Skip to content

The 13 Most Useless College Majors (As Determined By Science)

Barber Shop Talk
24 9 1.3k
  • C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I'm 58 years old and the next day I work in Biology - my major - will be my first.

    Biology is kind of useless - at least for me.

    Vape? That's a completely different story.

    One man's useless is another man's..........................

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #12

    The only reason people become Biology majors, to my knowledge, is to become doctors. The pre med track overlaps a lot with Bio. Plus bio is pretty easy so it will keep your GPA up for med school.

  • C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #13

    >>The only reason people become Biology majors, to my knowledge, is to become doctors. The pre med track overlaps a lot with Bio. Plus bio is pretty easy so it will keep your GPA up for med school.>>

    And if you can't handle the Organic Chemistry, Cell Biology, Physics, etc., courses you can always fall back into something like Mechanical Engineering

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #14

    How do you spot the marketing major?

    He is the guy in taco bell wearing a necktie.

    P s I see no reason to have moved this thread.

    I see topics here other than about barber shops.

    Including college football and the browns.

    WSS

  • How do you spot the marketing major?

    He is the guy in taco bell wearing a necktie.

    P s I see no reason to have moved this thread.

    I see topics here other than about barber shops.

    Including college football and the browns.

    WSS

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @westside-steve said:

    How do you spot the marketing major?

    He is the guy in taco bell wearing a necktie.

    P s I see no reason to have moved this thread.

    I see topics here other than about barber shops.

    Including college football and the browns.

    WSS

    For the record, I don't know why or how it got moved. I don't even work here.

  • >>The only reason people become Biology majors, to my knowledge, is to become doctors. The pre med track overlaps a lot with Bio. Plus bio is pretty easy so it will keep your GPA up for med school.>>

    And if you can't handle the Organic Chemistry, Cell Biology, Physics, etc., courses you can always fall back into something like Mechanical Engineering

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @chicopee-john said:

    >>The only reason people become Biology majors, to my knowledge, is to become doctors. The pre med track overlaps a lot with Bio. Plus bio is pretty easy so it will keep your GPA up for med school.>>

    And if you can't handle the Organic Chemistry, Cell Biology, Physics, etc., courses you can always fall back into something like Mechanical Engineering

    I understand what you are trying to get at, but that's not how it works...

  • C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #17

    >>I understand what you are trying to get at, but that's not how it works...>>

    I was really not trying to get at anything. UNDER your skin, maybe, but in a pointless way.

  • @chicopee-john said:

    >>The only reason people become Biology majors, to my knowledge, is to become doctors. The pre med track overlaps a lot with Bio. Plus bio is pretty easy so it will keep your GPA up for med school.>>

    And if you can't handle the Organic Chemistry, Cell Biology, Physics, etc., courses you can always fall back into something like Mechanical Engineering

    I understand what you are trying to get at, but that's not how it works...

    H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    I understand what you are trying to get at, but that's not how it works...

    I tend to think John is on to something here. Four-hour organic chem labs have a way of weeding out the less-than-serious.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I understand what you are trying to get at, but that's not how it works...

    I tend to think John is on to something here. Four-hour organic chem labs have a way of weeding out the less-than-serious.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    I tend to think John is on to something here. Four-hour organic chem labs have a way of weeding out the less-than-serious.

    They definitely do, no doubt. I would think that would get rid of the students that just think they will be doctors but have no drive for it.

    But I will never see biology as a harder major than mechanical engineering. Yes, I am biased, and yes John that got under my skin, but I don't see how that is true in anyway.

    Bio is not an easy major though, I'm not saying that. Being in the STEM family means it has to have some difficulty.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Computer science?

    Those degrees are pretty much junk by the time you get a 4 year degree.

    The ability to program at length, an excellent manner, in structured form, is probably okay.

    Whatever. I used to want to get a physician's assistant degree back in the day. But, then

    I was talked out of it - they said it would never really catch on. But genetics, etc. was fun.

  • @heckofajobbrownie said:

    I tend to think John is on to something here. Four-hour organic chem labs have a way of weeding out the less-than-serious.

    They definitely do, no doubt. I would think that would get rid of the students that just think they will be doctors but have no drive for it.

    But I will never see biology as a harder major than mechanical engineering. Yes, I am biased, and yes John that got under my skin, but I don't see how that is true in anyway.

    Bio is not an easy major though, I'm not saying that. Being in the STEM family means it has to have some difficulty.

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mld-woody said:

    They definitely do, no doubt. I would think that would get rid of the students that just think they will be doctors but have no drive for it.

    But I will never see biology as a harder major than mechanical engineering. Yes, I am biased, and yes John that got under my skin, but I don't see how that is true in anyway.

    Bio is not an easy major though, I'm not saying that. Being in the STEM family means it has to have some difficulty.

    A good friend of mine daughter just graduated from the University of Minnesota Vet School.

    Talk there was that students that flunk out of Vet school become doctors.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #22
    transmetropolitan_vi__eta02.gif
  • Computer science?

    Those degrees are pretty much junk by the time you get a 4 year degree.

    The ability to program at length, an excellent manner, in structured form, is probably okay.

    Whatever. I used to want to get a physician's assistant degree back in the day. But, then

    I was talked out of it - they said it would never really catch on. But genetics, etc. was fun.

    P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @calfoxwc said:

    Computer science?

    Those degrees are pretty much junk by the time you get a 4 year degree.

    The ability to program at length, an excellent manner, in structured form, is probably okay.

    Whatever. I used to want to get a physician's assistant degree back in the day. But, then

    I was talked out of it - they said it would never really catch on. But genetics, etc. was fun.

    Computer Science covers a lot more than programming these days. IT and IET are usually considered computer science.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    transmetropolitan_vi__eta02.gif

    Isn't that how all biased liberal reporters act?