Skip to content

On Record Draft Selection

The Browns Board
60 26 2.4k
  • I was watching NFL Network yesterday and they talked about us taking Weeden at #22. Makes no sense to me- Everyone is hung up on his age- he would easily fall to #37.

    So I guess i don't get this regimes thinking- you want to trade back to get more picks or better value (trade back and take a guy like Richardson) yet you over value someone like Weeden. If he's taken at #22- I'm lost.

    It would be nice to put all the pieces in place get a RT and a couple playmakers- evaluate Colt over the season and decide at that point where you are at and where you need to be at the position.

    @sdbrownsfan said:

    I was watching NFL Network yesterday and they talked about us taking Weeden at #22. Makes no sense to me- Everyone is hung up on his age- he would easily fall to #37.

    So I guess i don't get this regimes thinking- you want to trade back to get more picks or better value (trade back and take a guy like Richardson) yet you over value someone like Weeden. If he's taken at #22- I'm lost.

    It would be nice to put all the pieces in place get a RT and a couple playmakers- evaluate Colt over the season and decide at that point where you are at and where you need to be at the position.

    If we take Weeden at all at 22 37 60 03923875 I'll write a very detailed letter to HnH Explaining why they can completely go fuck themselves.

  • @sdbrownsfan said:

    I was watching NFL Network yesterday and they talked about us taking Weeden at #22. Makes no sense to me- Everyone is hung up on his age- he would easily fall to #37.

    So I guess i don't get this regimes thinking- you want to trade back to get more picks or better value (trade back and take a guy like Richardson) yet you over value someone like Weeden. If he's taken at #22- I'm lost.

    It would be nice to put all the pieces in place get a RT and a couple playmakers- evaluate Colt over the season and decide at that point where you are at and where you need to be at the position.

    If we take Weeden at all at 22 37 60 03923875 I'll write a very detailed letter to HnH Explaining why they can completely go fuck themselves.

    @represent said:

    If we take Weeden at all at 22 37 60 03923875 I'll write a very detailed letter to HnH Explaining why they can completely go fuck themselves.

    I actually think Weeden would be a great move later on in the draft. Rounds 1-3 should not be where we take him unless we pick up a shit ton of second round picks via trades and can AFFORD to take a flier on him.

    As far as the NFL network is concerned that is all speculation from "draft insiders" those guys get paid to speculate it is their job. I wouldn't put much stock in it. None of them saw us taking Taylor, Sheard, Ward ... and the list goes on.

  • Wow, are some of us really considering "Weeden"... WEEDEN? 😆

    The dude is as old as Jake Delhomme! ...wow, desperate times call for desperate measures I guess... 😵

    Give Colt 3 or 4 more years and when he gets to be weeden's(snicker) age, he'll be a hell of a lot better than Weeden... Weeden will probably be retired by then anyway... C'mon people he'll be a 29 year old rookie?

  • Not comparing the two...but how old was Warren Moon when he was an NFL rookie? How about Doug Flutie or Kurt Warner?

  • I'm not saying that it is not possible but because a couple of guys worked out it's the rule and not the exception? Miracles CAN happen but realistically just because they have happened before doesn't mean it's for sure going to happen again. Kurt Warner was a fairy tale come true, grocery bager to superbowl champ... it's just not likely to happen again.

    I don't know, maybe I'm just a bitter 30 year old that wishes that it was me in his place... it's not a good reason to diss the guy, my bad. I wish him the best of luck and hope all his dreams come true. I just like Colt much, much more I guess. I'll tell you what though, I would be happy to have him take Seneca Wallace's place as a backup to Colt. I really don't like Seneca that much at all.

  • My Brother seems 100% Convinced

    4. M.Claiborne

    22. M.Floyd

    37. L.James

    Spent 20 minutes trying to convince me this is our draft was like i'll post it for you to see later if u called it cuz i wont remember lol

  • My Brother seems 100% Convinced

    4. M.Claiborne

    22. M.Floyd

    37. L.James

    Spent 20 minutes trying to convince me this is our draft was like i'll post it for you to see later if u called it cuz i wont remember lol

    @represent said:

    My Brother seems 100% Convinced

    4. M.Claiborne

    22. M.Floyd

    37. L.James

    Spent 20 minutes trying to convince me this is our draft was like i'll post it for you to see later if u called it cuz i wont remember lol

    If we pulled this off i'd be a happy man.

