"
This all may be moot since there's a good possibility that Anderson wants no part of the City of Cleveland anymore.
Add to that the Vikings, Niners, and Bucs have all publicly stating that they will acquire a new QB. As well as the usual bottom dwelling teams that always need a QB.
Hell Anderson's agent may already have a deal worked out. That would explain how that Lombardi guy "KNEW" that Anderson was going to be gone soon.
Point is, Anderson won't get cut. No way. No how. Never was even an option. I just like to rub it in to the folks who hate DA so much for keeping Quinn on the bench that they want to see him punished for it.
you may be right here, and what you just laid out is what I told you earlier from "my source"
This all may be moot since there's a good possibility that Anderson wants no part of the City of Cleveland anymore.
Add to that the Vikings, Niners, and Bucs have all publicly stating that they will acquire a new QB. As well as the usual bottom dwelling teams that always need a QB.
Hell Anderson's agent may already have a deal worked out. That would explain how that Lombardi guy "KNEW" that Anderson was going to be gone soon.
Point is, Anderson won't get cut. No way. No how. Never was even an option. I just like to rub it in to the folks who hate DA so much for keeping Quinn on the bench that they want to see him punished for it.
Your mancrush on DA is clouding your vision- anytime you have a #1 pick qb sitting on the bench and a 'pro bowl qb' shitting the bed its going cause a controversey.
Hate DA? Fans just want to win and the Browns were not winning. Everyone here has accepted that DA has his usefulness but the fact remains if you can't win in Cleveland you will be ridden out of town by the fans. BQ will suffer the same fate if he falters or chokes as did his predecessor.
Your leadership in the DA fanclub may be noble in your eyes, but has turned you to a rambling, reaching poster, looking for respect in all the wrong places.
-
The $5M bonus is NOT guaranteed...other monies are TOTALLING $5M. So, if the Browns pay the $5M, they are now on the tab for $10M.
you may be right here, and what you just laid out is what I told you earlier from "my source"
This all may be moot since there's a good possibility that Anderson wants no part of the City of Cleveland anymore.
Add to that the Vikings, Niners, and Bucs have all publicly stating that they will acquire a new QB. As well as the usual bottom dwelling teams that always need a QB.
Hell Anderson's agent may already have a deal worked out. That would explain how that Lombardi guy "KNEW" that Anderson was going to be gone soon.
Point is, Anderson won't get cut. No way. No how. Never was even an option. I just like to rub it in to the folks who hate DA so much for keeping Quinn on the bench that they want to see him punished for it.
you may be right here, and what you just laid out is what I told you earlier from "my source"
This all may be moot since there's a good possibility that Anderson wants no part of the City of Cleveland anymore.
Add to that the Vikings, Niners, and Bucs have all publicly stating that they will acquire a new QB. As well as the usual bottom dwelling teams that always need a QB.
Hell Anderson's agent may already have a deal worked out. That would explain how that Lombardi guy "KNEW" that Anderson was going to be gone soon.
Point is, Anderson won't get cut. No way. No how. Never was even an option. I just like to rub it in to the folks who hate DA so much for keeping Quinn on the bench that they want to see him punished for it.
I don't think anyone cares if he is "punished" or not. As long as he gets the hell out of Cleveland!!
-
Good post, Lum. Amazing what actually talking football does for you.
So it's only "fully guaranteed" in the sense that it counts against the cap? Okay. Not a HUGE deal, since the actual money CAN be saved.
I think the only way DA stays is if Mangini wants to (or is allowed to) actually give DA a shot to play.
I just don't see that happening. It seems pretty clear Lerner has weighed in and BQ will be given his shot.
Which means DA accepts being a backup (doutbful) or is gone. I'm betting he's gone.
Good post, Lum. Amazing what actually talking football does for you.
So it's only "fully guaranteed" in the sense that it counts against the cap? Okay. Not a HUGE deal, since the actual money CAN be saved.
I think the only way DA stays is if Mangini wants to (or is allowed to) actually give DA a shot to play.
I just don't see that happening. It seems pretty clear Lerner has weighed in and BQ will be given his shot.
Which means DA accepts being a backup (doutbful) or is gone. I'm betting he's gone.
Mangini told Lerner in his interview that he could win with Quinn. I believe that's waht Randy wanted to hear.
-
you may be right here, and what you just laid out is what I told you earlier from "my source"
This all may be moot since there's a good possibility that Anderson wants no part of the City of Cleveland anymore.
Add to that the Vikings, Niners, and Bucs have all publicly stating that they will acquire a new QB. As well as the usual bottom dwelling teams that always need a QB.
