Skip to content

Impressed? Not I

The Browns Board
51 10 2.1k
  • Homotron said:

    1. How did Ray Rice just do on the ground? Last i checked he has a much stronger pedigree than Richardson.

    2. Is Weeden better than Batch at this point? He may be better but is he better right now? I think I'd rather have Batch just for decision making alone. (long term I'd certainly rather have Weeden)

    3. Oline is a no brainer? I don't think it's a no brainer. You have Joe Thomas that would start for the Steelers. The others I'd take the Steeler counter part the whole way across the line. As of now it's 2 first rounders and 2 2nd rounders. (DeCastro is injured but Ramon Foster has been playing well above his pay grade all season.

    4 WR: I'm a little disgusted that you found it in yourself to ONLY mention Mike Wallace. There isn't a receiver on your roster that would start for the Steelers. Seriously.

    5. TE: Even? Seriously? Heath Miller in A LOT of circles is regarded as one of the most underrated players in the entire NFL. Ben Watson can't smell where he shit last. Sorry

    6. Special teams: Browns all day? Because of Cribbs? What has he done lately? Isn't this the "what have you done for me lately league?"

    7. The steeler defense is only good because of Lebeau. Got it, you're a mental midget.

    Seriously go back over what you said, think about it and then reevaluate. It's fine to be a homer. I'm a homer but i don't spew complete and total bull and what you said above is exactly that. Wake up man. I expect it to be a good game because Ben is hurt and because it's a Division game but the Browns aren't on the same level and won't be for a while.

    1.Ray Rice is a great back, just because Trich is a rookie does not mean he sucks until next yr. Trich is having a better yr than Rice

    2.your a moron saying a third string QB is better than Weeden I wish I could come thru the Computer and slap the shit out of you for saying stupid shit

    3. Your o-line has now KOed two QB Big Ben yr after yr gets crushed. Weeden Sacked 14 timesd this year we have 2 pro bowlers and should be a third on our oline, so yes we have a better oline

    4. yes only Mike Wallace Gordon and Little are both better than anyone else on your team

    5. I agree Miller is a stud- Dont know what I was thinking

    6. OK Besides Cribbs how about a field goal kicker that has not missed a field goal all yr and onl.y missed 1 last yr. I think Dawson has missed a total of 5 field goals in 5 yrs..so yes ST- Browns

    7. No Dick might be the Best DC in the NFL so we makes your Defense better with the how he gets them prepared!!! Not saying you dont have great D players, but it is all about DICK, AND FACT IS THE STEELERS LOVE DICK. Dick always finds away to fill a hole with a big black........LOL

    @tampadawgs said:

    6. OK Besides Cribbs how about a field goal kicker that has not missed a field goal all yr and onl.y missed 1 last yr. I think Dawson has missed a total of 5 field goals in 5 yrs..so yes ST- Browns

    I forgot about that one. Dawson has been so reliable, it's just taken for granted. He SHOULD be in the Pro Bowl, no other kicker is close to what he's done this year- take his makes from 50+ yards for starters. Don't want to jinx him, but how can you get better than perfection? Unfortunately because the Browns suck, he'll probably get overlooked again.

  • I'm not sure why I called Pouncey a guard and I would have liked to respond to a bunch of things in here but instead Gipper quoted what I said 48 times and now it's just a big ass mess. Cowboy running backs superior to the Steelers? Lance Dunbar? Felix Jones? Murray was hurt and you're talking out of your ass Gipper. Yes I also agree that Polamalu and Lewis are on the back end of their careers. My point was you mentioned those two like they're the most important players on the team. You THEN decide to mention Ben but then chase it with "he likely wouldn't have done any better than Bryon" a absolutely insane comment and the only reason i addressed it.

    And Tampadawgs you're talking crazy. First and foremost Mike Wallace isn't even the best receiver on the team, that designation goes to Antonio Brown. There isn't a wide receiver on the Browns roster that would fit in to the top 3 on the Steelers. Brown, Wallace and Sanders are better than anything you have on the roster. Sorry.

    EDIT: Oh and I can 100% say that the Steelers won't be bottom feeders in the division in 2 years. As long as Ben is on the roster we'll never be bottom feeders. Sorry you're just going to have to wait.

  • I'm not sure why I called Pouncey a guard and I would have liked to respond to a bunch of things in here but instead Gipper quoted what I said 48 times and now it's just a big ass mess. Cowboy running backs superior to the Steelers? Lance Dunbar? Felix Jones? Murray was hurt and you're talking out of your ass Gipper. Yes I also agree that Polamalu and Lewis are on the back end of their careers. My point was you mentioned those two like they're the most important players on the team. You THEN decide to mention Ben but then chase it with "he likely wouldn't have done any better than Bryon" a absolutely insane comment and the only reason i addressed it.

    And Tampadawgs you're talking crazy. First and foremost Mike Wallace isn't even the best receiver on the team, that designation goes to Antonio Brown. There isn't a wide receiver on the Browns roster that would fit in to the top 3 on the Steelers. Brown, Wallace and Sanders are better than anything you have on the roster. Sorry.

