Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Must Watch

Must Watch

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
41 Posts 9 Posters 1.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
    • 6k Posts
    • 221 Reputation
    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

    IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

    IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

    Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

    http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

    Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
    F 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
      • 39k Posts
      • 9k Reputation
      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
      #2

      Interesting.

      A lot of points, especially as to the role of television in portrayed the family, or non family, unit.

      That one's pretty easy to figure out, follow the money.

      Look at the target audience and then check to see what commercials are running.

      For example, the news cable networks run ads for automobiles, business lodging, investment firms and medical devices.

      Daily Show Colbert Report Saturday Night Live? Rubbers and video games.

      Judge shows in the afternoon?

      Personal injury law firms.

      Most afternoon programming is aimed toward unwed mothers staying at home watching TV.

      There are a lot of ads for continuing education and trade schools.

      I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the man's points, just saying it's probably more financially oriented than societal.

      As far as the fear mongering, well that's how Jones makes his living.

      Still, bottom line, if we never heard any of these conspiracies we wouldn't bother thinking about them.

      Frankly transparency in the dark shadows of government doesn't really mean much to our daily lives.

      I spend precious little time freaking over the Bilderbergs or the Tri lateral commision or the Illuminati or the Free Masons.

      What's your take?

      WSS

      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
      Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        Interesting.

        A lot of points, especially as to the role of television in portrayed the family, or non family, unit.

        That one's pretty easy to figure out, follow the money.

        Look at the target audience and then check to see what commercials are running.

        For example, the news cable networks run ads for automobiles, business lodging, investment firms and medical devices.

        Daily Show Colbert Report Saturday Night Live? Rubbers and video games.

        Judge shows in the afternoon?

        Personal injury law firms.

        Most afternoon programming is aimed toward unwed mothers staying at home watching TV.

        There are a lot of ads for continuing education and trade schools.

        I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the man's points, just saying it's probably more financially oriented than societal.

        As far as the fear mongering, well that's how Jones makes his living.

        Still, bottom line, if we never heard any of these conspiracies we wouldn't bother thinking about them.

        Frankly transparency in the dark shadows of government doesn't really mean much to our daily lives.

        I spend precious little time freaking over the Bilderbergs or the Tri lateral commision or the Illuminati or the Free Masons.

        What's your take?

        WSS

        Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
        • 6k Posts
        • 221 Reputation
        Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @westside-steve said:

        Interesting.

        A lot of points, especially as to the role of television in portrayed the family, or non family, unit.

        That one's pretty easy to figure out, follow the money.

        Look at the target audience and then check to see what commercials are running.

        For example, the news cable networks run ads for automobiles, business lodging, investment firms and medical devices.

        Daily Show Colbert Report Saturday Night Live? Rubbers and video games.

        Judge shows in the afternoon?

        Personal injury law firms.

        Most afternoon programming is aimed toward unwed mothers staying at home watching TV.

        There are a lot of ads for continuing education and trade schools.

        I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the man's points, just saying it's probably more financially oriented than societal.

        As far as the fear mongering, well that's how Jones makes his living.

        Still, bottom line, if we never heard any of these conspiracies we wouldn't bother thinking about them.

        Frankly transparency in the dark shadows of government doesn't really mean much to our daily lives.

        I spend precious little time freaking over the Bilderbergs or the Tri lateral commision or the Illuminati or the Free Masons.

        What's your take?

        WSS

        Steve some good points here. It really is about the money, but I have to disagree it is society (that is driven by money). What I took from this is Corgan is using Jones as a soap box telling him and in turn all news agencies can change the actual information that is fucking society up. It's actually quite genius if you ask me, who else will listen to this view. Can you imagine Corgan sitting down with Matt Lauer talking about this? Alex Jones could barely keep up.

        This really is some good stuff and offers solutions vs whining about not being able to hand out flyers downtown.

        Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

          Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

          IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

          IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

          Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

          http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

          FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @kosar_for_president said:

          Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

          IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

          IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

          Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

          http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

          Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

          the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

          very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

          He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

          what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

          N Kosar_For_PresidentK 2 Replies Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • F FairHooker11

            @kosar_for_president said:

            Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

            IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

            IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

            Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

            http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

            Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

            the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

            very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

            He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

            what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

            nunboy N
            • 305 Posts
            • 21 Reputation
            N nunboy wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @fairhooker11 said:

            Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

            the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

            very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

            He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

            what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

            Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

            I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

            Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • F FairHooker11

              @kosar_for_president said:

              Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

              IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

              IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

              Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

              http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

              Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

              the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

              very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

              He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

              what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

              Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
              • 6k Posts
              • 221 Reputation
              Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @fairhooker11 said:

              the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

              Awesome point. My sister a boarder line feminist and only sees the reason why males objectify women and not how it was created, and NEVER offers a solution.

              I really wish more people would comment on this.

              Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • N nunboy

                @fairhooker11 said:

                Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

                the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

                very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

                He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

                what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

                Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

                I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

                Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                • 6k Posts
                • 221 Reputation
                Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
                #7

                @nunboy said:

                Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

                I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

                He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

                Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                N 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                  @nunboy said:

                  Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

                  I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

                  He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

                  nunboy N
                  • 305 Posts
                  • 21 Reputation
                  N nunboy wrote on last edited by nunboy
                  #8

                  @kosar_for_president said:

                  He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

                  I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

                  We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

                  Just my view on it though.

