Skip to content

Official Free Agency Activity Thread

The Browns Board
313 39 15.0k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We are not getting three starters out of this draft

    I actually disagree with you. Josh Gordon is technically part of this draft class - but whatever.

    There's very few starting-caliber CB's in this draft.. that will probably be Milliner at 6, the only other candidates are Warmack and Jones.

    Safety however is extraordinarily deep, the best at that position in a decade. We will be able to grab a starting-caliber FS in round 3.

    As for guard, who knows: Draft 3,4 of them in the late rounds and let 'em fight it out, somebody should be able to be better than lauvao.

    Can't fix everything all at once, but IMHO everything but guard should be addressed satisfactorily for a while.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I actually disagree with you. Josh Gordon is technically part of this draft class - but whatever.

    There's very few starting-caliber CB's in this draft.. that will probably be Milliner at 6, the only other candidates are Warmack and Jones.

    Safety however is extraordinarily deep, the best at that position in a decade. We will be able to grab a starting-caliber FS in round 3.

    As for guard, who knows: Draft 3,4 of them in the late rounds and let 'em fight it out, somebody should be able to be better than lauvao.

    Can't fix everything all at once, but IMHO everything but guard should be addressed satisfactorily for a while.

    I can't see us staying at 6 personally. Banner/Lombardi will want to put their mark on the roster, and a second round pick, ie another starter, would help them do that. Trading down to 12 with Miami (and then potentially again) you could see us taking Austin, then Trufant in the second and picking up a FS or TE in the third. While the O-line could stand to be improved, a guard wouldn't be the big impact play-maker that would be the poster boy for the Lom-Banner-di era.

  • I agree with harry buffalo above, by the time preseason rolls around I think we will fill quite a few spots via the draft and roster cut down casualties from other teams. Still a lot of time left to make moves to upgrade our roster. This is just the point of the off season where the FO wants to be patient and not jump the gun when they really don't need to.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We are not getting three starters out of this draft

    I actually disagree with you. Josh Gordon is technically part of this draft class - but whatever.

    There's very few starting-caliber CB's in this draft.. that will probably be Milliner at 6, the only other candidates are Warmack and Jones.

    Safety however is extraordinarily deep, the best at that position in a decade. We will be able to grab a starting-caliber FS in round 3.

    As for guard, who knows: Draft 3,4 of them in the late rounds and let 'em fight it out, somebody should be able to be better than lauvao.

    Can't fix everything all at once, but IMHO everything but guard should be addressed satisfactorily for a while.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I actually disagree with you. Josh Gordon is technically part of this draft class - but whatever.

    There's very few starting-caliber CB's in this draft.. that will probably be Milliner at 6, the only other candidates are Warmack and Jones.

    Safety however is extraordinarily deep, the best at that position in a decade. We will be able to grab a starting-caliber FS in round 3.

    As for guard, who knows: Draft 3,4 of them in the late rounds and let 'em fight it out, somebody should be able to be better than lauvao.

    Can't fix everything all at once, but IMHO everything but guard should be addressed satisfactorily for a while.

    Semantics. We aren't getting three starters out of the 7 or so players we'll be adding in April.

    I agree about this CB class being thin, which really adds to my disappointment. The CB FA market was decently strong and we failed to add anybody of merit. Meanwhile, this draft is riddled with LB talent, yet we address that weakness via FA. It just doesn't make sense.

    There weren't many G's in FA that would have been a marked improvement, I fully expect us to draft one.

    It just seemed like this was the perfect setup for us to fill every glaring weakness and we fumbled it all over our titties. We could have added a big CB via FA, address OLB either at 6 or traded back and then added it later in the first, and then address G or FS with our next pick. Now it seems we are forced to reach for a CB if we can't trade back or add yet another LB.

    Watch us fuck everything up and trade UP to get Smith.

  • Haslam's clueless ass hiring Banner's hobbit ass, which in turn hired that dumbass Lombardi and letting Heckert walk was the beginning of the end. The the only thing they've done right is hiring Chud and Horton, for Chud brought Norv in an OC. I could have done with Banner's bean counting ways but Lombardi is sure to fuck this team as the dude is a second rate douchebag analyst.

  • Also saving cap to resign key players in the future

  • i mean Asomugha got signed by less than what we'll have to pay millner (if that's what happenes).

    no offer? do you really think banner and lombardi are better in player evaluation than harbaugh and his GM?

    also, didn't atlanta just cut an OL that has started every game for them in the last 4 years? UH can we bring him in for a lool?

    c'mon man!!!

  • @unsympathetic said:

    I actually disagree with you. Josh Gordon is technically part of this draft class - but whatever.

    There's very few starting-caliber CB's in this draft.. that will probably be Milliner at 6, the only other candidates are Warmack and Jones.