    EDIT: Oh and I can 100% say that the Steelers won't be bottom feeders in the division in 2 years. As long as Ben is on the roster we'll never be bottom feeders. Sorry you're just going to have to wait.

    Homotron said:

    I'm not sure why I called Pouncey a guard and I would have liked to respond to a bunch of things in here but instead Gipper quoted what I said 48 times and now it's just a big ass mess. Cowboy running backs superior to the Steelers? Lance Dunbar? Felix Jones? Murray was hurt and you're talking out of your ass Gipper. Yes I also agree that Polamalu and Lewis are on the back end of their careers. My point was you mentioned those two like they're the most important players on the team. You THEN decide to mention Ben but then chase it with "he likely wouldn't have done any better than Bryon" a absolutely insane comment and the only reason i addressed it.

    And Tampadawgs you're talking crazy. First and foremost Mike Wallace isn't even the best receiver on the team, that designation goes to Antonio Brown. There isn't a wide receiver on the Browns roster that would fit in to the top 3 on the Steelers. Brown, Wallace and Sanders are better than anything you have on the roster. Sorry.

    The biggest difference now between the Steelers and the Browns is at QB, when BR is healthy you have a huge advantage. The Browns will win on Sunday because he isnt playing.

    Your WR's are better right now. More years in the NFL and more developed but we are gaining here.

  • Homotron said:

    1. How did Ray Rice just do on the ground? Last i checked he has a much stronger pedigree than Richardson.

    2. Is Weeden better than Batch at this point? He may be better but is he better right now? I think I'd rather have Batch just for decision making alone. (long term I'd certainly rather have Weeden)

    3. Oline is a no brainer? I don't think it's a no brainer. You have Joe Thomas that would start for the Steelers. The others I'd take the Steeler counter part the whole way across the line. As of now it's 2 first rounders and 2 2nd rounders. (DeCastro is injured but Ramon Foster has been playing well above his pay grade all season.

    4 WR: I'm a little disgusted that you found it in yourself to ONLY mention Mike Wallace. There isn't a receiver on your roster that would start for the Steelers. Seriously.

    5. TE: Even? Seriously? Heath Miller in A LOT of circles is regarded as one of the most underrated players in the entire NFL. Ben Watson can't smell where he shit last. Sorry

    6. Special teams: Browns all day? Because of Cribbs? What has he done lately? Isn't this the "what have you done for me lately league?"

    7. The steeler defense is only good because of Lebeau. Got it, you're a mental midget.

    Seriously go back over what you said, think about it and then reevaluate. It's fine to be a homer. I'm a homer but i don't spew complete and total bull and what you said above is exactly that. Wake up man. I expect it to be a good game because Ben is hurt and because it's a Division game but the Browns aren't on the same level and won't be for a while.

    Two reasons the Steelers could win. 1) Shur-loss sucks. When he gets canned its addition by subtraction. The 49ers didn't do too badly when they got rid of Singletary and brought in Harbaugh no? I really believe the Browns do have the talent to compete in the NFL- NOW, but it's being stifeld by piss-poor coaching. The only game the Browns weren't competitive in this year was against the Giants. 2) If Haden can't go, the Browns CBs are a mess. Sheldon Brown is too slow and Buster Skrine too inexperienced to keep up with a #1 WR.

    Regarding the rest of your stuff-

    1) Richardson has underperformed so far compared to his draft status.

    2) The Browns finally had all their starting D-line in place against the Cowboys and it showed. If Batch isn't mobile you may need to bring in qb #4 by the end of the game.

    3) OL- your guys on injured reserve won't be playing against the Browns on Sunday- sorry about that.

    4) Gordon would be your #2 wr. He has 400+ yards despite not getting into the starting lineup until game 4.

    6) Last time I looked Cribbs is still top 10 in every, and top 5 in most punt and KR stats that matter.

    7) Steeler defense is better due to better coaching and linebacking. BTW, Rubin, Taylor, Ward and Haden would all be starting (and Jackson might be) for your vaunted defense.

    @hoorta said:

    Two reasons the Steelers could win. 1) Shur-loss sucks. When he gets canned its addition by subtraction. The 49ers didn't do too badly when they got rid of Singletary and brought in Harbaugh no? I really believe the Browns do have the talent to compete in the NFL- NOW, but it's being stifeld by piss-poor coaching. The only game the Browns weren't competitive in this year was against the Giants. 2) If Haden can't go, the Browns CBs are a mess. Sheldon Brown is too slow and Buster Skrine too inexperienced to keep up with a #1 WR.

    Regarding the rest of your stuff-

    1) Richardson has underperformed so far compared to his draft status.

    2) The Browns finally had all their starting D-line in place against the Cowboys and it showed. If Batch isn't mobile you may need to bring in qb #4 by the end of the game.

    3) OL- your guys on injured reserve won't be playing against the Browns on Sunday- sorry about that.

