Lombardi-Saban Rumor Heating Up...
-
If someone wants to look this up because I do not, I called this at the beginning of the year!!!! Lombardi becoming the GM is not a big deal because Saban will have all the player calls. I think Nick Saban would be a great coach. We have his fullback and Runningback already in Cleveland. Saban is a big Defense guy..
What Cleveland likes
Nasty defense and a Nasty run offense..SABAN perfect for the Browns....
There is no way Shurmer stays....Really our only good win is against Cincy.....
San Diego Sucks
Pittsburgh Sucks without Big Ben, Palomalo, harrison, Clark
Oakland really
Kansas City Really
What will cost Shurmer his job is the Philly, Indy, Balt, NY, Dallas games all games where we should or could have won. Getting Shurmered is not a good thing. Shit Shurmer tried to lose the Oakland game too
If someone wants to look this up because I do not, I called this at the beginning of the year!!!! Lombardi becoming the GM is not a big deal because Saban will have all the player calls. I think Nick Saban would be a great coach. We have his fullback and Runningback already in Cleveland. Saban is a big Defense guy..
What Cleveland likes
Nasty defense and a Nasty run offense..SABAN perfect for the Browns....
There is no way Shurmer stays....Really our only good win is against Cincy.....
San Diego Sucks
Pittsburgh Sucks without Big Ben, Palomalo, harrison, Clark
Oakland really
Kansas City Really
What will cost Shurmer his job is the Philly, Indy, Balt, NY, Dallas games all games where we should or could have won. Getting Shurmered is not a good thing. Shit Shurmer tried to lose the Oakland game too
I'm not sold or even on the wagon with Patty boy yet. I'm glad the team is learning to win and from last game, don't let up. But let's be real, the teams we beat stink. I'll have some faith on Pansy boy if we put up a good showing the last games.
-
Who were the players he missed out on? I thought they showed an infographic during the Browns/Raiders game.
-
Why the hell would Saban leave when he's the top dawg in college football? Why come here with the added stress and lack of recruiting advantage. Some coaches are just college coaches and Saban is one of them.
Why the hell would Saban leave when he's the top dawg in college football? Why come here with the added stress and lack of recruiting advantage. Some coaches are just college coaches and Saban is one of them.
No, I disagree. Saban, I believe, at heart is an NFL coach.
Why should he leave college football? Because he is bored there...and if he stays...as I have said before, he should just announce his retirement.
-
If someone wants to look this up because I do not, I called this at the beginning of the year!!!! Lombardi becoming the GM is not a big deal because Saban will have all the player calls. I think Nick Saban would be a great coach. We have his fullback and Runningback already in Cleveland. Saban is a big Defense guy..
What Cleveland likes
Nasty defense and a Nasty run offense..SABAN perfect for the Browns....
There is no way Shurmer stays....Really our only good win is against Cincy.....
San Diego Sucks
Pittsburgh Sucks without Big Ben, Palomalo, harrison, Clark
Oakland really
Kansas City Really
What will cost Shurmer his job is the Philly, Indy, Balt, NY, Dallas games all games where we should or could have won. Getting Shurmered is not a good thing. Shit Shurmer tried to lose the Oakland game too
If someone wants to look this up because I do not, I called this at the beginning of the year!!!! Lombardi becoming the GM is not a big deal because Saban will have all the player calls. I think Nick Saban would be a great coach. We have his fullback and Runningback already in Cleveland. Saban is a big Defense guy..
What Cleveland likes
Nasty defense and a Nasty run offense..SABAN perfect for the Browns....
There is no way Shurmer stays....Really our only good win is against Cincy.....
San Diego Sucks
Pittsburgh Sucks without Big Ben, Palomalo, harrison, Clark
Oakland really
Kansas City Really
What will cost Shurmer his job is the Philly, Indy, Balt, NY, Dallas games all games where we should or could have won. Getting Shurmered is not a good thing. Shit Shurmer tried to lose the Oakland game too
Actually, bringing back Lombardi would be monumentally stupid. Much worse than the Walrus bringing in Patsy. Shurmur only failed once as an OC before Holmgren brought him in. Lombardi has an unabated record of failure. Puke- giving a job to one of your pals that doesn't deserve it by a long shot Joe? I'd perefer NO ONE instead. Sheeze, the season ain't over- yet. Patsy wins 2 out of 3 and my bet is he earns another year.
Plus, Saban has flopped once as an NFL HC- no guarantee he'd be any better the second time around.
