Skip to content

Draft Thoughts 2013

The Browns Board
396 64 21.7k
  • Mel Kiper doing his usual

    @cambridgeho said:

    Mel Kiper doing his usual

    That shit was hilarious

  • So, we have the 14th pick today and these guys are still available, all potential starter quality players at positions of need in the 4th round...



    Tony Jefferson S - Oklahoma


    Barrett Jones OG - Alabama


    Josh Evans S - Florida


    Bacarri Rambo S - Georiga


    Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State


    Matt Summers-Gavin - G - California


    Michael Mauti - ILB - Penn St


    Earl Watford - G - James Madison


    Philip Lutzenkirchen - TE - Auburn


    Alvin Bailey - G - Arkansas

  • Only positions we still need: FS/G

    I hope one of Evans/Rambo // Jones/Bailey will still be available

    Also, if Khaseem Greene drops to us.. he will shore up our other ILB spot easily for the next 5 years, I'm shocked he's still available. He's technically an "OLB" but he's big enough for ILB. Reddick and Johnson are late-5th-round prospects at best.

  • So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

  • So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

    yes

  • @clevelandbigdawg said:

    So we comletely dropped out of round 4? Did we receive their third rounder next year?

    yes

    @harry-buffalo said:

    yes

    Alright I like that then. That could easily be a mid-third round pick. I dont think it will be a very late one.

  • What's this, a Browns GM winning a draft-day trade? Heckert turned the Jones trade into meh.. let's see if this team does something useful with it next year. [For Jones - Taylor, Little, Weeden, and one of the picks for moving up for Richardson.. and Marecic.]

  • I bet the browns draft a fucking punter in the 5th... sickening.

  • And to think... we waited all offseason for this shit...

  • DID THE BROWNS EVEN HAVE A FUCKING DRAFT BOARD??!!?!!?!??! AS I HAVE YET TO SEE THEM USE THE FUCKING THING WITHIN THE FIRST 5 FUCKING ROUNDS!!!

    GET LOMBARDI THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!#@!!#!@#$@#%$^#@$^@#$q@!$#^!^$@#!!%^@%!@%"#!@UI 7U

  • What the hell did we get in the trade?

  • Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

  • Stock piling for 2014...

    Clearly thinking ahead...

    I see a pattern developing... 😎

  • Stop being a little fucking cry baby G. We got Mingo and Gordon, bess, mcfadden. We just traded a 4th for a 3rd next year and a 5th for a 4th next year. Everyone keeps saying this is one of the worst drafts in years and next is going to be one of the best in the last 5. Who cares if we dont get shitty players, its the 5th fucking round. Next year we will have 2 3rds and 4ths in a better draft, fucking get over it and get with the program, dont like it go fucking root for another team, you are not the GM, or really any one relevant to any of the Browns management positions,

  • What the hell did we get in the trade?

    @dab7291993 said:

    What the hell did we get in the trade?

    We got the Colts' 2014 4th round pick for the 5th this year.

  • Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

    @philbert79 said:

    Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

    No talent in this draft? Most of the experts have been saying this draft is unusually deep, and I agree. Browns passed today on some fine cornerbacks and safeties that would have helped complete the journey toward development of a very competitive defense. Horrible decision by Lombardi not to engage in the draft today and fill out the defense. But this is why no teams were interested in Lombardi as a GM and why he has compiled such a bad track record. And there is Joe Banner, who thinks he knows all but has blind spots he is not aware of as manifested in the embarrassing showing today .

  • And to think... we waited all offseason for this shit...

    @poeticg said:

    And to think... we waited all offseason for this shit...

    Probably the most direct and accurate comment have read on this very sad day. I had googled the Browns and saw a Yahoo headline that read: "Will the Cleveland Browns shatter the dreams of fans again in 2013?" Today we got our answer, for sure!

  • @poeticg said:

    And to think... we waited all offseason for this shit...

    Probably the most direct and accurate comment have read on this very sad day. I had googled the Browns and saw a Yahoo headline that read: "Will the Cleveland Browns shatter the dreams of fans again in 2013?" Today we got our answer, for sure!

    Skeptical2013 said:

    Probably the most direct and accurate comment have read on this very sad day. I had googled the Browns and saw a Yahoo headline that read: "Will the Cleveland Browns shatter the dreams of fans again in 2013?" Today we got our answer, for sure!

    Yep, so give up your tickets, I will gladly use them to watch the Browns this year.

  • @philbert79 said:

    Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

    No talent in this draft? Most of the experts have been saying this draft is unusually deep, and I agree. Browns passed today on some fine cornerbacks and safeties that would have helped complete the journey toward development of a very competitive defense. Horrible decision by Lombardi not to engage in the draft today and fill out the defense. But this is why no teams were interested in Lombardi as a GM and why he has compiled such a bad track record. And there is Joe Banner, who thinks he knows all but has blind spots he is not aware of as manifested in the embarrassing showing today .

    Skeptical2013 said:

    No talent in this draft? Most of the experts have been saying this draft is unusually deep, and I agree. Browns passed today on some fine cornerbacks and safeties that would have helped complete the journey toward development of a very competitive defense. Horrible decision by Lombardi not to engage in the draft today and fill out the defense. But this is why no teams were interested in Lombardi as a GM and why he has compiled such a bad track record. And there is Joe Banner, who thinks he knows all but has blind spots he is not aware of as manifested in the embarrassing showing today .

    Sure there's depth, but you don't find immediate starters in the 4th and 5th rounds of a "depth" draft. Like I said, I think they had a few players in mind that were all picked before them. The question that should be asked is "Is this player I'm about to draft any better than the (1) players I have on my roster, or (2) a veteran UFA that is available at this position?".

  • Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

    @philbert79 said:

    Thoughts on the recent trades... So smart. There isn't much talent out there today. At least not more than what they get in the 2nd wave of FA coming in a few weeks. Why not add some middle round picks for next year when the evaluation process of the team is more complete? I do think that if Simon weren't picked by the Seahawks, the Browns would've taken him. Since he was gone, so were they (with good value too). I've been really impressed by the way they've handled this off-season.

    Not much talent out there today? Are you a Lombardi relative? Sure hasn't stopped all the activity involving nearly every other team in the NFL! Browns fans heard from years from Holmgrem about being patient. Browns fans have been patient for 14 years. Enough of this nonsense!