  • My Brother seems 100% Convinced

    4. M.Claiborne

    22. M.Floyd

    37. L.James

    Spent 20 minutes trying to convince me this is our draft was like i'll post it for you to see later if u called it cuz i wont remember lol

    @represent said:

    My Brother seems 100% Convinced

    4. M.Claiborne

    22. M.Floyd

    37. L.James

    Spent 20 minutes trying to convince me this is our draft was like i'll post it for you to see later if u called it cuz i wont remember lol

    Floyd will not be there at 22. Can almost guarantee that...

  • Not comparing the two...but how old was Warren Moon when he was an NFL rookie? How about Doug Flutie or Kurt Warner?

    @mark-o said:

    Not comparing the two...but how old was Warren Moon when he was an NFL rookie? How about Doug Flutie or Kurt Warner?

    Add Joe Theisman to that list.

    I think we end up drafting Tannehill #1. It just may not be with the #4 pick...we might trade down a couple of slots.

  • My Brother seems 100% Convinced

    4. M.Claiborne

    22. M.Floyd

    37. L.James

    Spent 20 minutes trying to convince me this is our draft was like i'll post it for you to see later if u called it cuz i wont remember lol

    @represent said:

    My Brother seems 100% Convinced

    4. M.Claiborne

    22. M.Floyd

    37. L.James

    Spent 20 minutes trying to convince me this is our draft was like i'll post it for you to see later if u called it cuz i wont remember lol

    I would have no problem with that if it could happen.

  • Personally my favorite mock is my own 😁

    #04- Richardson

    #22- Floyd/Wright/Hill

    #37- Best available RT

    3rd- Minnifield

    4th- Burfict

    4th- Osweiler

    BPA on out...

    This draft is the most complete that I've seen.

    A)Gives us a legitimate RB threat, best since AP- Maybe Emmit Smith

    B)Addresses and upgrades the WR position opposite Greg Little

    C)Shores up the OL and completes it, for now.

    D)Gives us a good CB or FS with Cleveland ties and roots

    E)Provides an animal a LB, one with question marks but DQ could have a good influence and mentor him

    F)Brings in a young QB to compete against Colt, I think Brock has potential anyways.

    G)Still leaves Heckert 7 picks to work his draft skill and knowledge with, I'm sure he can net some gems in there somewhere.

    After the above draft our needs and weaknesses should be somewhat diminished right?

  • Said this morning that to the delight of some Richardson is being brought in for a visit, and to the dismay of others Weeden and Cousins are being brought in as well.

  • Personally my favorite mock is my own 😁

    #04- Richardson

    #22- Floyd/Wright/Hill

    #37- Best available RT

    3rd- Minnifield

    4th- Burfict

    4th- Osweiler

    BPA on out...

    This draft is the most complete that I've seen.

    A)Gives us a legitimate RB threat, best since AP- Maybe Emmit Smith

    B)Addresses and upgrades the WR position opposite Greg Little

    C)Shores up the OL and completes it, for now.

    D)Gives us a good CB or FS with Cleveland ties and roots

    E)Provides an animal a LB, one with question marks but DQ could have a good influence and mentor him

    F)Brings in a young QB to compete against Colt, I think Brock has potential anyways.

    G)Still leaves Heckert 7 picks to work his draft skill and knowledge with, I'm sure he can net some gems in there somewhere.

    After the above draft our needs and weaknesses should be somewhat diminished right?

    @poeticg said:

    Personally my favorite mock is my own 😁

    This draft is the most complete that I've seen.

    As is mine in my eyes... as is... as is... as is...

    Try filling in those blanks. Who would likely be the BART at #36??? If there is no RT worth that pick, then what do you do?

  • are you suggesting, PG, that the first 4 rounds are not BPA? kinda looks like it from here.

    #22: a drunk with serious character issues, small guy with average speed and no strength, a guy from a run first offense thats a workout warrior.

    #37: drafting for need hmmm?

    3rd: drafting based on name?

    4th: a thug that flunked not only the combine, but his pro day...

    know what your mock draft looks like? a list of players you like for reasons other than football ability. so its not really a mock draft at all....just your list of personal favorites.

