Skip to content

Draft Thoughts 2013

The Browns Board
396 64 21.7k
  • If they draft Geno Smith I'm just gonna quit watching pro football. That'll be the last straw I believe. It's all really starting to wear me down.

    @born2blitz said:

    If they draft Geno Smith I'm just gonna quit watching pro football. That'll be the last straw I believe. It's all really starting to wear me down.

    I think we will trade down for more picks before taking Smith (or any other QB this year) in the first round.

    I have my hopes up for Manuel in the 2nd(if we can pick up 2nd Rd)/3rd.

  • Newest rumor is that the Browns are TRADING UP to #3 with Oakland to draft Ansah.... If this happens, I will NOT be pleased...

    Plus, possibly trading 5th rounder to Mia for WR Bess...

    @thenew23 said:

    Newest rumor is that the Browns are TRADING UP to #3 with Oakland to draft Ansah.... If this happens, I will NOT be pleased...

    Plus, possibly trading 5th rounder to Mia for WR Bess...

    The Ansah part to me seems a bit smoke-screenish.

    You would think that trade-up would be made to nab Dion Jordan, right before he falls to Philly.

    But this this is being said through a media informed fan.

  • Adam Schefter is reporting that both Dee Milliner and Dion Jordan are expected to open training camp on the PUP list.

  • Yeah Milliner has had what? 6 surgeries? Hasn't missed many games but torn both shoulders... same injury as Jordan.

  • Hopefully we'll draft CB/S in 3 and 4. Slay looks good for round 3, Swearinger/Rambo should be there in round 4.

    So, to spite me Banner will draft a guard from Valdosta State in round 3 that every other team had rated as an undrafted free agent.

  • 🙁 I wanted either Milliner, Eifert, or Warmack in the 1st round but we took Mingo who isn't a bad pick.

    🙂 I think we might be trading Sheard for a 2nd round pick because he isn't a linebacker. If we get a 2nd round pick I want the Stanford TE or a cornerback. The safety Jonathan Cyprien wouldn't be bad either. Zach Ertz would be a great pick for Weeden.

    3rd round- TE- Travis Kelce Cincy, FS- Phillip Thomas Fresno St., CB- Logan Ryans- Rutgers

    4th round- TE- Vance McDonald-Rice, G- Hugh Thornton-Illinois, ILB- Kiko Alonso-Oregon, CB- Leon McFadden-San Diego St., Qb- Zac Dysert- Miami, Oh

    5th round- TE- Nick Kasa-Colorado, T- Reid Fragel- Ohio St.,G- JC Tretter-Cornell,OLB- Travis Long- Wash St., CB- Brandon McGee-Miami Fla, CB- BW Webb-William & Mary

    6th round- Mike Golic Jr- G- Notre Dame, K- Dustin Hopkins- FSU, K- Quinn Sharp- Okl. St.P- Jeff Locke-UCLA

    🙂 I hope we get one of these TE's because we really need one! Go Browns!!!!! 😎

  • 🙂 Does anyone think the Browns will try and get into the 2nd round?

    🙂 How about trading Jabaal Sheard to the 49ers for the Chiefs 2nd round pick and grabbing Zach Ertz the TE from Stanford?

  • 🙂 Does anyone think the Browns will try and get into the 2nd round?

    🙂 How about trading Jabaal Sheard to the 49ers for the Chiefs 2nd round pick and grabbing Zach Ertz the TE from Stanford?

    @86collins said:

    🙂 Does anyone think the Browns will try and get into the 2nd round?

    🙂 How about trading Jabaal Sheard to the 49ers for the Chiefs 2nd round pick and grabbing Zach Ertz the TE from Stanford?

    Why would the 49er's want Sheard? We would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him from a 4-3 team. We wouldn't get much for him from a 3-4 team. Those guys have even less of an idea about what he can do at OLB than we do.

  • 🙂 OK a bad example so how about a 4-3 defensive team? I just think if Sheard is being shopped arround I hope we can get a 2nd round pick for him.

  • Sheard has got something like 15 sacks over 2 rounds a 4-3 DE, right? Assuming he carries on making 7-8 sacks per season, surely that's worth a second rounder to someone?

  • 🙂 Does anyone think the Browns will try and get into the 2nd round?

    🙂 How about trading Jabaal Sheard to the 49ers for the Chiefs 2nd round pick and grabbing Zach Ertz the TE from Stanford?

    @86collins said:

    🙂 Does anyone think the Browns will try and get into the 2nd round?

    🙂 How about trading Jabaal Sheard to the 49ers for the Chiefs 2nd round pick and grabbing Zach Ertz the TE from Stanford?

    I'd rather take a shot at Kelce in the third if he's there.

  • We added two TE's in FA and already had three on the roster.

    I don't see TE as being a big draft need in the FO's eyes.

  • We added two TE's in FA and already had three on the roster.

    I don't see TE as being a big draft need in the FO's eyes.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We added two TE's in FA and already had three on the roster.

    I don't see TE as being a big draft need in the FO's eyes.

    Yea I agree, if we stay where we're at with T.E. we'll be OK. Smelley can also fill in at T.E. We have far bigger needs over T.E. IMO but if we do get one in the 5th 6th or 7th rd. I'll be OK with it.

    IMO 3rd and 4th rd. should address C.B. and Saftey, any other position in those 2 RDS.will dissapoint me.

  • So we get Josh Gordon in the 2nd round and Davon Bess in the 5th, not to bad for playmakers.

  • please be Rambo

  • Good players still left:

    FSs available - Tony Jefferson - Oklahoma, Josh Evans - Florida, Micah Hyde - Iowa, or Bacarri Rambo - Georiga

    Gs available - Barrett Jones - Alabama, Matt Summers-Gavin - Cal, Earl Watford - James Madison, Hugh Thorton - Illinois, or Alvin Bailey - Arkansas

    TEs available - Jordan Reed - Florida, Dion Sims - Michigan State, or Philip Lutzenkirchen - Auburn

    ILBs available - Michael Mauti - Penn St, or Kevin Reddick - North Carolina

    Let's see if any of these guys make it out of the third. If Jordan Reed falls, that would be an awesome 4th rounder... but even Jefferson or Barrett Jones

    Then maybe Rambo, and Watford, Thorton, or Bailey fall to the 5th...

    Still like spending a late pick on A.J. Klein ILB from Iowa St or Nick Kasa TE from Colorado...

    Good so far, but we'll see what happens the rest of the night...

  • Bacarri Rambo would be a fantastic pick, but unfortunately it won't happen.

  • Pretty shitty his teammate was drafted before him, something must be up with him. Also hate that Cincy is having a pretty decent draft.

  • Mel Kiper doing his usual

  • I also seen this on profootballtak.com

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/mathieu-will-play-free-safety-for-cardinals/

    Kinda crasy they draft him to play FS.