Skip to content

Must Watch

Political Discussion
41 9 1.5k
  • Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

    IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

    IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

    Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

    http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

  • Interesting.

    A lot of points, especially as to the role of television in portrayed the family, or non family, unit.

    That one's pretty easy to figure out, follow the money.

    Look at the target audience and then check to see what commercials are running.

    For example, the news cable networks run ads for automobiles, business lodging, investment firms and medical devices.

    Daily Show Colbert Report Saturday Night Live? Rubbers and video games.

    Judge shows in the afternoon?

    Personal injury law firms.

    Most afternoon programming is aimed toward unwed mothers staying at home watching TV.

    There are a lot of ads for continuing education and trade schools.

    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the man's points, just saying it's probably more financially oriented than societal.

    As far as the fear mongering, well that's how Jones makes his living.

    Still, bottom line, if we never heard any of these conspiracies we wouldn't bother thinking about them.

    Frankly transparency in the dark shadows of government doesn't really mean much to our daily lives.

    I spend precious little time freaking over the Bilderbergs or the Tri lateral commision or the Illuminati or the Free Masons.

    What's your take?

    WSS

  • Interesting.

    A lot of points, especially as to the role of television in portrayed the family, or non family, unit.

    That one's pretty easy to figure out, follow the money.

    Look at the target audience and then check to see what commercials are running.

    For example, the news cable networks run ads for automobiles, business lodging, investment firms and medical devices.

    Daily Show Colbert Report Saturday Night Live? Rubbers and video games.

    Judge shows in the afternoon?

    Personal injury law firms.

    Most afternoon programming is aimed toward unwed mothers staying at home watching TV.

    There are a lot of ads for continuing education and trade schools.

    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the man's points, just saying it's probably more financially oriented than societal.

    As far as the fear mongering, well that's how Jones makes his living.

    Still, bottom line, if we never heard any of these conspiracies we wouldn't bother thinking about them.

    Frankly transparency in the dark shadows of government doesn't really mean much to our daily lives.

    I spend precious little time freaking over the Bilderbergs or the Tri lateral commision or the Illuminati or the Free Masons.

    What's your take?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Interesting.

    A lot of points, especially as to the role of television in portrayed the family, or non family, unit.

    That one's pretty easy to figure out, follow the money.

    Look at the target audience and then check to see what commercials are running.

    For example, the news cable networks run ads for automobiles, business lodging, investment firms and medical devices.

    Daily Show Colbert Report Saturday Night Live? Rubbers and video games.

    Judge shows in the afternoon?

    Personal injury law firms.

    Most afternoon programming is aimed toward unwed mothers staying at home watching TV.

    There are a lot of ads for continuing education and trade schools.

    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the man's points, just saying it's probably more financially oriented than societal.

    As far as the fear mongering, well that's how Jones makes his living.

    Still, bottom line, if we never heard any of these conspiracies we wouldn't bother thinking about them.

    Frankly transparency in the dark shadows of government doesn't really mean much to our daily lives.

    I spend precious little time freaking over the Bilderbergs or the Tri lateral commision or the Illuminati or the Free Masons.

    What's your take?

    WSS

    Steve some good points here. It really is about the money, but I have to disagree it is society (that is driven by money). What I took from this is Corgan is using Jones as a soap box telling him and in turn all news agencies can change the actual information that is fucking society up. It's actually quite genius if you ask me, who else will listen to this view. Can you imagine Corgan sitting down with Matt Lauer talking about this? Alex Jones could barely keep up.

    This really is some good stuff and offers solutions vs whining about not being able to hand out flyers downtown.

  • Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

    IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

    IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

    Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

    http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

    IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

    IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

    Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

    http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

    Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

    the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

    very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

    He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

    what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

    IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

    IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

    Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

    http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

    Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

    the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

    very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

    He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

    what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

    @fairhooker11 said:

    Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

    the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

    very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

    He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

    what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

    Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

    I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Hey guys. This is a MUST watch. I am generally an Alex Jones non-believer, 97% of the time, although many of his facts are intriguing. This video actually shows what a loud mouth, blow hard he is. Billy Corgan repeatedly and nicely said in the effect of "shut the fuck up and think for a second, you could change how people view what the government is doing and finally care about what they are doing to the American people if you would take another approach."

    IMO Corgan's view could be spot on.

    IMO could be some of the explanation of the rash shootings (and mental heath issues) but take TJ Lane for example, a spiritual void with no assemblance of community other than himself.

    Guys, I really think this could be one of the more important conversations we have had here. And also for the fact this effects both sides of the marketing juggernaut called the American political system.

    http://www.infowars.com/billy-corgan-total-paradigm-shift/

    Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

    the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

    very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

    He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

    what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

    @fairhooker11 said:

    the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

    Awesome point. My sister a boarder line feminist and only sees the reason why males objectify women and not how it was created, and NEVER offers a solution.

    I really wish more people would comment on this.

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    Corgan mentioned the breakdown of the family as portrayed on television over the years as apoint of reference..

    the dumbing down of the role of the father in the household as another....

    very good points to those of us who do believe there is no redeeming value in watching tv. let alone state run news organizations...

    He mentions lack of spirituality without going far enough to say that it is / was the result of widescale rejection of faith & belief systems.

    what Once was good and wholesome is now demonized to be wrong and useless..... jmho

    Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

    I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

    @nunboy said:

    Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

    I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

    He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

  • @nunboy said:

    Just because I am an atheist does mean I cannot distinguish good from bad. It is nothing more than an excuse for some to behave in a selfish manor.

    I would pose that our society which is on the border of child worship is a larger cause of recent problems than anything. Little Johnny and Susy are unable to do wrong in the eyes of their parents and they have no repercussions for their wrongdoing and that is the founding mindset of these children as they become adults.

