Possible Free Agents
-
my first pick right now, even with how bad CB play has been (remember haden has missed 5 games) you have to jump on a guy like jarvis jones. literally.
-
Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.
Looking at last years Pro Bowl rosters, I think these guys were mostly free agents, there may be some more:
Champ Bailey and Charles Woodsen
Drew Brees
Wes Welker
Brandon Marshall
Tony Gonzalez
Justin Smith
Zombo
Zombo said:
Looking at last years Pro Bowl rosters, I think these guys were mostly free agents, there may be some more:
Champ Bailey and Charles Woodsen
Drew Brees
Wes Welker
Brandon Marshall
Tony Gonzalez
Justin Smith
Zombo
Thank you, I didn't feel like looking it up.
Also, I like the Reggie White comment from whoever said it.
-
Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.
Name a free agent who moved to another team and made the Pro Bowl.
Carlos Rogers
Antoine Winfield
Justin Smith
Randy Moss
Drew Brees
-
The list is longer than I expected but still serves the same purpose...its quite rare to get a big name FA who goes on to continue his success with another team. I'm not saying avoid the FA market, but don't think it's going to solve any problems for us.
-
Yeah I agree that a lot of them will re-sign... I'm sticking with my plan I brought up in a different thread... Overpay for Greg Jennings on a 4-Year deal (really the only way he'd come here), grab Michael Huff (who most definitely will be cut with a four million dollar bonus, and grab a OT/OG guy, I think I went with Charlie Johnson from Minnesota.
Looking at this, I don't think San Francisco will pay Goldson what he wants, so there is a possibility that he will hit the market.
The only way to get a marquee free agent is to pay them more. If the Browns get Goldson and Jennings by overpaying and then grab a few guys to round out the roster, I'd be happy with that in addition to another quality draft.
Yeah I agree that a lot of them will re-sign... I'm sticking with my plan I brought up in a different thread... Overpay for Greg Jennings on a 4-Year deal (really the only way he'd come here), grab Michael Huff (who most definitely will be cut with a four million dollar bonus, and grab a OT/OG guy, I think I went with Charlie Johnson from Minnesota.
Looking at this, I don't think San Francisco will pay Goldson what he wants, so there is a possibility that he will hit the market.
The only way to get a marquee free agent is to pay them more. If the Browns get Goldson and Jennings by overpaying and then grab a few guys to round out the roster, I'd be happy with that in addition to another quality draft.
These are some pretty interesting hypotheticals. Huff can play at both safety positions and is now playing cornerback. We could get him cheaper than Goldson who wants a kings ransom, but is probably worth it if he plays like he did last year again. The other position that I would like to see filled via free agency is receiver. Jennings would be a great addition, but it might be hard to get him here from a winner like the Packers. Regardless of who it is, I think that a receiver who runs routes consistently and fights for the ball would be helpful for Weeden and could set a good example for Little and Gordon. As for the other needs, I think it would be wisest to address them with the draft.
-
The list is longer than I expected but still serves the same purpose...its quite rare to get a big name FA who goes on to continue his success with another team. I'm not saying avoid the FA market, but don't think it's going to solve any problems for us.
The list is longer than I expected but still serves the same purpose...its quite rare to get a big name FA who goes on to continue his success with another team. I'm not saying avoid the FA market, but don't think it's going to solve any problems for us.
I agree with you, I think you finalize a roster with FA not build with it..
-
Couple of questions if anyone knows. Did Rucker sign one year with us?. What happened to mike adams, cut injured retired FA?
-
Couple of questions if anyone knows. Did Rucker sign one year with us?. What happened to mike adams, cut injured retired FA?
Couple of questions if anyone knows. Did Rucker sign one year with us?. What happened to mike adams, cut injured retired FA?
Frostee Rucker signed a five year $20.5 M deal before the season.
Mike Adams starts at strong safety for the Broncos.
Hope you get your Google fixed soon.
Zombo
-
Couple of questions if anyone knows. Did Rucker sign one year with us?. What happened to mike adams, cut injured retired FA?
Frostee Rucker signed a five year $20.5 M deal before the season.
Mike Adams starts at strong safety for the Broncos.
Hope you get your Google fixed soon.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Frostee Rucker signed a five year $20.5 M deal before the season.
Mike Adams starts at strong safety for the Broncos.
Hope you get your Google fixed soon.
Zombo
Ah thank you Zombo. Your Witty quirks always make my day
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login