Skip to content

Top 30 Qbs

The Browns Board
43 17 2.0k
  • A year ago Eli Manning probably would not have made the Top Ten. Now he is in Top 5.

    I wonder who is going to have a breakout season like that this year, i.e, which QB on this list can go from like 10-15 to top 5 like Eli did, or go from down into the 20s to close to top ten?

    Some candidates: If the guys from 7-12, Rivers, Flacco, Vick, Cutler, Romo, Ryan, or Vick end up taking their team to a Super Bowl win, they will jump into the top 5.

    If Newton, Smith, Dalton, or Bradford have a big breakout year, they could get a jump into Top Ten status.

  • I think Stafford is to low. To me he is better than, Ryan, Romo, and Rivers. I don't get the love for Rivers at all.What has he ever done? People, for years, have picked the Chargers to win something and people say the Chargers have great talent and they disappoint every year. To me Rivers is WAY to high

  • Stafford is maybe 8 slots low and Tebow is maybe 10 slots low.

  • I think Stafford is to low. To me he is better than, Ryan, Romo, and Rivers. I don't get the love for Rivers at all.What has he ever done? People, for years, have picked the Chargers to win something and people say the Chargers have great talent and they disappoint every year. To me Rivers is WAY to high

    @browns149 said:

    I think Stafford is to low. To me he is better than, Ryan, Romo, and Rivers. I don't get the love for Rivers at all.What has he ever done? People, for years, have picked the Chargers to win something and people say the Chargers have great talent and they disappoint every year. To me Rivers is WAY to high

    Rivers has taken his team to a couple of AFC Championship games, I believe. He has been an outstanding QB, but had a bad year last year. I also believe he has been hampered by having a bad HC.

  • Stafford is maybe 8 slots low and Tebow is maybe 10 slots low.

    @ballpeen said:

    Stafford is maybe 8 slots low and Tebow is maybe 10 slots low.

    Tebow is now essentially a backup and a special teams player, so I think he is lucky to even be included. If we were including backups then he likes of Tavaris Jackson, John Skelton, TJ Yates, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Curtis Painter, Jon Kitna, Jake Locker, Byron Leftwich...even Colt McCoy etc. would also have to be considered.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Stafford is maybe 8 slots low and Tebow is maybe 10 slots low.

    Tebow is now essentially a backup and a special teams player, so I think he is lucky to even be included. If we were including backups then he likes of Tavaris Jackson, John Skelton, TJ Yates, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Curtis Painter, Jon Kitna, Jake Locker, Byron Leftwich...even Colt McCoy etc. would also have to be considered.

    @the-gipper said:

    Tebow is now essentially a backup and a special teams player, so I think he is lucky to even be included. If we were including backups then he likes of Tavaris Jackson, John Skelton, TJ Yates, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Curtis Painter, Jon Kitna, Jake Locker, Byron Leftwich...even Colt McCoy etc. would also have to be considered.

    I would argue Caleb Hanie is a better QB than Tim Tebow. When it comes to quarterback mechanics and style of player which was what Jaws really based a lot of his order on, everyone is better than Tebow. It is why Fitzpatrick is lower than Sanchez. Fitz is essentially better than Sanchez in every aspect, but Jaws hates his mechanics so much he said he couldn't make Fitz any higher than he did because of it. Jaws' Top 30 is informational but not necessarily accurate. Even though he is a former player/analyst doesn't mean he isn't bias.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Tebow is now essentially a backup and a special teams player, so I think he is lucky to even be included. If we were including backups then he likes of Tavaris Jackson, John Skelton, TJ Yates, David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Curtis Painter, Jon Kitna, Jake Locker, Byron Leftwich...even Colt McCoy etc. would also have to be considered.

    I would argue Caleb Hanie is a better QB than Tim Tebow. When it comes to quarterback mechanics and style of player which was what Jaws really based a lot of his order on, everyone is better than Tebow. It is why Fitzpatrick is lower than Sanchez. Fitz is essentially better than Sanchez in every aspect, but Jaws hates his mechanics so much he said he couldn't make Fitz any higher than he did because of it. Jaws' Top 30 is informational but not necessarily accurate. Even though he is a former player/analyst doesn't mean he isn't bias.

