Skip to content

Neopolitan Amenities

The Browns Board
29 9 1.2k
  • Zombo said:

    Been there many-a-time sir.

    The owners, at least 15 years ago, were young guys from Ohio, Dayton area, but they inherited the Clevelander name.

    Zombo

    I believe the original owners that gave it that name were from Cleveland.

    @the-gipper said:

    I believe the original owners that gave it that name were from Cleveland.

    Yes they were. Hence the name. It is a South Beach institution and an architectural gem.

    I sang the theme from the Love Boat badly at the top of my lungs while fully clothed in the wading pool there.

    Z

  • No doubt there is much to do in Cleveland.

    I might question some of the rankings.....The Art Museum as an example.....a great place for sure, but I wouldn't rate is 2nd best in the country, but that is just picking.....no doubt it is world class no matter where it rates.

    @ballpeen said:

    No doubt there is much to do in Cleveland.

    I might question some of the rankings.....The Art Museum as an example.....a great place for sure, but I wouldn't rate is 2nd best in the country, but that is just picking.....no doubt it is world class no matter where it rates.

    Most wouldn't rank the Art Museum that high. But it could definitely be considered top 10. I have a sister and some clients who inhabit the "art world" and from what I hear from them, the focus of art is always changing. What used to be a niche museum like say The Guggenheim or the MOMAs in various cities (NY, SF, LA) are now mainstream art museum.

    Cleveland's is an old, staid...but not stale museum. Like some wines, better with age. I mean, the Louvre is always going to be great with its collection, and so is the Cleveland Art Museum.

  • @ballpeen said:

    No doubt there is much to do in Cleveland.

    I might question some of the rankings.....The Art Museum as an example.....a great place for sure, but I wouldn't rate is 2nd best in the country, but that is just picking.....no doubt it is world class no matter where it rates.

    Most wouldn't rank the Art Museum that high. But it could definitely be considered top 10. I have a sister and some clients who inhabit the "art world" and from what I hear from them, the focus of art is always changing. What used to be a niche museum like say The Guggenheim or the MOMAs in various cities (NY, SF, LA) are now mainstream art museum.

    Cleveland's is an old, staid...but not stale museum. Like some wines, better with age. I mean, the Louvre is always going to be great with its collection, and so is the Cleveland Art Museum.

    @the-gipper said:

    Most wouldn't rank the Art Museum that high. But it could definitely be considered top 10. I have a sister and some clients who inhabit the "art world" and from what I hear from them, the focus of art is always changing. What used to be a niche museum like say The Guggenheim or the MOMAs in various cities (NY, SF, LA) are now mainstream art museum.

    Cleveland's is an old, staid...but not stale museum. Like some wines, better with age. I mean, the Louvre is always going to be great with its collection, and so is the Cleveland Art Museum.

    I intended to make a visit last season to check out the renovations, but never made it.

    Assuming I go up there this season, I'll have to make it a Saturday afternoon. Seems my wife and I went maybe 3-4 years before the renovations, and it seems like those took 2-3 years, so it's nearing 10 years since my last visit.

  • There's also the Hartville flea market, and restaurant, and giant hardware store in the same complex....

    btw, the WW. MAPS Air Museum. Near Akron-Canton Airport. Dedicated to history of aviation..

    is excellent. A lot of history, uniforms, equipment, bomb shell casings, artwork made from the large shell casings...

    and airplanes and helicopters. Old planes, newer planes.... it's a very cool place to go. And it's just

    a little ways down the expressway to the Canton football HOF.

  • And you know, a lot of people come to this basic area to "Amish country". A bit south of the Cleveland/Akron metro area, but withing easy reach. I know that when my sisters have people visit from out of town that is where they head.

    (speaking of hardware stores and the Amish, there is Lehman's in Kidron which may be the biggest or most unusual hardware store in the world.)

  • Small town living south of clev and north of colum is where it is. Phuch shitty city livin that john rocker speaks of

  • Small town living south of clev and north of colum is where it is. Phuch shitty city livin that john rocker speaks of

    @cdl15 said:

    Small town living south of clev and north of colum is where it is. Phuch shitty city livin that john rocker speaks of

    Sometimes it is nice to see other people without having to spend $10 in gas and 30 minutes each way to a real grocery store or watering hole. 😉

  • Small town living south of clev and north of colum is where it is. Phuch shitty city livin that john rocker speaks of

    @cdl15 said:

    Small town living south of clev and north of colum is where it is. Phuch shitty city livin that john rocker speaks of

    Not sure what you are advocating. You could say that I live in a "small town", 25K, between Cleveland and Columbus. More of a suburb of Akron.

  • And you know, a lot of people come to this basic area to "Amish country". A bit south of the Cleveland/Akron metro area, but withing easy reach. I know that when my sisters have people visit from out of town that is where they head.

    (speaking of hardware stores and the Amish, there is Lehman's in Kidron which may be the biggest or most unusual hardware store in the world.)

    @the-gipper said:

    And you know, a lot of people come to this basic area to "Amish country". A bit south of the Cleveland/Akron metro area, but withing easy reach. I know that when my sisters have people visit from out of town that is where they head.

    (speaking of hardware stores and the Amish, there is Lehman's in Kidron which may be the biggest or most unusual hardware store in the world.)

    Lehman's is a neat place to visit. Another is Warther's Museum in Dover. To refer to his work as carvings leaves a false impression. His work looks NOTHING like "hand made". Here is a link to the site. The museum tour is a must. http://www.warthers.com/Ernest_Warther.htm

    Also, check out our State record fish that stack up well nationally & our trophy deer rank high nationally as well.

    Mike

  • Some great golf tracks around this area too