Business As Usual In Cleveland
-
Not even a game played...
God damn. Some of you bitch so much
-
After 14 yrs we don't need to c 1 game to call a duck a duck jackassNot even a game played...
God damn. Some of you bitch so much
-
like so many Cleveland football games this NFL Draft was unwatchable. we did not fill one damn need. when teams like San Francisco filled more defensive needs than we did I would call that draft a bust. For all that simply love the Mingo pick I get it. You gotta accept the picks even if u are not happy with them. If mingo is avg at best this year this class is a straight up "F"!!!!!
Last I checked Heckertt got us sure fire "STARTERS". But Banner's Ego and wisdom muddyed the waters once again here in Cleveland. This may b the worst Cleveland draft since 2008!!
Be wary in what u hope for cause most of the time the grass is not greener on the other side.
like so many Cleveland football games this NFL Draft was unwatchable. we did not fill one damn need. when teams like San Francisco filled more defensive needs than we did I would call that draft a bust. For all that simply love the Mingo pick I get it. You gotta accept the picks even if u are not happy with them. If mingo is avg at best this year this class is a straight up "F"!!!!!
Last I checked Heckertt got us sure fire "STARTERS". But Banner's Ego and wisdom muddyed the waters once again here in Cleveland. This may b the worst Cleveland draft since 2008!!
Be wary in what u hope for cause most of the time the grass is not greener on the other side.
You have to remember that Heckert had a worse team then we have now. He took over all the old fucks Mangini brought in. The players he drafted had to start, we had no other option. We couldnt land any free agents before the draft, so they had to start. Everyone of them had to get thrown into the fire, and it resulted in us having some good core players with experience. The worst thing Heckert did was Hire Shurmur, that put our team way behind with his old ass Offensive style. Heckert could have taken Tannehill or stayed with Colt another year or drafted Claiborne , who by the way is fucking head and shoulders above Dee Millner we also could have had doug martinlate in the first round . Instead he drafted a older QB, upside still to be determined. Last years draft set us back a lot more then this years draft has. We gotta live with what we have now, and hope the great coaches we hired this year can so a great job.
-
like so many Cleveland football games this NFL Draft was unwatchable. we did not fill one damn need. when teams like San Francisco filled more defensive needs than we did I would call that draft a bust. For all that simply love the Mingo pick I get it. You gotta accept the picks even if u are not happy with them. If mingo is avg at best this year this class is a straight up "F"!!!!!
Last I checked Heckertt got us sure fire "STARTERS". But Banner's Ego and wisdom muddyed the waters once again here in Cleveland. This may b the worst Cleveland draft since 2008!!
Be wary in what u hope for cause most of the time the grass is not greener on the other side.
You have to remember that Heckert had a worse team then we have now. He took over all the old fucks Mangini brought in. The players he drafted had to start, we had no other option. We couldnt land any free agents before the draft, so they had to start. Everyone of them had to get thrown into the fire, and it resulted in us having some good core players with experience. The worst thing Heckert did was Hire Shurmur, that put our team way behind with his old ass Offensive style. Heckert could have taken Tannehill or stayed with Colt another year or drafted Claiborne , who by the way is fucking head and shoulders above Dee Millner we also could have had doug martinlate in the first round . Instead he drafted a older QB, upside still to be determined. Last years draft set us back a lot more then this years draft has. We gotta live with what we have now, and hope the great coaches we hired this year can so a great job.
yea I almost bet HECKERTT walked into Holgrens office and said shurmur in 2011 and Brandon Weeden in 2012 ill put MY JOB ON IT!!!!!. The only two desisions I bet hr didn't have input on because lets face it they are the two biggest disicions on the last regiemYou have to remember that Heckert had a worse team then we have now. He took over all the old fucks Mangini brought in. The players he drafted had to start, we had no other option. We couldnt land any free agents before the draft, so they had to start. Everyone of them had to get thrown into the fire, and it resulted in us having some good core players with experience. The worst thing Heckert did was Hire Shurmur, that put our team way behind with his old ass Offensive style. Heckert could have taken Tannehill or stayed with Colt another year or drafted Claiborne , who by the way is fucking head and shoulders above Dee Millner we also could have had doug martinlate in the first round . Instead he drafted a older QB, upside still to be determined. Last years draft set us back a lot more then this years draft has. We gotta live with what we have now, and hope the great coaches we hired this year can so a great job.
-
This could potentially be a great draft, but there's alot of questions with health, ability to change position, and small school prospects. But the players we drafted have all the ability they need to be successful. Hopefully they can get over those hurdles and will be.
-
This could potentially be a great draft, but there's alot of questions with health, ability to change position, and small school prospects. But the players we drafted have all the ability they need to be successful. Hopefully they can get over those hurdles and will be.
I will give u that but u can say that about every draft ......ever. I will go with gota give em a chance but on paper I wouldn't bet on itThis could potentially be a great draft, but there's alot of questions with health, ability to change position, and small school prospects. But the players we drafted have all the ability they need to be successful. Hopefully they can get over those hurdles and will be.