    4) Gordon would be your #2 wr. He has 400+ yards despite not getting into the starting lineup until game 4.

    6) Last time I looked Cribbs is still top 10 in every, and top 5 in most punt and KR stats that matter.

    7) Steeler defense is better due to better coaching and linebacking. BTW, Rubin, Taylor, Ward and Haden would all be starting (and Jackson might be) for your vaunted defense.

    Josh Gordon would NOT be a number two on the Pittsburgh roster. The Steelers also haven't had a bunch of garbage time catch up passing. Gordon does not start over Brown or Wallace and Sanders is arguably the best route runner on the team, he just had to get healthy. How the hell can you say Gordon is better than Brown? or Wallace depending on how you rank the Steeler receivers?

    EDIT: Haden would push for a spot but Keenan Lewis is playing out of his mind and Ike Taylor is arguably the best tackling corner in the NFL and you need to be able to tackle to play corner for the Steelers. I'm not sure how Haden is in run support. Rubin doesn't start, Taylor isn't healthy for you guys right now is he? If DeCastro can't be mentioned, neither can Taylor. Ward does not start and yea Jackson may beat out Foote but certainly not Timmons. We lost Sean Spence before the season started.

  • Bottom line is we will beat you guys in Sunday. In the past you could beat us with a 4th string QB. Our overall talent is improved. no way does 37 year old Charlie batch win this game. I think it will be close but we will win by two scores.

  • I'm not sure why I called Pouncey a guard and I would have liked to respond to a bunch of things in here but instead Gipper quoted what I said 48 times and now it's just a big ass mess. Cowboy running backs superior to the Steelers? Lance Dunbar? Felix Jones? Murray was hurt and you're talking out of your ass Gipper. Yes I also agree that Polamalu and Lewis are on the back end of their careers. My point was you mentioned those two like they're the most important players on the team. You THEN decide to mention Ben but then chase it with "he likely wouldn't have done any better than Bryon" a absolutely insane comment and the only reason i addressed it.

    And Tampadawgs you're talking crazy. First and foremost Mike Wallace isn't even the best receiver on the team, that designation goes to Antonio Brown. There isn't a wide receiver on the Browns roster that would fit in to the top 3 on the Steelers. Brown, Wallace and Sanders are better than anything you have on the roster. Sorry.

    EDIT: Oh and I can 100% say that the Steelers won't be bottom feeders in the division in 2 years. As long as Ben is on the roster we'll never be bottom feeders. Sorry you're just going to have to wait.

    Homotron said:

    I'm not sure why I called Pouncey a guard and I would have liked to respond to a bunch of things in here but instead Gipper quoted what I said 48 times and now it's just a big ass mess. Cowboy running backs superior to the Steelers? Lance Dunbar? Felix Jones? Murray was hurt and you're talking out of your ass Gipper.

    I quoted what you said because in every sentence you write you spew something stupis, thus I must correct the record.

    Murray and Mendenhall may be a wash...and both have been injured. I would take Felix Jones over any of the other RBs on the Steelers.

    Yes I also agree that Polamalu and Lewis are on the back end of their careers. My point was you mentioned those two like they're the most important players on the team.

    Because they HAVE BEEN the most important players on those teams for years. Both of those teams have had their reputation predicated on defense and Lewis and Polly have been the heart and soul of those defenses. Fact.

    You THEN decide to mention Ben but then chase it with "he likely wouldn't have done any better than Bryon" a absolutely insane comment and the only reason i addressed it.

    Maybe...but my point was that I believe the Ravens would have won that game with or witout BR playing in it.

    And Tampadawgs you're talking crazy. First and foremost Mike Wallace isn't even the best receiver on the team, that designation goes to Antonio Brown.

    Well then, how about the Browns just sign Wallace away from the Steelers as a FA. Then we can see how much yinz all think you can do without him..since so many of your other WRs are so much better than him

    There isn't a wide receiver on the Browns roster that would fit in to the top 3 on the Steelers. Brown, Wallace and Sanders are better than anything you have on the roster. Sorry.

    You are certainly sorry. Sure, those receivers have had better careers SO FAR...because our Receivers are: A. Greg Little, a second year player and in 2 years after just converting to WR in his junior year of college and not playing his senior year. B. Josh Gordon, a rookie who also missed his last year of College. C. Travis Benjamin, another rookie. D. Josh Cooper, another rookie. The only veterans on this WR corps are MoMass who is out constantly and Jordan Norwood, also injured.

    You have no clue if those Steeler receivers are better. They very well may not be. They are simply older and more experienced. That is all you can say about them. I like the future of the Browns group...the potential. (Which I know has often gotten sidetracked with the Browns...potential has petered out because of karma)

    EDIT: Oh and I can 100% say that the Steelers won't be bottom feeders in the division in 2 years. As long as Ben is on the roster we'll never be bottom feeders. Sorry you're just going to have to wait.

    Just because a team has a good QB doesn't mean they can't be bottom feeders. You put too much faith in Big Rapist to be your savior for everything. Good QBs have been on bad teams before. Ask the Mannings about their dad.

