Question For Offense
-
So if the 6 pick is offense I'm gonna go with Corderrelle Patterson from Tennessee. I like de'andre hopkins from Clemson and Justin hunter from Tennessee too.
-
I get where you're coming from, I just don't know who that guy is. There just isn't an offensive guy out there. There's no running backs to speak of. No one is really all that excited about the QB's other than Smith and he's not getting the same excitement that any of the first rounders last year were getting at this same time.
I get where you're coming from, I just don't know who that guy is. There just isn't an offensive guy out there. There's no running backs to speak of. No one is really all that excited about the QB's other than Smith and he's not getting the same excitement that any of the first rounders last year were getting at this same time.
True, but in the draft there are always picks made that come completely out of left field.
And just for the record, I would prefer trade back some to get any of the offensive players I've mentioned rather than at #6. I just initially laid it out that way to make it easier.
-
Tyler Eifert would make a great addition too. Eifert and Cameron would definitely cause some match up problems.
-
I'm no draft expert, but from what I've heard and read I don't think theres a guy at #6 that fits your description.
It's a defense heavy draft at the top and everything else I've heard is that there's really no difference between the guy who is picked #5 and the guy picked #25.
I'm no draft expert, but from what I've heard and read I don't think theres a guy at #6 that fits your description.
It's a defense heavy draft at the top and everything else I've heard is that there's really no difference between the guy who is picked #5 and the guy picked #25.
None of us are draft experts, though it seems that among the so called experts certain people seem to do well...and others not so well. E.g: Honestly, by the record, I would much rather have Ozzie Newsome doing the picking for me than Mike Lombardi.
By the way....but are you gonna sign on for a team?
-
If they wanted to go offense they would most likely trade back, regardless of how far, in order to pick up more picks. As others have said, there is not much of a difference between the 5th and 25th pick in this draft, and that is especially true for the offensive talent. I don't see much difference between the top 4 WR (minus Austin from WVU who is short and quick while the others are tall and fast). If offense was our name, trade back to 20 is our game.
-
If we are going offence in the draft . The idea of trading back the 6th along with moving up the 68 pick ,works for me . Two wr are at the low 1st and mid to high second . Along with a huge amount of Wrs after the 1st .
How far would the Browns be willing to trade down . I'm thinking no more then 5 spots . At the other end the 68th should be moved up to mid Thirties .
Off coarse a trade would change that , added value .
Here's a chart This scenario was common in 2009 and 2010. It happened 30 times in the first four rounds. A team was willing to move down 9 slots on average. The ‘relative value’ below is the net gain in the order of all compensatory picks. So for example, New England moved back 2 places in round 1 in 2010 and gained an additional pick that was 143 slots from the end of the draft. If a team traded 2 picks for 2 picks, then I subtracted all the relative orders to get a net ‘relative value’ for the trade:
Value
per slot moved back Change in draft order Relative value Team moving down
72 -2 143 CHI
72 -2 143 NE
35 -3 106 NE
34 -3 103 OAK
33 -2 66 OAK
33 -4 131 PHI
33 -2 65 CLE
31 -3 94 NE
27 -7 189 OAK
19 -12 232 PHI
19 -12 224 SF
19 -4 74 MIN
18 -5 91 MIA
17 -15 262 NE
17 -12 204 CLE
15 -6 92 PHI
15 -11 167 NE
15 -11 163 HOU
13 -11 141 DET
13 -18 228 BAL
12 -9 112 HOU
11 -7 77 CAL
10 -3 29 NE
9 -15 134 PHI
8 -19 151 CHI
8 -7 55 AZ
6 -24 146 DAL
5 -12 58 CAR
4 -14 57 BAL
3 -15 48 PIT
The value also in not reflective of of the actual spot . We in Cleveland know the #1 spot 2 and 3 are risky and team needs must be considered .
-
Marcus Lattimore is a top 20 talent who's gonna go late in the draft due to a knee injury last year. If we can get him late, let him fully recover and come back in 2014 100% we can have the best one two punch in the game
-
I'd say the player that would make the biggest impact and still represent anything approaching value would be Chance Warmack at number 6. I'd still be annoyed if that did happen though - if we're going offense, as Harry says, trade back some distance.
-
I'd say the player that would make the biggest impact and still represent anything approaching value would be Chance Warmack at number 6. I'd still be annoyed if that did happen though - if we're going offense, as Harry says, trade back some distance.
I'd say the player that would make the biggest impact and still represent anything approaching value would be Chance Warmack at number 6. I'd still be annoyed if that did happen though - if we're going offense, as Harry says, trade back some distance.
What is this O Line talk. As a group this is a top 10, O line in the NFL, at least at the end of the season.
-
I'd say the player that would make the biggest impact and still represent anything approaching value would be Chance Warmack at number 6. I'd still be annoyed if that did happen though - if we're going offense, as Harry says, trade back some distance.
What is this O Line talk. As a group this is a top 10, O line in the NFL, at least at the end of the season.
What is this O Line talk. As a group this is a top 10, O line in the NFL, at least at the end of the season.
In pass protection it's arguably the best, or at least top 3. In run blocking though it's not on the same level.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login