My Draft Hopes
-
Vapor, Yeah! I'd love to see Warmack on our line! I just figure that with the holes on the Defensive side at CB and FS that getting a great player there would help to keep our Offense on field more. It seems that team typically score quickly from lack of a few defensive players and then we tend to get behind in the game and abandon our running game to early. Adding Vacarro back there would help us stop the big plays and quick scores I think.
But yes, I would love to add Warmack to that already stout line. It would be intimidating no doubt! π₯·
-
I'd be very happy to see Warmack, but I'm not sure it's the most pressing need. I'm all in favour of identifying your needs, then trading back to be in a position to pick that player up at the time they become BPA. So maybe talk to St Luois about both of their first rounders, take Warmack at 16 and Rhodes/Trufant at 22. Obviously, that's assuming that they are interested in moving up, which they won't because they want Austin - but only at a point where he's BPA.
-
Vapor, Yeah! I'd love to see Warmack on our line! I just figure that with the holes on the Defensive side at CB and FS that getting a great player there would help to keep our Offense on field more. It seems that team typically score quickly from lack of a few defensive players and then we tend to get behind in the game and abandon our running game to early. Adding Vacarro back there would help us stop the big plays and quick scores I think.
But yes, I would love to add Warmack to that already stout line. It would be intimidating no doubt! π₯·
Vapor, Yeah! I'd love to see Warmack on our line! I just figure that with the holes on the Defensive side at CB and FS that getting a great player there would help to keep our Offense on field more. It seems that team typically score quickly from lack of a few defensive players and then we tend to get behind in the game and abandon our running game to early. Adding Vacarro back there would help us stop the big plays and quick scores I think.
But yes, I would love to add Warmack to that already stout line. It would be intimidating no doubt! π₯·
Should the Browns trade down, Warmack becomes a very viable option. Best interior OL to come along in years- bust potential is about zero on top of it. As I've been preaching to you- #6 is too high for Chance, but trading back say 5-10 spots, it's another story.
-
Vapor, Yeah! I'd love to see Warmack on our line! I just figure that with the holes on the Defensive side at CB and FS that getting a great player there would help to keep our Offense on field more. It seems that team typically score quickly from lack of a few defensive players and then we tend to get behind in the game and abandon our running game to early. Adding Vacarro back there would help us stop the big plays and quick scores I think.
But yes, I would love to add Warmack to that already stout line. It would be intimidating no doubt! π₯·
Should the Browns trade down, Warmack becomes a very viable option. Best interior OL to come along in years- bust potential is about zero on top of it. As I've been preaching to you- #6 is too high for Chance, but trading back say 5-10 spots, it's another story.
Should the Browns trade down, Warmack becomes a very viable option. Best interior OL to come along in years- bust potential is about zero on top of it. As I've been preaching to you- #6 is too high for Chance, but trading back say 5-10 spots, it's another story.
We have an agreement. Huzzah!
-
If we trade down and stay in the teens, I think we have to look at Jarvis Jones, if he is there. This guys is supposed to be the most talented player in the draft but injuries (that he has been cleared from) and lack of work ethic (which is simply media pseudo-scout report) have caused him to drop. If we could get a 2nd and still get Jones, that would be great.
2nd round we could get a guy like D.J. Hayden, Jamar Taylor, or Jonathan Banks at CB, or even Jonathan Cyprien or Matt Elam to play S... lots of options in round 2 for DB help.
3rd round also looks to have solid DB depth with D.J. Swearinger, Phillip Thomas, or Bacarri Rambo at S or Darius Slay, Jordan Poyer, or even David Amerson at CB
That would be 3 starters on Defense locked in. Ideally, 1- Jones, 2 - Jamar Taylor, 3 - Swearinger
We could use rounds 4-7 to add depth to the o-line, TE, and WR positions and just take BPA.
Later picks like G's - Brian Winters, or Earl Watford could pan out. TE's - Vance McDonald or Nick Kasa, WR's - Jasper Collins or Josh Boyce as well as guys like Zach Line FB, AJ Klein ILB, or Michael Mauti ILB.
I typically watch more film before each draft (it's kind of a nasty habit) but these guys I have seen and are impressive. But who knows, my mind might change by this afternoon...
Excited for Thursday!!
-
if we do get lucky enough and someone wants to do a trade down with us i would definitely think about warmack. the problem is the drop off from millner to the next best corner is huge. i agree with the safety. i think this draft is loaded full of talented safeties AND LBs so they could be found in the later rounds.
i mean warmack might finally make the browns' offense whole. as i've said in other posts that OL is the only pick i would make on the offensive side of the ball, but not in the first round.
