Unbelievable Statistic
-
I was listening to the radio this morning on Mike and Mike and they related this fact:
The Kansas City Chiefs have not had a quarterback whom they themselves drafted start and win a single game for them since 1987 when Todd Blackledge QBd to a victory. That is well over 400 games ago. Amazing. Essentially then every QB that has been a starter for them has been a pickup from another team for the last 25 years.
I will tell you right now also that the HC/OC/QB combo of the Chiefs is probably as bad as there is. Matt Cassell had one single decent throw from what I saw. (the one to put them in FG territory that allowed them to tie the game). Otherwise he was awful. With any competency whatsoever the Chiefs should have won that game....though their defense did appear to be tough. Romeo should never have been chosen the HC of that team. I think they made a mistake to let go of Haley.
As it is, the Chiefs MUST get a new HC/OC, and draft the best QB available next year, because right now they are operating with dog shit.
-
Whenever I want to feel better about how the Browns play, I watch a Chiefs game.
-
I was listening to the radio this morning on Mike and Mike and they related this fact:
The Kansas City Chiefs have not had a quarterback whom they themselves drafted start and win a single game for them since 1987 when Todd Blackledge QBd to a victory. That is well over 400 games ago. Amazing. Essentially then every QB that has been a starter for them has been a pickup from another team for the last 25 years.
I will tell you right now also that the HC/OC/QB combo of the Chiefs is probably as bad as there is. Matt Cassell had one single decent throw from what I saw. (the one to put them in FG territory that allowed them to tie the game). Otherwise he was awful. With any competency whatsoever the Chiefs should have won that game....though their defense did appear to be tough. Romeo should never have been chosen the HC of that team. I think they made a mistake to let go of Haley.
As it is, the Chiefs MUST get a new HC/OC, and draft the best QB available next year, because right now they are operating with dog shit.
I was listening to the radio this morning on Mike and Mike and they related this fact:
The Kansas City Chiefs have not had a quarterback whom they themselves drafted start and win a single game for them since 1987 when Todd Blackledge QBd to a victory. That is well over 400 games ago. Amazing. Essentially then every QB that has been a starter for them has been a pickup from another team for the last 25 years.
I will tell you right now also that the HC/OC/QB combo of the Chiefs is probably as bad as there is. Matt Cassell had one single decent throw from what I saw. (the one to put them in FG territory that allowed them to tie the game). Otherwise he was awful. With any competency whatsoever the Chiefs should have won that game....though their defense did appear to be tough. Romeo should never have been chosen the HC of that team. I think they made a mistake to let go of Haley.
As it is, the Chiefs MUST get a new HC/OC, and draft the best QB available next year, because right now they are operating with dog shit.
Shocking really.. You would have though the HOF Brody Croyle would have won a game by accident..
Funny thing is Cheifs were a young an upcoming team the year Haley took them to the play offs. The following year they were devasted with injuries. The biggest mistake was firing Haley in mid season.. They have said that players play harder under interim coached because of the fear if a new coach comes in they may not be in their plans.
Scott Pioli is poop..
-
That is just simply not a commitment to developing players. Successful teams develop their quarterbacks and stick them into a situation with continuity...
We should be happy that, since they returned, the Browns have drafted a decent QB prospect three times in the first round and twice in third round. The development could have possibly been there with Couch, Frye, Quinn, or McCoy if they just committed to a coaching staff and similar scheme for a minimum of five years....
Right now the team is young and if the Haslam, Banner, and the rest of the staff believe in Weeden then they need to stick with him for years and develop him. If they even have the slightest concern with him they need to get their guy that they will commit 100% to.
-
Well they are going to get one next year. Woo!
-
Well they are going to get one next year. Woo!
Well they are going to get one next year. Woo!
Let's not put the carriage before the horse.

-
Well they are going to get one next year. Woo!
Let's not put the carriage before the horse.

Let's not put the carriage before the horse.

I think he means the Chiefs are getting a new QB. They need to. Only question is: who?
I don't mean to make this a Chiefs thread...but I am always interested in seeing a downtrodden team get better.
Figure this out: the Chiefs, though in two of the first 2 Super Bowls have not been there since 1969. (same for the Jets). I mean really, does it matter if a team made a "Super Bowl" 43 years ago vs. winning a title 48 years ago?
Prediction: The Browns will be in a Super Bowl before either the Chiefs or Jets get to another one.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login