Skip to content

Gut Feeling (Draft)

The Browns Board
70 26 2.9k
  • I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

  • I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

    @feartheroo said:

    I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

  • @feartheroo said:

    I've read multiple sources stating that the Rams are looking to replace Steven Jackson, who's unhappy with his contract. Shopping him and trading up to get Richardson is the plan. Now how would Browns fans feel if we get jumped for RG3 and Richardson? That would be probably be one of the worst case scenarios for our draft.

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

    @cambridgeho said:

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil and then doug martin and then ruben randell. Still a good 1st 3 picks. I still think st louis want Blackmon though. So if they jump they will snag him. They also have 2 2n rounderd i think to get the rb they need.

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    @feartheroo said:

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

  • @feartheroo said:

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    @miktoxic said:

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    If we can't get Trent Richardson, how about David Wilson? Virginia Tech. Complete freaking stud.

  • @feartheroo said:

    If Richardson isn't there, we might as well trade down. Kalil is not going to win us games next year. We need guys that can put points on the board, and we need a FO that's going to be agressive and not afraid to take risks.

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    @miktoxic said:

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

  • @miktoxic said:

    you for got about blackmon? what about claiborn for our D.

    do you even care about the draft outside of trent richardson?

    Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

    @feartheroo said:

    Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

    Or a guy who can throw the ball more than 10 yards.

  • @feartheroo said:

    Richardson is my favorite right now. Previously I had thought about Blackmon, but from what I've heard the WR's after him are just as good. If Heckert is convinced Blackmon is a Calvin Johnson - AJ Green type receiver, then go for it. The only thing I'm really against is O-lineman or defense at 4, so a no on Claiborn for that reason. Everyone knows our offense is pitiful, and could be considered one of the worst in the league. It doesn't matter how strong the defense is, you can't win if you don't put points on the board. We need guys that can score points.

    Or a guy who can throw the ball more than 10 yards.

    @butler-browns said:

    Or a guy who can throw the ball more than 10 yards.

    True, but I won't be happy with Tannhill or Weeden at 4 either. I'm sure most fans can agree, they aren't that good. RG3 and Luck are the only one's worth taking in the top5, and they will both be going 1-2 obviously.

  • @butler-browns said:

    Or a guy who can throw the ball more than 10 yards.

    True, but I won't be happy with Tannhill or Weeden at 4 either. I'm sure most fans can agree, they aren't that good. RG3 and Luck are the only one's worth taking in the top5, and they will both be going 1-2 obviously.

    @feartheroo said:

    True, but I won't be happy with Tannhill or Weeden at 4 either. I'm sure most fans can agree, they aren't that good. RG3 and Luck are the only one's worth taking in the top5, and they will both be going 1-2 obviously.

    Unless a trade is pulled off.

  • Richardson

    Keuchly/Upshaw/Hightower

    Massie/Zeitler

    Branch

    Minnifield

    Burfict

  • Richardson

    Keuchly/Upshaw/Hightower

    Massie/Zeitler

    Branch

    Minnifield

    Burfict

    @poeticg said:

    Richardson

    Keuchly/Upshaw/Hightower

    Massie/Zeitler

    Branch

    Minnifield

    Burfict

    Like the picks not a Minnifield fan.

  • It makes sense for the Bucs...breaks conventional wisdom and maybe its the gamble/difference in building a winning/exciting franchise. They have a bad fan base...they may actually sell some games out with an exciting young QB and RB.

    What is bad for the Browns- I'm all for making a championship caliber defense, but simple Cap 101 economics suggests that we don't pay two corners 20+ mil, especially given the NFL's Pro-WR rules.

    If the Browns want to bore us once more fine- I'm all for making us yawn during 12-4 seasons, but trading down and taking DTs and trading away Top 10 picks for journeyman and a Center, taking LTs, and a corner in the Top 10 and not producing wins doesn't exactly win people over- and right now cry that it doesn't matter but this organization needs to reconnect with its fans. Not necessarily me- heck I watched 16 boring @#!@#$% games last year.

    There is my rant.

    Man... you can just feel the tension building...

    @sdbrownsfan said:

    It makes sense for the Bucs...breaks conventional wisdom

    Breaking the conventional wisdom often makes the least sense of all...

    @sdbrownsfan said:

    What is bad for the Browns- I'm all for making a championship caliber defense, but simple Cap 101 economics suggests that we don't pay two corners 20+ mil, especially given the NFL's Pro-WR rules.

    Interesting take I'd not seen before... But wouldn't the new CBA keep MC's CB-bucks lower???

    @browns57 said:

    Blackmon... reminds me of a Steve Smith, T.O. combo.

    That clinches it... I don't want anything that's part T.O. 😎

    @cambridgeho said:

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil...

    I've said it before, if Kalil falls to us, our phone will ring off of the hook and we will definitely trade down.

  • @miktoxic said:

    none of those will be there @22.

    tiphat-1.gif

    I'm not making predictions as to who's going where. Luck isn't a Colt and Griffin isn't a Redskin until I hear Commissioner Goodell say it. Exspecto quod animadverto, my friend. Remember that.