Hell Anderson's agent may already have a deal worked out. That would explain how that Lombardi guy "KNEW" that Anderson was going to be gone soon.
Point is, Anderson won't get cut. No way. No how. Never was even an option. I just like to rub it in to the folks who hate DA so much for keeping Quinn on the bench that they want to see him punished for it.
I don't think anyone cares if he is "punished" or not. As long as he gets the hell out of Cleveland!!
I don't think anyone cares if he is "punished" or not.
Right.
I'm betting most here want the Browns to use Anderson to their advantage, whatever that may be. If it's getting a 4th or 5th round pick and eating some cash - so be it.
Seeing Anderson suffer does nothing for anyone here, IMHO.
I'd like to see him back in the NW. Plenty of support for him up there I'd imagine.
-
Good post, Lum. Amazing what actually talking football does for you.
So it's only "fully guaranteed" in the sense that it counts against the cap? Okay. Not a HUGE deal, since the actual money CAN be saved.
I think the only way DA stays is if Mangini wants to (or is allowed to) actually give DA a shot to play.
I just don't see that happening. It seems pretty clear Lerner has weighed in and BQ will be given his shot.
Which means DA accepts being a backup (doutbful) or is gone. I'm betting he's gone.
Mangini told Lerner in his interview that he could win with Quinn. I believe that's waht Randy wanted to hear.
Mangini told Lerner in his interview that he could win with Quinn. I believe that's waht Randy wanted to hear.
There has never been any doubt that Randy Lerner is a full fledged member of BQ Nation.
-
Mangini told Lerner in his interview that he could win with Quinn. I believe that's waht Randy wanted to hear.
There has never been any doubt that Randy Lerner is a full fledged member of BQ Nation.
-
Mangini told Lerner in his interview that he could win with Quinn. I believe that's waht Randy wanted to hear.
There has never been any doubt that Randy Lerner is a full fledged member of BQ Nation.
There has never been any doubt that Randy Lerner is a full fledged member of BQ Nation.
BQ or no BQ...It makes absolutely NO difference! If the Browns decided to go draft a QB or sign one in FA or even trade for one, so be it. The bottom line is that your boy Anderson proved only one thing here in C-town...He is NOTHING MORE THAN A BACKUP QB. When teams gameplan for him, he can't cut it. The only time he succeeded was when he had absolutely no pressure or expectations on him. He could not handle himself as a starter here. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he does turn out to be a good QB...SOMEWHERE ELSE! He has not been good here except for about the first half of the '07 season. I have no hate for DA...His time here is just over. If BQ is good enough, then great. If not, then he can go too! Cleveland fans simply want a winner! It hasn't been DA. BQ will get his shot. Hopefully, and you've even said it, he does well. Cleveland deserves it. Hopefully, DA does well wherever he ends up!
-
Anderson is guaranteed 14.5 mil.
8 mil has already been paid.
The rest of the guarantee.....is a 5 mil roster bonus due in March, and a 1.5 mil salary for 2009.
If the Browns were to cut Anderson they would have to pay him the 6.5 mil and they would also take a 6.5 mil cap hit in 2009.
None of 2010 is guaranteed, neither the roster bonus nor the salary.
In related news....shep's "left nut" just got nervous.
Anderson is guaranteed 14.5 mil.
8 mil has already been paid.
The rest of the guarantee.....is a 5 mil roster bonus due in March, and a 1.5 mil salary for 2009.
If the Browns were to cut Anderson they would have to pay him the 6.5 mil and they would also take a 6.5 mil cap hit in 2009.
None of 2010 is guaranteed, neither the roster bonus nor the salary.
In related news....shep's "left nut" just got nervous.
Honestly, why do you really care? I dont understand your points, ever. Why do you hang on to DA so much and basically root against the Browns, how can one person be such a fan of one person, Are you his lover? I really dont even get it. If DA is traded, will you leave? Please tell me you are not a Browns fan and just a fan for DA. If you honestly are a Browns fan, then you are a homer....rooting for someone so much just to prove a point and end up rooting against your team
-
@shepwrite said:
A couple months back, somebody here C&P'd an actual real article summing this up. The point was that if the Browns choose not to pay the five mill roster bonus, Anderson becomes a free agent. That's why it's a roster bonus. They compared it to Stallworth and Williams' deals, too.you're probably talking about Florio's original incorrect article calling it a one-year deal.
That old article was wrong and set BQ Nation onto Cloud-9 which they have been slow to come down from as they try to trick themselves into looking past those big black letters that say "14.5 mil guaranteed"
-
Anderson is guaranteed 14.5 mil.
8 mil has already been paid.