  • @hoorta said:

    Two reasons the Steelers could win. 1) Shur-loss sucks. When he gets canned its addition by subtraction. The 49ers didn't do too badly when they got rid of Singletary and brought in Harbaugh no? I really believe the Browns do have the talent to compete in the NFL- NOW, but it's being stifeld by piss-poor coaching. The only game the Browns weren't competitive in this year was against the Giants. 2) If Haden can't go, the Browns CBs are a mess. Sheldon Brown is too slow and Buster Skrine too inexperienced to keep up with a #1 WR.

    Regarding the rest of your stuff-

    1) Richardson has underperformed so far compared to his draft status.

    2) The Browns finally had all their starting D-line in place against the Cowboys and it showed. If Batch isn't mobile you may need to bring in qb #4 by the end of the game.

    3) OL- your guys on injured reserve won't be playing against the Browns on Sunday- sorry about that.

    4) Gordon would be your #2 wr. He has 400+ yards despite not getting into the starting lineup until game 4.

    6) Last time I looked Cribbs is still top 10 in every, and top 5 in most punt and KR stats that matter.

    7) Steeler defense is better due to better coaching and linebacking. BTW, Rubin, Taylor, Ward and Haden would all be starting (and Jackson might be) for your vaunted defense.

    Josh Gordon would NOT be a number two on the Pittsburgh roster. The Steelers also haven't had a bunch of garbage time catch up passing. Gordon does not start over Brown or Wallace and Sanders is arguably the best route runner on the team, he just had to get healthy. How the hell can you say Gordon is better than Brown? or Wallace depending on how you rank the Steeler receivers?

    EDIT: Haden would push for a spot but Keenan Lewis is playing out of his mind and Ike Taylor is arguably the best tackling corner in the NFL and you need to be able to tackle to play corner for the Steelers. I'm not sure how Haden is in run support. Rubin doesn't start, Taylor isn't healthy for you guys right now is he? If DeCastro can't be mentioned, neither can Taylor. Ward does not start and yea Jackson may beat out Foote but certainly not Timmons. We lost Sean Spence before the season started.

    Homotron said:

    Josh Gordon would NOT be a number two on the Pittsburgh roster. The Steelers also haven't had a bunch of garbage time catch up passing. Gordon does not start over Brown or Wallace and Sanders is arguably the best route runner on the team, he just had to get healthy. How the hell can you say Gordon is better than Brown? or Wallace depending on how you rank the Steeler receivers?

    You say I know nothing outside of Cleveland. You obviously know nothing outside of Pittsburgh. Gordon IS right now a rough draft project...but his potential is immeasurable. You don't see that because you don't see anything that isn't painted in piss yellow.

    EDIT: Haden would push for a spot but Keenan Lewis is playing out of his mind and Ike Taylor is arguably the best tackling corner in the NFL and you need to be able to tackle to play corner for the Steelers. I'm not sure how Haden is in run support.

    Haden is better than anything yinz have at corner. His problem is being on the field, first with his stupid adderall, then his injury. His absence has truthfully cost this team 2 wins...at least.

    Rubin doesn't start, Taylor isn't healthy for you guys right now is he?

    If DeCastro can't be mentioned, neither can Taylor.

    Rubin doesn't start? WTF are you smoking.Just shows how much you don't know. While both Taylor and Rubin have had their injury issues this year, they are both now healthy. They played together for the first time last week and held the Cowgirls to like 43 yards rushing.

    Taylor is playing on Sunday...is DeCastro?

    Or are you saying Rubin wouldn't start if he were on the Steelers. I am not so sure about that. Why would that matter?

    Ward does not start.

    Who is this wonderful Strong Safety you have that is better than TJ Ward?

    (I will grant that Sheldon Brown and Usama Young wouldn't start...we don't want them starting for us next year)

    and yea Jackson may beat out Foote but certainly not Timmons. We lost Sean Spence before the season started.

    And the Browns lost Scott Fujita and Chris Cogong. Don't even try to go one upmanship on who you lost to injury.

    I for one probably agree about Jackson. I think he is overrated...yet he is still the best we have. That is why a Jarvis Jones or Manti Teo are high on our draft wish list.

  • Bottom line is we will beat you guys in Sunday. In the past you could beat us with a 4th string QB. Our overall talent is improved. no way does 37 year old Charlie batch win this game. I think it will be close but we will win by two scores.

    @wrrebel said:

    Bottom line is we will beat you guys in Sunday. In the past you could beat us with a 4th string QB. Our overall talent is improved. no way does 37 year old Charlie batch win this game. I think it will be close but we will win by two scores.

    Batch won't win the game....but the Steelers may. I for one would never put my money on Pat Shurmur outwitting the Steelers DC.

    Oh, but Homo and others don't think he is such a big deal. Let him retire. The Steelers won't skip a beat...or at least they think they won't.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Bottom line is we will beat you guys in Sunday. In the past you could beat us with a 4th string QB. Our overall talent is improved. no way does 37 year old Charlie batch win this game. I think it will be close but we will win by two scores.

