Skip to content

Possible Free Agents

The Browns Board
53 17 2.1k
  • I imagine that Haslam and Banner will have a different view on free agents than the previous regime had.

  • I imagine that Haslam and Banner will have a different view on free agents than the previous regime had.

    @mark-o said:

    I imagine that Haslam and Banner will have a different view on free agents than the previous regime had.

    I hope they will, but like I saif, I will believe it when I see it

  • Well I don't like any of these guys.. Really..

  • Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

  • Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    Reggie white

  • Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    Peyton Manning this year

  • I would say that we won't sign any of the "top" tier guys. like wr wallace, Bowe, de Osi. we never sign any of those players. we get frosty rucker. I hope the new owner is different on free agents, but until I see it, I won;t beleive it

    @browns149 said:

    I would say that we won't sign any of the "top" tier guys. like wr wallace, Bowe, de Osi. we never sign any of those players. we get frosty rucker. I hope the new owner is different on free agents, but until I see it, I won;t beleive it

    That was under Lerner and Holmgren. Haslam may be willing to go after at least one top tier guy per year.

    He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to sit back and do nothing.

  • Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    In Browns history alone I believe the following were all obtained as Free Agents by the Browns and made the Pro Bowl as a member of the Browns:

    Lyle Alzado

    Pepper Johnson

    Jamir Miller

    Shaun Rogers

    I know they all made the Pro Bowl, I am just not positive how they were all obtained.

  • @browns149 said:

    I would say that we won't sign any of the "top" tier guys. like wr wallace, Bowe, de Osi. we never sign any of those players. we get frosty rucker. I hope the new owner is different on free agents, but until I see it, I won;t beleive it

    That was under Lerner and Holmgren. Haslam may be willing to go after at least one top tier guy per year.

    He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to sit back and do nothing.

    @the-gipper said:

    That was under Lerner and Holmgren. Haslam may be willing to go after at least one top tier guy per year.

    He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to sit back and do nothing.

    He might not seem to be a "sit back and do nothing guy" right now. But when he has to start writing $50-$70 million dollar contracts we will see

  • @the-gipper said:

    That was under Lerner and Holmgren. Haslam may be willing to go after at least one top tier guy per year.

    He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to sit back and do nothing.

    He might not seem to be a "sit back and do nothing guy" right now. But when he has to start writing $50-$70 million dollar contracts we will see

    @browns149 said:

    He might not seem to be a "sit back and do nothing guy" right now. But when he has to start writing $50-$70 million dollar contracts we will see

    Do you see a guy on the list above that is worthy of such a contract? By anybody?

  • @browns149 said:

    He might not seem to be a "sit back and do nothing guy" right now. But when he has to start writing $50-$70 million dollar contracts we will see

    Do you see a guy on the list above that is worthy of such a contract? By anybody?

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you see a guy on the list above that is worthy of such a contract? By anybody?

    I didn't say 1 guy. One guy isn't going to help that much, unless he's a coach or QB. For the Browns to get much better they will need 1 guy from each positon list you have. That will add up to big money

  • Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.

    Looking at last years Pro Bowl rosters, I think these guys were mostly free agents, there may be some more:

    Champ Bailey and Charles Woodsen

    Drew Brees

    Wes Welker

    Brandon Marshall

    Tony Gonzalez

    Justin Smith

    Zombo

  • If these positions of need cannot be attained in the FA market then we need to look to the draft. Here is CBS Sports list of the Top 5 prospects at these various positions of need for the Browns (the number next to each name if the prospects overall ranking among all prospects):

    Cornerbacks

    #4 Dee Milliner, Alabama

    #19 Johnathan Banks, Miss St.

    #32 Xavier Banks FSU

    #40 David Amerson NC St.

    #41 Jordan Pryor ORE St.

    Free Safeties

    #24 Eric Reid LSU

    #56 TJ McDonald USC (team up TJ Ward with TJ McDonald?)

    #75 Kenny Vaccaro Texas

    #78 Tony Jefferson Oklahoma

    #97 Baccari Rambo Georgia

    Defensive Ends

    #7 Bjoern Werner FSU

    #8 Damonte Moore Texas A&M

    #16 Sam Montgomery LSU

    #23 Alex Okafor Texas

    #31 Dion Jordan Oregon

    OLBs

    #3 Jarvis Jones

    #12 Barkevious Mingo

    #21 CJ Mosley Alabama

    #38 Chase Thomas Stanford

    #55 Khaseem Greene Rutgers

    OGs

    #6 Chance Warmack Alabama

    #14 Jonathan Cooper UNC

    #28 Barrett Jones Alabama

    #61 Larry Warford

    #96 Gabe Jackson Miss. St.

    Again, where do we go here. Remember....no 2d round pick

    Also FYI the #1 and # 2 rated players are OT Luke Joeckel of Texas A&M and DT Star Lotutelei of Utah

    The only first round rated QBs are Geno Smith of WVa #10 and Matt Barkley USC #18.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do you see a guy on the list above that is worthy of such a contract? By anybody?

    I didn't say 1 guy. One guy isn't going to help that much, unless he's a coach or QB. For the Browns to get much better they will need 1 guy from each positon list you have. That will add up to big money

    @browns149 said:

    I didn't say 1 guy. One guy isn't going to help that much, unless he's a coach or QB. For the Browns to get much better they will need 1 guy from each positon list you have. That will add up to big money

    Well with a first and third round pick coming from the above list, a couple of slots should be filled. And with a FA or two you do the rest.

    I think if we can get either a killer OLB we can perhaps live with the DEs we have. Or vice versa.

    And I also think that we could live with the OGs we have.

    The primary slots are that CB, and FS and either a DE or OLB.

    Three defenders. Need them.

  • That list doesn't look good. I'd rather draft a top-tier CB, and try to draft an quality 3rd round OLB. We really need a FS, so we might be able to get one of the guys on the list (Goldson, LaRon Landry, or Jarius Byrd).

    Overall, I'd like to see Welker or Amendola to come in and fill a veteran need at WR, along with Goldson, Landry, or Byrd to fill in at FS. Then, draft CB Millner and maybe trade up for a guy like Chase Thomas. Use the rest of the picks on depth on o-line, secondary, TE, and maybe another FB.

  • Jammer

  • Jammer sucks... he's been run out of San Diego. We don't want him and he's old.

  • Ichiro?

  • Jammer sucks... he's been run out of San Diego. We don't want him and he's old.

    @mark-o said:

    Jammer sucks... he's been run out of San Diego. We don't want him and he's old.

    That's what they said about Woodson before coming to the Packers.

  • @mark-o said:

    Jammer sucks... he's been run out of San Diego. We don't want him and he's old.

    That's what they said about Woodson before coming to the Packers.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    That's what they said about Woodson before coming to the Packers.

    You can't compare woodson to jammer..

    Woodson was a stud up to the final two years in oakland when he was injured.

    Woodson was selected by the Oakland Raiders with the fourth pick in the first round of the 1998 NFL Draft. In his first season with Oakland, Woodson was selected as the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. He was named to the Pro Bowl and earned All-Pro recognition three consecutive times (1999–2001). In a memorable 2002 AFC playoff match against the New England Patriots, Woodson seemed to have clinched the game by laying a hit on quarterback Tom Brady and forcing a fumble, but the ruling was controversially overturned. Woodson later battled several nagging injuries in consecutive seasons in Oakland, leading to his departure and becoming a free agent after the 2005 NFL season.[3]