    @kentlife said:

    I would argue Caleb Hanie is a better QB than Tim Tebow. When it comes to quarterback mechanics and style of player which was what Jaws really based a lot of his order on, everyone is better than Tebow. It is why Fitzpatrick is lower than Sanchez. Fitz is essentially better than Sanchez in every aspect, but Jaws hates his mechanics so much he said he couldn't make Fitz any higher than he did because of it. Jaws' Top 30 is informational but not necessarily accurate. Even though he is a former player/analyst doesn't mean he isn't bias.

    No, but give the guy credit, by all accounts he works very hard on and understands the craft of Quarterbacking....given how long he played the position and has commented on it. You can't really question the guys credentials.

    And, I don't see why it is "bias" to say that a QB isn't good if he doesn't have good mechanics. That is his opinion. Yes, there have been good QBs with poor mechanics (Hello Bernie), but if Jaws thinks that good mechanics are essential to good QB that is an honest opinion.

  • @browns149 said:

    I think Stafford is to low. To me he is better than, Ryan, Romo, and Rivers. I don't get the love for Rivers at all.What has he ever done? People, for years, have picked the Chargers to win something and people say the Chargers have great talent and they disappoint every year. To me Rivers is WAY to high

    Rivers has taken his team to a couple of AFC Championship games, I believe. He has been an outstanding QB, but had a bad year last year. I also believe he has been hampered by having a bad HC.

    @the-gipper said:

    Rivers has taken his team to a couple of AFC Championship games, I believe. He has been an outstanding QB, but had a bad year last year. I also believe he has been hampered by having a bad HC.

    He got his team to 1 AFC title game, He had a 14-2 team in 2006 and LOST in the divisional round with home field and the best AFC record.He had a 13-3 team in 2009 and lost in the divisional round in the same scenario.. His team has been in the playoofs 4 times and has a 3-4 record. And all those teams were supposed to better then they were. OVER RATED!!!!!!!!!!

  • Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

  • Shut the fuvk up already

  • Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

    @poeticg said:

    Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

    Colt sucks...

  • Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

    @poeticg said:

    Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

    Wow.

    He's 6'1 with a weak arm, no deep ball and limited accuracy.

    21 starts, we scored more than 20 points three times. Once last year. Twice in in 2010 thanks to David Bowen and our fleet-footed punter.

    He fucking sucks man, seriously, let's move on.

    Great guy, bad quarterback.

    Weedster is the shit. Get on board and be proud to be a Browns fan again instead of nobly sticking up for a shitty player that lost a lot but goes to church, tries hard and loves kids and dogs.

    It's embarrassing. Colt fucking sucks. I can say it now that we replaced him. Move the fuck on.

    Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden and Dick Jauron's defense ARE the team now. Get rid of your old notions, sad excuses and posters of pitiful players that tried hard.

    We're going to win now. You might like it. Maybe you can still be facebook friends with Colt or something if that helps.

    Zombo

  • Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

    @poeticg said:

    Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

    You're out of your fukcing mind.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Rivers has taken his team to a couple of AFC Championship games, I believe. He has been an outstanding QB, but had a bad year last year. I also believe he has been hampered by having a bad HC.

    He got his team to 1 AFC title game, He had a 14-2 team in 2006 and LOST in the divisional round with home field and the best AFC record.He had a 13-3 team in 2009 and lost in the divisional round in the same scenario.. His team has been in the playoofs 4 times and has a 3-4 record. And all those teams were supposed to better then they were. OVER RATED!!!!!!!!!!

    @browns149 said:

    He got his team to 1 AFC title game, He had a 14-2 team in 2006 and LOST in the divisional round with home field and the best AFC record.He had a 13-3 team in 2009 and lost in the divisional round in the same scenario.. His team has been in the playoofs 4 times and has a 3-4 record. And all those teams were supposed to better then they were. OVER RATED!!!!!!!!!!

    Again, bad coach. Norv Turner has been a choker always.