    He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

    @kosar_for_president said:

    He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

    I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

    We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

    Just my view on it though.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    He is not specifically pertaining to God, he is saying an spirituality as a whole. I believe in God, but do not need religion to be a good person. With that said, he is also talking about spiritual sources, in Indian culture stories themselves are spiritual beings (than again so it peyote).

    I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

    We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

    Just my view on it though.

    @nunboy said:

    I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

    We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

    Just my view on it though.

    I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

  • @nunboy said:

    I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

    We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

    Just my view on it though.

    I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

    I am definitely speaking in generalities here. My kid very clearly knows what is right and wrong and knows that I will enforce it. And I know plenty that do discipline their children, but I also see a lot of people who fall into that other category.

  • @nunboy said:

    I am not spiritual either, but I can still very easily distinguish right from wrong. It's pretty easy. I just think that the mindset of my child can do no wrong is more the driving force of a larger selfishness problem. They have never been told that they are wrong when they run around in a restaurant creating chaos for everyone around them. or never been told no when they wanted something. or existing without rules because "think of the children" or trying to correct some perceived wrong of their own parents(like being told no). Parents people have fallen into the trap of being their child's friend, and putting their child on a pedestal.

    We are raising children that have no concept of how to behave like adults, and live in the real world.

    Just my view on it though.

    I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

    So your parents were boomers no doubt.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd put that mainly on the boomers to be honest. And also to be fair, not all people raise their kids like that. I don't allow my kids to create chaos because frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't like when they scream. Screaming is for if someone's trying to abduct your. I will agree that many parents can't differentiate bring stern enough to keep their kids under control, and child abuse you have to worry that some new age asshole is going to call child services on you if your kid has a fit and you drag his ass outside by the arm.

    So your parents were boomers no doubt.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So your parents were boomers no doubt.

    Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

  • Political Correctness is the Communism of the 21st Century. In theory it's a good thing, but it's manipulated and corrupted to rot society at it's core.

    Props to Billy Corgan for surviving 20+ years with which appears to be terminal cancer.

  • think of this...

    we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

    and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

    if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

    in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

    by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

    But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

    with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

    learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

    are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So your parents were boomers no doubt.

    Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

    I couldnt agree with you more....

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    So your parents were boomers no doubt.

    Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Baby boomers are the first generation I know of where divorces were just as commonplace as marriages. If that's not destructive to the family unit I don't know what is.

    Having parents living together who hate each other and fight all the time not too good either.

  • think of this...

    we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

    and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

    if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

    in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

    by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

    But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

    with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

    learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

    are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

    @fairhooker11 said:

    think of this...

    we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

    and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

    if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

    in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

    by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

    But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

    with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

    learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

    are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

    meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

    I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

    Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

    A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    think of this...

    we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

    and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

    if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

    in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

    by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

    But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

    with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

    learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

    are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

    meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

    I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

    Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

    A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

    @nunboy said:

    meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

    I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

    Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

    A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

    We have a lot in common dude.

    But I think we are getting off track. Corgan is discussing how to change this. That is what I was hoping to discuss. Not really discussion the facts when we were young because quite honestly, it doesn't apply today.

  • @fairhooker11 said:

    think of this...

    we all came from a household - home sometime in our lives,

    and hopefully for most of us the "growing up" period was without a crisis of some sort?

    if you are currently raising kids, or have, the goal is the well being of that kid right?

    in todays world, there are many schools of thought driven by what we learn at home-

    by parents, by siblings, and are shared as a community.

    But with tv and popular culture - kids are left with impressions of what is told or sold to them...

    with the absence of a father figure at home, is it any wonder that there are alot of kids growing up

    learning from what they see and hear apart from a nurturing home? is it good stuff?

    are they angry? sadly I say yes they are - and even acting out the stuff they learn....

    meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

    I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

    Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

    A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

    @nunboy said:

    meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

    I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

    Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

    A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

    I am NOT making a value judgement on anybody - and for the most part, I remember the same cartoons....

    what I am saying is the bombarding of messages in popular culture that can capture a young mind into a lifestyle that they may not be ready to

    deal with... like having sex and worse-getting pregnant- because my concern is for my two daughters-

    I really dont appreciate Lady GaGa or that cartoon Nicki Minaj having any influence on them-

    but they do.. why? because I let them listen to their music (groan) and give them the leeway to figure it out for themselves..

    all the while giving them the instruction and discpline that any good parent will do for their kids. along with forgiving them & loving them when it seems impossible to do!

    like your mom and grandma did for you.

  • @nunboy said:

    meh I really cannot agree. My mother was single for a good portion of my life, and I watched Bugs bunny cross dress and kiss men. Yet I do neither.

    I watched Tom and Jerry basically kill each other with violence. Yet I am not violent.

    Yes having a good family unit is nice but there is more to it then that. I was was raised in a broken home yet I know exactly how a good home operates. My mother raised me to be a responsible person and made sure that me and my brothers understood right from wrong.

    A good strong father figure is nice but it is not essential. My grandfather died at a young age when he was hit by a car but my parents family came out as decent people, because my Grandmother made it a point that she had decent children.

    We have a lot in common dude.

    But I think we are getting off track. Corgan is discussing how to change this. That is what I was hoping to discuss. Not really discussion the facts when we were young because quite honestly, it doesn't apply today.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    We have a lot in common dude.

    But I think we are getting off track. Corgan is discussing how to change this. That is what I was hoping to discuss. Not really discussion the facts when we were young because quite honestly, it doesn't apply today.

    sorry, I think it was me?