                  T 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • N nunboy

                    @kosar_for_president said:

                    He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

                    I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

                    We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

                    Just my view on it though.

                    The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 15k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @nunboy said:

                    I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

                    We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

                    Just my view on it though.

                    I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

                    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                    N DieHardBrownsFanD 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • T The Cysko Kid

                      @nunboy said:

                      I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

                      We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

                      Just my view on it though.

                      I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

                      nunboy N
                      • 305 Posts
                      • 21 Reputation
                      N nunboy wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @the-cysko-kid said:

                      I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

                      I am definitely speaking in generalities here. My kid very clearly knows what is right and wrong and knows that I will enforce it. And I know plenty that do discipline their children, but I also see a lot of people who fall into that other category.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • T The Cysko Kid

                        @nunboy said:

                        I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

                        We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

                        Just my view on it though.

                        I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

                        DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                        • 28k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @the-cysko-kid said:

                        I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

                        So your parents were boomers no doubt.

                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                        T 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                          @the-cysko-kid said:

                          I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

                          So your parents were boomers no doubt.

                          The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                          • 15k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @diehardbrownsfan said:

                          So your parents were boomers no doubt.

                          Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

                          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                          F DieHardBrownsFanD 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • BadNewsBrowns BadNewsBrownsB
                            • 1k Posts
                            • 97 Reputation
                            BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by BadNewsBrowns
                            #13

                            Political Correctness is the Communism of the 21st Century. In theory it's a good thing, but it's manipulated and corrupted to rot society at it's core.

                            Props to Billy Corgan for surviving 20+ years with which appears to be terminal cancer.

                            "All Truth Passes Through Three stages. First, It Is Ridiculed, Second It Is Violently Opposed, And Third, It Is Accepted As Self-Evident" ~Arthur Schopenhauer
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              think of this...

                              we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

                              and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

                              if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

                              in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

                              by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

                              But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

                              with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

                              learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

                              are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

                              N 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • T The Cysko Kid

                                @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                So your parents were boomers no doubt.

                                Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

                                FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @the-cysko-kid said:

                                Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

                                I couldnt agree with you more....

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • T The Cysko Kid

                                  @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                  So your parents were boomers no doubt.

                                  Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

                                  DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                  • 28k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @the-cysko-kid said:

                                  Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

                                  Having parents living together who hate each other and fight all the time not too good either.

                                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • F FairHooker11

                                    think of this...

                                    we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

                                    and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

                                    if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

                                    in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

                                    by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

                                    But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

                                    with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

                                    learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

                                    are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

                                    nunboy N
                                    • 305 Posts
                                    • 21 Reputation
                                    N nunboy wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @fairhooker11 said:

                                    think of this...

                                    we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

                                    and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

                                    if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

                                    in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

                                    by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

                                    But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

                                    with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

                                    learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

                                    are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

                                    meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

                                    I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

                                    Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

                                    A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

                                    Kosar_For_PresidentK F 2 Replies Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • N nunboy

                                      @fairhooker11 said:

                                      think of this...

                                      we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

                                      and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

                                      if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

                                      in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

                                      by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

                                      But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

                                      with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

                                      learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

                                      are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

                                      meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

                                      I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

                                      Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

                                      A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

                                      Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                      • 6k Posts
                                      • 221 Reputation
                                      Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @nunboy said:

                                      meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

                                      I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

                                      Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

                                      A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

                                      We have a lot in common dude.

                                      But I think we are getting off track. Corgan is discussing how to change this. That is what I was hoping to discuss. Not really discussion the facts when we were young because quite honestly, it doesn't apply today.

                                      Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                      F N 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • N nunboy

                                        @fairhooker11 said:

                                        think of this...

                                        we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

                                        and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

                                        if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

                                        in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

                                        by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

                                        But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

                                        with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

                                        learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

                                        are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

                                        meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

                                        I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

                                        Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

                                        A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

                                        FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 4k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @nunboy said:

                                        meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

                                        I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

                                        Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

                                        A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

                                        I am NOT making a value judgement on anybody - and for the most part, I remember the same cartoons....

                                        what I am saying is the bombarding of messages in popular culture that can capture a young mind into a lifestyle that they may not be ready to

                                        deal with... like having sex and worse-getting pregnant- because my concern is for my two daughters-

                                        I really dont appreciate Lady GaGa or that cartoon Nicki Minaj having any influence on them-

                                        but they do.. why? because I let them listen to their music (groan) and give them the leeway to figure it out for themselves..

                                        all the while giving them the instruction and discpline that any good parent will do for their kids. along with forgiving them & loving them when it seems impossible to do!

                                        like your mom and grandma did for you.

                                        N Kosar_For_PresidentK 2 Replies Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President

                                          @nunboy said:

                                          meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

                                          I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

                                          Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

                                          A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

                                          We have a lot in common dude.

                                          But I think we are getting off track. Corgan is discussing how to change this. That is what I was hoping to discuss. Not really discussion the facts when we were young because quite honestly, it doesn't apply today.

                                          FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                          • 4k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @kosar_for_president said:

                                          We have a lot in common dude.

                                          But I think we are getting off track. Corgan is discussing how to change this. That is what I was hoping to discuss. Not really discussion the facts when we were young because quite honestly, it doesn't apply today.

                                          sorry, I think it was me?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate