Skip to content

Chip Kelly

The Browns Board
33 25 2.1k
  • Everyone the Browns misses out on tends to succeed. Adrian Peterson, RG3, Julio Jones, Russel Wilson and I don't expect this to be any different. I bet he wins a Super Bowl before the Browns even make the playoffs..

    @feartheroo said:

    Everyone the Browns misses out on tends to succeed. Adrian Peterson, RG3, Julio Jones, Russel Wilson and I don't expect this to be any different. I bet he wins a Super Bowl before the Browns even make the playoffs..

    31 other teams missed out on those players as well. Outside of Russell Wilson, the rest were top 5 picks, so you'd expect them to do well.

  • Oregon is about to get butt banged by the NCAA.

  • If the sanctions are for the stuff Tressel did, will he be suspended before he's aloud to coach the Eagles?

  • If the sanctions are for the stuff Tressel did, will he be suspended before he's aloud to coach the Eagles?

    @browns149 said:

    If the sanctions are for the stuff Tressel did, will he be suspended before he's aloud to coach the Eagles?

    Swing and a miss.....

  • Everyone the Browns misses out on tends to succeed. Adrian Peterson, RG3, Julio Jones, Russel Wilson and I don't expect this to be any different. I bet he wins a Super Bowl before the Browns even make the playoffs..

    @feartheroo said:

    Everyone the Browns misses out on tends to succeed. Adrian Peterson, RG3, Julio Jones, Russel Wilson and I don't expect this to be any different. I bet he wins a Super Bowl before the Browns even make the playoffs..

    Lmao...

    Now THAT is revisionist history.....

    Always good for a laugh

  • Everyone the Browns misses out on tends to succeed. Adrian Peterson, RG3, Julio Jones, Russel Wilson and I don't expect this to be any different. I bet he wins a Super Bowl before the Browns even make the playoffs..

    @feartheroo said:

    Everyone the Browns misses out on tends to succeed. Adrian Peterson, RG3, Julio Jones, Russel Wilson and I don't expect this to be any different. I bet he wins a Super Bowl before the Browns even make the playoffs..

    AP isn't that much better than Trent is right now. Trent will be the superior RB next year, mark my words.

    RG3 is a bust.

    Julio Jones would have been a nice addition but I love me some TAYLOR!

    ...who the hell is Russel Wilson?

    And for the record, Chip Kelly is a Fat fucking coward of a Pussy. He's not half the MAN Chud is. I'm glad the Eagles got the bastard... and I hope and believe he fails. GO BROWNS!

  • @feartheroo said:

    Everyone the Browns misses out on tends to succeed. Adrian Peterson, RG3, Julio Jones, Russel Wilson and I don't expect this to be any different. I bet he wins a Super Bowl before the Browns even make the playoffs..

    AP isn't that much better than Trent is right now. Trent will be the superior RB next year, mark my words.

    RG3 is a bust.

    Julio Jones would have been a nice addition but I love me some TAYLOR!

    ...who the hell is Russel Wilson?

    And for the record, Chip Kelly is a Fat fucking coward of a Pussy. He's not half the MAN Chud is. I'm glad the Eagles got the bastard... and I hope and believe he fails. GO BROWNS!

    @poeticg said:

    AP isn't that much better than Trent is right now. Trent will be the superior RB next year, mark my words.

    RG3 is a bust.

    Julio Jones would have been a nice addition but I love me some TAYLOR!

    ...who the hell is Russel Wilson?

    And for the record, Chip Kelly is a Fat fucking coward of a Pussy. He's not half the MAN Chud is. I'm glad the Eagles got the bastard... and I hope and believe he fails. GO BROWNS!

    This post clarifies you are unable to look at any players without bias. AP isn't that much better than Trent right now, AP almost broke the NFL record for rushing yards and Trent didn't break 1000 yards. I love Trent and I'm happy we got him, but please take off the Trent blinders and look at it from an outside perspective for once. I hope that you actually know who Russel Wilson is and that was a terrible attempt at sarcasm.

  • Sorry for the rant, but to go back to the actual topic, Kelly obviously is just getting out of dodge before the sanctions come. I believe he was afraid to stay at Oregon to deal with that. He truly doesn't want to be an NFL coach in my opinion. At least we got the guy who definitely wants to be here.

