Skip to content

Rglll Disses Cleveland

The Browns Board
35 23 2.8k
  • You buried the lead.

    It was not that the Redskins GM was having beers in Hooters and "apparantly" said that Griffin was glad he was a Redskin not a Brown.

    Redskins GM says new Redskin QB wanted to be a Redskin. Stop presses.

    Here is the worrisome part:

    ***One agent told our own Matt Miller during the combine that “no one” wants to go to Cleveland because the perception is that the Browns aren’t “building to win.***

    That's a problem. May not be true. But that perception is a problem.

    Holmgren better start proving people wrong real fucking quick.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    You buried the lead.

    It was not that the Redskins GM was having beers in Hooters and "apparantly" said that Griffin was glad he was a Redskin not a Brown.

    Redskins GM says new Redskin QB wanted to be a Redskin. Stop presses.

    Here is the worrisome part:

    ***One agent told our own Matt Miller during the combine that “no one” wants to go to Cleveland because the perception is that the Browns aren’t “building to win.***

    That's a problem. May not be true. But that perception is a problem.

    Holmgren better start proving people wrong real fucking quick.

    Zombo

    That little bit came out on BL right after the combine. Same thing as this article a no name guy talked to a no name agent and told the writer. The article also said it was the agent on 1 top 15 draft pick, not every draft pick. I am farily certain that if this rumor is true, it was Blackmon's agent who said it, but again that's if it's even true. The guy who said Blackmon was a guy in the comments and he is a sports radio show host in Denver who was at the combine and said he actually talked to a guy who heard the same thing.

    But again this was posted on BL, not ESPN, Yahoo Sports, or NBC Sports. BL is rebound for personal opinions, loose speculation and rumors, and personal vendetta's.

  • It makes sense though. If your a 21-22 yr. old kid what is your impression or memory of the browns? I'm not talking about some 1950's when all the world was Browns town stuff. I mean a young players perception of the Browns. It can't be good. 11 bad seasons, 1 good with no playoffs (Thanks Tony Dunge)followed by a collapse (thanks quinn fans, brady, brady, brady) Oh yah and don't forget 3 yrs of dormancy.

  • The perception that the Browns "don't want to win" stems simply from the fact that they will not go chasing after free agents.

    Now, maybe what the Browns are doing is not wanting to overpay high priced, underachieving free agents. From the perspective of those who want to maximize their pay day, a franchise that doesn't want to play that game isn't "playing to win".

    And, you know, there is one thing that can easily quash all that crapola: actually going out and winning.

  • @mike-h said:

    I talked to Matt Miller, apparently it was Justin Blackmon's agent.

    This

    But at the same time who does his agent represent other than Blackmon. Like someone said we are labeled as not wanting to win because we don't spend a lot in FA. Is there someone who could have made a big pay day off of getting signed by Cleveland but settled for less else where that this guy represents. Who the hell knows. Regardless if we wants to be drafted by Cleveland or not, if he is drafted it's not like he isn't going to put in his best effort.

  • have fun running for your life RG3...your a shithead...I hope you get put on the PUP for life.

  • I would also like to mention that the source they got the RGIII story from was a Redskins fan forum no different than this... and if any of you assholes ran up to me saying you just had a one on one with H&H I'd say bullshit.

  • i know it's bleacher report, but it sounds real enough to me:

    My link

    RG3 belongs in washington. isn't that the city where the mayor was busted smoking crack with a couple of hookers and they reelected him anyways? HA HA HA HA

    and for all those who love baylor. maybe we can convince this guy to play wr.

    @miktoxic said:

    i know it's bleacher report, but it sounds real enough to me:

    My link

    RG3 belongs in washington. isn't that the city where the mayor was busted smoking crack with a couple of hookers and they reelected him anyways? HA HA HA HA

    and for all those who love baylor. maybe we can convince this guy to play wr.

    I don't believe that for a second.

    Come on man...

