Mangini had the healthiest team in the NFL last year
-
Opposed to bringing a guy in and having respect, liking, and naming your kid after him can very easily be two different things. Not saying that is the case, but that's a shakey connection to try and draw.
Winning seasons in 2 of your 3 seasons as a first time HC ain't bad, no matter how you slice it. Including beating the Patriots twice in their own stadium.
Masters said:
Opposed to bringing a guy in and having respect, liking, and naming your kid after him can very easily be two different things. Not saying that is the case, but that's a shakey connection to try and draw.Read the article and you'll see that Mangini stated very clearly that he wanted Favre because he thought he'd be an important addition to the team that season, and important to Mangini's own "football life".
Later in the season, when Mangini was shocked to discover that Favre was prone to making INTs, he was a little less chummy with Brett, but if you're assessing Mangini's personnel decision making abilities, I'd say this is a big one.
-
I still don't think bringing Brett in was a terrible idea. They were 8-3 at one point, including beating the PATs in Foxboro, TEN, and in 1st place. When Brett started to hurt, he pressed and made more mistakes, as well as wasn't able to get the ball into the spots he normally could. If Brett's arm didn't get hurt (which we all now know it was and for the last 5 weeks of the season), maybe it's a whole different story.
Hindsight is always 20/20. I am sure GB didn't envision becoming a sub .500 team after trading Brett either.
-
-
Shall I point out all the threads and statements here with Browns fans defending Mangni by saying that he didn't want Favre and was opposed to bringing him in?
Whether other experts agreed or disagreed with Favre isn't really the point either.
There's a lot of fans here who don't seem to know that Mangini was a BIG supporter of bringing in Favre and are actually trying to convince themselves that he was OPPOSED to bringing him in.
You might want to correct them in the future so I won't have to.
-
Shall I point out all the threads and statements here with Browns fans defending Mangni by saying that he didn't want Favre and was opposed to bringing him in?
Whether other experts agreed or disagreed with Favre isn't really the point either.
There's a lot of fans here who don't seem to know that Mangini was a BIG supporter of bringing in Favre and are actually trying to convince themselves that he was OPPOSED to bringing him in.
You might want to correct them in the future so I won't have to.
Shall I point out all the threads and statements here with Browns fans defending Mangni by saying that he didn't want Favre and was opposed to bringing him in?
Whether other experts agreed or disagreed with Favre isn't really the point either.
There's a lot of fans here who don't seem to know that Mangini was a BIG supporter of bringing in Favre and are actually trying to convince themselves that he was OPPOSED to bringing him in.
You might want to correct them in the future so I won't have to.
Why don't you move out of your mama's basement and get a life...............................loser
-
Zombo said:
Wasn't there a loser Steeler troll named "Joe SixPack"? What is it about naming oneself after a sextuplet of beer (or is it some gay "abs" reference?) that makes one troll other teams' boards looking for some sort of validation in life?Although, I do like the fact that, all of the sudden, the Raiders, Pats and Jets all seem to hate us. Maybe we can win the AFC next year and piss the rest of them off too.
Mangini seems like some sort of nerd magnet though.
Zombo
It's the Mangina nickname.
It gets these guys? all confused even more about their sexuality.
-
Zombo said:
Wasn't there a loser Steeler troll named "Joe SixPack"? What is it about naming oneself after a sextuplet of beer (or is it some gay "abs" reference?) that makes one troll other teams' boards looking for some sort of validation in life?Although, I do like the fact that, all of the sudden, the Raiders, Pats and Jets all seem to hate us. Maybe we can win the AFC next year and piss the rest of them off too.
Mangini seems like some sort of nerd magnet though.
Zombo
I will help you understand. The Browns play in the NFL. Every team in the NFL try to win the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers won this 5 times. They have a good chance at winning it a 6th time. Hence "Joe SIX Pack". Just incase you are wondering, the Browns never even made it to a super Bowl.
-
Zombo said:
Wasn't there a loser Steeler troll named "Joe SixPack"? What is it about naming oneself after a sextuplet of beer (or is it some gay "abs" reference?) that makes one troll other teams' boards looking for some sort of validation in life?Although, I do like the fact that, all of the sudden, the Raiders, Pats and Jets all seem to hate us. Maybe we can win the AFC next year and piss the rest of them off too.
Mangini seems like some sort of nerd magnet though.
Zombo
I will help you understand. The Browns play in the NFL. Every team in the NFL try to win the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers won this 5 times. They have a good chance at winning it a 6th time. Hence "Joe SIX Pack". Just incase you are wondering, the Browns never even made it to a super Bowl.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
I will help you understand. The Browns play in the NFL. Every team in the NFL try to win the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers won this 5 times. They have a good chance at winning it a 6th time. Hence "Joe SIX Pack". Just incase you are wondering, the Browns never even made it to a super Bowl.Hey Peaches, can you remind us again how much the Stillers dominated the NFL prior to 1972 and Clevelander Chuck Noll/ Kent State product Jackie Lambert?