    Batch won't win the game....but the Steelers may. I for one would never put my money on Pat Shurmur outwitting the Steelers DC.

    Oh, but Homo and others don't think he is such a big deal. Let him retire. The Steelers won't skip a beat...or at least they think they won't.

    @the-gipper said:

    Batch won't win the game....but the Steelers may. I for one would never put my money on Pat Shurmur outwitting the Steelers DC.

    Oh, but Homo and others don't think he is such a big deal. Let him retire. The Steelers won't skip a beat...or at least they think they won't.

    No we will win. Our D line is playing good and will have a fun time against the Steelers O.

    You can take that to the bank!

  • Rubin wouldn't start for the Steelers and Haden is very good but there are no guarantees. I'm not sure how he is in run support but if you can't come up and tackle you don't play corner for the Steelers. I like TJ Ward but right now Will Allen is playing very well in place of Troy and has a good chemistry with Clark. I just think Ward is too much like Clark and I'm not sure that would work in our scheme. Ward is good. I also don't understand why you all are so amazingly confident you're going to win this game. We just narrowly lost to the division leading Ravens with Bryon Leftwich hurt for most of the second half. Our defense is playing lights out and in the Haley offense Batch just needs to be accurate and not turn it over. If Leftwhich didn't get rocked on that one hit we likely would have beat Baltimore. I know woulda, coulda, shoulda and the Browns always play the Steelers tough but to sit here and flat out underestimate the entire operation is pretty short sighted. Batch has been a back up for a long time in Pittsburgh for a reason.

  • Rubin wouldn't start for the Steelers and Haden is very good but there are no guarantees. I'm not sure how he is in run support but if you can't come up and tackle you don't play corner for the Steelers. I like TJ Ward but right now Will Allen is playing very well in place of Troy and has a good chemistry with Clark. I just think Ward is too much like Clark and I'm not sure that would work in our scheme. Ward is good. I also don't understand why you all are so amazingly confident you're going to win this game. We just narrowly lost to the division leading Ravens with Bryon Leftwich hurt for most of the second half. Our defense is playing lights out and in the Haley offense Batch just needs to be accurate and not turn it over. If Leftwhich didn't get rocked on that one hit we likely would have beat Baltimore. I know woulda, coulda, shoulda and the Browns always play the Steelers tough but to sit here and flat out underestimate the entire operation is pretty short sighted. Batch has been a back up for a long time in Pittsburgh for a reason.

    Homotron said:

    Rubin wouldn't start for the Steelers.

    You think Casey and Keisel are that much better. No. Rubin would thrive under LeBeau's system. If he were there you would be proclaiming him Hall of Fame talent.

    and Haden is very good but there are no guarantees. I'm not sure how he is in run support but if you can't come up and tackle you don't play corner for the Steelers.

    Haden is one of the best run support corners in the league. If he played for your team you would be proclaiming him a certain Hall of Famer.

    I like TJ Ward but right now Will Allen is playing very well in place of Troy and has a good chemistry with Clark. I just think Ward is too much like Clark and I'm not sure that would work in our scheme. Ward is good.

    Well, correct me if I am wrong, but Polly was a free safety. Ward is a strong safety.

    I don't know exactly what Clark plays. I thought he was the SS opposite Polly's. NO?

    I also don't understand why you all are so amazingly confident you're going to win this game. We just narrowly lost to the division leading Ravens with Bryon Leftwich hurt for most of the second half.

    You didn't see me say that I was confident the Browns would win. You heard me say that Shurmur can blow a game to anyone, didn't you? Including the Steelers.

    Our defense is playing lights out and in the Haley offense Batch just needs to be accurate and not turn it over. If Leftwhich didn't get rocked on that one hit we likely would have beat Baltimore.

    Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Like I said, even if BR plays, Steelers don't win that game.

    I know woulda, coulda, shoulda and the Browns always play the Steelers tough but to sit here and flat out underestimate the entire operation is pretty short sighted. Batch has been a back up for a long time in Pittsburgh for a reason.

    He hasn't been a backup, he has been 3rd string. The Browns should beat a third string QB. But, like I told you, LeBeau is far too good to allow a meathead like Shurmur beat him.

