Skip to content

Tehran

Political Discussion
34 7 1.2k
  • Yes, Steve, John Lewis believes the Earth is 6000 years old.

  • Steve you need to take a break man. Rest is good for everyone.

  • I know it embarrasses you to admit it Heck.

    Virgin birth died for our sins Son of God miracles rose from the dead etetera.

    You were wrong, just admit and move on.

    WSS

  • I know it embarrasses you to admit it Heck.

    Virgin birth died for our sins Son of God miracles rose from the dead etetera.

    You were wrong, just admit and move on.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I know it embarrasses you to admit it Heck.

    Virgin birth died for our sins Son of God miracles rose from the dead etetera.

    You were wrong, just admit and move on.

    WSS

    Can you prove this?

    or were u being sarcastic?

  • No, I really don't have to admit it, Steve. I really don't. I just feel like I'm talking to a dope and get tired of trying to be on your page when it comes to reality, and what words mean.

    The basic precepts of Christianity are not what constitutes fundamentalism. Otherwise you'd refer to anyone who think Christ is the Son of God as fundamentalist. That's not what fundamentalism entails.

    You don't get to pick three boxes to check off and then declare someone a fundamentalist. Sorry.

    But I'm happy to move on. Because I don't care what you think it means.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I know it embarrasses you to admit it Heck.

    Virgin birth died for our sins Son of God miracles rose from the dead etetera.

    You were wrong, just admit and move on.

    WSS

    Can you prove this?

    or were u being sarcastic?

    @mld-woody said:

    Can you prove this?

    or were u being sarcastic?

    Prove what?

    I know you don't follow the things you gripe about carefully but let me explain.

    In another thread heck made the claim that there are no fundamentalist Christians that are Democrats or Liberals.

    Thought that was a silly statement and gave him 3 of the top of my head, which he bitched about about.

    Then, even though he had already been proven incorrect, I went on to explain that most of the black Congressional Caucus join conservative black churches.

    And that those churches are fundamentalist churches.

    then I posted the Wikipedia page which describes fundamentalist Christianity as believing in, I believe, 5 basic principles.

    As I recall:

    Son of God,virgin gin birth, rose from the dead, died on the cross for our sins and performing miracles.

    I'm not asking 1 anyone to believe in any of those things but really stating that plenty of Democrats either do or say they do.

    This particular thread is another example of my friends knee jerk contrarian ism.

    I had mentioned, again in another thread, that I didn't like to see the American demonstrations of joy when we killed bin Laden.

    didn't really see the difference between that and people in head gear dancing in the streets in Tehran over American deaths.

    Rather than address heck decided to belly ache that no one war turbans in Tehran.

    I don't know why he decided to waste time on that but I was commenting here that I just saw some footage from a recent demonstration in Tehran and plenty of the participants wore turbans.

    They weren't very important arguments either way.

    WSS

  • It was a huge "heckbunker gets ass booted to the second floor" kind of thing.

    It's amusing to watch alleged mr know it all ...not understand reality when he

    gets completely lost in in his changing of subjects and redefining what the

    "definition of "is" is."

    They do it, btw, because they are completely drenched in Egypt.

  • I thought a Fundamentalist Christian was someone that took the Bible literally? So more than just what you said. Also like the world actually flooded and a guy actually built an arc, the earth is actually 6000 years old, etc

  • I think I actually side with Steve on this one.

    rL6uh.jpg

    If you believe Jesus came back from the dead, or that Jesus is going to save you, I'd argue that you're some sort of fundamentalist. That being said, I'd say that there is another (blurry) line to be drawn between fundamentalism and extremism.

  • So then doesn't that make every Christian a fundamentalist ?

  • To some degree.

  • Then why even have the word fundamentalist

  • So then doesn't that make every Christian a fundamentalist ?

    @mld-woody said:

    So then doesn't that make every Christian a fundamentalist ?

    Not at all woody.

    There are plenty of folks who believe in the basics of what they consider to be the teachings of Christ yet are skeptical of some of the wilder stories written thousands of years ago.

    For example, virgin birth was attributed toward quite a few larger than life figures throughout history.

    I think people could believe in the basic teachings of Christianity and not believe those things. Don't you?

    I think in your zeal to be upset with religion in general you lump in the Old Testament teachings with the New Covenant of Jesus Christ founded in the New Testament.

    Like I said not a big deal and not worth bickering about.

    right now loading prepackaged meals drinking water and ammunition into my backyard Bunker for after Obama win.

    Oh yes and cyanide pills if they break through and I'm out of bullets.

    I wonder if Stan can put the Browns board on the short wave radio?

    WSS

  • The basics of the teachings of Christ....

    I also believe we should be nice to each and respect our elders. So now I'm a Christian?

  • Then why even have the word fundamentalist

    @mld-woody said:

    Then why even have the word fundamentalist

    I'd think that some Christians who are described as fundamentalists would be more accurately described as extremists. ie. pat robertson, westboro baptist church

    @mld-woody said:

    The basics of the teachings of Christ....

    I also believe we should be nice to each and respect our elders. So now I'm a Christian?

    I think you can be a non-fundamentalist Christian if you believe Jesus had good teachings and that's why you want to follow them. There was a logical step in endorsing the teachings of Jesus. I think most American Christians are of this type.

    Once you start believing that he is the route to salvation, well, that's a fundamentalist belief. There's no evidence to say so, other than some book. You can't really go out and see that people who don't follow the Bible to a tee are actually getting punished. So you go a step further and believe that they will be punished in the afterlife. As hyperbolic as cal's posts are, I think he fits in this group. There are many of these people.

    But then, you can take it a step further. You need concrete evidence of this punishment happening, even though you have no control over it, and so then you wait until a natural disaster, say, a hurricane, floods NYC. Then you blame this on the existence of faggotry. Well. That makes you like Pat Robertson and Bunker. And fuck these people. They're ass-backwards and incapable of critical thought.

  • So all the definitions just got taken down a notch

  • Boring.jpg
  • So all the definitions just got taken down a notch

    @mld-woody said:

    So all the definitions just got taken down a notch

    Basically. I have no problem saying the Republican party has more religious extremists than the Democratic party.

  • Politics is so fucking boring.

  • 2sQGZ.jpg

    Proof.