  • Well according to this he didn't really dig at Cleveland the city more like the Browns and it's hard to disagree that they're taking at best, an unexciting, at worst a moronic path here. I really hope Heckert knows what he's doing. Sure, I've heard people say 'Oh, Dude, It's Cleveland, like that's some problem. To that I would say "But Dude, it's Buffalo, or Detroit or Milwaukee (Green Bay) or Minnesota or Pittsburgh, or indianapolis. Despite what some Steeler fans on here will say, All those places are only as good as Cleveland. No better, no worse. Pittsburgh the city sucks just as bad, and is just as cool in it's own respect as I feel Cleveland is. There's nothing awesome and nothing really horrible. The difference is here in Cleveland the Browns are considered a perennial joke. Lebron leaving also tarnished the city's image. If the Browns were awesome Cleveland wouldn't be a butt of jokes anymore. If Green Bay were terrible do you think that city would get any love at all? Please. In the 80s even though the browns were ultimately losers, there was no dismissals like that from players, at least not that I know of.

  • I heard the same thing in 92.3 ... And the disinterest was not because it is the City of Cleveland or anything like that. It has more to do with this regime. Agents are not comfortable with MH and Shurmur and co do not seem like they are interested in winning any time soon.

  • Of course they're not interested in winning anytime soon or the near future. Look at the product on the field. Look at the coaches... Opie boy Spermur and Pedo Man Childress. Who the hell really wants to come play for this team?

  • It is getting really fucking hard to keep cheering for this steaming pile of browns shit

  • Before some of you start making Browns fans look oh so brilliant with your RGIII bashing

    maybe read the link and see if you can find where RGIII is quoted as ripping on Cleveland

  • "One agent told our own Matt Miller during the combine that “no one” wants to go to Cleveland because the perception is that the Browns aren’t “building to win.”"

    "I have a tough time reconciling that statement with the fact that Mike Holmgren is now in charge in Cleveland. Holmgren is one of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever met, and the idea that he “doesn't want to win” seems far-fetched at best and downright absurd at worst. However, then you look at moves like the hiring of Brad Childress as offensive coordinator, and you start to wonder. (Childress is represented by Bob LaMonte, Holmgren’s agent.)

    Pat Shurmur was hired for his offensive acumen and for the good work he did with a rookie Sam Bradford. Now, Holmgren brings Childress on board, a guy whose offensive system has been dubbed “Day One Install” around the league due to its simplicity? What the team should be doing is finding some offensive talent to help Colt McCoy succeed, not bringing in washed-up coaches as a favor to LaMonte.

    Griffin may not be walking into the greatest situation in Washington, but looking at the state of things in Cleveland, it’s not hard to see why he wanted nothing to do with the Browns."

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1114235-could-cleveland-browns-lb-scott-fujita-be-subject-to-bountygate-punishment#/articles/1113587-rg3-glad-the-cleveland-browns-didnt-move-up-to-get-him

    This sheds some light on the state of affairs in Berea. And perhaps on our lack of FA success. As I said in another thread, we're seeing many signs of bad management. You don't need an NFL degree to spot it. And I don't care what people say, unless someone starts kicking Holmgren's ass and starts questioning his stupid decisions (hopefully recommendations before they become decisions) things are going to get really bad and ugly. He needs to be held accountable this year!

  • "One agent told our own Matt Miller during the combine that “no one” wants to go to Cleveland because the perception is that the Browns aren’t “building to win.”"

    "I have a tough time reconciling that statement with the fact that Mike Holmgren is now in charge in Cleveland. Holmgren is one of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever met, and the idea that he “doesn't want to win” seems far-fetched at best and downright absurd at worst. However, then you look at moves like the hiring of Brad Childress as offensive coordinator, and you start to wonder. (Childress is represented by Bob LaMonte, Holmgren’s agent.)

    Pat Shurmur was hired for his offensive acumen and for the good work he did with a rookie Sam Bradford. Now, Holmgren brings Childress on board, a guy whose offensive system has been dubbed “Day One Install” around the league due to its simplicity? What the team should be doing is finding some offensive talent to help Colt McCoy succeed, not bringing in washed-up coaches as a favor to LaMonte.