  • McClendon is already better than Hampton in my opinion and no i don't think Rubin starts because Heyward is the heir apparent to Keisel anyway and he's really coming on. I think you're insane to say that if Ben were healthy and in that game the Steelers don't win. There were several throws left on the field because Byron didn't have the wheels to make the throw. If Ben is in that game they can't stack the box as much which opens up the run game and a few throws Bryon missed are made. It's once again woulda, coulda, shoulda but in a game where the Ravens couldn't muster an offensive TD and the Steelers left a few on the field you have to think Ben makes the difference and to say otherwise is just being a bit of a "hater". I also don't get to watch the Browns as often as I'd like so i don't see Haden that much. If he's good in run support he'd be a tremendous asset but I still don't know that he beats out Ike Taylor who would be in the pro bowl if he could catch a cold. Keenan Lewis is also playing the best he's ever played and is getting pro bowl buzz this season. I liked Haden coming out and I'd take him in a second but I don't know that he beats out Taylor or Lewis. (slightly homer shaded glasses but still being serious)

    Polamalu is a SS, Clark is a Free Safety and it's always been that way and Charlie was the back up to Ben for a while until Leftwich was signed and even then that's been a coin toss. Batch got hurt the one year and they brought in Byron, just like they brought in Hoyer this week. Look at Batches record as a starter or a spot starter for the Steelers. It's good and he's gonna be just fine on Sunday.

  • McClendon is already better than Hampton in my opinion and no i don't think Rubin starts because Heyward is the heir apparent to Keisel anyway and he's really coming on. I think you're insane to say that if Ben were healthy and in that game the Steelers don't win. There were several throws left on the field because Byron didn't have the wheels to make the throw. If Ben is in that game they can't stack the box as much which opens up the run game and a few throws Bryon missed are made. It's once again woulda, coulda, shoulda but in a game where the Ravens couldn't muster an offensive TD and the Steelers left a few on the field you have to think Ben makes the difference and to say otherwise is just being a bit of a "hater". I also don't get to watch the Browns as often as I'd like so i don't see Haden that much. If he's good in run support he'd be a tremendous asset but I still don't know that he beats out Ike Taylor who would be in the pro bowl if he could catch a cold. Keenan Lewis is also playing the best he's ever played and is getting pro bowl buzz this season. I liked Haden coming out and I'd take him in a second but I don't know that he beats out Taylor or Lewis. (slightly homer shaded glasses but still being serious)

    Polamalu is a SS, Clark is a Free Safety and it's always been that way and Charlie was the back up to Ben for a while until Leftwich was signed and even then that's been a coin toss. Batch got hurt the one year and they brought in Byron, just like they brought in Hoyer this week. Look at Batches record as a starter or a spot starter for the Steelers. It's good and he's gonna be just fine on Sunday.

    Homotron said:

    McClendon is already better than Hampton in my opinion and no i don't think Rubin starts because Heyward is the heir apparent to Keisel anyway and he's really coming on.

    When you are hired by an NFL to give talent evaluation I may give some credence to your talent evaluation skill. Right now, no.

    I think you're insane to say that if Ben were healthy and in that game the Steelers don't win.

    Really? What happened last time two times BR faced the Ravens. Gee, I think it was just a year ago. Oh, yea. The Ravens won both games....first 35-7, then 23-20.

    They beat them with or without BR. Like I said. (Don't get me wrong, I am not here to praise Baltimore, but to bury them. Nevertheless...I can read a score)

    There were several throws left on the field because Byron didn't have the wheels to make the throw. If Ben is in that game they can't stack the box as much which opens up the run game and a few throws Bryon missed are made. It's once again woulda, coulda, shoulda but in a game where the Ravens couldn't muster an offensive TD and the Steelers left a few on the field you have to think Ben makes the difference and to say otherwise is just being a bit of a "hater".

    Nope, just calling a spade a spade. And calling a loss a loss. Just telling it like it is...thank you Howard Cosell. (Hell, you probably never even saw Howard Cosell)

    I also don't get to watch the Browns as often as I'd like so i don't see Haden that much. If he's good in run support he'd be a tremendous asset but I still don't know that he beats out Ike Taylor who would be in the pro bowl if he could catch a cold. Keenan Lewis is also playing the best he's ever played and is getting pro bowl buzz this season. I liked Haden coming out and I'd take him in a second but I don't know that he beats out Taylor or Lewis. (slightly homer shaded glasses but still being serious)

    Slightly dumbass. Haden is better than either of those...with ease. He is ineligible for the PB because of his adderall, but he IS a better cornerback than either of them. LeBeau would drool to have him.

    Polamalu is a SS,

    Becaus Polly was such a freelance player I always thought he was the FS. Isn't it the FS that is supposed to be more freelance?...in most schemes?

    Clark is a Free Safety and it's always been that way and Charlie was the back up to Ben for a while until Leftwich was signed and even then that's been a coin toss. Batch got hurt the one year and they brought in Byron, just like they brought in Hoyer this week. Look at Batches record as a starter or a spot starter for the Steelers. It's good and he's gonna be just fine on Sunday.

  • Wait I can't be a talent evaluator but you can when discussing the Pittsburgh corners? Got it. Haden is good, I just don't know that he's better than either corner for the Steelers. Just my opinion and right now Lewis is proving to be the difference this year, especially when you consider how few sacks the Steelers have thus far. They're in press coverage most of the time now and Lewis is making plays all over the field.

    EDIT: It's not that way for the Steelers. Polamalu has always been at strong safety with either Ryan Clark or Chris Hope at FS.