As to the HC making the player calls with a doofus GM- I have two words for you BUTCH DAVIS. So how did that turn out?
-
If someone wants to look this up because I do not, I called this at the beginning of the year!!!! Lombardi becoming the GM is not a big deal because Saban will have all the player calls. I think Nick Saban would be a great coach. We have his fullback and Runningback already in Cleveland. Saban is a big Defense guy..
What Cleveland likes
Nasty defense and a Nasty run offense..SABAN perfect for the Browns....
There is no way Shurmer stays....Really our only good win is against Cincy.....
San Diego Sucks
Pittsburgh Sucks without Big Ben, Palomalo, harrison, Clark
Oakland really
Kansas City Really
What will cost Shurmer his job is the Philly, Indy, Balt, NY, Dallas games all games where we should or could have won. Getting Shurmered is not a good thing. Shit Shurmer tried to lose the Oakland game too
Actually, bringing back Lombardi would be monumentally stupid. Much worse than the Walrus bringing in Patsy. Shurmur only failed once as an OC before Holmgren brought him in. Lombardi has an unabated record of failure. Puke- giving a job to one of your pals that doesn't deserve it by a long shot Joe? I'd perefer NO ONE instead. Sheeze, the season ain't over- yet. Patsy wins 2 out of 3 and my bet is he earns another year.
Plus, Saban has flopped once as an NFL HC- no guarantee he'd be any better the second time around.
As to the HC making the player calls with a doofus GM- I have two words for you BUTCH DAVIS. So how did that turn out?
Actually, bringing back Lombardi would be monumentally stupid. Much worse than the Walrus bringing in Patsy. Shurmur only failed once as an OC before Holmgren brought him in. Lombardi has an unabated record of failure. Puke- giving a job to one of your pals that doesn't deserve it by a long shot Joe? I'd perefer NO ONE instead. Sheeze, the season ain't over- yet. Patsy wins 2 out of 3 and my bet is he earns another year.
Plus, Saban has flopped once as an NFL HC- no guarantee he'd be any better the second time around.
Its really surprising the Shitstains are making bad moves.
, but everything's different this time. Huh Yuck Yuck. 
-
Actually, bringing back Lombardi would be monumentally stupid. Much worse than the Walrus bringing in Patsy. Shurmur only failed once as an OC before Holmgren brought him in. Lombardi has an unabated record of failure. Puke- giving a job to one of your pals that doesn't deserve it by a long shot Joe? I'd perefer NO ONE instead. Sheeze, the season ain't over- yet. Patsy wins 2 out of 3 and my bet is he earns another year.
Plus, Saban has flopped once as an NFL HC- no guarantee he'd be any better the second time around.
Its really surprising the Shitstains are making bad moves.
, but everything's different this time. Huh Yuck Yuck. 
-
Actually, bringing back Lombardi would be monumentally stupid. Much worse than the Walrus bringing in Patsy. Shurmur only failed once as an OC before Holmgren brought him in. Lombardi has an unabated record of failure. Puke- giving a job to one of your pals that doesn't deserve it by a long shot Joe? I'd perefer NO ONE instead. Sheeze, the season ain't over- yet. Patsy wins 2 out of 3 and my bet is he earns another year.
Plus, Saban has flopped once as an NFL HC- no guarantee he'd be any better the second time around.
Its really surprising the Shitstains are making bad moves.
, but everything's different this time. Huh Yuck Yuck. 
Polamaulu said:
Its really surprising the Shitstains are making bad moves.
, but everything's different this time. Huh Yuck Yuck. 
Is this truly all you have to contribute? I mean, the vacuous intellectual level of certain Steeler trolls is smoetime laughable.
There are some really decent ones....Endymion e.g.
There is Vagitron who is not a totally unfortunate fool...he just often lives up to his name.
Maybe a few others.
Then there are the hordes of troglodytes and Simians like you....who are essentially characters from a Stanley Kubrick movie:
-
I'm going to be pissed if Heckert is let go. PISSED.
-
Polamaulu said:
Who needs that when you have the Cleveland Shitballs?
But this time is different right? Huh Yuck Yuck

Put your money on the table pussy boy. Or shut feckless fuck mouth up.
-
any switch would be a mistake IMO. these guys look confident and are playing well (albeit we beat the worse team in the league BUT hey maybe that's what they thought about us...).
heckert is head and shoulder above lombardi and saban..? well, no.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
Do you have an NCAA trophy stuck up your ass? Cleveland is the most storied town in all of pro football. WHy would he leave Alabama? Same reason we would drop your wife in a NY pork minute to go chase Jennifer Anniston.
