Skip to content

Browns To Win Conference Next Year?

The Browns Board
79 22 3.9k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Having information or knowledge that others don't and releasing it is what makes you a sports journalist.

    Tony Grossi and Mary Kay Cabot disagree.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Tony Grossi and Mary Kay Cabot disagree.

    Touché.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mike-h said:

    It must suck to be so insecure.

    😉

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I've read the most crazy shit on bleacher report, I'll not be jumping off the cliff by stating the obvious that the site is shit.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I wasn't trying to take it as gospel and bet the house on it - just saying it's nice to see some positivity from somewhere! I do think we'll surprise a lot of people, but 10-6 is a bit of a stretch. I'd be happy with 8-8, or probably even 7-9, as long as there's progress. Hopefully we won't be picking in the top 10 next year.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    all kidding aside i really do feel like with just hte coaching staff alone we've raised our points up +2 or 3.

    i think the steelers are old and the ravens can't compensate for their losses on defense,

    bengals brown this year baby. i go them 1 and 1. but vs, the rest of the division the browns are 5 -6.

    say what? say what?

  • all kidding aside i really do feel like with just hte coaching staff alone we've raised our points up +2 or 3.

    i think the steelers are old and the ravens can't compensate for their losses on defense,

    bengals brown this year baby. i go them 1 and 1. but vs, the rest of the division the browns are 5 -6.

    say what? say what?

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @miktoxic said:

    all kidding aside i really do feel like with just hte coaching staff alone we've raised our points up +2 or 3.

    i think the steelers are old and the ravens can't compensate for their losses on defense,

    bengals brown this year baby. i go them 1 and 1. but vs, the rest of the division the browns are 5 -6.

    say what? say what?

    I think the ravens made some decent moves in the draft, so they won't feel the losses as much as we might have hoped. I reckon probably Steelers in the basement this year, and then it really could be any of the other three. Can see a three way tie, with Browns Bengals and Ravens going 4-2.

  • according to at least one reporter, yes.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1621957-winloss-predictions-for-every-nfl-team-post-nfl-draft

    Browns - 10-6

    Bengals - 9-7

    Ravens - 8-8

    Steelers - 8-8

    49ers come out on top apparently, going 14-2, but the bills are drafting at number one in 2014 at 2-14. Obviously, all pure speculation, but good to see someone viewing Cleveland in a positive light at least.

    A Assmunch wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gftchris said:

    according to at least one reporter, yes.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1621957-winloss-predictions-for-every-nfl-team-post-nfl-draft

    Browns - 10-6

    Bengals - 9-7

    Ravens - 8-8

    Steelers - 8-8

    49ers come out on top apparently, going 14-2, but the bills are drafting at number one in 2014 at 2-14. Obviously, all pure speculation, but good to see someone viewing Cleveland in a positive light at least.

    This is quite funny! Browns started out behind the other teams in their division and have fallen further behind them with this pathetic draft and a mediocre free agency.

  • D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Don't expect the Ravens to make the playoffs--Flacco goes down in flames trying to justify his big new contract.

    Like him or not, Ray-Ray was the heart and soul.

    Pittsburgh--is Pittsburgh. Every year people come on here and say the Steelers are old and done and every

    year we get bitch slapped. If Ben goes down it's over.

    Cinci--don't really give a fuck.

    I have to believe that having a competent coaching staff is worth 2 more wins.

    With Chud and Norv in his ear, Weeden has to be better--doesn't he? Huh? Please!?!

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mike-h said:

    The prediction says Browns 9-7 and winning tiebreaker over Cincy. If you're going to knock it, at least be accurate.

    It was 10-6 when I wrote the article. Presumably some high-up type said "come on guys, this is the browns, we don't want to look stupid!"

  • @mike-h said:

    The prediction says Browns 9-7 and winning tiebreaker over Cincy. If you're going to knock it, at least be accurate.

    It was 10-6 when I wrote the article. Presumably some high-up type said "come on guys, this is the browns, we don't want to look stupid!"

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @gftchris said:

    It was 10-6 when I wrote the article. Presumably some high-up type said "come on guys, this is the browns, we don't want to look stupid!"

    If they didn't want to look stupid, they shouldn't be writing for bleacherreport in the first place.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #25

    How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?

    How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?

    Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.