  • Rubin wouldn't start for the Steelers and Haden is very good but there are no guarantees. I'm not sure how he is in run support but if you can't come up and tackle you don't play corner for the Steelers. I like TJ Ward but right now Will Allen is playing very well in place of Troy and has a good chemistry with Clark. I just think Ward is too much like Clark and I'm not sure that would work in our scheme. Ward is good. I also don't understand why you all are so amazingly confident you're going to win this game. We just narrowly lost to the division leading Ravens with Bryon Leftwich hurt for most of the second half. Our defense is playing lights out and in the Haley offense Batch just needs to be accurate and not turn it over. If Leftwhich didn't get rocked on that one hit we likely would have beat Baltimore. I know woulda, coulda, shoulda and the Browns always play the Steelers tough but to sit here and flat out underestimate the entire operation is pretty short sighted. Batch has been a back up for a long time in Pittsburgh for a reason.

    Homotron said:

    Rubin wouldn't start for the Steelers and Haden is very good but there are no guarantees. I'm not sure how he is in run support but if you can't come up and tackle you don't play corner for the Steelers. I like TJ Ward but right now Will Allen is playing very well in place of Troy and has a good chemistry with Clark. I just think Ward is too much like Clark and I'm not sure that would work in our scheme. Ward is good. I also don't understand why you all are so amazingly confident you're going to win this game. We just narrowly lost to the division leading Ravens with Bryon Leftwich hurt for most of the second half. Our defense is playing lights out and in the Haley offense Batch just needs to be accurate and not turn it over. If Leftwhich didn't get rocked on that one hit we likely would have beat Baltimore. I know woulda, coulda, shoulda and the Browns always play the Steelers tough but to sit here and flat out underestimate the entire operation is pretty short sighted. Batch has been a back up for a long time in Pittsburgh for a reason.

    Hey homer- to seriously overrate your team is what we've come to expect.

    First off, you're full of crap if you think Rubin or Taylor wouldn't start @ NT over end of the line Casey Hampton. FYI Rubin STARTED at NT in a 3-4, and excelled.

    Haden would likely make the Pro Bowl this year, if he wasn't ineligible due to the dumb ass drug suspension.

    To say Will Allen in in the same league as Ward is another bunch of Steeler homer BS.

    So you lost to the Ravens close. So did the Browns. Browns win both games against the Crows with competent coaching. 5 FGs for starters- need I go on?

    I seriously hope for once- the Browns blow you out of the stadium, just to hear you whine "Ben didn't play".

  • Little confused need a little help

    Mike Wallace

    10 games

    46 Catches

    565 yards

    6 Td

    Antonio Brown

    8 games

    42 catches

    499 yards

    1 TD

    Emmanuel Sanders

    10 games

    29 catches

    414 yards

    1 TD

    Josh Gordon- leads the NFL in Yards per Average- REALLY

    10 games

    24 catches

    470 yards

    4 TD

    Greg Little

    10 games

    30 catches

    354 yards

    2 TDs

    So let me get this straight- Gordon has just as many yards as all three Steeler Wide outs, more TD then 2 of them , and he has had a Rookie QB who over throws everyone and he could not start for the Steelers??? OK

    Look I understand you are going to be a homer when it comes to your team just like we are, but the fact is Gordon is a STUD, Little is good- the rest just suck.

    Is your Defense better?? Sure it is You have Dick!!! But the Browns Front 7 is pretty good and Haden and Haden are good. Unlike some people on this board I think Ward is a little over rated by Browns fans because he puts big hits on people. Haden is our MVP on defense and without a doubt would start on every NFL team!!!!

    We will be winning in the fourth then we might get Shurmered!!!!

    talent wise the Browns are very close to the ravens and Steelers, difference is both the Ravens and Steelers have Outstanding coaches. Dont let people fool you Browns fan would give up there second child for Harbaough or Tomlin and there coaching staffs

  • retard.jpg
  • Formerly Sane said:

    And where have those Rams been ever since? Elite does not mean flash in the pan.

    You are the one who mentioned Elite. If you looks at gips original post it just said close to being better than the Steelers and Ravens. Also.. the Rams really did have a nice run for a while.

    just because i proved your statement wrong..

    The Rams were an Elite team for those 5 years or so.. so boo yaa

  • Little confused need a little help

    Mike Wallace

    10 games

    46 Catches

    565 yards

    6 Td

    Antonio Brown

    8 games

    42 catches

    499 yards

    1 TD

    Emmanuel Sanders

    10 games

    29 catches

    414 yards

    1 TD

    Josh Gordon- leads the NFL in Yards per Average- REALLY

    10 games

    24 catches

    470 yards

    4 TD

    Greg Little

    10 games

    30 catches

    354 yards

    2 TDs

    So let me get this straight- Gordon has just as many yards as all three Steeler Wide outs, more TD then 2 of them , and he has had a Rookie QB who over throws everyone and he could not start for the Steelers??? OK

    Look I understand you are going to be a homer when it comes to your team just like we are, but the fact is Gordon is a STUD, Little is good- the rest just suck.