BIG UPGRADE
That's your opinion, which is in sharp contrast to the rest of the football fans about Cleveland being A "big upgrade" for saban than bama. We'll see when the time comes
Why the fuck would you guys want him anyways? He wants toughness from his players but when things get tough for him he bails. He sucked as an NFL coach. Maybe he'd be the next Bill B but I don't want a liar who can't stand the heat coaching my team.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
Do you have an NCAA trophy stuck up your ass? Cleveland is the most storied town in all of pro football. WHy would he leave Alabama? Same reason we would drop your wife in a NY pork minute to go chase Jennifer Anniston.
BIG UPGRADE
That's your opinion, which is in sharp contrast to the rest of the football fans about Cleveland being A "big upgrade" for saban than bama. We'll see when the time comes
Why the fuck would you guys want him anyways? He wants toughness from his players but when things get tough for him he bails. He sucked as an NFL coach. Maybe he'd be the next Bill B but I don't want a liar who can't stand the heat coaching my team.
That's your opinion, which is in sharp contrast to the rest of the football fans about Cleveland being A "big upgrade" for saban than bama. We'll see when the time comes
Why the fuck would you guys want him anyways? He wants toughness from his players but when things get tough for him he bails. He sucked as an NFL coach. Maybe he'd be the next Bill B but I don't want a liar who can't stand the heat coaching my team.
OK, you bring up a legitimate concern. That is: if he took the job and didn't contend for the first couple of years that he would bail out and go back to some college gig.
What I couldn't fathom is that he wouldn't at least be in playoff contention with the talent now on this team.
If he really did fail to contend in his first two years here then he probably isn't cut out for the NFL....and then he could probably go and take the Auburn job which would probably be opening up right around then.
-
Lombardi is a joke. Big downgrade over Heckert. Saban is 61 years old now and will be
62 next year. How many years does he have left? I don't see the Browns taking either
one of these guys especially Lombardi. I've already called and e-mailed the Browns
about my opinion concerning the rumors concerning Lombardi.
-
That's your opinion, which is in sharp contrast to the rest of the football fans about Cleveland being A "big upgrade" for saban than bama. We'll see when the time comes
Why the fuck would you guys want him anyways? He wants toughness from his players but when things get tough for him he bails. He sucked as an NFL coach. Maybe he'd be the next Bill B but I don't want a liar who can't stand the heat coaching my team.
OK, you bring up a legitimate concern. That is: if he took the job and didn't contend for the first couple of years that he would bail out and go back to some college gig.
What I couldn't fathom is that he wouldn't at least be in playoff contention with the talent now on this team.
If he really did fail to contend in his first two years here then he probably isn't cut out for the NFL....and then he could probably go and take the Auburn job which would probably be opening up right around then.
OK, you bring up a legitimate concern. That is: if he took the job and didn't contend for the first couple of years that he would bail out and go back to some college gig.
What I couldn't fathom is that he wouldn't at least be in playoff contention with the talent now on this team.
If he really did fail to contend in his first two years here then he probably isn't cut out for the NFL....and then he could probably go and take the Auburn job which would probably be opening up right around then.
How are we in playoff contention? I am excited we won the last 3 games, but we haven't beaten a play off caliber team yet. We beat the Raider (TERRIBLE), the Chiefs (TERRIBLE-ER), and the Steelers (without Ben, +8 turn overs, and the Steelers may not even make the playoffs).
Listen, I love the Browns as much as the next guy on here. But sometimes you need to take the Brown colored glasses off. Yea the team has talent now and potential, but they haven't beaten any team worth a damn. They have beaten bad teams, which is an improvement from Browns of the past. But before I say they are playoff contenders, I want to see a win over a real playoff contender.
-
OK, you bring up a legitimate concern. That is: if he took the job and didn't contend for the first couple of years that he would bail out and go back to some college gig.
What I couldn't fathom is that he wouldn't at least be in playoff contention with the talent now on this team.
If he really did fail to contend in his first two years here then he probably isn't cut out for the NFL....and then he could probably go and take the Auburn job which would probably be opening up right around then.
How are we in playoff contention? I am excited we won the last 3 games, but we haven't beaten a play off caliber team yet. We beat the Raider (TERRIBLE), the Chiefs (TERRIBLE-ER), and the Steelers (without Ben, +8 turn overs, and the Steelers may not even make the playoffs).
