Skip to content

More In And Out Of The Picture

The Browns Board
41 10 2.5k
  • Zibikowski would be sick

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mld-woody said:

    Zibikowski would be sick

    Why would the Colts release him if he is so good? I didn't hear that they had a cap space problem.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Zibikowski would be sick

    Why would the Colts release him if he is so good? I didn't hear that they had a cap space problem.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    Why would the Colts release him if he is so good? I didn't hear that they had a cap space problem.

    ditto that about Vollmer- he made the Pro Bowl @ RT. Bill B rarely makes mistakes, so he must know something we don't. Then again he thought an average of 120 receptions and 1,400 yards receiving over the last two years wasn't worth $6 million a year either. πŸ˜•

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why would the Colts release him if he is so good? I didn't hear that they had a cap space problem.

    ditto that about Vollmer- he made the Pro Bowl @ RT. Bill B rarely makes mistakes, so he must know something we don't. Then again he thought an average of 120 receptions and 1,400 yards receiving over the last two years wasn't worth $6 million a year either. πŸ˜•

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hoorta said:

    ditto that about Vollmer- he made the Pro Bowl @ RT. Bill B rarely makes mistakes, so he must know something we don't. Then again he thought an average of 120 receptions and 1,400 yards receiving over the last two years wasn't worth $6 million a year either. πŸ˜•

    I don't know Vollmer's age, but perhaps he, like Welker, was a little older and BB, as he often does gets rid of guys perhaps one year early rather than one year late.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Cuz Zibikowski in the only Notre Dame player I've ever liked and he's a good user safety in Madden πŸ™‚

  • J Joeb wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Cruz is still a year away from unrestricted free agency so they don’t have to give him a mega-contract at the moment. They can buy time β€” as the $2.879 million tender did β€” until they have a better idea what his market value really is.

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-tendering-cruz-article-1.1290695#ixzz2NvGKI2Wk

    The giants have been walking a fine line with Cruz way to long and need to be called on the " Your so happy in Ny the greatest city on the planet Line " While paying him somewhere around 330,000 $ Next year he will demand 12 Mill and the giants are going to pull a Mike Wallace and smash his reputation in the media . Cruz deserves a Chance to be Someones # 1 and the NY talking heads are cuddling the fact , The only thing holding him there is the fear of the NY media .

    Cleveland need to at least sweeten the deal for him so this travesty doesn't play out in the form of Wallace to Miami after a media circus . Im sure Miami would have given up the Ryan Tannenhill pick for Wallace at 4.5 mill last year . A lesson Cleveland should look at , as a positive not a loss .

  • Cruz is still a year away from unrestricted free agency so they don’t have to give him a mega-contract at the moment. They can buy time β€” as the $2.879 million tender did β€” until they have a better idea what his market value really is.

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-tendering-cruz-article-1.1290695#ixzz2NvGKI2Wk

    The giants have been walking a fine line with Cruz way to long and need to be called on the " Your so happy in Ny the greatest city on the planet Line " While paying him somewhere around 330,000 $ Next year he will demand 12 Mill and the giants are going to pull a Mike Wallace and smash his reputation in the media . Cruz deserves a Chance to be Someones # 1 and the NY talking heads are cuddling the fact , The only thing holding him there is the fear of the NY media .

    Cleveland need to at least sweeten the deal for him so this travesty doesn't play out in the form of Wallace to Miami after a media circus . Im sure Miami would have given up the Ryan Tannenhill pick for Wallace at 4.5 mill last year . A lesson Cleveland should look at , as a positive not a loss .

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @joeb said:

    Cruz is still a year away from unrestricted free agency so they don’t have to give him a mega-contract at the moment. They can buy time β€” as the $2.879 million tender did β€” until they have a better idea what his market value really is.

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-tendering-cruz-article-1.1290695#ixzz2NvGKI2Wk

    The giants have been walking a fine line with Cruz way to long and need to be called on the " Your so happy in Ny the greatest city on the planet Line " While paying him somewhere around 330,000 $ Next year he will demand 12 Mill and the giants are going to pull a Mike Wallace and smash his reputation in the media . Cruz deserves a Chance to be Someones # 1 and the NY talking heads are cuddling the fact , The only thing holding him there is the fear of the NY media .

    Cleveland need to at least sweeten the deal for him so this travesty doesn't play out in the form of Wallace to Miami after a media circus . Im sure Miami would have given up the Ryan Tannenhill pick for Wallace at 4.5 mill last year . A lesson Cleveland should look at , as a positive not a loss .

    So NY won't pay him $12 million next year but Cleveland should give him that kind of money, and ship the #6 pick to the Giants on top of it? Instant Cap Hell. Welker only got $6 million. No thanks. I like what we have in Gordon and Little.