Thanks
-
Zombo said:
Wasn't there a loser Steeler troll named "Joe SixPack"? What is it about naming oneself after a sextuplet of beer (or is it some gay "abs" reference?) that makes one troll other teams' boards looking for some sort of validation in life?Although, I do like the fact that, all of the sudden, the Raiders, Pats and Jets all seem to hate us. Maybe we can win the AFC next year and piss the rest of them off too.
Mangini seems like some sort of nerd magnet though.
Zombo
I will help you understand. The Browns play in the NFL. Every team in the NFL try to win the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers won this 5 times. They have a good chance at winning it a 6th time. Hence "Joe SIX Pack". Just incase you are wondering, the Browns never even made it to a super Bowl.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
I will help you understand. The Browns play in the NFL. Every team in the NFL try to win the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers won this 5 times. They have a good chance at winning it a 6th time. Hence "Joe SIX Pack". Just incase you are wondering, the Browns never even made it to a super Bowl.Another pimpledick to join the trolls. One more and they can have a circle jerk.
-
Zombo said:
Wasn't there a loser Steeler troll named "Joe SixPack"? What is it about naming oneself after a sextuplet of beer (or is it some gay "abs" reference?) that makes one troll other teams' boards looking for some sort of validation in life?Although, I do like the fact that, all of the sudden, the Raiders, Pats and Jets all seem to hate us. Maybe we can win the AFC next year and piss the rest of them off too.
Mangini seems like some sort of nerd magnet though.
Zombo
I will help you understand. The Browns play in the NFL. Every team in the NFL try to win the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers won this 5 times. They have a good chance at winning it a 6th time. Hence "Joe SIX Pack". Just incase you are wondering, the Browns never even made it to a super Bowl.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
I will help you understand. The Browns play in the NFL. Every team in the NFL try to win the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers won this 5 times. They have a good chance at winning it a 6th time. Hence "Joe SIX Pack". Just incase you are wondering, the Browns never even made it to a super Bowl.Thank you, Mr.Obvious can't slip anything past you,can we?
-
Circle jerks are cool, but Yinzers generally kick ass at those things.
-
Shall I point out all the threads and statements here with Browns fans defending Mangni by saying that he didn't want Favre and was opposed to bringing him in?
Whether other experts agreed or disagreed with Favre isn't really the point either.
There's a lot of fans here who don't seem to know that Mangini was a BIG supporter of bringing in Favre and are actually trying to convince themselves that he was OPPOSED to bringing him in.
You might want to correct them in the future so I won't have to.
Shall I point out all the threads and statements here with Browns fans defending Mangni by saying that he didn't want Favre and was opposed to bringing him in?
Whether other experts agreed or disagreed with Favre isn't really the point either.
There's a lot of fans here who don't seem to know that Mangini was a BIG supporter of bringing in Favre and are actually trying to convince themselves that he was OPPOSED to bringing him in.
You might want to correct them in the future so I won't have to.
Shall I point out the # of threads you have started about Mangini on this board in the past 3 days?
Your like Ray Finkle w/ his obsession with Marino. Obsess much?
-
Shall I point out all the threads and statements here with Browns fans defending Mangni by saying that he didn't want Favre and was opposed to bringing him in?
Whether other experts agreed or disagreed with Favre isn't really the point either.
There's a lot of fans here who don't seem to know that Mangini was a BIG supporter of bringing in Favre and are actually trying to convince themselves that he was OPPOSED to bringing him in.
You might want to correct them in the future so I won't have to.
Shall I point out the # of threads you have started about Mangini on this board in the past 3 days?
Your like Ray Finkle w/ his obsession with Marino. Obsess much?
Masters said:
Shall I point out the # of threads you have started about Mangini on this board in the past 3 days?Your like Ray Finkle w/ his obsession with Marino. Obsess much?
OK - I'll admit ignorance on this one. I have no idea who Ray Finkle is. Take a bow because you've demonstrated your command of football knowledge on that one.
-
Masters said:
Shall I point out the # of threads you have started about Mangini on this board in the past 3 days?Your like Ray Finkle w/ his obsession with Marino. Obsess much?
OK - I'll admit ignorance on this one. I have no idea who Ray Finkle is. Take a bow because you've demonstrated your command of football knowledge on that one.
OK - I'll admit ignorance on this one.
Just this one? Because there are so many others sadly going unclaimed...
-
OK - I'll admit ignorance on this one.
Just this one? Because there are so many others sadly going unclaimed...
mz. said:
Just this one? Because there are so many others sadly going unclaimed...I googled Ray Finkle and Dan Marino.
Are you actually thinking you've impressed your fellow football fans with your ability to quote Jim Carey movies that target pre-pubescent teens?
Please - attempt to mock me some more! -
Masters said:
Opposed to bringing a guy in and having respect, liking, and naming your kid after him can very easily be two different things. Not saying that is the case, but that's a shakey connection to try and draw.Read the article and you'll see that Mangini stated very clearly that he wanted Favre because he thought he'd be an important addition to the team that season, and important to Mangini's own "football life".
Later in the season, when Mangini was shocked to discover that Favre was prone to making INTs, he was a little less chummy with Brett, but if you're assessing Mangini's personnel decision making abilities, I'd say this is a big one.