-
well it will be a hybrid 3-4 .. 4-3 .. depending on what Horton wants per game plan. Different players to plug n' play.
and really when you watch the d line up.. you see a lot of formations that look one way and break to another - its just scheming.
I was against going 3-4 because of the fail the time Crennel / Tucker and Mangini / Ryan ran it.
so Chud / Horton? we'll see... talk is just talk.... D better show up and shut down O's on Sunday this fall imo...
-
I actually admire die hard fans ability to spin anything. RESPECT FOR REAL THO AND ILL C U ON SUNDAY LIKE ALWAYS. LIKE I GOT A CHOICE@mike-h said:
CDL... this team has so many young players. They're trying to cultivate youth into talent, not keep giving up on players. Rookies, especially mid-to-late rounders are not, for the most part, going to come in and make a big difference right away. They opted to give their players another season to show development (like Weeden, Gipson, Robertson, Pinkston) rather than draft replacements for them.
Personally, I think that says more about Banner's faith in Tom Heckert (who drafted those players) than it does about Banner.
It's a smart move. Just wait and see, that's all we can do.
-
@mike-h said:
CDL... this team has so many young players. They're trying to cultivate youth into talent, not keep giving up on players. Rookies, especially mid-to-late rounders are not, for the most part, going to come in and make a big difference right away. They opted to give their players another season to show development (like Weeden, Gipson, Robertson, Pinkston) rather than draft replacements for them.
Personally, I think that says more about Banner's faith in Tom Heckert (who drafted those players) than it does about Banner.
It's a smart move. Just wait and see, that's all we can do.
By far the most agreeable comment of the day.
-
Bitches gonnna bitch.
-
Mingo and Gordon alone make this draft good to me. Gordon appears to be a true #1 and Mingo has the potential to be a dominant player.
I think some people forget that our 2nd picks is technically Josh Gordon. Not too bad with just those two right there.
-
Barkevious Mingo - A physical Freak of Nature.
Lee McFadden - I'd prefer they had taken Tyrann Mathieu here... fingers crossed, I hope he can fill the gigantic hole at CB#2. It seems McFadden would have been available in round 4 where they could have taken him there giving us "the badger" in three, he went the very next pick to Arizona.
Jamoris Slaughter - said he's still recovering from the injury but is expected to be ready by the start of training camp. He was surprised to be drafted. I feel we could have taken Rambo here or Rambo in 5.
This draft would have been much better, to me, if it went :
Mingo
Gordon
Mathieu
McFadden
Rambo
then the small school guys. It seems like being this FO's first draft they tended to panic and draft a little too early. Hopefully they break this trend next year and learn from this draft.
-
Mingo and Gordon alone make this draft good to me. Gordon appears to be a true #1 and Mingo has the potential to be a dominant player.
I think some people forget that our 2nd picks is technically Josh Gordon. Not too bad with just those two right there.
Mingo and Gordon alone make this draft good to me. Gordon appears to be a true #1 and Mingo has the potential to be a dominant player.
I think some people forget that our 2nd picks is technically Josh Gordon. Not too bad with just those two right there.
I understand that but this FO had nothing to do with Gordon being the pick. In my eyes, as Lombardi stated, using that #2 on Gordon was a wasted pick. I hope that will not be something that we'll come to expect from him and he does in fact have the ability to see talent for what it is. He just makes me very nervous.
-
Barkevious Mingo - A physical Freak of Nature.
Lee McFadden - I'd prefer they had taken Tyrann Mathieu here... fingers crossed, I hope he can fill the gigantic hole at CB#2. It seems McFadden would have been available in round 4 where they could have taken him there giving us "the badger" in three, he went the very next pick to Arizona.
Jamoris Slaughter - said he's still recovering from the injury but is expected to be ready by the start of training camp. He was surprised to be drafted. I feel we could have taken Rambo here or Rambo in 5.
This draft would have been much better, to me, if it went :
Mingo
Gordon
Mathieu
McFadden
Rambo
then the small school guys. It seems like being this FO's first draft they tended to panic and draft a little too early. Hopefully they break this trend next year and learn from this draft.
-
Barkevious Mingo - A physical Freak of Nature.
Lee McFadden - I'd prefer they had taken Tyrann Mathieu here... fingers crossed, I hope he can fill the gigantic hole at CB#2. It seems McFadden would have been available in round 4 where they could have taken him there giving us "the badger" in three, he went the very next pick to Arizona.
Jamoris Slaughter - said he's still recovering from the injury but is expected to be ready by the start of training camp. He was surprised to be drafted. I feel we could have taken Rambo here or Rambo in 5.
This draft would have been much better, to me, if it went :
Mingo
Gordon
Mathieu
McFadden
Rambo
then the small school guys. It seems like being this FO's first draft they tended to panic and draft a little too early. Hopefully they break this trend next year and learn from this draft.
Barkevious Mingo - A physical Freak of Nature.