    Griffin may not be walking into the greatest situation in Washington, but looking at the state of things in Cleveland, it’s not hard to see why he wanted nothing to do with the Browns."

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1114235-could-cleveland-browns-lb-scott-fujita-be-subject-to-bountygate-punishment#/articles/1113587-rg3-glad-the-cleveland-browns-didnt-move-up-to-get-him

    This sheds some light on the state of affairs in Berea. And perhaps on our lack of FA success. As I said in another thread, we're seeing many signs of bad management. You don't need an NFL degree to spot it. And I don't care what people say, unless someone starts kicking Holmgren's ass and starts questioning his stupid decisions (hopefully recommendations before they become decisions) things are going to get really bad and ugly. He needs to be held accountable this year!

    @frenchie said:

    "One agent told our own Matt Miller during the combine that “no one” wants to go to Cleveland because the perception is that the Browns aren’t “building to win.”"

    "I have a tough time reconciling that statement with the fact that Mike Holmgren is now in charge in Cleveland. Holmgren is one of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever met, and the idea that he “doesn't want to win” seems far-fetched at best and downright absurd at worst. However, then you look at moves like the hiring of Brad Childress as offensive coordinator, and you start to wonder. (Childress is represented by Bob LaMonte, Holmgren’s agent.)

    Pat Shurmur was hired for his offensive acumen and for the good work he did with a rookie Sam Bradford. Now, Holmgren brings Childress on board, a guy whose offensive system has been dubbed “Day One Install” around the league due to its simplicity? What the team should be doing is finding some offensive talent to help Colt McCoy succeed, not bringing in washed-up coaches as a favor to LaMonte.

    Griffin may not be walking into the greatest situation in Washington, but looking at the state of things in Cleveland, it’s not hard to see why he wanted nothing to do with the Browns."

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1114235-could-cleveland-browns-lb-scott-fujita-be-subject-to-bountygate-punishment#/articles/1113587-rg3-glad-the-cleveland-browns-didnt-move-up-to-get-him

    This sheds some light on the state of affairs in Berea. And perhaps on our lack of FA success. As I said in another thread, we're seeing many signs of bad management. You don't need an NFL degree to spot it. And I don't care what people say, unless someone starts kicking Holmgren's ass and starts questioning his stupid decisions (hopefully recommendations before they become decisions) things are going to get really bad and ugly. He needs to be held accountable this year!

    Jesus this trash again! The "source" of this article was from a redskins fan forum and the whole qouted agent thing from Matt Millen is trash as well. Some second teir writer from BL isn't someone I would believe.

  • Browns building to win ??? Not since 1986.

    .. and Holmgren shows no signs of life.

  • @frenchie said:

    "One agent told our own Matt Miller during the combine that “no one” wants to go to Cleveland because the perception is that the Browns aren’t “building to win.”"

    "I have a tough time reconciling that statement with the fact that Mike Holmgren is now in charge in Cleveland. Holmgren is one of the fiercest competitors I’ve ever met, and the idea that he “doesn't want to win” seems far-fetched at best and downright absurd at worst. However, then you look at moves like the hiring of Brad Childress as offensive coordinator, and you start to wonder. (Childress is represented by Bob LaMonte, Holmgren’s agent.)

    Pat Shurmur was hired for his offensive acumen and for the good work he did with a rookie Sam Bradford. Now, Holmgren brings Childress on board, a guy whose offensive system has been dubbed “Day One Install” around the league due to its simplicity? What the team should be doing is finding some offensive talent to help Colt McCoy succeed, not bringing in washed-up coaches as a favor to LaMonte.

    Griffin may not be walking into the greatest situation in Washington, but looking at the state of things in Cleveland, it’s not hard to see why he wanted nothing to do with the Browns."

