Josh Gordon
-
You just defined every single draft pick ever. No one knows how any of them will do. Period. Everyone rolls the dice.
fail. wasn't talking about any picks.....rather, the silly segment of fans see an upgrade from a prospect with one season of experience..... presumably based on his size and speed (which isn't that fast anyway). this isn't me talking about any of the prospects....this is me laughing at the massive amounts of idiots that think we've fixed our WR problem by adding an inexperienced pot smoker that can run.
oh yeah....coly mccoy is going to the pro-bopwl this year too....he won all kinds of games in college. he'll be awesome in brown and orange....
lmao....
fail. wasn't talking about any picks.....rather, the silly segment of fans see an upgrade from a prospect with one season of experience..... presumably based on his size and speed (which isn't that fast anyway). this isn't me talking about any of the prospects....this is me laughing at the massive amounts of idiots that think we've fixed our WR problem by adding an inexperienced pot smoker that can run.
oh yeah....coly mccoy is going to the pro-bopwl this year too....he won all kinds of games in college. he'll be awesome in brown and orange....
lmao....
So all of the other picks will be fantastic because of their measurables (which is all anyone has to go on for draft picks), but this kid will be terrible because measurables don't equate to NFL success?
And this kid isn't going to be any good because he has nothing on his college resume, yet neither will Colt McCoy because...he has too much on his college resume?
You contradict yourself every time you respond. Do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up.
How is this any different than adding someone in the draft? It's not..that's how.
The only leg you have to stand on is that he got caught smoking pot...once. And has since passed two drug tests at Utah and passed a surprise drug test before his pro day. And he posted an impressive Wonderlic score as well.
Fact is, he impressed Holmgren and Heckert enough after having dinner with them for them to pull the trigger on him.
But..but...but...he got caught smoking pot. He's a bad guy. I don't want da big black pot smokers on my team.
-
Holy shit, we used a second on this guy? holy shit.
I am not adding anything this discussion than to say I am surprised. We need him. Go heckert. Hope we don't miss that pick next year. *fingers crossed*
-
Well it looks like Colt and Carlton Mitchell are headed to greener pastures. I don't see him as an upgrade over Tommy Streeter, Stephen Hill or even Marvin Mcnutt... With some pretty nice names at WR next year would have prefered waiting for someone like Justin Hunter. Besides his 12" hands nothing remarkable as Jim Brown would say. If we could have gotten him at 3 or 4 i wouldn't mind but a 2nd rounder for us is like a 1st rounder for some other teams. I think they are just trying to appease the fan base and try to get to the playoffs quicker...not sur this one will pay off though...hope i'm wrong.
-
I agree man.....be proactive. Look to improve. We did that today.
-
Gordon is a starter right now.. he's got better hands, is faster, and runs better routes than Massadrop. Yes, he'll probably lead the league in drops/target like Little did - and for the same reason - but his ceiling is 10x higher than Massaquoi's ever was.
Little/Gordon/Norwood/Cribbs/MoMa/Mitchell would be the 6 WR's I'd go to battle with this year. Cooper on the taxi squad.
If this was the normal draft, Gordon is a 1st rounder. He fell asleep in a car where there was pot.. big deal.
-
I think we finally have a Front Office that will take a chance to improve & I am excited with this move. What I was afraid of most was that we would wait until the 3rd & one of the already solid teams would jump on him late in the 2nd. I have literally no doubt that would have happened had we waited.
Look at it this way...we didn't wait, hoping they were there later, for T Rich, Weeden, Schwartz, & now Gordon. I applaud this aggressive Team building.....It's long over due, but it's happening NOW!
Mike
-
I think we finally have a Front Office that will take a chance to improve & I am excited with this move. What I was afraid of most was that we would wait until the 3rd & one of the already solid teams would jump on him late in the 2nd. I have literally no doubt that would have happened had we waited.
Look at it this way...we didn't wait, hoping they were there later, for T Rich, Weeden, Schwartz, & now Gordon. I applaud this aggressive Team building.....It's long over due, but it's happening NOW!
Mike
I think we finally have a Front Office that will take a chance to improve & I am excited with this move. What I was afraid of most was that we would wait until the 3rd & one of the already solid teams would jump on him late in the 2nd. I have literally no doubt that would have happened had we waited.
Look at it this way...we didn't wait, hoping they were there later, for T Rich, Weeden, Schwartz, & now Gordon. I applaud this aggressive Team building.....It's long over due, but it's happening NOW!
Mike
Aaaah, I'm excited, but the last time I was this excited was when we picked up Big Baby, Stallworth and Williams(?).
-
Interview with Josh Gordon... seems like a good kid... Now I really can't wait for the season to start!!!
-
He does seem like a guy that realizes he made a mistake and doesn't want to repeat what happened. Let's hope he's as genuine as he's coming off. This guy makes us better. I said it a few days ago and I can finally set it in stone now that he's a Brown.
The Browns will make the playoffs this year.
-
I figure that Washington, New England, Ratbirds and Squeelers, Eagles... a lot of teams
would have nabbed him in the later round - before the Browns had another chance.
Kid seems a whole lot more wise, and a good one.
Really nice, smart move by the Browns.
Playoffs? Browns? You're kidding?
I'm not. The Browns have added real solutions to the weaknesses on the roster.
This next season is going to be a LOT of FUN !
-
There are alot of idiots on this board...
-
The only thing I'm worried about, is our luck on WR's in the 2nd round.
We keep drafting more WR's in the 2nd round to replace past 2nd round WR failures.
I think we've had like 7 to 9 2nd round WR's and so far none have panned out (Little is still pending).
Johnson,
Northcutt
Q
Davis
Robiskie
Massaquoi
Anyone name any other 2nd round WR's we've failed on?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