  • Cuz Zibikowski in the only Notre Dame player I've ever liked and he's a good user safety in Madden πŸ™‚

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    Cuz Zibikowski in the only Notre Dame player I've ever liked and he's a good user safety in Madden πŸ™‚

    Grow up.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Moves yesterday involving players at positions of Browns needs, these guys are now "Out of the Picture" for the Browns:

    TE Matt Spaeth signed by Steelers

    LB Antwan Barnes signed by Jets

    TE Ben Watson signed by Saints

    LB Ramon Humber signed by Saints

    CB Cassius Vaughn resigned by Colts

    LB Rey Maualaga resigned by Bengals.

    DE Marcus spears signed by Ravens

    P Sav Rocca signed by Redskins

    TE Tom Crabtree signed by Bucs

    LB Kevin Burnett signed by Raiders

    TE Ben Hartsock signed by Panthers

    DB Craig Dahl signed by 49ers

    K Nick Folk signed by Jets

    LB Rob Francois signed by Packers

  • @mld-woody said:

    Cuz Zibikowski in the only Notre Dame player I've ever liked and he's a good user safety in Madden πŸ™‚

    Grow up.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    Grow up.

    You first

  • @the-gipper said:

    Grow up.

    You first

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mld-woody said:

    You first

    I am growing old, I am growing out, I am growing grey. At this point I may even be retracting in my growth.

    11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    More "out of the picture" this afternoon March 19th:

    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick...got his St. Pats present, signed by Titans

    QB Matt Hasselback...signed by Colts

    OG Nate Garner...signed by Dolphins

    WR Louis Murphy...signed by Giants.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Another group of "Outs":

    CB DJ Moore signs with Panthers

    OG Seth Olsen signs with Vikings

    QB David Carr resigns with Giants

    and, of course, Phil Dawson.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Really, really loved the Browns first two moves. Really, really hate that they've missed out on all those affordable corners and now it's down to paying more for a potentially terrific CB who's gonna be 30 and coming off a torn achilles. Could work out... could make us yearn for Keenan Lewis.

    I figured we should focus on D and RG because it's gonna be tough to get f/a passcatchers to come here until we have a settled and productive QB sitch.

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I'm cautiously optimistic about the signings, I think the biggest factor will be Horton and not the free agents we signed.

    Quinton Groves was on the radio today and the way these guys talk about Horton and his D makes it sound like he is Bill Walsh reincarnated as a defensive guy. Can't wait for the new season should be exciting.

    I wish we would of signed Sean Smith the corner who went to KC,hopefully we can land Grimes.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Yeah, there were so many young, legit, starting "second corners" on the market, even more than usual and it's always a popular position. Shit, remember Carlos Rogers dangling out there until May... but then making the Pro Bowl? They're falling off trees but we never seem to catch one.

    I thought we'd jump on Kruger and Keenan Lewis right away.

  • I'm cautiously optimistic about the signings, I think the biggest factor will be Horton and not the free agents we signed.

    Quinton Groves was on the radio today and the way these guys talk about Horton and his D makes it sound like he is Bill Walsh reincarnated as a defensive guy. Can't wait for the new season should be exciting.

    I wish we would of signed Sean Smith the corner who went to KC,hopefully we can land Grimes.

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    I'm cautiously optimistic about the signings, I think the biggest factor will be Horton and not the free agents we signed.

    Quinton Groves was on the radio today and the way these guys talk about Horton and his D makes it sound like he is Bill Walsh reincarnated as a defensive guy. Can't wait for the new season should be exciting.

    I would say our signings have been "smart". I dont want to use the rome wasn't built in a day bit, because we've heard it all before. But if you look at how Banner was part of assembling the eagles it was calculated smart moves. He assembled a football team you didnt hear of the eagles in cap hell.

  • Really, really loved the Browns first two moves. Really, really hate that they've missed out on all those affordable corners and now it's down to paying more for a potentially terrific CB who's gonna be 30 and coming off a torn achilles. Could work out... could make us yearn for Keenan Lewis.

    I figured we should focus on D and RG because it's gonna be tough to get f/a passcatchers to come here until we have a settled and productive QB sitch.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @shep said:

    Really, really loved the Browns first two moves. Really, really hate that they've missed out on all those affordable corners and now it's down to paying more for a potentially terrific CB who's gonna be 30 and coming off a torn achilles. Could work out... could make us yearn for Keenan Lewis.

    I figured we should focus on D and RG because it's gonna be tough to get f/a passcatchers to come here until we have a settled and productive QB sitch.

    Well, in my other thread Scouts Inc. listed 5 CBs as being their equally rated #1 grade. And four of those remain unsigned. Grimes, Jammer, Gamble....and another. So, if you go by them, the best are still out there. (but yes, they may in fact be "older" guys. Gamble says he is retiring...so did Tony Gonzales. No one is retired until you get about into the middle of the regular season and a guy does not come back)

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    S Louis Delmar Lions signed

    WR Marlon Moore 49ers signed

    Both now out of the picture.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    More players "out of the picture" for the Browns:

    CB Brice McCain signed by Houston

    CB Marquice Cole signed by NE

    LB Niko Koutouvidies signed by NE

    LB Jacob Cutrera signed by TB

    CB E.J. Biggers signed by WASH.

    These are not names that I know, nor do I believe the Browns were probably pursuing any of them.