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1114235-could-cleveland-browns-lb-scott-fujita-be-subject-to-bountygate-punishment#/articles/1113587-rg3-glad-the-cleveland-browns-didnt-move-up-to-get-him

    This sheds some light on the state of affairs in Berea. And perhaps on our lack of FA success. As I said in another thread, we're seeing many signs of bad management. You don't need an NFL degree to spot it. And I don't care what people say, unless someone starts kicking Holmgren's ass and starts questioning his stupid decisions (hopefully recommendations before they become decisions) things are going to get really bad and ugly. He needs to be held accountable this year!

    Jesus this trash again! The "source" of this article was from a redskins fan forum and the whole qouted agent thing from Matt Millen is trash as well. Some second teir writer from BL isn't someone I would believe.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Jesus this trash again! The "source" of this article was from a redskins fan forum and the whole qouted agent thing from Matt Millen is trash as well. Some second teir writer from BL isn't someone I would believe.

    Bleacher Report should not be allowed as a reputable link. It looks official, but it is drive by fans. It would be like ESPN using thoughts from here...."Ballpeen reports this to be the case" .

    Let's at least try to post stuff that has SOME credibility. That site has none. It's like the football version of The Globe who every week in the supermarket line is pushing "Exclusive photos of aliens having sex with neighborhood pets" .

    Geesh

  • He didn't rip Clevaland....that is the spin of others.

    He said he was happy it looks like he will be in DC. There is a big difference, and really, what is the guy supposed to say " I was really hoping to land in Cleveland"???

    Let's be real.

    And to be real, I am a Clevelander. I always will be, but I won't live there again. It isn't that great of a place, though I would live there over D.C.

    You can't rip the guy as a way to say "See, I told you so".

    Sorry. It won't work.

  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    As opposed to building to lose?

    You know, for the people who keep throwing negative shit out about Cleveland, they need to STFU.

    It's funny how once a team begins winning, nobody ever talks about all the hardship years.

    Lets be honest here, Did Belichik know Brady would be so great? Ah, no he didn't. HOw do I know? Well, if he know how Good Brady was, he would have not risked waiting until round 6 to get him.

    Bill B, and i like the guy, caught a lucky break, he got that diamond in the rough. More of them are out there. How do you find them? Simple, have more draft pics than the other guy, Play the odds. If you take enough good young guys, your odds of a few home runs go up.

    SO you make your best guess and away you go.

    Screw RG3.

    Exactly. At this level, the margin of talent is razor thin. There are diamonds to be found, just as there are first round busts to be had. RG3 is not and never was going to be the guy to pull us from the trenches. It's going to take more than one guy, in all honesty. Load up in draft picks and get a few steals, that's the Belichick way.

  • He didn't rip Clevaland....that is the spin of others.

    He said he was happy it looks like he will be in DC. There is a big difference, and really, what is the guy supposed to say " I was really hoping to land in Cleveland"???

    Let's be real.

    And to be real, I am a Clevelander. I always will be, but I won't live there again. It isn't that great of a place, though I would live there over D.C.

    You can't rip the guy as a way to say "See, I told you so".

    Sorry. It won't work.

    @ballpeen said:

    He didn't rip Clevaland....that is the spin of others.

    He said he was happy it looks like he will be in DC. There is a big difference, and really, what is the guy supposed to say " I was really hoping to land in Cleveland"???

    Let's be real.

    And to be real, I am a Clevelander. I always will be, but I won't live there again. It isn't that great of a place, though I would live there over D.C.

    You can't rip the guy as a way to say "See, I told you so".

    Sorry. It won't work.

    No, you're not. Cleveland is as good as anywhere else. It's not new york, or California but its as good as a hundred more cities in the us. Fuck ya if you don't think so. We don't need you repping it.

  • I've actually been agreeing with Ghoolie lately. It's a bit scary, but a refreshing change of pace. I enjoy it.

    RGIII would have been a nice pick up... if he was there at 4. Trading what the Redskins traded is WAAAYY too much. If RGIII isn't worth it, the 'skins are quite fucked until 2015.

    We will have 4 first round picks (as of right now) in that time. Hopefully that is what turns us around. We need to think about that for the future. Look at those picks we saved. See who we get. See how they contribute. I hope for once something works in our favor.