  • i don't know how much credit i would give to haslam and banner. chip kelly turned them down, not the other way around. chip kelly was their number one guy and everyone on here knew it. they didn't walk away from the meeting saying "we didn't want chip kelly because he was indecisive." if they did i'd like to see the quote. the fact is kelly dissed us. plain and simple. he sees more of his type of players on the eagles than the browns.

    fuck that fat fuck anyways and anyone who was screaming for him to be the next coach of the browns. go ahead, hide back in your closets.

  • Fuck that 49 year old virgin.

    Hopefully for the Eagles sake he won't have another "change of heart".

  • I look at Kelley and see Steve Spurrier. He will be back in college in 3 years and NEVER do squat in the NFL

  • Do you want an NFL assistant that has dealt with NFL players and NFL egos for ten years and designs offenses that rank in the top half of the NFL every year or do you want ...

    Chip.

    Chip is a fat college coach who recruits really fast players with fancy uniforms and then wins with a gimmicky offense that won't work in the NFL and can't make up his mind about where he wants to be and what he want to tell people.

    Do you want "Chip" ... or do you want old-school Ohio born and bred bad-ass football?

    Zombo

  • "Chip" will either be a really big hit, or a colossal mistake. As a Browns fan, I'm glad we don't have to wait around to find out which one (because with our recent history, we know which one it would end up being)

  • Oh well, win some lose some. Hopefully Banner and Haslam saw something besides his non committal attitude that really made them turn and walk away.

    I really like the ChudZ hire. Dude eats canned orange dog food and chits brown dog biscuits...Brown all the way.

    Really impressed with the Bears getting Trestman, hopefully he turns out to be a good addition over there, and does 10x better than Kelly.

  • Anyway I didn't want Kelly and I hate the Eagles.

    Not nearly as badly as the Steelers or the Cowboys but...

    But it's 1 more reason to root for them to fail!

    It's gonna suck if they go to the Superbowl...

    WSS

  • Doesn't matter if Kelly turns out to be successful or not. He wasn't a good fit for the Browns for whatever reason. If he turns out to be successful with the Eagles, it doesn't mean he would have done the same in Cleveland. I did not like how he appeared to handle the interview process or the time it took for him to make his final decision. For that reason, I like the choice Haslam made to go in a different direction.

  • maybe his main decision was the qb's that each roster had.

    while vick is not what he use to be he is still fast, and has a great arm.

    seeing that phillys oline is shit, with his style of offense an o line may not be as big of a priority.

    while some on here hate the guy for his style of offense and the ducks uniforms, I being a college football fan enjoyed watching them run that ultra fastpaced aggressive scheme.

  • Doesn't matter if Kelly turns out to be successful or not. He wasn't a good fit for the Browns for whatever reason. If he turns out to be successful with the Eagles, it doesn't mean he would have done the same in Cleveland. I did not like how he appeared to handle the interview process or the time it took for him to make his final decision. For that reason, I like the choice Haslam made to go in a different direction.

    @kshutchins said:

    Doesn't matter if Kelly turns out to be successful or not. He wasn't a good fit for the Browns for whatever reason. If he turns out to be successful with the Eagles, it doesn't mean he would have done the same in Cleveland. I did not like how he appeared to handle the interview process or the time it took for him to make his final decision. For that reason, I like the choice Haslam made to go in a different direction.

    Word is that the longer Jimmy Haslam spent in the presence of Kelly, the less comfortable he became. The guy was apparently just squirrelly. So JH pulled any further discussions off the table.

  • still don't see any facts stating it was haslam that pulled any deal off the table for kelly. as a matter of fact i think it was quite the opposite.

    remember there were multiple teams vying for this guy to be their next HC. we plain and simple didn't have enough lustre for the guy even to think about the cleveland job. i really do think he wanted to go back to oregon until the downwind smell of sanctions came his way...then the only offer left was the eagles.

    fuck chocolate chip fuckin kelly. looks like holgren's illegitimate love child.

  • While watching the Oregon-Kansas St. bowl game, the one thing that immediately jumped out at me

    was how much quicker Oregon was than K-State. Chip won't have that luxury in the NFL. The comparison

    to Spurrier is very apt.

    Also--PG, I realize you have unhealthy manlove for Trent but, c'mon--better than AP? Seriously?!?