Skip to content

Mock Draft Consensus

The Browns Board
41 16 2.0k
  • I collated data from 75 different mock drafts using Walterfootball.com on who they all thought the Browns would take with their #6 overall pick. Here is the breakdown of who was selected in those 75 mocks:

    Dion Jordan 16 times

    Ziggy Ansah 14 times

    Jarvis Jones 12 times

    Dee Milliner 10 times

    Bjoern Werner 7 times

    Barkevious Mingo 6 times

    Damontre Moore 4 times

    Chance Warmack 2 times

    Cordarelle Patterson 2 times (including Brian Billick)

    Star Lutolelei 1 time

    Jonathan Hankins 1 time

    To me, clearly, it seems like it could be any one of those top 6 guys mentioned above. Of course with Mike Lombardi picking God only knows.

    I will note that most of these mocks were put together as recently as a couple of days ago....but not before the trade announcement of Smith to KC. However, most of those mocks had the Chiefs taking Luke Joeckel anyway, so it doesn't greatly affect the Browns selection I don't think. None of those mocks had the Browns taking Geno Smith.

  • If we dont trade down slightly I'd be pleased if we just took the safe option of either Jordan or Ansah. It's hard for us to mess this pick up as long as we don't try and be smart about it.

    Choose your favourite pass rusher and draft him...simple!

  • Primary draft needs of teams in front of the Browns:

    Chiefs OL, CB, DE...was QB til Smith acquired

    Jags OL (G-T), OLB, Safety

    Raiders DE/OLB, OG, CB

    Eagles OL (G-T), DT, DE

    Lions OT, DE/OLB, CB

    And the Browns primary needs as I see it are OLB/DE, CB, S, OG

    Perhaps the good thing is that all these teams need Offensive Linemen, and it appears likely that at least two of the 5 teams ahead of them will take an OL. On the other hand at least two of them seem to be heavy in the market for an OLB or DE so the Browns will be in competition with several of these teams, Lions and Raiders particularly.

    And at least 2 of them are in the market for a CB, so it would be no surprise if Milliner is not there. In fact the vast majority of the 75 mock drafts referenced earlier have the Lions taking Milliner.

    A few of the mocks even have Jordan, Ansah , and Werner off the board by the time the Browns choose.

    Almost all of them however do have both Jarvis Jones and Mingo still on the board at the Browns turn.

  • If we dont trade down slightly I'd be pleased if we just took the safe option of either Jordan or Ansah. It's hard for us to mess this pick up as long as we don't try and be smart about it.

    Choose your favourite pass rusher and draft him...simple!

    @english-brown said:

    If we dont trade down slightly I'd be pleased if we just took the safe option of either Jordan or Ansah. It's hard for us to mess this pick up as long as we don't try and be smart about it.

    Choose your favourite pass rusher and draft him...simple!

    Of those top 6 names: Ansah, Jordan, Mingo, Jones, Werner, Milliner, it is highly probably that 3 of them will still be there....which is your choice?

  • I was reading that the Raiders might be keen on taking Smith and I think the Lions will take Milliner so we could still possibly be the 2nd team taking a LB/DE.

    Whichever way these other teams choose to go, I still think there will be plenty of talent available in our major areas of need. I haven't read much about Werner as on the earlier mock drafts he always seemed to be going ahead of 6, but for some reason he hasn't been mentioned as much recently.

    Would he fit the bill for what we are looking for or not?

  • All I have to go by over here is YouTube and reviews by 'experts' but I like the sound of Ansah.

    Just think he has the physical attributes that you are just lucky enough to be born with, which coupled with time spent with our coaches he could be turned into a beast.

  • All I have to go by over here is YouTube and reviews by 'experts' but I like the sound of Ansah.

    Just think he has the physical attributes that you are just lucky enough to be born with, which coupled with time spent with our coaches he could be turned into a beast.

    @english-brown said:

    All I have to go by over here is YouTube and reviews by 'experts' but I like the sound of Ansah.

    Just think he has the physical attributes that you are just lucky enough to be born with, which coupled with time spent with our coaches he could be turned into a beast.

    For the most part what you have is the same as we have, though occasionally we can see highlights on TV, but those are no better than what Youtube would give you. You should certainly have access to the same internet evaluation sites we do.

  • We should be able to get Jordan or Ansah which would be perfect. If not, I like Jones or Milliner. Werner would not fit our team, and while I like Mingo - he's almost a reach at 6, but if Jordan, Ansah, Jones, and Milliner are gone, I would still take Mingo in a heartbeat.