  • are you suggesting, PG, that the first 4 rounds are not BPA? kinda looks like it from here.

    #22: a drunk with serious character issues, small guy with average speed and no strength, a guy from a run first offense thats a workout warrior.

    #37: drafting for need hmmm?

    3rd: drafting based on name?

    4th: a thug that flunked not only the combine, but his pro day...

    know what your mock draft looks like? a list of players you like for reasons other than football ability. so its not really a mock draft at all....just your list of personal favorites.

    @choco said:

    are you suggesting, PG, that the first 4 rounds are not BPA? kinda looks like it from here.

    #22: a drunk with serious character issues, small guy with average speed and no strength, a guy from a run first offense thats a workout warrior.

    *how can you be a drunk at his age? Heckert said himself, case by case basis will be determined.

    *Welker is small and not the fastest... Wright made big plays and he made RG3

    *Hill has Elite speed and height, he made plays when given the chance...

    #37: drafting for need hmmm?

    Yes, we have a need for a RT, but as many have told me, "you don't take a RT in the first round". Early 2nd will produce a fine RT

    3rd: drafting based on name?

    Not based on name. The name is a plus, he's a solid corner in his own right, could play multiple positons. look up his scouting report.

    4th: a thug that flunked not only the combine, but his pro day...

    James Harrison is a so called thug. Burfict made HUGE plays at ASU. He was that teams Defense. Go watch actual gamefilm, he's everywhere.

    know what your mock draft looks like? Yes, a winner.

  • Personally my favorite mock is my own 😁

    #04- Richardson

    #22- Floyd/Wright/Hill

    #37- Best available RT

    3rd- Minnifield

    4th- Burfict

    4th- Osweiler

    BPA on out...

    This draft is the most complete that I've seen.

    A)Gives us a legitimate RB threat, best since AP- Maybe Emmit Smith

    B)Addresses and upgrades the WR position opposite Greg Little

    C)Shores up the OL and completes it, for now.

    D)Gives us a good CB or FS with Cleveland ties and roots

    E)Provides an animal a LB, one with question marks but DQ could have a good influence and mentor him

    F)Brings in a young QB to compete against Colt, I think Brock has potential anyways.

    G)Still leaves Heckert 7 picks to work his draft skill and knowledge with, I'm sure he can net some gems in there somewhere.

    After the above draft our needs and weaknesses should be somewhat diminished right?

    @poeticg said:

    #04- Richardson

    A)Gives us a legitimate RB threat, best since AP- Maybe Emmit Smith

    is arian foster legit?

  • @poeticg said:

    #04- Richardson

    A)Gives us a legitimate RB threat, best since AP- Maybe Emmit Smith

    is arian foster legit?

    @miktoxic said:

    is arian foster legit?

    His hamstring isn't.

  • and richardson is 'guaranteed' not to get hurt somehow?

    you could be drafted at #4 or be unsigned and still pull a hammy. the unsigned was the leading rusher in the nfl in 2010 and his team just signed him to a 5 year deal. not bad for being unsigned.

  • #6 Blackmon, WR

    #22 Mike Adams, OT

    #37 David Wilson, RB

    Zombo

  • and richardson is 'guaranteed' not to get hurt somehow?

    you could be drafted at #4 or be unsigned and still pull a hammy. the unsigned was the leading rusher in the nfl in 2010 and his team just signed him to a 5 year deal. not bad for being unsigned.

    @miktoxic said:

    and richardson is 'guaranteed' not to get hurt somehow?

    you could be drafted at #4 or be unsigned and still pull a hammy. the unsigned was the leading rusher in the nfl in 2010 and his team just signed him to a 5 year deal. not bad for being unsigned.

    Of course not I was just being an asshole. My point is that it's still the same stupid argument for every position in the NFL other than QB. Cruz had a fantastic season, one of the best in the whole NFL at WR and got screwed out of the Pro Bowl. So why take a WR this high. Tramon Williams is a pro bowl CB for Greenbay, why the hell spend money on a top 5 CB when we can just sign a UDFA. You get the top talent that will help your team the most period. He is going to produce more than any other guy we can take at 4.

    I don't care who we take I trust Heckert will pick the best guy. I just happen to think it's Richardson.