Read the article and you'll see that Mangini stated very clearly that he wanted Favre because he thought he'd be an important addition to the team that season, and important to Mangini's own "football life".
Later in the season, when Mangini was shocked to discover that Favre was prone to making INTs, he was a little less chummy with Brett, but if you're assessing Mangini's personnel decision making abilities, I'd say this is a big one.
If Favre isn't injured, he doesn't go 1TD/7ints. You act like his implosion was imminent - it really wasn't until he got injured. I'm sure Mangini was smart enough to know he is prone to turnovers (he'd seen it up to that point as it was). There is more to that story than you know, despite the fact you think you 'know it all'.
I was aware of the story about his son, but hadn't heard the entire thing.
I can say he was a victim of an owner and GM apparently trying to put asses into the seats for the new stadium. You act like he was completely to blame - looking from the outside in, he wasn't.
Yeah, Manging was the mastermind behind the 140million dollary spending-spree, just like Romeo Crennel spent all the money of FAs for Cleveland.
If all you're here to do is 'educate' us about how the coach sucks, go the xxxx away.
-
mz. said:
Just this one? Because there are so many others sadly going unclaimed...I googled Ray Finkle and Dan Marino.
Are you actually thinking you've impressed your fellow football fans with your ability to quote Jim Carey movies that target pre-pubescent teens?
Please - attempt to mock me some more!I googled Ray Finkle and Dan Marino.
Are you actually thinking you've impressed your fellow football fans with your ability to quote Jim Carey movies that target pre-pubescent teens?
Please - attempt to mock me some more!I think I've mocked you plenty since it made you google it to even get it. Though some how I think you still missed the point.
-
Read the article and you'll see that Mangini stated very clearly that he wanted Favre because he thought he'd be an important addition to the team that season, and important to Mangini's own "football life".
Later in the season, when Mangini was shocked to discover that Favre was prone to making INTs, he was a little less chummy with Brett, but if you're assessing Mangini's personnel decision making abilities, I'd say this is a big one.
If Favre isn't injured, he doesn't go 1TD/7ints. You act like his implosion was imminent - it really wasn't until he got injured. I'm sure Mangini was smart enough to know he is prone to turnovers (he'd seen it up to that point as it was). There is more to that story than you know, despite the fact you think you 'know it all'.
I was aware of the story about his son, but hadn't heard the entire thing.
I can say he was a victim of an owner and GM apparently trying to put asses into the seats for the new stadium. You act like he was completely to blame - looking from the outside in, he wasn't.
Yeah, Manging was the mastermind behind the 140million dollary spending-spree, just like Romeo Crennel spent all the money of FAs for Cleveland.
If all you're here to do is 'educate' us about how the coach sucks, go the xxxx away.
If Favre isn't injured, he doesn't go 1TD/7ints. You act like his implosion was imminent - it really wasn't until he got injured. I'm sure Mangini was smart enough to know he is prone to turnovers (he'd seen it up to that point as it was). There is more to that story than you know, despite the fact you think you 'know it all'.
I was aware of the story about his son, but hadn't heard the entire thing.
I can say he was a victim of an owner and GM apparently trying to put asses into the seats for the new stadium. You act like he was completely to blame - looking from the outside in, he wasn't.
Yeah, Manging was the mastermind behind the 140million dollary spending-spree, just like Romeo Crennel spent all the money of FAs for Cleveland.
If all you're here to do is 'educate' us about how the coach sucks, go the xxxx away.
The sad part is you know this dude was likely on a Jets board for the last 3 years talking trash about Mangini too. Some people just can't move on.
-
If Favre isn't injured, he doesn't go 1TD/7ints. You act like his implosion was imminent - it really wasn't until he got injured. I'm sure Mangini was smart enough to know he is prone to turnovers (he'd seen it up to that point as it was). There is more to that story than you know, despite the fact you think you 'know it all'.
I was aware of the story about his son, but hadn't heard the entire thing.
I can say he was a victim of an owner and GM apparently trying to put asses into the seats for the new stadium. You act like he was completely to blame - looking from the outside in, he wasn't.
Yeah, Manging was the mastermind behind the 140million dollary spending-spree, just like Romeo Crennel spent all the money of FAs for Cleveland.
If all you're here to do is 'educate' us about how the coach sucks, go the xxxx away.
The sad part is you know this dude was likely on a Jets board for the last 3 years talking trash about Mangini too. Some people just can't move on.
Masters said:
The sad part is you know this dude was likely on a Jets board for the last 3 years talking trash about Mangini too. Some people just can't move on.It's like Lumbergh's love affair with Brady Quinn.
What is it about our board that attracts the weirdos?
-
Masters said:
The sad part is you know this dude was likely on a Jets board for the last 3 years talking trash about Mangini too. Some people just can't move on.It's like Lumbergh's love affair with Brady Quinn.
What is it about our board that attracts the weirdos?
It's like Lumbergh's love affair with Brady Quinn.
What is it about our board that attracts the weirdos?
I'll at least give Lum credit that he's on the board for DA's team slurping on him and bashing Quinn. The idea of cheat fans, I mean Pats fans, have to follow around a dude who was on the Pats coaching staff almost 4 years ago is just messed up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login