    @butler-browns said:

    tiphat-1.gif

    I'm not making predictions as to who's going where. Luck isn't a Colt and Griffin isn't a Redskin until I hear Commissioner Goodell say it. Exspecto quod animadverto, my friend. Remember that.

    OK, but I will bet several drachmas that Luck will be a Colt and Griffin a Redskin by tomorrow night.

    (or whatever currency was used in the Roman Empire)

  • Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

    @browns57 said:

    Heckert has said that he like two guys and doesn't plan on trading up. One of his two picks will be there at #4. I have to believe they are refering to Richardson and Blackmon. I expect us to stay put and take one of those two at #4.

    In the words of Lee Corso: Not so fast my friend. Those 2 picks Heckert have in mind may in fact be TR and Claiborne, not Blackmon.

  • The Vikes SHOULD take Kalil and be happy, he's the highest-rated LT prospect since Thomas - higher than Jake Long. Because when you have a chance to maximize the 9-7 potential of Christian Ponder, you do it.

    Blackmon, J Martin, D Martin would be fine.

    TRich, Martin, Sanu would be fine. Sanu is significantly quicker [able to get separation from NFL CB's] than Randle, the other WR option at 37. This is what I see happening, because the Vikes OL was a sieve last year.

  • Man... you can just feel the tension building...

    @sdbrownsfan said:

    It makes sense for the Bucs...breaks conventional wisdom

    Breaking the conventional wisdom often makes the least sense of all...

    @sdbrownsfan said:

    What is bad for the Browns- I'm all for making a championship caliber defense, but simple Cap 101 economics suggests that we don't pay two corners 20+ mil, especially given the NFL's Pro-WR rules.

    Interesting take I'd not seen before... But wouldn't the new CBA keep MC's CB-bucks lower???

    @browns57 said:

    Blackmon... reminds me of a Steve Smith, T.O. combo.

    That clinches it... I don't want anything that's part T.O. 😎

    @cambridgeho said:

    We are assuming TR is going to be the pick. If we get jumped we can take Kalil...

    I've said it before, if Kalil falls to us, our phone will ring off of the hook and we will definitely trade down.

    @tour2ma said:

    Man... you can just feel the tension building...

    Breaking the conventional wisdom often makes the least sense of all...

    Interesting take I'd not seen before... But wouldn't the new CBA keep MC's CB-bucks lower???

    That clinches it... I don't want anything that's part T.O. 😎

    I've said it before, if Kalil falls to us, our phone will ring off of the hook and we will definitely trade down.

    The conventional wisdom like I mentioned you take a QB, LT, or DE high in the draft if they are great players. Some good QBs (Gabbert right off the top of my head moved into top 10) because of the position they played. Now someone posted a list of the 1st round pick over the last 3 or 4 drafts (very impressive list of RBs, but conventional wisdom says "you can find those guys later"- I think the right way is to evaluate the player not the need and position.

    CBA or no CBA his number will be high and if he plays well you have some decisions maybe when Haden's contract is up or Mo's contract is winding down (holdout? ala Revis) or ends. Everyone talks about TRich being effective 5-7 years and not much else or Weeden only having 5-7 good years. Well this secondary everyone dreams of maybe shortlived as well.

    I saw an interview with Les Miles a week ago comparing Patrick Peterson and Claiborne- if you really read between the lines he had a more glowing endorsement for Peterson. I trust the Browns know and can compare the two as well.

    I'm not sure Kalil gains interest- lots of teams looking for pass rushers in the 10-20 range and Reiff, Martin, Decastro for the oline teams is not a bad consolation prize.

  • I am not sure I like gut feelings when it comes to football.

    Too reminiscent of Butch Davis.

  • I am not sure I like gut feelings when it comes to football.

    Too reminiscent of Butch Davis.

    @the-gipper said:

    I am not sure I like gut feelings when it comes to football.

    Too reminiscent of Butch Davis.

    Well Butch Davis may as well be Tom Landry with the list of winners we've had since 1999.

  • Who knows, but I think this whole thing coming out about the Vikes liking Claiborne is a gigantic pile of nothing. The Vikes desperately need a LT and Kalil is that once every 4-5 years talent at the position. Claiborne is gonna be a stud but there's no way to me they don't take Kalil.

  • Who knows, but I think this whole thing coming out about the Vikes liking Claiborne is a gigantic pile of nothing. The Vikes desperately need a LT and Kalil is that once every 4-5 years talent at the position. Claiborne is gonna be a stud but there's no way to me they don't take Kalil.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Who knows, but I think this whole thing coming out about the Vikes liking Claiborne is a gigantic pile of nothing. The Vikes desperately need a LT and Kalil is that once every 4-5 years talent at the position. Claiborne is gonna be a stud but there's no way to me they don't take Kalil.

    i think minnesota is looking for tampa to bite. what they really want and need is claiborn. some say it's richardson. i don't think so because they already drafted blount last year. drafting up to get their guy (TB) and moving down 2 spots (MINN) and still get their guy is a win, win for them.