  • @english-brown said:

    All I have to go by over here is YouTube and reviews by 'experts' but I like the sound of Ansah.

    Just think he has the physical attributes that you are just lucky enough to be born with, which coupled with time spent with our coaches he could be turned into a beast.

    For the most part what you have is the same as we have, though occasionally we can see highlights on TV, but those are no better than what Youtube would give you. You should certainly have access to the same internet evaluation sites we do.

    @the-gipper said:

    For the most part what you have is the same as we have, though occasionally we can see highlights on TV, but those are no better than what Youtube would give you. You should certainly have access to the same internet evaluation sites we do.

  • Yeah, I tend to start with the mock draft sites and see who we are linked with then read up on them. It's not the same as sitting down watching a college game so I wouldn't have a clue after the first round, but you can pick enough up to make an educated guess on who ypu think might do well at the next level which I suppose everyone, including the FO is doing until you get a player on the field in the NFL.

    I just like what I see and read about Ansah, in the earlier drafts he was projected late in the first but as time has gone on he's moved up, but we are lucky in that there are a few players who will improve the defence straight off.

  • I am, and always have been calling for Jones if he's available at 6. Jordan, Ansah, and Werner all have two things in common. They either haven't been playing football long, or they haven't played their position long. I like Jones because he is a proven LB, and a proven player. The others look decent and I wouldn't mind having them on the roster, but I sure hope Jones is still there

    Sorry, the other thing the other three have in common is ridiculous athletic ability with potential to be elite

  • Yeah, I tend to start with the mock draft sites and see who we are linked with then read up on them. It's not the same as sitting down watching a college game so I wouldn't have a clue after the first round, but you can pick enough up to make an educated guess on who ypu think might do well at the next level which I suppose everyone, including the FO is doing until you get a player on the field in the NFL.

    I just like what I see and read about Ansah, in the earlier drafts he was projected late in the first but as time has gone on he's moved up, but we are lucky in that there are a few players who will improve the defence straight off.

    @english-brown said:

    Yeah, I tend to start with the mock draft sites and see who we are linked with then read up on them. It's not the same as sitting down watching a college game so I wouldn't have a clue after the first round, but you can pick enough up to make an educated guess on who ypu think might do well at the next level which I suppose everyone, including the FO is doing until you get a player on the field in the NFL.

    I just like what I see and read about Ansah, in the earlier drafts he was projected late in the first but as time has gone on he's moved up, but we are lucky in that there are a few players who will improve the defence straight off.

    Well, what you need to do is to clamor at your cable TV carrier or dish carrier or whatever to carry ESPN. Then you would get plenty of college football.

    Or are all your stations all hyped up on snooker?

    (When I was in Ireland, yes, they were big on futbol, but I swear that the next most talked about sport was snooker)

  • Nah, snooker is a minority sport. It's basically football all the way with Rugby and Cricket a long way 2nd and 3rd and usually only when the national team play.

    In Ireland they are big on football but tend to follow English or Scottish teams so crowd wise the biggest sport is Gaelic football which I think is a sort of hockey with a hard ball.

  • I think the Browns primary need is a freakin' QB

  • Browns land Kruger in a salary injury from Baltimore, sign Mike Wallace, and draft Jones with the 6th pick.

    Thats this years dream outcome from me guys...

    "And bring me a beast tight end!!!"

  • I think the Browns primary need is a freakin' QB

    @rooster-dick said:

    I think the Browns primary need is a freakin' QB

    Oh really....... Thought we had the best you asshole. Who do we need to sign or draft, Mel Kiper....

  • Browns land Kruger in a salary injury from Baltimore, sign Mike Wallace, and draft Jones with the 6th pick.

    Thats this years dream outcome from me guys...

    "And bring me a beast tight end!!!"

    @represent said:

    Browns land Kruger in a salary injury from Baltimore, sign Mike Wallace, and draft Jones with the 6th pick.

    Thats this years dream outcome from me guys...

    "And bring me a beast tight end!!!"

    I'd pass on Wallace but I am more than okay with the other two scenarios.

  • 1) No QB either in the draft or in FA is a noticeable upgrade to Weeden - get over it.

    2) Jordan/Ansah are good for the first round. I'm pretty confident Milliner will go to Detroit.

    Interesting possibilities for the round3 spot:

    Garrett Jones, G/C, Alabama

    Woods, WR, USC

    Wilson, WR, Wash St

    Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut

    Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers

    Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut

    Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

  • I'd add Darious Slay, cb, to that list. He was impressing at the combine....

  • Jones in the first, pick up a second and take Teo and with the third take Mathieu... problems solved or problems started?