    Safety however is extraordinarily deep, the best at that position in a decade. We will be able to grab a starting-caliber FS in round 3.

    As for guard, who knows: Draft 3,4 of them in the late rounds and let 'em fight it out, somebody should be able to be better than lauvao.

    Can't fix everything all at once, but IMHO everything but guard should be addressed satisfactorily for a while.

    Semantics. We aren't getting three starters out of the 7 or so players we'll be adding in April.

    I agree about this CB class being thin, which really adds to my disappointment. The CB FA market was decently strong and we failed to add anybody of merit. Meanwhile, this draft is riddled with LB talent, yet we address that weakness via FA. It just doesn't make sense.

    There weren't many G's in FA that would have been a marked improvement, I fully expect us to draft one.

    It just seemed like this was the perfect setup for us to fill every glaring weakness and we fumbled it all over our titties. We could have added a big CB via FA, address OLB either at 6 or traded back and then added it later in the first, and then address G or FS with our next pick. Now it seems we are forced to reach for a CB if we can't trade back or add yet another LB.

    Watch us fuck everything up and trade UP to get Smith.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Semantics. We aren't getting three starters out of the 7 or so players we'll be adding in April.

    I agree about this CB class being thin, which really adds to my disappointment. The CB FA market was decently strong and we failed to add anybody of merit. Meanwhile, this draft is riddled with LB talent, yet we address that weakness via FA. It just doesn't make sense.

    There weren't many G's in FA that would have been a marked improvement, I fully expect us to draft one.

    It just seemed like this was the perfect setup for us to fill every glaring weakness and we fumbled it all over our titties. We could have added a big CB via FA, address OLB either at 6 or traded back and then added it later in the first, and then address G or FS with our next pick. Now it seems we are forced to reach for a CB if we can't trade back or add yet another LB.

    Watch us fuck everything up and trade UP to get Smith.

    What about OG Brandon Moore, currently of the Jets? Would he be an upgrade?

    And there are still some "big name" CBs out there, like Quentin Jammer, Winfield etc. but the Browns do NOT obviously want someone over 30 apparently.

    At Safety there is Quintin Mikell....but I don't know his age or if he is a FS or SS.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Semantics. We aren't getting three starters out of the 7 or so players we'll be adding in April.

    I agree about this CB class being thin, which really adds to my disappointment. The CB FA market was decently strong and we failed to add anybody of merit. Meanwhile, this draft is riddled with LB talent, yet we address that weakness via FA. It just doesn't make sense.

    There weren't many G's in FA that would have been a marked improvement, I fully expect us to draft one.

    It just seemed like this was the perfect setup for us to fill every glaring weakness and we fumbled it all over our titties. We could have added a big CB via FA, address OLB either at 6 or traded back and then added it later in the first, and then address G or FS with our next pick. Now it seems we are forced to reach for a CB if we can't trade back or add yet another LB.

    Watch us fuck everything up and trade UP to get Smith.

    What about OG Brandon Moore, currently of the Jets? Would he be an upgrade?

    And there are still some "big name" CBs out there, like Quentin Jammer, Winfield etc. but the Browns do NOT obviously want someone over 30 apparently.

    At Safety there is Quintin Mikell....but I don't know his age or if he is a FS or SS.

    @the-gipper said:

    What about OG Brandon Moore, currently of the Jets? Would he be an upgrade?

    And there are still some "big name" CBs out there, like Quentin Jammer, Winfield etc. but the Browns do NOT obviously want someone over 30 apparently.

    At Safety there is Quintin Mikell....but I don't know his age or if he is a FS or SS.

    I'm not worried about the name, I'm more concerned with recent production. Grimes would have been a great upgrade with high potential, yet we dropped the ball. Asomugha came for dirt cheap and it seems like we didnt even make an offer.

  • Momass to Jags on 2 yr deal per Molly Qerim of NFL network

  • Momass to Jags on 2 yr deal per Molly Qerim of NFL network

    @sisky-fringo said:

    Momass to Jags on 2 yr deal per Molly Qerim of NFL network

    Feeling lazy, I had a quick google of MoMass to read the story. Naturally, google thought I was searching for 'Mom ass'

  • Momass was a good receiver, better than Robo. He ran good routes and caught the ball nicely. He just always took some of the nastiest hits I've seen a WR take. I'm not upset about him not staying and signing elsewhere, and I really like Mo a lot. He's a nice guy and a team player. It's just that we have players that can fill his spot and we don't lose a lot of upside in the process. I like Little and Gordon at WR. I think Mo would have been a good #2 Wr but Little fills that role.

    You see, I don't mind when we release players that it makes sense to release.