  • all kidding aside i really do feel like with just hte coaching staff alone we've raised our points up +2 or 3.

    i think the steelers are old and the ravens can't compensate for their losses on defense,

    bengals brown this year baby. i go them 1 and 1. but vs, the rest of the division the browns are 5 -6.

    say what? say what?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @miktoxic said:

    all kidding aside i really do feel like with just hte coaching staff alone we've raised our points up +2 or 3.

    i think the steelers are old and the ravens can't compensate for their losses on defense,

    bengals brown this year baby. i go them 1 and 1. but vs, the rest of the division the browns are 5 -6.

    say what? say what?

    The only problem is now you have Lombardi here who will hire his staff and draft crap players to negate any good Norv and Chud do...good luck and prepare for 4-12 in 2014

  • How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?

    How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?

    Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @poeticg said:

    How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?

    How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?

    Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.

    Turner as the OC was such a good addition to the team, he has had some great QBs and RBs to develop and work with. Lets hope Weeden can just comprehend whats going on this year and be able to read the Defenses. The dude has some talent, and has a lot of weapons at his disposal this year. I really dont know much about Horton other then having an aggressive style Defense, and thats a good thing, considering we have been a bend but dont break type D for awhile.

  • How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?

    How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?

    Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @poeticg said:

    How many drives did we miss out on because of Shurmurs horrible play-calling?

    How many times did he muck up the personnel or limit the talent on the field?

    Honestly, I couldn't be happier that Shumur is gone. Juron didn't seem to have the fire to push these guys that Horton seems to have. Childress being up in the booth instead of down on the field getting a feel for who's hot and who's not really hampered our momentum at times. I feel that with the coaches alone, that brings us at least 4 more wins... yeah, Shurmur was that bad. We should have been 9-7 last year and with the offseason upgrades we should be 11-5 next year.

    I agree with every part except for Childress being up in the booth. It would seem to me (and I'm not expert) but it would seem that calling plays from the press box on offense especially would be easier. I've noticed being at the games how much easier it is to see the plays open up and develop from up higher. I would think that a coach calling plays would think the same thing.

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #29

    .500 if weeds sucks,

    superbowl if he gets it.

    btw whoever designed the bleacher report with the slide show style of reading should be fired immediately. that is the sole reason i never read anything from the site. Guess its easier to cram more ad-ware down every ones throat.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    All we need is to hit on 2 new OG's next year in the draft.. if this Gilkey guy is just serviceable he'll probably be better than Lauvoaieagh

  • All we need is to hit on 2 new OG's next year in the draft.. if this Gilkey guy is just serviceable he'll probably be better than Lauvoaieagh

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @unsympathetic said:

    All we need is to hit on 2 new OG's next year in the draft.. if this Gilkey guy is just serviceable he'll probably be better than Lauvoaieagh

    we can only hope. thought they might have looked a little closer at the OL (right side) in FA and the draft cuz there are at least 3 guys on our roster that couldn't be 2nd string on any other football team.

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I FUCKING Hate the Bleacher Report. Slideshows are for gays.

  • I FUCKING Hate the Bleacher Report. Slideshows are for gays.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @kosar_for_president said:

    I FUCKING Hate the Bleacher Report. Slideshows are for gays.

    I hate any website that I can't minimize to a standard rectangle of text and scroll down to read all the info. Makes work life much less complicated.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #34

    So basically we might be the best of mediocre lot? Yippee!

    But... afraid I cannot join the party...

    1st - Cincinnati (11-5)

    I think the Bengals are clearly the class of the division and but for the Texans, who have gone All-In for the 2013 season, might be my AFC pick to go to the SB.

    2nd - Baltimore (10-6)

    The Ravens will push the Bengals all the way... and do it with offense. I predicted a break out year last year for Flacco, and despite a so-so start, I think he vindicated me with a good 2nd half and great playoff run. Yes, their D will yield more points (a lot more points) while the new pieces of that puzzle mature, but their O will more than step up.

    3rd - Cleveland (7 - 9)

    4th - Pittsburgh (6-10)

    So that leaves us and the Steelers battling to stay out of the basement.... and while I do not trust that western PA team to cooperate, I can't see them topping us for what seems like the umpteenth time in forever. Their O-line is still a liability. Ben's a year older... maybe three years older after another beat down of a season. And the D just isn't what it was...

    So while I see us having another off season start earlier than we'd like, we can take solace in a 2 game improvement over 2012 and a finish ahead of our "rival".