The rest of the guarantee.....is a 5 mil roster bonus due in March, and a 1.5 mil salary for 2009.
If the Browns were to cut Anderson they would have to pay him the 6.5 mil and they would also take a 6.5 mil cap hit in 2009.
None of 2010 is guaranteed, neither the roster bonus nor the salary.
In related news....shep's "left nut" just got nervous.
Honestly, why do you really care? I dont understand your points, ever. Why do you hang on to DA so much and basically root against the Browns, how can one person be such a fan of one person, Are you his lover? I really dont even get it. If DA is traded, will you leave? Please tell me you are not a Browns fan and just a fan for DA. If you honestly are a Browns fan, then you are a homer....rooting for someone so much just to prove a point and end up rooting against your team
If you honestly are a Browns fan, then you are a homer....rooting for someone so much just to prove a point and end up rooting against your team
That's a good point and I often wonder if anybody ever explained that to the 70,000+ who filled the stadium every Sunday intent on booing every play that DA was in the game and getting chants of BRAY-DEE started.
Apparently you haven't had the chance to speak with any of those folks yet.
-
If you honestly are a Browns fan, then you are a homer....rooting for someone so much just to prove a point and end up rooting against your team
That's a good point and I often wonder if anybody ever explained that to the 70,000+ who filled the stadium every Sunday intent on booing every play that DA was in the game and getting chants of BRAY-DEE started.
Apparently you haven't had the chance to speak with any of those folks yet.
That's a good point and I often wonder if anybody ever explained that to the 70,000+ who filled the stadium every Sunday intent on booing every play that DA was in the game and getting chants of BRAY-DEE started.
Apparently you haven't had the chance to speak with any of those folks yet.
You are completely right about those fans that booed DA. But that doen't make you right for dogging BQ the way you do. It only makes you just as guilty as them!
And, believe it or not, there are a lot of Browns fans, even on this board, that do not care who the QB is and will support any QB as long as they are winning. I stated in an earlier post, I wish DA the best. He didn't have it here and BQ may not either. We Browns fans will find out soon. I just hope that we get a winning QB soon if BQ isn't it!
-
@inspecta said:
DA hadn't played a good game since the Giants game, shit the bed in every game since, yet you can't come to grips with it. Except after that first Baltimore game, do you remember that? For a brief moment, for about 20 minutes you were an actual Browns fan and called for DA to be benched, you know for what was best for the team.That's what seperates you from us, you would much rather watch DA start and lose 16 games then to watch him ride the pine at all.
You don't have the Browns best interests at heart, only DA.
Do you think if DA was playing well anybody would be chanting Brady? Seriously?
But in your delusional mind you probably do, you think that we're so hell bent on seeing Quinn play that we would boo Otto or Bernie, that's how effin' stupid you are, and how seriously and irrevocably out of touch you are with REAL Browns fans.
Now ignore this post like every other post where I choke slam your stupid logic.
Spec your wasting type on this asshole...Hes here only to stoke the Ire of True Browns Fans cuz that how he gets his Ya'Ya's off...Hes a born DA Masturbator if there ever was one...
-
@inspecta said:
DA hadn't played a good game since the Giants game, shit the bed in every game since,After the Browns beat the Giants they also beat Jacksonville and Anderson hadn't thrown an INT in almost 150 throws. That's when Stallworth and Winslow were out and Jamal hadn't gone for more than 62 yds in any game all year.
If Quinn had done that you'd be comparing him to Otto Graham.
Instead you're stuck pimping the LOSS to Denver and their worst D in the league as the greatest achievement in QB play in team history.
Stop making me prove your faggotyness over and over, fag.
-
@inspecta said:
Do you think if DA was playing well anybody would be chanting Brady? Seriously?What are you deaf? Did you have your earplugs in and your TV on mute through the 2007 season?
Not only do I know it would happen, I've seen it happen in the past, fag.
-
@inspecta said:
Do you think if DA was playing well anybody would be chanting Brady? Seriously?What are you deaf? Did you have your earplugs in and your TV on mute through the 2007 season?
Not only do I know it would happen, I've seen it happen in the past, fag.
I've seen it happen in the past, fag.
"Past" being the operative term here, of course.
"Past," referring to "before teams got a look at him on film."
"Past," referring to "once teams figured he was a one-trick pony, he was worthless."
That's the sort of "past" you're referring to, eh?
-
"Past" referring to back before BQ ever got on the field and everybody thought he was gonna be good.
"Past" referring to the Detroit preseason debacle that was conviently swept under the rug by BQ Nation.
-
Actually, even 14 year olds don't say "fag". That's so 80s.
They say "gay". As in "this thread has quickly become _____".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login