anyone that looks at this team knows that our defensive backfield is what we need to address, either at 6 or wherever we might land. sure i'd love warmack but we got to get a corner number one and a safety number two. then i'd pick up the best OL left and from there best player available.
-
if we do get lucky enough and someone wants to do a trade down with us i would definitely think about warmack. the problem is the drop off from millner to the next best corner is huge. i agree with the safety. i think this draft is loaded full of talented safeties AND LBs so they could be found in the later rounds.
i mean warmack might finally make the browns' offense whole. as i've said in other posts that OL is the only pick i would make on the offensive side of the ball, but not in the first round.
anyone that looks at this team knows that our defensive backfield is what we need to address, either at 6 or wherever we might land. sure i'd love warmack but we got to get a corner number one and a safety number two. then i'd pick up the best OL left and from there best player available.
if we do get lucky enough and someone wants to do a trade down with us i would definitely think about warmack. the problem is the drop off from millner to the next best corner is huge. i agree with the safety. i think this draft is loaded full of talented safeties AND LBs so they could be found in the later rounds.
i mean warmack might finally make the browns' offense whole. as i've said in other posts that OL is the only pick i would make on the offensive side of the ball, but not in the first round.
anyone that looks at this team knows that our defensive backfield is what we need to address, either at 6 or wherever we might land. sure i'd love warmack but we got to get a corner number one and a safety number two. then i'd pick up the best OL left and from there best player available.
The draft is indeed loaded with OLB and CB (not safeties) which is another reason why Miliner should NOT be the pick at 6. See this list of the depth at these positions. Another concern with Miliner is all of the injuries that he has had. He has had 5 surgeries. Often injured makes him a scary pick at #6.
-
This would be ideal for me
Chargers Trade 11 and 45 for 6 and 139
11) Chance Warmack, LG, Alabama --- Solidify the line. Definitely a Top 5 Unit in the league with Warmack.
45) Eric Reid, FS, LSU --- Would step in opposite of Ward and provide an excellent compliment.
68) Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon --- A unique talent who could be moved all over. Alonso is good at disruption into the pocket, as well as, pass coverage.
104) B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary --- Good speed and athleticism for the position. Will probably drop in draft due to competition level and his lack of man coverage (backpedal).
164) Denard Robinson, RB/WR, Michigan --- Another athlete to pick up to move around and create mismatches. Have Denard and Benjamin split return duties and give Robinson three to four designed offensive touches a game.
175) Lerentee McCray, OLB, Florida --- A good developmental OLB. He provides all-around ability to compliment the rushing ability of Shear/Kruger.227) Quinton Dial, DE, Alabama --- A good depth guy; probably would spend a year on the practice squad.
-
if we do get lucky enough and someone wants to do a trade down with us i would definitely think about warmack. the problem is the drop off from millner to the next best corner is huge. i agree with the safety. i think this draft is loaded full of talented safeties AND LBs so they could be found in the later rounds.
i mean warmack might finally make the browns' offense whole. as i've said in other posts that OL is the only pick i would make on the offensive side of the ball, but not in the first round.
anyone that looks at this team knows that our defensive backfield is what we need to address, either at 6 or wherever we might land. sure i'd love warmack but we got to get a corner number one and a safety number two. then i'd pick up the best OL left and from there best player available.
The draft is indeed loaded with OLB and CB (not safeties) which is another reason why Miliner should NOT be the pick at 6. See this list of the depth at these positions. Another concern with Miliner is all of the injuries that he has had. He has had 5 surgeries. Often injured makes him a scary pick at #6.
The draft is indeed loaded with OLB and CB (not safeties) which is another reason why Miliner should NOT be the pick at 6. See this list of the depth at these positions. Another concern with Miliner is all of the injuries that he has had. He has had 5 surgeries. Often injured makes him a scary pick at #6.
yeah he had 5 surgeries and missed what 2 games in his career? millner is the pick at 6 unless we trade down and warmack or hughes would be our pick then.
OL are going to fly off the board along with CBs and safeties.
can you really deny that our backfield is not the most important choices we have to make?
-
I would love to add:
Jarvis Jones
Ziggy Ansah
Chance Warmack
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Manti Teo
Xavier Rhodes
Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert
Matt Elam
Desmond Trufant
Alec Ogletree
Kenny Vaccaro
...any of these will do nicely!

I would love to add:
Jarvis Jones
Ziggy Ansah
Chance Warmack
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Manti Teo
Xavier Rhodes
Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert
Matt Elam
Desmond Trufant
Alec Ogletree
Kenny Vaccaro
...any of these will do nicely!

These are all the household names, if you will, in the draft.
I feel many will view it a "disappointing" pick if the name called is completely off the map.
-
I would love to add:
Jarvis Jones
Ziggy Ansah
Chance Warmack
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Manti Teo
Xavier Rhodes
Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert
Matt Elam
Desmond Trufant
Alec Ogletree
Kenny Vaccaro
...any of these will do nicely!

I would love to add:
Jarvis Jones
Ziggy Ansah
Chance Warmack
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Manti Teo
Xavier Rhodes
Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert
Matt Elam
Desmond Trufant
Alec Ogletree
Kenny Vaccaro
...any of these will do nicely!

Not a Teo fan, and it's extremely doubtful the Browns are interested in him.
-
I would love to add:
Jarvis Jones
Ziggy Ansah
Chance Warmack
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Manti Teo
Xavier Rhodes
Tavon Austin
Tyler Eifert
Matt Elam
Desmond Trufant
Alec Ogletree
Kenny Vaccaro
...any of these will do nicely!

Not a Teo fan, and it's extremely doubtful the Browns are interested in him.
Not a Teo fan, and it's extremely doubtful the Browns are interested in him.
well at least we know who the first nfl player to come out of the closet publicly will be. probably end up in NE, where beliichik can just mumble throw all jis answers when asked about how it is have a bone smuggler in the locker room.
-
The draft is indeed loaded with OLB and CB (not safeties) which is another reason why Miliner should NOT be the pick at 6. See this list of the depth at these positions. Another concern with Miliner is all of the injuries that he has had. He has had 5 surgeries. Often injured makes him a scary pick at #6.
yeah he had 5 surgeries and missed what 2 games in his career? millner is the pick at 6 unless we trade down and warmack or hughes would be our pick then.
OL are going to fly off the board along with CBs and safeties.
can you really deny that our backfield is not the most important choices we have to make?
yeah he had 5 surgeries and missed what 2 games in his career? millner is the pick at 6 unless we trade down and warmack or hughes would be our pick then.
OL are going to fly off the board along with CBs and safeties.
can you really deny that our backfield is not the most important choices we have to make?
Our backfield is TERRIBLE but I really don't think we need to address it at 6 in order to find a good CB. With a better defensive scheme bringing more pressure our CB play will already seem better, and there are plenty of guys in his draft who can be had in the second or even third round. I would take BPA and that isn't Miliner if we are picking at 6.
-
Would it be a reach on Vaccaro taking him at 6 if he's going to be an Elite FS for the next 10 years?
Which in your opinion is more important. A #2 CB or a #1 FS? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm actually serious.
It would be Ideal to trade down slightly and pick up second rounder and use that one on a Cornerback if he's going to be the number two right?
I would love to have 2 Elite Cornerbacks out there every game. I'm concerned though that I don't think we have a FS on the roster that would start on many other teams... Would Vaccaro be that guy? Is he that good?
-
This is a sportscience episode featuring Kenny Vaccaro, I think that he would be sick as a free safety, as they are saying he scored in the 90th precentile along with Joe Haden. That would make our secondary pretty awesome. I think that picking KV would be a bigger boost than adding a CB, right?
The only thing that scares me is that he looks so relaxed and effortless while doing all this. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
-
Would it be a reach on Vaccaro taking him at 6 if he's going to be an Elite FS for the next 10 years?
Which in your opinion is more important. A #2 CB or a #1 FS? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm actually serious.
It would be Ideal to trade down slightly and pick up second rounder and use that one on a Cornerback if he's going to be the number two right?
I would love to have 2 Elite Cornerbacks out there every game. I'm concerned though that I don't think we have a FS on the roster that would start on many other teams... Would Vaccaro be that guy? Is he that good?
Would it be a reach on Vaccaro taking him at 6 if he's going to be an Elite FS for the next 10 years?
Which in your opinion is more important. A #2 CB or a #1 FS? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm actually serious.
It would be Ideal to trade down slightly and pick up second rounder and use that one on a Cornerback if he's going to be the number two right?
I would love to have 2 Elite Cornerbacks out there every game. I'm concerned though that I don't think we have a FS on the roster that would start on many other teams... Would Vaccaro be that guy? Is he that good?
I think the consensus opinion on here is that trading down a few spots, picking up a second rounder, and then addressing CB and FS with the first two picks would represent a successful bit of manoeuvring, assuming we draft the right players - something like Rhodes in the first and The best available FS in the second (as long as it's not a reach). Whether it's Reid, Vaccaro, Swearinger is not a huge issue. After all, T.J. Ward was a second rounder and is now one of the top SS in the league. I like the sounds of Haden - Ward - Swearinger - Rhodes. Equally good would be Haden - Ward - Vaccaro - Banks. Leaves us free to target BPA from round 3 onwards. Hopefully an OG, maybe pick up 'The New Josh Cribbs' in Denard Robinson, just generally see who falls and we can pick up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login