    Is your Defense better?? Sure it is You have Dick!!! But the Browns Front 7 is pretty good and Haden and Haden are good. Unlike some people on this board I think Ward is a little over rated by Browns fans because he puts big hits on people. Haden is our MVP on defense and without a doubt would start on every NFL team!!!!

    We will be winning in the fourth then we might get Shurmered!!!!

    talent wise the Browns are very close to the ravens and Steelers, difference is both the Ravens and Steelers have Outstanding coaches. Dont let people fool you Browns fan would give up there second child for Harbaough or Tomlin and there coaching staffs

    @tampadawgs said:

    Little confused need a little help

    Mike Wallace

    10 games

    46 Catches

    565 yards

    6 Td

    Antonio Brown

    8 games

    42 catches

    499 yards

    1 TD

    Emmanuel Sanders

    10 games

    29 catches

    414 yards

    1 TD

    Josh Gordon- leads the NFL in Yards per Average- REALLY

    10 games

    24 catches

    470 yards

    4 TD

    Greg Little

    10 games

    30 catches

    354 yards

    2 TDs

    So let me get this straight- Gordon has just as many yards as all three Steeler Wide outs, more TD then 2 of them , and he has had a Rookie QB who over throws everyone and he could not start for the Steelers??? OK

    Look I understand you are going to be a homer when it comes to your team just like we are, but the fact is Gordon is a STUD, Little is good- the rest just suck.

    Is your Defense better?? Sure it is You have Dick!!! But the Browns Front 7 is pretty good and Haden and Haden are good. Unlike some people on this board I think Ward is a little over rated by Browns fans because he puts big hits on people. Haden is our MVP on defense and without a doubt would start on every NFL team!!!!

    We will be winning in the fourth then we might get Shurmered!!!!

    talent wise the Browns are very close to the ravens and Steelers, difference is both the Ravens and Steelers have Outstanding coaches. Dont let people fool you Browns fan would give up there second child for Harbaough or Tomlin and there coaching staffs

    Is this the NFL or Fantasy football?

  • Homotron said:

    Rubin wouldn't start for the Steelers and Haden is very good but there are no guarantees. I'm not sure how he is in run support but if you can't come up and tackle you don't play corner for the Steelers. I like TJ Ward but right now Will Allen is playing very well in place of Troy and has a good chemistry with Clark. I just think Ward is too much like Clark and I'm not sure that would work in our scheme. Ward is good. I also don't understand why you all are so amazingly confident you're going to win this game. We just narrowly lost to the division leading Ravens with Bryon Leftwich hurt for most of the second half. Our defense is playing lights out and in the Haley offense Batch just needs to be accurate and not turn it over. If Leftwhich didn't get rocked on that one hit we likely would have beat Baltimore. I know woulda, coulda, shoulda and the Browns always play the Steelers tough but to sit here and flat out underestimate the entire operation is pretty short sighted. Batch has been a back up for a long time in Pittsburgh for a reason.

    Hey homer- to seriously overrate your team is what we've come to expect.

    First off, you're full of crap if you think Rubin or Taylor wouldn't start @ NT over end of the line Casey Hampton. FYI Rubin STARTED at NT in a 3-4, and excelled.

    Haden would likely make the Pro Bowl this year, if he wasn't ineligible due to the dumb ass drug suspension.

    To say Will Allen in in the same league as Ward is another bunch of Steeler homer BS.

    So you lost to the Ravens close. So did the Browns. Browns win both games against the Crows with competent coaching. 5 FGs for starters- need I go on?

    I seriously hope for once- the Browns blow you out of the stadium, just to hear you whine "Ben didn't play".

    @hoorta said:

    Hey homer- to seriously overrate your team is what we've come to expect.

    First off, you're full of crap if you think Rubin or Taylor wouldn't start @ NT over end of the line Casey Hampton. FYI Rubin STARTED at NT in a 3-4, and excelled.

    Haden would likely make the Pro Bowl this year, if he wasn't ineligible due to the dumb ass drug suspension.

    To say Will Allen in in the same league as Ward is another bunch of Steeler homer BS.

    So you lost to the Ravens close. So did the Browns. Browns win both games against the Crows with competent coaching. 5 FGs for starters- need I go on?

    I seriously hope for once- the Browns blow you out of the stadium, just to hear you whine "Ben didn't play".

    What is it with you guys and not reading? One I said that I like Ward BUT specified that I don't think he's a good fit next to Clark. I also like Taylor and stated in my own post that I don't believe Hampton is even the best nose tackle on the team. McClendon has really come on but for whatever reason the staff is sticking with the "Old guard" in Hampton. As far as Will Allen is concerned he's been a very pleasant surprise so far this season and a very good fit skill wise next to Clark. Now as far as the latter is concerned the now 7-2 Ravens could barely beat the Steelers without Ben. What makes you think the Browns will have a better shot? Any given Sunday certainly but what do I win if your "hope" doesn't become a reality and you're beaten and beaten badly? What can I expect to read here on Sunday night or monday afternoon?