Skip to content

Draft Thoughts 2013

The Browns Board
396 64 21.7k
  • We added two TE's in FA and already had three on the roster.

    I don't see TE as being a big draft need in the FO's eyes.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We added two TE's in FA and already had three on the roster.

    I don't see TE as being a big draft need in the FO's eyes.

    Yea I agree, if we stay where we're at with T.E. we'll be OK. Smelley can also fill in at T.E. We have far bigger needs over T.E. IMO but if we do get one in the 5th 6th or 7th rd. I'll be OK with it.

    IMO 3rd and 4th rd. should address C.B. and Saftey, any other position in those 2 RDS.will dissapoint me.

  • So we get Josh Gordon in the 2nd round and Davon Bess in the 5th, not to bad for playmakers.

  • please be Rambo

  • Good players still left:

    FSs available - Tony Jefferson - Oklahoma, Josh Evans - Florida, Micah Hyde - Iowa, or Bacarri Rambo - Georiga

    Gs available - Barrett Jones - Alabama, Matt Summers-Gavin - Cal, Earl Watford - James Madison, Hugh Thorton - Illinois, or Alvin Bailey - Arkansas

    TEs available - Jordan Reed - Florida, Dion Sims - Michigan State, or Philip Lutzenkirchen - Auburn

    ILBs available - Michael Mauti - Penn St, or Kevin Reddick - North Carolina

    Let's see if any of these guys make it out of the third. If Jordan Reed falls, that would be an awesome 4th rounder... but even Jefferson or Barrett Jones

    Then maybe Rambo, and Watford, Thorton, or Bailey fall to the 5th...

    Still like spending a late pick on A.J. Klein ILB from Iowa St or Nick Kasa TE from Colorado...

    Good so far, but we'll see what happens the rest of the night...

  • Bacarri Rambo would be a fantastic pick, but unfortunately it won't happen.

  • Pretty shitty his teammate was drafted before him, something must be up with him. Also hate that Cincy is having a pretty decent draft.

  • Mel Kiper doing his usual

  • I also seen this on profootballtak.com

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/mathieu-will-play-free-safety-for-cardinals/

    Kinda crasy they draft him to play FS.

  • Mel Kiper doing his usual

    @cambridgeho said:

    Mel Kiper doing his usual

    That shit was hilarious

  • So, we have the 14th pick today and these guys are still available, all potential starter quality players at positions of need in the 4th round...



    Tony Jefferson S - Oklahoma


    Barrett Jones OG - Alabama


    Josh Evans S - Florida


    Bacarri Rambo S - Georiga


    Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State


    Matt Summers-Gavin - G - California


    Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn St


    Earl Watford - G - James Madison


    Philip Lutzenkirchen - TE - Auburn


    Alvin Bailey - G - Arkansas

  • Only positions we still need: FS/G

    I hope one of Evans/Rambo // Jones/Bailey will still be available

    Also, if Khaseem Greene drops to us.. he will shore up our other ILB spot easily for the next 5 years, I'm shocked he's still available. He's technically an "OLB" but he's big enough for ILB. Reddick and Johnson are late-5th-round prospects at best.

  • So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

  • So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

    yes

  • @clevelandbigdawg said:

    So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

    yes

    @harry-buffalo said:

    yes

    Alright I like that then. That could easily be a mid-third round pick. I dont think it will be a very late one.

  • What's this, a Browns GM winning a draft-day trade? Heckert turned the Jones trade into meh.. let's see if this team does something useful with it next year. [For Jones - Taylor, Little, Weeden, and one of the picks for moving up for Richardson.. and Marecic.]

  • I bet the browns draft a fucking punter in the 5th... sickening.

  • And to think... we waited all offseason for this shit...

  • DID THE BROWNS EVEN HAVE A FUCKING DRAFT BOARD??!!?!!?!??! AS I HAVE YET TO SEE THEM USE THE FUCKING THING WITHIN THE FIRST 5 FUCKING ROUNDS!!!

    GET LOMBARDI THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!#@!!#!@#$@#%$^#@$^@#$q@!$#^!^$@#!!%^@%!@%"#!@UI 7U

  • What the hell did we get in the trade?

  • Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.