Skip to content

Question

The Browns Board
18 10 614
  • Of the big 3 WRs that are suppose to be in next years draft, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, and Marquess Wilson, I think I like Wilson the best.

    Marques Wilson - 6-4 183 and more than adequate speed

    Keenan Allen - 6-3 206 and at least adequate speed. Does a lot after the catch (supposedly the point of the WCO so...)

    Robert Woods - 6-1 190 but is probably the fastest of the 3.

    I havent seen 40 times for any of these guys. But I think Allen and Wilson definitely have the size and more than enough speed to be number 1 WRs in this league. Woods isn't small either, but after watching all of their HIGHlight tapes, I was more impressed with Barkley in his than himself, definitely saying something in a WRs highlight tape. Also, I have to question him based on USCs past wide receivers that have flopped.

    The only question I have for any of them, is that they are playing in the Pac-12, known for pretty poor defenses. If they were doing this in the SEC or the Big10, I would have little to no doubt they could be a great WR in this league. Wilson and Allen at least have the size that translates great.

  • Hey all,

    1st time poster and lifelong Browns fan. I wasn't crazy about the Weeden pick, but I do understand it. Either way, it is what it is and I hope the young man is the real deal...However, what happens if things don't work out well and we have another high draft pick. The 2013 draft class is ridiculously deep in QB's...Barkely, Emmanuel, Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, etc...Would we pull the trigger on a franchise guy, basically rendering the Weeden pick a failure, or would we give Weeden a chance to develop (even though he's older)?

    @rhino-bo said:

    Hey all,

    1st time poster and lifelong Browns fan. I wasn't crazy about the Weeden pick, but I do understand it. Either way, it is what it is and I hope the young man is the real deal...However, what happens if things don't work out well and we have another high draft pick. The 2013 draft class is ridiculously deep in QB's...Barkely, Emmanuel, Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, etc...Would we pull the trigger on a franchise guy, basically rendering the Weeden pick a failure, or would we give Weeden a chance to develop (even though he's older)?

    None of those guys are even as good as Colt McCoy, so I would respectfully disagree with your assessment that next year's draft is deep in QBs. Oh, certainly there are a number of them that will be available....but they are all costume jewelry. No real gems.

  • In terms of Weeden, the question I have is he better than Kirk Cousins?

    Weeden

    Cousins

    Based on the information I've read, Cousins appears to be very similar to Weeden, except he's younger and seems to be a natural leader (which I've not heard about Weeden). The Browns could use a natural leader on their team, especially on offense. Cousins wasn't taken until the 4th round. Due the selection of Brock Oswieller in the 2nd, I doubt Weeden would've fallen to the 4th round. Wouldn't Cousins have been a better pick for the Browns?

  • As far as WR

    But he sees Robinson as a wide receiver, not under center.

    “Not a quarterback, no,” Kiper said, defiantly.

    “I think you look at (Robinson) as a projection. You can make an argument really that going into next year he’s either the No. 2 or No. 1 most highly rated wide receiver option and he hasn’t even played the position.

    “That’s ’cause a lot of the receivers this year that were projected from the junior class were coming out. It’s left you with a minimal number of players that are going to be projecting super high and Denard would be one of those guys projecting as a wide receiver, slot guy.”

    lol

  • In terms of Weeden, the question I have is he better than Kirk Cousins?

    Weeden

    Cousins

    Based on the information I've read, Cousins appears to be very similar to Weeden, except he's younger and seems to be a natural leader (which I've not heard about Weeden). The Browns could use a natural leader on their team, especially on offense. Cousins wasn't taken until the 4th round. Due the selection of Brock Oswieller in the 2nd, I doubt Weeden would've fallen to the 4th round. Wouldn't Cousins have been a better pick for the Browns?

    Endymion said:

    In terms of Weeden, the question I have is he better than Kirk Cousins?

    Weeden

    Cousins

    Based on the information I've read, Cousins appears to be very similar to Weeden, except he's younger and seems to be a natural leader (which I've not heard about Weeden). The Browns could use a natural leader on their team, especially on offense. Cousins wasn't taken until the 4th round. Due the selection of Brock Oswieller in the 2nd, I doubt Weeden would've fallen to the 4th round. Wouldn't Cousins have been a better pick for the Browns?

    By all account Weeden is quite the opposite what you said: Weeden was the undisputed leader of that team. Weeden is also taller, stronger, with a better arm.

    I am not denigrating Cousins....but something like 60 picks went by between the two...each team passed on him at least once or twice.

    To me, Cousins seemed like a nice college QB. No more.

  • Provided Weeden can play all 16 games this year, you'll know for sure whether or not we need to draft another QB.

    He'll be one of the few 1st round qb picks whose grace period for learning is over before it started.

    I don't think we'll need to discuss next year. I hope not.

  • @rhino-bo said:

    Hey all,

    1st time poster and lifelong Browns fan. I wasn't crazy about the Weeden pick, but I do understand it. Either way, it is what it is and I hope the young man is the real deal...However, what happens if things don't work out well and we have another high draft pick. The 2013 draft class is ridiculously deep in QB's...Barkely, Emmanuel, Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith, Landry Jones, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, etc...Would we pull the trigger on a franchise guy, basically rendering the Weeden pick a failure, or would we give Weeden a chance to develop (even though he's older)?

    None of those guys are even as good as Colt McCoy, so I would respectfully disagree with your assessment that next year's draft is deep in QBs. Oh, certainly there are a number of them that will be available....but they are all costume jewelry. No real gems.

    @the-gipper said:

    None of those guys are even as good as Colt McCoy, so I would respectfully disagree with your assessment that next year's draft is deep in QBs. Oh, certainly there are a number of them that will be available....but they are all costume jewelry. No real gems.

    FWIW, 3 of those guys are in NFL.COM's 2013 top 10 for all players...Most of them are "prototypes", being 6'3" - 6'5" range. They are pretty highly regarded right now...

    5 of them have played in pro-style systems...With 5 step drops, pro terminology, snap counts and huddles 😆...And none of them are 30.

  • @the-gipper said:

    None of those guys are even as good as Colt McCoy, so I would respectfully disagree with your assessment that next year's draft is deep in QBs. Oh, certainly there are a number of them that will be available....but they are all costume jewelry. No real gems.

    FWIW, 3 of those guys are in NFL.COM's 2013 top 10 for all players...Most of them are "prototypes", being 6'3" - 6'5" range. They are pretty highly regarded right now...

    5 of them have played in pro-style systems...With 5 step drops, pro terminology, snap counts and huddles 😆...And none of them are 30.

    @rhino-bo said:

    FWIW, 3 of those guys are in NFL.COM's 2013 top 10 for all players...Most of them are "prototypes", being 6'3" - 6'5" range. They are pretty highly regarded right now...

    5 of them have played in pro-style systems...With 5 step drops, pro terminology, snap counts and huddles 😆...And none of them are 30.

    Well, Matt Barkley ain't one of them. He is shorter than McCoy, slower than McCoy and without even McCoy's arm strength.

  • Isn't Landry Jones eithee

  • Isn't Landry Jones eithee

    @choco said:

    Isn't Landry Jones eithee

    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's benched for Blake Bell this year.