Skip to content

Honey Badger Agent Demands Guaranteed Money Or No Contract Signing

The Browns Board
106 26 4.2k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Certainly my list is subjective. When I list "big" cities...I am taking the position that any city that has a major league team is "big".

    Plus....re Boston...you can't just count the size of how far it takes to walk around downtown. You have to take the entire city....plus surrounding suburbs. (So, in a sense I would count Minneapolis/St. Paul as a single entity....though don't tell the people of those cities that...same with Tampa/St. Pete.

    Never been to Telluride so I can't tell. (plus I am not going by just "good skiing", I don't ski...I basically take the whole package)

    I have merely driven through Portsmouth NH...so have no basis to go one.

    Yeah- relative to NYC, not too many towns qualify as "big". You have to go international to find bigger, and this list is pretty interesting- had no idea about some of those cities. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population

    Haven't been to all those US towns\cities, Gip. San Fran is OK, but not my cup of tea. Small\resort towns I agree with Mik- I'll take Telluride (or Breckenridge) over Aspen anytime. Aspen is too glitzy, and just stinks of money. I have to put Bar Harbor on my personal list, and 100% agree about Jackson Hole. The Cowboy Bar is a must stop when you're in town.

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- relative to NYC, not too many towns qualify as "big". You have to go international to find bigger, and this list is pretty interesting- had no idea about some of those cities. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population

    Haven't been to all those US towns\cities, Gip. San Fran is OK, but not my cup of tea. Small\resort towns I agree with Mik- I'll take Telluride (or Breckenridge) over Aspen anytime. Aspen is too glitzy, and just stinks of money. I have to put Bar Harbor on my personal list, and 100% agree about Jackson Hole. The Cowboy Bar is a must stop when you're in town.

    I like the architecture of Aspen. It has a coherent....fundamentally western feel about the architecture. Glitzy? Maybe.

    I have been to Breckenridge, stayed a week there in fact.....which to me is just a wide spot on the road.

    I do like the addition of Bar Harbor though.

    And you mean the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson....where the bar stools are saddles.

    (for real Cowboys though you want to hang out at the Irma in Cody Wyo. Buffalo Bill built that and named it after his daughter.

    I have stayed there for my brother's wedding....who was at one time a Wyoming cowboy.

  • Well you got your money you freakin doper. Hope you blow it all on dope and cost the Cards a draft pick

  • ...Amen... Now go get em Tryann- as long as it's not against us!

    *One word of advice; don't even try to tackle Trent Richardson, you'll die... 🤔

  • Well you got your money you freakin doper. Hope you blow it all on dope and cost the Cards a draft pick

    @comeonman said:

    Well you got your money you freakin doper. Hope you blow it all on dope and cost the Cards a draft pick

    What the hell did he do to you? Pretty classless thing to say. What player in their right mind would want to sign without some kind of guaranteed money? The Cards took a risk in drafting him but they drafted him high enough that you expect a certain kind of pay day. Say he goes out and gets careered in training camp or Preseason. Sean Spence is dealing with that right now, (making strong progress) he didn't make it out of the preseason. If the Cards weren't going to pay him someone would have so you can't fault the kid for wanting what every other draft pick selected in his round is entitled too, otherwise don't draft him that high.

  • I don't like doper problem children that destroy locker rooms, file a lawsuit if it bothers you so much. Cards were stupid for drafting him so high

  • They shouldn't have drafted him so high and he should have held out for the full ammount of guarenteed money. At least I think he gets the rest as long as he is on the team and not suspended during the season.

  • I didn't hear, what is the dope on this? Did he sign? For what?

    (whatever happened....I will simply apply a Shakespeare title: Much Ado About Nothing.)

  • Something like 650,000. 250,000 ish up front

  • Something like 650,000. 250,000 ish up front

    @comeonman said:

    Something like 650,000. 250,000 ish up front

    and thats the gaurenteed money. He gets the other 400,000 plus if he doesn't miss any games this season due to suspension.

  • @comeonman said:

    Something like 650,000. 250,000 ish up front

    and thats the gaurenteed money. He gets the other 400,000 plus if he doesn't miss any games this season due to suspension.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    and thats the gaurenteed money. He gets the other 400,000 plus if he doesn't miss any games this season due to suspension.

    Sounds like a resonably fair deal. He gets 250 K, plus 650K plus 400K. That is 1.3 mill. total for the year....which may be about right, I guess.

    His agent gets most of the 250K up front. The Cards threw him that bone. Bu, that means essentially most of the rest of his contract is incentive.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    and thats the gaurenteed money. He gets the other 400,000 plus if he doesn't miss any games this season due to suspension.

    Sounds like a resonably fair deal. He gets 250 K, plus 650K plus 400K. That is 1.3 mill. total for the year....which may be about right, I guess.

    His agent gets most of the 250K up front. The Cards threw him that bone. Bu, that means essentially most of the rest of his contract is incentive.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sounds like a resonably fair deal. He gets 250 K, plus 650K plus 400K. That is 1.3 mill. total for the year....which may be about right, I guess.

    His agent gets most of the 250K up front. The Cards threw him that bone. Bu, that means essentially most of the rest of his contract is incentive.

    No you are confused. He gets his normally money per his draft slot and then a 650k ish signing bonus. 250k he gets up front. The other 400k he gets if he doesn't get suspended this season.

  • I don't like doper problem children that destroy locker rooms, file a lawsuit if it bothers you so much. Cards were stupid for drafting him so high

    @comeonman said:

    I don't like doper problem children that destroy locker rooms, file a lawsuit if it bothers you so much. Cards were stupid for drafting him so high

    And they should have to pay for being stupid.

    I'm confused, are you a Cardinals fan?

  • @comeonman said:

    I don't like doper problem children that destroy locker rooms, file a lawsuit if it bothers you so much. Cards were stupid for drafting him so high

    And they should have to pay for being stupid.

    I'm confused, are you a Cardinals fan?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And they should have to pay for being stupid.

    I'm confused, are you a Cardinals fan?

    youre right I'm ranting a little much, just got pretty tired of a bunch of people around the board thinking he was the next Deion Sanders and we were the stupid ones for not drafting him
  • It's impossible for me to guess at whether or not he'll make it and turn his life around off the field.

    But he has a contract that rewards him for his physical talent, and part of a signing bonus up front.

    That's pretty fair. If he screws it up, he's out a lot of money, and maybe a career.

    The Browns were not in a position to gamble freely at that point, and I'm delighted they didn't;

    Time will tell, eh?