Skip to content

Gut Feeling (Draft)

The Browns Board
70 26 2.9k
  • Since Colt is the heir appearent QB I hope H&H will take the best available drafteee who can help take some

    pressure off of him as he continues his "development". IMHO TR is the quick solution.

    At least from a physical standpoint the kid seems like he is ready for the Sunday league more so than some of the other

    prime time 1st rounders. Then again he might be a complete head case so who da hell knows. Hopefully, the football

    Gods take pity on this star-crossed team and show them some mercy as they begin their courageous climb back to the top of the

    AFC North.

    @slowburn said:

    Hopefully, the football Gods take pity on this star-crossed team and show them some mercy as they begin their courageous climb back to the top of the

    AFC North.

    you still believe in football 'god'. that's like believing in santa claus and the easter bunny.

    that god has long since pissed on cleveland and their football team. i guessed that god liked hair bands, mushrooms and mtv.

  • Minnesota should draft Richardson and run the old Oklahoma single wing option with TRich and AD. They'd go 10-6 every year.

    Z

  • I, like most, have a gut feeling we're addressing a T in the first round. But I don't believe Martin will be there at 22, which means we may trade up for a RT.

    This will piss everyone, especially Ghoolie, off. I, however, don't mind it too much.

    The way I look at it is this:

    Chris Long led the league in 2010 in QB disruptions (a combination of sacks, hits, and hurries) with 67, which I believe is a much more informative stat than just sacks. He also had 29 combined tackles and 3 deflected passes. That's 99 plays that he was effective in.

    That same season, the average number of offensive plays per game, I believe, was in the mid 60's.

    65 offensive snaps per game, multiplied by 16 regular season games, yields 1,040 offensive plays on average throughout a regular season.

    That means that the most disruptive defensive end in 2010 was effective less than 10% of the time. Meaning that the offensive tackle won the battle 90% of the time.

    Having a solid tackle on the right side will drastically increase our offensive production, I believe.

    However, I don't believe it is our only missing piece. I think our talent level is atrocious at nearly every skill position, including QB. I like McCoy, and I really want him to succeed, but I just don't think moxie and southern metaphors will get us into the postseason.

    Offensively, I think the level of need goes WR, RT, QB, RB. The Giants proved that a RBBC can be effective. I think the days of having a stud feature-back are behind us. I wouldn't mind at all if our first four picks were Blackmon, Martin, Jeffery and Cousins/Weeden.

  • Hello all. tiphat-1.gif

    I'm hoping David DeCastro goes at #4. He can play all the line positions and he's a beast. If Richardson's available at #22, then by all means, take him. If not, take Blackmon or Floyd.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Note: as bad as the Browns did this particular year:

    1 1 Alex D. Smith 49ers QB Utah

    2 2 Ronnie Brown Dolphins RB Auburn

    3 3 Braylon Edwards Browns WR Michigan

    4 4 Cedric Benson Bears RB Texas

    5 5 Cadillac Williams Buccaneers RB Auburn

    6 6 Pacman Jones Titans DB West Virginia

    7 7 Troy Williamson Vikings WR South Carolina

    8 8 Antrel Rolle Cardinals DB Miami (FL)

    9 9 Carlos Rogers Redskins DB Auburn

    10 10 Mike Williams Lions WR USC

    It is arguable that the Browns got one of the best players of the top ten of that draft.

    That was a crappy draft, and I think we kinda knew it at the time. No one was all that excited about Braylon, or anyone else on that list as well.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    That was a crappy draft, and I think we kinda knew it at the time. No one was all that excited about Braylon, or anyone else on that list as well.

    Zombo

    Yeah it was so crappy that the best Quarterback in the NFL went in it.

  • Oh good call, he went 24th or whatever and sat on the bench for three years, and now the top ten teams drafting are all idiots for trusting the scouting reports at the time.

    There are steals in every draft, don't be a penis.

    Z

  • Hello all. tiphat-1.gif

    I'm hoping David DeCastro goes at #4. He can play all the line positions and he's a beast. If Richardson's available at #22, then by all means, take him. If not, take Blackmon or Floyd.

    @butler-browns said:

    Hello all. tiphat-1.gif

    [bIf Richardson's available at #22, then by all means, take him. If not, take Blackmon or Floyd.[/b]

    none of those will be there @22.

  • @butler-browns said:

    Hello all. tiphat-1.gif

    [bIf Richardson's available at #22, then by all means, take him. If not, take Blackmon or Floyd.[/b]

    none of those will be there @22.

    @miktoxic said:

    none of those will be there @22.

    tiphat-1.gif

    I'm not making predictions as to who's going where. Luck isn't a Colt and Griffin isn't a Redskin until I hear Commissioner Goodell say it. Exspecto quod animadverto, my friend. Remember that.

  • If the Vikings trade Richardson, we can always have something to tell our grandkids:

    We had the #4 pick in the great draft of '12 when Hall of Famers Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Trent Richardson went 1-2-3.

    We had a second 1st rounder, 13 picks that year and a boatload the next year, but we just stayed at 4.

    We got a decent cornerback that played out his rookie contract and left to play for a winner.

    We were only 12 years in to the "50 years of Hell" at the time.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If the Vikings trade Richardson, we can always have something to tell our grandkids:

    We had the #4 pick in the great draft of '12 when Hall of Famers Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Trent Richardson went 1-2-3.

    We had a second 1st rounder, 13 picks that year and a boatload the next year, but we just stayed at 4.

    We got a decent cornerback that played out his rookie contract and left to play for a winner.

    We were only 12 years in to the "50 years of Hell" at the time.

    Zombo

    If this does happen, then I believe that Blackmon will be the pick at 4 and Weeden early in the second round if he is still there. I would be happy with that. I think I am one of the few on this board that believes Blackmon will be better than advertised. Played big in the big game and he was uncoverable! He reminds me of a Steve Smith, T.O. combo. I would love to have him and Little as our one two receiver punch.

  • Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

  • Richardson... Fleener.....Weeden

    Blackmon....Weeden.... Doug Martin...

    Blackmon.... OT Martin....Doug Martin...

    Thursday night seems so far away. LOL

  • Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

    @browns57 said:

    Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

    I agree with those two as our target first round picks. So which one of the two will we pick first?

  • Blackmon, Stephen Hill, Alshon Jeffery

    A nice receiver core 😃

  • I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

  • I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

    @feartheroo said:

    I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

  • @feartheroo said:

    I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

    @cambridgeho said:

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    @feartheroo said:

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

  • @feartheroo said:

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    @miktoxic said:

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    If we can't get Trent Richardson, how about David Wilson? Virginia Tech. Complete freaking stud.

  • @feartheroo said:

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    @miktoxic said:

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

  • @miktoxic said:

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

    @feartheroo said:

    Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

    Or a guy who can throw the ball more than 10 yards.