Skip to content

John Gruden fired by the Bucs

The Browns Board
44 25 2.7k
  • GeechG Geech wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This was just reported by Adam Schefter on NFL Network.

    Shanahan and Gruden...two guys I'd give Lerner's left nut to coach the Browns...

    -Al

  • DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
    #2

    you beat me 2 it...holy sheit..

    can we dump mangini?...ouch.

  • GeechG Geech wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Bucs (former) GM Bruce Allen was also shown the door.

    -Al

  • FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Gruden manages to field good defenses, but if you're looking at the BIG picture...what has he done? He got the Raiders to the verge but couldn't win it all and he won the Super Bowl with Dungy's pre-built Buccaneers and that was 6 years ago. The NFL is VERY much a "what have you done for me lately" league.

    Doug

  • DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Speculation is Shanahan will end up there..or big d.

  • Gruden manages to field good defenses, but if you're looking at the BIG picture...what has he done? He got the Raiders to the verge but couldn't win it all and he won the Super Bowl with Dungy's pre-built Buccaneers and that was 6 years ago. The NFL is VERY much a "what have you done for me lately" league.

    Doug

    GeechG Geech wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @furnier said:

    The NFL is VERY much a "what have you done for me lately" league.

    Doug

    I think it's a "what are you gonna do for me next" league. This definitely finalizes the Gruden-Garcia divorce.

    -Al

  • B BOSSY wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Gruden never did much. His offenses were pathetic. He could never draft a good QB or RB for that matter.

    Monty Kiffen left to take over his son's defense in TN.

    He was not a good coach. See ya Chucky.

  • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @inspecta said:

    Yeah I get what you guys are saying, and it's kinda cliche' but I love his fire on the sidelines.

    Thats the one thing I really didn't like about Mangini, we got another emotionless coach on Sunday's, and I really think the cats on this team need a fire lit under their asses.

    Amen

  • B BOSSY wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Herm Edwards is the next one to be fired.

  • This was just reported by Adam Schefter on NFL Network.

    Shanahan and Gruden...two guys I'd give Lerner's left nut to coach the Browns...

    -Al

    rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by rich4eagle
    #10

    @geech said:

    This was just reported by Adam Schefter on NFL Network.

    Shanahan and Gruden...two guys I'd give Lerner's left nut to coach the Browns...

    -Al

    Gruden never was worth a shiet just a product of players performing ........he was always just another overhyped stunnead.....who happened to be in the right place once

    and neither is very good Geech so keep the left nut............my my disappointing on your part

  • Speculation is Shanahan will end up there..or big d.

    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #11

    @destinfunk said:

    Speculation is Shanahan will end up there..or big d.

    Sounds right to me but still thats hard to believe they let gruden go...talk about a big mistake..

    Im still betting some on this board that hate mangini now will be drinking his mayonaise in 2 years..😉

  • T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I'd take a Shanahan but definetly not a Gruden.

  • L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by lemosley01
    #13

    @inspecta said:

    Yeah I get what you guys are saying, and it's kinda cliche' but I love his fire on the sidelines.

    Thats the one thing I really didn't like about Mangini, we got another emotionless coach on Sunday's, and I really think the cats on this team need a fire lit under their asses.

    I've heard that Mangini is a very different locker room presence, and he runs tough training camps. Neither qualities RAC can claim.

    Gruden is a Cleveland local guy isn't he? That's one for him. I think Mangini 'gets it', though (witness his sending dinner to the media).

  • @inspecta said:

    Yeah I get what you guys are saying, and it's kinda cliche' but I love his fire on the sidelines.

    Thats the one thing I really didn't like about Mangini, we got another emotionless coach on Sunday's, and I really think the cats on this team need a fire lit under their asses.

    I've heard that Mangini is a very different locker room presence, and he runs tough training camps. Neither qualities RAC can claim.

    Gruden is a Cleveland local guy isn't he? That's one for him. I think Mangini 'gets it', though (witness his sending dinner to the media).

    FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @lemosley01 said:

    I've heard that Mangini is a very different locker room presence, and he runs tough training camps. Neither qualities RAC can claim.

    Gruden is a Cleveland local guy isn't he? That's one for him. I think Mangini 'gets it', though (witness his sending dinner to the media).

    Gruden was born in my hometown (Sandusky), but left at an early age.

    DWJ

  • Gruden manages to field good defenses, but if you're looking at the BIG picture...what has he done? He got the Raiders to the verge but couldn't win it all and he won the Super Bowl with Dungy's pre-built Buccaneers and that was 6 years ago. The NFL is VERY much a "what have you done for me lately" league.

    Doug

    B Beanpot wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @furnier said:

    Gruden manages to field good defenses, but if you're looking at the BIG picture...what has he done? He got the Raiders to the verge but couldn't win it all and he won the Super Bowl with Dungy's pre-built Buccaneers and that was 6 years ago. The NFL is VERY much a "what have you done for me lately" league.

    Doug

    I don't buy the whole "he won with Dungy's players, so what" thing. While it's true that a foundation was in place, he did what Dungy wasn't able to do. His BIG picture includes five division championships in twelve years as a head coach and one Super Bowl ring. Parse the record any way you like, but that's a pretty a-okay BIG picture.

    Much of the fan base and media down here don't care for the guy. He treated Alstott and Lynch poorly and that's pretty much enough to get you on the bad side of any Buc fan. I don't think he's a particularly likable man and I'm not at all sorry that he's not going to be our next coach, but Gruden has had a damn successful career.

    Beanpot

  • Speculation is Shanahan will end up there..or big d.

    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @destinfunk said:

    Speculation is Shanahan will end up there..or big d.

    From ESPN....Shanahan said the Bucs have not contacted him and he has never spoken to them.

    It's believed that Raheem Morris is going to be the Bucs next HC.

    I think it's B.S. that TB waited so long to fire Gruden. Should've done it earlier to give him an opportunity to get another job if he so desires,

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Well with Monte Kiffin gone, Their defense is goona suck and TB have always been an unpredictable team ! I guess DAllas will go for Jon GRuden !

  • Well with Monte Kiffin gone, Their defense is goona suck and TB have always been an unpredictable team ! I guess DAllas will go for Jon GRuden !

    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @brownindian said:

    Well with Monte Kiffin gone, Their defense is goona suck and TB have always been an unpredictable team ! I guess DAllas will go for Jon GRuden !

    You might be right. It sounds like a logical place for him to be, but... Gruden and Jerry Jones....I have a hard time picturing that.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Man, the Bucs screwed Gruden by waiting so long to fire him. The Browns not only already filled the HC job, but just finalized the Coordinator jobs ... now with Shannahan coming back into the picture to interview, they really limited Grudens opportunities to get in with another franchise by next season.

    I like Chucky ... I could see him here. Our timing is always messed up ... I am on record of advising Lerner to wait until the Super Bowl before selecting a coach.

  • S standish wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Gruden was on the hot seat after poor redzone offense this season so its not that surprising. Im very surprised they let Bruce Allen go though, can't think of many bad free agent aquisitions on his part and he has them around $46 mill under cap for next year...