  • @poeticg said:

    Colt should be in the top 20 somewhere! This is Bullshit. McCoy is getting railroaded and it's complete bullshit. I know that I see a winner in Colt. If we let him get away we will once again regret but in some fucked up way, justify it that we're somehow the better for it. No respect for our QB out there? Did anyone else see the stuff the youngster has been put through so far? He was drafted here to learn the speed of the game and get better wasn't he?!! Well from lack of a veteran able to keep Colt on the bench to learn and no get killed, he had to go out and get killed. The kid has took his lumps out there for us. He has been around the block a time or two. He's took Pittsburgh's toughest "best-cheap" shot and he's not phased. Maybe Weeden can be that "Veteran" presence to somehow- backwards and as strange sounding as it sounds, mentor McCoy in some fashion? Hmm..

    I just say that Colt is still young and with the team getting better around him(something everyone seems to think "has to be" in order for Colt to succeed) maybe he gets another shot at it. I just hope he can find a way to "stick" around and to keep being a positive force in the lockerroom and in the culture of our franchise and fanbase. Colt is a smart kid, he's not dumbjock. If he still thinks he can do this then I say damnit he earned at least 1 chance to prove himself IMO. If he calculates and kinda notices that "my arm is weak" or "I'm not tall enough to be a franchise QB" or any other nonsense, I'm quite sure that he'd be the first one to fall back and embrace a backup QB position just like Seneca Wallace has done his whole career. But in that he's fighting and striving to keep Weeden back, that shows me something that cannot be measured in stats. I'd like to see what connections he made internally and externally during this off-season. Something tells me that some of you might not recognize the youngster wearing #12 and doing everything "right".

    I still believe in you Colt. In Jesus' name Brother.

    Wow.

    He's 6'1 with a weak arm, no deep ball and limited accuracy.

    21 starts, we scored more than 20 points three times. Once last year. Twice in in 2010 thanks to David Bowen and our fleet-footed punter.

    He fucking sucks man, seriously, let's move on.

    Great guy, bad quarterback.

    Weedster is the shit. Get on board and be proud to be a Browns fan again instead of nobly sticking up for a shitty player that lost a lot but goes to church, tries hard and loves kids and dogs.

    It's embarrassing. Colt fucking sucks. I can say it now that we replaced him. Move the fuck on.

    Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden and Dick Jauron's defense ARE the team now. Get rid of your old notions, sad excuses and posters of pitiful players that tried hard.

    We're going to win now. You might like it. Maybe you can still be facebook friends with Colt or something if that helps.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Wow.

    He's 6'1 with a weak arm, no deep ball and limited accuracy.

    I think he is taller. Nevertheless....People are going to gaga over a guy that is an exact duplicate of Colt: Matt Barkley.

    21 starts, we scored more than 20 points three times. Once last year. Twice in in 2010 thanks to David Bowen and our fleet-footed punter.

    He fucking sucks man, seriously, let's move on.

    Great guy, bad quarterback.

    Weedster is the shit. Get on board and be proud to be a Browns fan again instead of nobly sticking up for a shitty player that lost a lot but goes to church, tries hard and loves kids and dogs.

    It's embarrassing. Colt fucking sucks. I can say it now that we replaced him. Move the fuck on.

    Trent Richardson, Brandon Weeden and Dick Jauron's defense ARE the team now. Get rid of your old notions, sad excuses and posters of pitiful players that tried hard.

    We're going to win now. You might like it. Maybe you can still be facebook friends with Colt or something if that helps.

    One question: BW3 is going to be playing in the big leagues now, and, one thing about him that most agree on is that he is statuesque, i.e. immobile. If he unfortunatly gets hammered into submission and is going to be out for a bit...or a while, who you gonna call to back him up?

    Seneca is worse than Colt.

    Zombo

  • I think he is taller

    He's not.

    Seneca is worse than Colt.

    At what?

    Wallace 452 764 4,808 59.2 6.29 31 18 81.3

    McCoy 400 685 4,309 58.4 6.29 20 20 74.5

    Zombo

  • I think he is taller

    He's not.