Listen, I love the Browns as much as the next guy on here. But sometimes you need to take the Brown colored glasses off. Yea the team has talent now and potential, but they haven't beaten any team worth a damn. They have beaten bad teams, which is an improvement from Browns of the past. But before I say they are playoff contenders, I want to see a win over a real playoff contender.
How are we in playoff contention? I am excited we won the last 3 games, but we haven't beaten a play off caliber team yet. We beat the Raider (TERRIBLE), the Chiefs (TERRIBLE-ER), and the Steelers (without Ben, +8 turn overs, and the Steelers may not even make the playoffs).
Listen, I love the Browns as much as the next guy on here. But sometimes you need to take the Brown colored glasses off. Yea the team has talent now and potential, but they haven't beaten any team worth a damn. They have beaten bad teams, which is an improvement from Browns of the past. But before I say they are playoff contenders, I want to see a win over a real playoff contender.
Next year I fully would expect whomever the coach is here, Shurmur, Saban, McDaniels, Peewee Herman, Tooney Lucas, Humbo Nooney to have the Browns in playoff contention.
Also, the Browns beat the steelers. Are you saying the Steelers are not playoff contenders? If the playoffs started today they would be in. And the Browns beat the Bengals. Are you saying they are not playoff contenders? They certainly are.
The Browns lost close games to the Ravens, and the Cowboys, and the Bengals and others.
With another year under their belts the bushel basket of first and second year players on this team should all be better next year.....and the Browns could very well be augmented with some decent draft picks...and maybe even a couple of free agents.
No....next year the Browns WILL be considered contenders. If they flop...then they will be flops.
Right here, right now I believe that all 4 teams in the AFCN are operating at parity. The Browns young team had a learning curve the first half of the season, but today they can play with the Ravens/Bengals/Steelers without much doubt.
-
I agree Gip, we should contend next year. We have a young group who will have played and won some games.
We may not make them, but we should be in it late for some realistic shot at a wildcard position....I say realistic since at this point we still have a shot this year, though most reasonable people know that shot is going to close, one way or the other, in a week or two.
I think Jimmy got this club at a good point, and if there is a new coach, he will as well. I think the guys we have are close to making a statement.
New "oomph" from a engaged owner who is smart and wanting to bring a bit of the college atmosphere to the team ( a good thing IMO), and possibly a new coach, and I see good things.
Even if Pat remains, I see good things. We have seen in just a couple of weeks what a owner who cares about product and investment can bring. It's one more level that can bring up the performance of both the players and the coach.
Homie didn't care the full monty, he didn't have money invested. Heck, Randy didn't care, he inherited the team. His families money had grown at a nice percentage.....700 M to 1 Billion or better....he still has a 30% stake for 4-5 years...J Haslam and family have a billion in it and need to turn it in to 1.5.....he cares what happens, so in turn, he's going to press a few buttons if he doesn't like that is happening.
I like it.
It may turn out Haslam sucks at deciding on what to do in regard to a NFL team, but in the end you have to give him credit because he has a sizable sum of his money invested in the team, so at minimum, you know he gave it his best shot and cared about the outcome.
I have never met the man, though that is on a short list for me as I do know people who know him well, and none have ever told me the guy isn't bright.
All have told me he is as sharp as a tack.
-
Why the hell would Saban leave when he's the top dawg in college football? Why come here with the added stress and lack of recruiting advantage. Some coaches are just college coaches and Saban is one of them.
Why the hell would Saban leave when he's the top dawg in college football? Why come here with the added stress and lack of recruiting advantage. Some coaches are just college coaches and Saban is one of them.
Honestly, he has more "stress" on him at Alabama than he would ever experience in Cleveland. He would leave Alabama for Cleveland to escape the stress.
-
Why the hell would Saban leave when he's the top dawg in college football? Why come here with the added stress and lack of recruiting advantage. Some coaches are just college coaches and Saban is one of them.
Honestly, he has more "stress" on him at Alabama than he would ever experience in Cleveland. He would leave Alabama for Cleveland to escape the stress.
Honestly, he has more "stress" on him at Alabama than he would ever experience in Cleveland. He would leave Alabama for Cleveland to escape the stress.
You are correct. The stress at Alabama is WAY WAY WAY higher then ANY NFL team. In college 2 losses and your season is over. Plus in college, once you get to your conference schedule. Almost every game is a rivalry game. Some are bigger rivalries then others, but alomst every week the teams are playing for some sort of trophy, or bragging rights. Where in the NFL you have 3 division rivals and maybe 1 or 2 other rivalries.
-
Nick Saban holding the BCS trophy. DOes he look happy?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login