Skip to content

Browns Roster As It Stands..survey

The Browns Board
26 11 2.4k
  • Fuck all what the rest of the world says or calls it. It is important because when you use that excuse it comes off as being the height of ignorance and arrogance. It IS simply football. There is no other name for it.

    And you're calling him the arrogant and ignorant one? lol

  • Fuck all what the rest of the world says or calls it. It is important because when you use that excuse it comes off as being the height of ignorance and arrogance. It IS simply football. There is no other name for it.

    And you're calling him the arrogant and ignorant one? lol

    @vaportrail said:

    And you're calling him the arrogant and ignorant one? lol

    Right. Sorry, did I forget to give you your honorable mention?

  • But that is how it got its name. No one I have ever known ever called it "Rugby Football". Calling it Rugby Football would be superfluous....and confusing to some.

    I know there are different versions of rugby, like Rugby Sevens, which you probably do have to distinguish simply because of the number of people on the field, I guess.

    Sure thing, ignoramus. The rugby team that I played on was The UD Rugby Football Club. Is it superfluous? Sure. But to say that you've never heard of that term just shows that you really haven't been exposed to much of it.

  • But that is how it got its name. No one I have ever known ever called it "Rugby Football". Calling it Rugby Football would be superfluous....and confusing to some.

    I know there are different versions of rugby, like Rugby Sevens, which you probably do have to distinguish simply because of the number of people on the field, I guess.

    Sure thing, ignoramus. The rugby team that I played on was The UD Rugby Football Club. Is it superfluous? Sure. But to say that you've never heard of that term just shows that you really haven't been exposed to much of it.

    @vaportrail said:

    Sure thing, ignoramus. The rugby team that I played on was The UD Rugby Football Club. Is it superfluous? Sure. But to say that you've never heard of that term just shows that you really haven't been exposed to much of it.

    I didn't say I never heard of it. I said that its use is superfluous. That is the same as saying "The Cleveland Browns Football Team", or the Cleveland Indians Baseball Team. Any team can be called by the sport it is.

    But would you ever call them The Cleveland Browns American Football Team"? Or the Cleveland Cavaliers United States Basketball Team? Or the Leeds United Kingdom Rugby Football Team?

    See my point?

  • Edited Browns roster # means FA technically still on Browns roster.

    QBs: Weeden, McCoy, Thad Lewis, Josh Johnson#(delete, signed by Cincy), add Jason Campbell

    RBs: Hardesty, Ogbannaya, Trent Richardson, Brandon Jackson#

    TEs: Barnidge, Cameron, Dan Gronkowski, Smelley, Alex Smith#, add Kellen Davis

    WRs: Benjamin, Josh Cooper, Gordon, Little, Norwood, Massaquoi#, Cribbs#

    FB: Marecic

    OL: Alford, Cousins, Greco, Lauvao, Mack, Miller, Pinkston, The Schwartz, Jarrod Shaw, Joe Thomas

    P: Hodges#, Spencer Lanning

    LS: Christian Yount

    DL: Kendrick Adams, Des Bryant, Hall Davis, Kitchen, John Hughes, Rubin, Sheard, Taylor, Winn, Brian Sanford, Juqua Parker#

    LBs: Acho, Carder, Fort, Gocong, Groves, DQ Jackson, JMJ, Kruger, Andrien Moten, Robertson, Fujita#

    DBs: Bademosi, Gipson, Haden, Hagg, Prince Miller, Kent Richardson, Skrine, Wade, Ward, Usama Young, Sheldon Brown#, Ray Ventrone#, Chris Owens, Kevin Barnes.

    K: None

    That is 71 players of which 8 are UNR. FAs. These include all Taxi Squad guys...but no draftees or Undrafted FAs

  • 1. Nope

    2. Weeden and Greg Little.

    3. QB

    4. LT, that's it...

    5. Nope