    Seneca is worse than Colt.

    At what?

    Wallace 452 764 4,808 59.2 6.29 31 18 81.3

    McCoy 400 685 4,309 58.4 6.29 20 20 74.5

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    He's not.

    OK, I see the Browns roster does list him at 6'1"....If that is really a factor, Wallace is listed at only 5'11".

    At what? Playing quarterback. Not sure what those numbers are....but I will trust my eyes.

    Wallace 452 764 4,808 59.2 6.29 31 18 81.3

    McCoy 400 685 4,309 58.4 6.29 20 20 74.5

    Zombo

  • Playing quarterback. Not sure what those numbers are....but I will trust my eyes.

    Your eyes thought Colt McCoy was taller than 6'1.

    Those numbers are career completions, attempts, yards, completion pct. yards per att., touchdowns, interceptions and quarterback rating.

    They all favor Wallace.

    I don't mind an athletic veteran backup that is 5'11.

    I can't stomach a weak armed, slow thinking starter that is 6'1.

    If you think McCoy would be a more suitable backup than Wallace you are entitled to your opinion.

    I don't think McCoy adds much value to the equation at all. I keep the athletic veteran that has been in the system forever to backup the Weedster and develop a third young guy (with a real arm) to assume the backup mantle.

    Zombo

  • fully agree Z. QB's that cant throw arent really QB's....they're accountants and car salemen.

    this entire offseason has been funny.....many colt loyalists throwing the other 10 members of the O under the bus for anything less than perfect play, while ignoring just how less than adequate colt was. its not about logic bro...just emotion. its everywhere.....arguments for colt are not "he's a great QB", rather its "he's got heart and he's young".

    unfortunately....those traits dont win football games. an NFL arm, however, does.

    colt sucks....

  • Playing quarterback. Not sure what those numbers are....but I will trust my eyes.

    Your eyes thought Colt McCoy was taller than 6'1.

    Those numbers are career completions, attempts, yards, completion pct. yards per att., touchdowns, interceptions and quarterback rating.

    They all favor Wallace.

    I don't mind an athletic veteran backup that is 5'11.

    I can't stomach a weak armed, slow thinking starter that is 6'1.

    If you think McCoy would be a more suitable backup than Wallace you are entitled to your opinion.

    I don't think McCoy adds much value to the equation at all. I keep the athletic veteran that has been in the system forever to backup the Weedster and develop a third young guy (with a real arm) to assume the backup mantle.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Your eyes thought Colt McCoy was taller than 6'1.

    Those numbers are career completions, attempts, yards, completion pct. yards per att., touchdowns, interceptions and quarterback rating.

    They all favor Wallace.

    Wallace has been in the league 10 years, McCoy 2. In 2 years McCoy accomplished what Wallace did in 10.

    I don't mind an athletic veteran backup that is 5'11.

    I can't stomach a weak armed, slow thinking starter that is 6'1.

    I think Wallace has a millisecond more speed than MCoy, beyond that I don't see anything in Wallace that says he has a stronger arm or is faster thinking than McCoy.

    In essence, he has all the attributes of McCoy, execept he is a full 2 inches shorter.

    If you think McCoy would be a more suitable backup than Wallace you are entitled to your opinion.

    Wallace may....or should have the mindset that tells him that he is a backup. McCoy may not yet have that mindset. That is perhaps the only thing Wallace has....a resignation to the fact that he is a scrub....that McCoy may not yet have.

    I don't think McCoy adds much value to the equation at all. I keep the athletic veteran that has been in the system forever to backup the Weedster and develop a third young guy (with a real arm) to assume the backup mantle.

    I think Wallace adds less value to the equation, from a football standpoint, paritularly when added to his outlook. He detracts a lot in my opinion from the attitude standpoint.

    I understand that it might be politically correct for Colt to not be here, having been pushed aside as a starter by the guy he must now backup.

    As far as I am concerned if we are to get rid of one, we should get rid of both. In that event I think we need a quality veteran backup (and that ain't Wallace) AND another younger guy to play 3rd string.

    Zombo