Lee McFadden - I'd prefer they had taken Tyrann Mathieu here... fingers crossed, I hope he can fill the gigantic hole at CB#2. It seems McFadden would have been available in round 4 where they could have taken him there giving us "the badger" in three, he went the very next pick to Arizona.
Jamoris Slaughter - said he's still recovering from the injury but is expected to be ready by the start of training camp. He was surprised to be drafted. I feel we could have taken Rambo here or Rambo in 5.
This draft would have been much better, to me, if it went :
Mingo
Gordon
Mathieu
McFadden
Rambo
then the small school guys. It seems like being this FO's first draft they tended to panic and draft a little too early. Hopefully they break this trend next year and learn from this draft.
The reason I like the McFadden pick is because he was in a pass happy league and was shut down in it. He was the guy, his team did not have 20 future NFL players on it. He has talent and technique. Honey Badger is one year removed from a great year. You just gotta remember that he had Petterson and Claiborne also on his team, so he could gamble. I am not saying he is terrible at all, just that I watched a lot of games from LSU, from being stationed there and his best qualities were as a returner not at DB, its also crazy he was drafted to be a FS for the Cards. As for Rambo, I really want to know why the hell he didnt get drafted until as late as he did. Slaughter will compete with Gipson at FS and can back up SS as well, the kid can play, recommend watching tape on the young guy.
-
Ya know why you'd prefer Rambo and heroin badger over McFadden and slaughter PG?
cause you heard their names from national media.....the frontrunner as you are. You wanted badger to play #2 CB? do you even watch football? Cause he's a nickel back, which is a fairly common opinion of the little crack head.
Meanwhile, McFadden spent a majority of his snaps playing the outside on an island under an aggressive defensive front.
But....people talked about Rambo and badger.
I'll leave you to research slaughter. Try more than one reference, preferably not cutups from YouTube.
-
No. I wanted Mathieu to play the exact position he was drafted in FS, or in a lesser extent nickel CB. Also, to double in as a KR/PR as we lost Cribbs. McFadden would have been there to be had in the fourth round as some projected him to go in the 5th.
Slaughter is an injured prospect that can't even run right now AND didn't even expect to be drafted.
So fuck off. Arizona had the balls to take a chance on the guy, we didn't. Just like Lombardi wouldn't have the balls Heckert had to take Gordon last year. That is the point.
We would have lost nothing in taking a chance, swing and miss, big deal. The potential is there, especially at a postion of need. That's why I stated that I would have wanted those guys, not because I'm a frontrunner. You are just a jackass if you think that.
Haden, Ward, McFadden, Mathieu and Rambo would have been a dangerous group and I don't care if you don't have the balls to admit it.
-
@mike-h said:
Bullshit. You never once said anything about FS and Mathieu. Why would they pick a nickel if they needed an outside guy? And if you wanted him at FS then why the continual Rambo talk? So you wanted them to draft 2 FSs? You're backpedaling and looking like an uninformed child who didn't get his way.
Travis Benjamin is the KR/PR. Move on.
McFadden would not have been there in the 4th or 5th round. He was a very highly-rated prospect by reputable evaluators. His name wasn't brought up a lot because of his size, but he has the ability to play the position because of the way he plays + his athleticism. 5'10" isn't a midget and he has a 35" vertical.
I admit to not doing my homework on McFadden before the draft but I didn't have time to get that deep. Like Choco said, just because his name wasn't a popular one on Twitter or the mock drafts, doesn't mean he isn't a good player. He will have a better career than Honey Badger.
We also got Dion Lewis in the Acho traded last month, he is another good returner for us.
-
"Trade Down to around the 10-14 pick range. In that spot take the best Free Safety in Kenny Vaccaro and pick up a second rounder. The next pick must now be a Cornerback opposite Joe Haden. If Desmond Trufant or Xavier Rhodes is available you stike that card and you just improved your defense. If they are both gone however, we need a playmaker at CB, I would suggest taking Tyrann Mathieu. He is an excellent kick/punt returner and we'll need one of those as Cribbs has left us. The only question I would have is whether this Front Office sees Mathieu as a pure #2 Cornerback, a Nickelback or a Free Safety. If they feel that he's capable to play opposite Haden without incident I would pull the trigger. A heisman finalist as a defensive underclassmen taken in the second round because of off the field behavior would equate to the Browns scoring a steal in this draft. Now if they believe that he's a Free Safety or Nickelback I'd change my first selection from Vaccaro to Rhodes or Trufant and then Mathieu in the second. I doubt that he makes it to the third round and he seems to have the underdawg mentality that Cleveland would embrace much like Joe Haden."
Yeah, I'm back tracking on nothing. I've said that I felt he could be a FS, a Nickel or a #2 and be a KR/PR. I like Rambo for the same reasons. A backfield of Rambo and Mathieu gives us good depth at the position. The cream rises to the top as they say. So what if I suggested taking two players at the same position? Did we not just take a player at 6 overall in a position we just moved Sheard to? It's called depth you boob.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