  • Momass was a good receiver, better than Robo. He ran good routes and caught the ball nicely. He just always took some of the nastiest hits I've seen a WR take. I'm not upset about him not staying and signing elsewhere, and I really like Mo a lot. He's a nice guy and a team player. It's just that we have players that can fill his spot and we don't lose a lot of upside in the process. I like Little and Gordon at WR. I think Mo would have been a good #2 Wr but Little fills that role.

    You see, I don't mind when we release players that it makes sense to release.

    @poeticg said:

    Momass was a good receiver, better than Robo. He ran good routes and caught the ball nicely. He just always took some of the nastiest hits I've seen a WR take. I'm not upset about him not staying and signing elsewhere, and I really like Mo a lot. He's a nice guy and a team player. It's just that we have players that can fill his spot and we don't lose a lot of upside in the process. I like Little and Gordon at WR. I think Mo would have been a good #2 Wr but Little fills that role.

    You see, I don't mind when we release players that it makes sense to release.

    So you didn't mind the trade of McCoy. That's nice

  • Momass = epic fail. and what is up with Jacksonville they are like that guy that goes and Fucks your ex-girlfriendafter you break up with her because she's not that good in bed.

  • ^^^ i call those guys "orbiters"...

  • Momass = epic fail. and what is up with Jacksonville they are like that guy that goes and Fucks your ex-girlfriendafter you break up with her because she's not that good in bed.

    @cdl15 said:

    Momass = epic fail. and what is up with Jacksonville they are like that guy that goes and Fucks your ex-girlfriendafter you break up with her because she's not that good in bed.

    how would 'that guy' know that your girlfriend isn't that good in bed? do you tell your friends shit like that?

    even if you break up with a chick she is still off limits to your friends.

    on the man rule list for sure.

  • So ... we broke up with Momass because she was no good in bed and now Jacksonville is fucking her?

    Didn't they take sloppy seconds on Norwood and Robiskie too?

    Z

  • So ... we broke up with Momass because she was no good in bed and now Jacksonville is fucking her?

    Didn't they take sloppy seconds on Norwood and Robiskie too?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    So ... we broke up with Momass because she was no good in bed and now Jacksonville is fucking her?

    Didn't they take sloppy seconds on Northcutt and Robiskie too?

    Z

    Keenan McCardell worked out pretty well for them... but that was back when the Browns moved.

  • Momass was a good receiver, better than Robo. He ran good routes and caught the ball nicely. He just always took some of the nastiest hits I've seen a WR take. I'm not upset about him not staying and signing elsewhere, and I really like Mo a lot. He's a nice guy and a team player. It's just that we have players that can fill his spot and we don't lose a lot of upside in the process. I like Little and Gordon at WR. I think Mo would have been a good #2 Wr but Little fills that role.

    You see, I don't mind when we release players that it makes sense to release.

    @poeticg said:

    Momass was a good receiver, better than Robo. He ran good routes and caught the ball nicely. He just always took some of the nastiest hits I've seen a WR take. I'm not upset about him not staying and signing elsewhere, and I really like Mo a lot. He's a nice guy and a team player. It's just that we have players that can fill his spot and we don't lose a lot of upside in the process. I like Little and Gordon at WR. I think Mo would have been a good #2 Wr but Little fills that role.

    You see, I don't mind when we release players that it makes sense to release.

    Considering where he was drafted- have to consider him an underperformer at best. That he was better than Robiski- who has to be considered a total bust isn't saying much. Couldn't stay healthy either. Too expensive to keep around as the #4 wr.

  • @poeticg said:

    Momass was a good receiver, better than Robo. He ran good routes and caught the ball nicely. He just always took some of the nastiest hits I've seen a WR take. I'm not upset about him not staying and signing elsewhere, and I really like Mo a lot. He's a nice guy and a team player. It's just that we have players that can fill his spot and we don't lose a lot of upside in the process. I like Little and Gordon at WR. I think Mo would have been a good #2 Wr but Little fills that role.

    You see, I don't mind when we release players that it makes sense to release.

    Considering where he was drafted- have to consider him an underperformer at best. That he was better than Robiski- who has to be considered a total bust isn't saying much. Couldn't stay healthy either. Too expensive to keep around as the #4 wr.

    @hoorta said:

    Considering where he was drafted- have to consider him an underperformer at best. Couldn't stay healthy either. Too expensive to keep around as the #4 wr.

    Still never know what he could have done in a healthy offense with good qb play

  • @hoorta said:

    Considering where he was drafted- have to consider him an underperformer at best. Couldn't stay healthy either. Too expensive to keep around as the #4 wr.

    Still never know what he could have done in a healthy offense with good qb play

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Still never know what he could have done in a healthy offense with good qb play

    Didn't want to offend PG, but a lot of those hits MoMass took were attributable to lousy qb play. The best qbs can usually anticipate the defense, and avoid setting up their WRs to take kill shots.